Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 03:24 PM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmm... VK, The CB200 has definitely stopped receiver input and output.

I see the min Q1 value is 11%. so somewhere it switched to R2.. did that happen at taxi in?

I talked to Danny today.. we couldn't come up with anything definitive..

Post the software version of the receivers.. I know the CB200 is current or it wouldn't work.

I think its time to completely update all the software, and BIN files, and the Cortex Files.. I have never see them just stop talking. Make sure to re-downlosd the software again to make sure it ins't corrupted.

Then bypass the cortex for a minute and get everything working. then re insert the cortex and program it from scratch..

If that doesn't do it, then a bench test by Danny or James might be in order.
Old 07-22-2017, 05:42 PM
VK96

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Both R3's were running 3.24...just updated to 3.25. The low Q values were in flight and something that I've not been thrilled with. This is the lowest I've seen them though as they've not dipped below 20 previously. They coincide with low antenna values so I will relocate the R3's in the Flash...a little tricky as there's quite a bit of carbon. While taxiing back in all signal/Q values were strong and continued so after the fail-safe event.

I just want to say that when speaking with Danny he's offered to swap out my Cortex Pro at no charge. Also, James offered to swap the CB200. Kudos to these guys for top notch customer service. Once I receive the units I'll be sure everything is updated and reconnect as you mentioned. Thanks for the advice!
Old 07-23-2017, 12:09 AM
josex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The same thing happened to me.
I was setting up a new F-16 with 2 RSAT2 connected to Cortex PRO connected to CB200. Also have power connected to port 4. After it had been on about 30min all servos just stopped responding.
The Radio didn't give any alarm since both RSAT had good reception.
Seems like the Cortex PRO just stopped sending the signals to the CB.
I've not been able to reproduce the problem but I'm a bit worried about using the Cortex.

Please let me know if you find any cause to this problem.
Regards,
Joakim
Old 07-23-2017, 06:45 AM
Looping31

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by josex
The same thing happened to me.
I was setting up a new F-16 with 2 RSAT2 connected to Cortex PRO connected to CB200. Also have power connected to port 4. After it had been on about 30min all servos just stopped responding.
The Radio didn't give any alarm since both RSAT had good reception.
Seems like the Cortex PRO just stopped sending the signals to the CB.
I've not been able to reproduce the problem but I'm a bit worried about using the Cortex.

Please let me know if you find any cause to this problem.
Regards,
Joakim
Grounded immediately my fleet !
I have 3 giant scale jets and props fitted with the same setup (CORTEX Pro, CB200, Rsat2, RCSw).
I didn't notice any problem at this time but waiting impatiently to learn more from these incidents..
I will do also some ground tests on my side.
Thank you for sharing.
Old 07-23-2017, 07:10 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Hi All
How many of you think its wise to put any "third party" device in between there CB100-200-400 and its Sat,s, its the main reason I rejected using the Cortex pro?
What I have used is Jeti Sat,s connected directly to a Powerbox SRS in particular the Mercury., Its a very much neater and far cheaper way of incorporating a Gyro. I feel a lot happier and safer with the latter setup but only use it instead of a CB because I wish to use a gyro but got fed-up with waiting for the Jeti "Asist" that has been promised for a few "years" now.
Thoughts?

Last edited by Mark Vandervelden; 07-23-2017 at 07:36 AM.
Old 07-24-2017, 12:44 AM
josex

When it did happened to me only one JETI 2s battery was connected to the CB200 and it was quite low. So I first thought that the battery died until I saw that both receivers still had signal.
So could it be a low power problem?

Also would it be safe to connect the secondary RSAT directly to the CB200 instead? So if the cortex would stop working the CB would still have signal? Or would this cause problems when the cortex is working?
Old 07-24-2017, 01:03 AM
VK96

The first time it occurred to me on the bench I was using one 2s lipo that I had at storage voltage (3.8v/cell). However, when it occurred post-flight last week I had both 2s lipos connected, and both we're over 4.05v/cell. I tried throughout the afternoon yesterday to replicate the event without any luck. I'll be sending the unit back to Danny today. In speaking with him he mentioned (but I'll let him confirm) plugging RX2 directly into the CB200. In this case there's a direct link, you would simply loose gyro function if the Pro were to fail.

Edit- I've sent him my log to look at as he's trying to get to the bottom of it.

Last edited by VK96; 07-24-2017 at 01:06 AM.
Old 07-24-2017, 01:42 AM
DEMONjoe

We have noticed all your findings and thoughts, and what happened so far.
So first if all I want to state that this cannot be a general issue, as CORTEXpro units, installed in exactly this way, are around the planet in hundrets by now, working perfectly. So there is no real reason from our side to confirm or suggest to keep anything grounded cause of this. But of course we will look into this, with the supplied log files from Danny and you guys. Thanks for supplying those to anyone who did so on Danny's request.

Second thing: there was and is a great cooperation between Jeti and us in all these developments. So "third party device"....yes. But a well tested one, developed together all the way. Not sure what's less "third party" when using a Jeti component on a PB part, and how this should make things better. Anyway, this is surely no reason to start "advertisement"

And yes, of course you can use one receiver through the CORTEXpro and another one directly on Rx2 on the CB. Technically no problem at all. All you would loose, once the main receiver on the CORTEXpro would stop working is that you would loose gyro assistance. This actually is a setup some guys make use of, especially when integrating a 900MHz receiver: 2x 2.4GHz through the CORTEXpro and only output 6 to the Rx1 port on the CB, and the 900MHz rx to Rx2 on the CB.

Ok, hope to be back with more info soon. Talking to a lot of guys now to gather more information.
Old 07-24-2017, 01:42 AM
Mark Vandervelden

"Also would it be safe to connect the secondary RSAT directly to the CB200 instead? So if the cortex would stop working the CB would still have signal? Or would this cause problems when the cortex is working?"

I have looked at that and found it did work with Sat 1 through the Cortex and Sat 2 connected directy to the CB.
But when or if Sat 1 drops out for what ever reason you will lose the effect of the Cortex, ie no gyro.
If any delta, V-Tail or control surfaces were set up through the Cortex not the Tx , would that be lost at the same time because that would be a disaster?.

Last edited by Mark Vandervelden; 07-24-2017 at 01:57 AM.
Old 07-24-2017, 01:50 AM
DEMONjoe

As I said, yes, you can do this: teach in with Rx on port A of the CORTEXpro (so it uses serial I/O), then switch to input B afterwards. Second Rx goes to CB directly.
This would never result in any loss but the gyro control, as with our systems everything stays in the radio (V-tail mixer, delta mixer, whatever). One of the reason we did it this way.
Old 07-24-2017, 02:12 AM
Mark Vandervelden

"This actually is a setup some guys make use of, especially when integrating a 900MHz receiver: 2x 2.4GHz through the CORTEXpro and only output 6 to the Rx1 port on the CB, and the 900MHz rx to Rx2 on the CB."

This sounds like a very good way to utilise both the 2.4 modules and the new 900MHz feature of the Jeti DS-DC24 TXs.
I am curios thought, will the Cortex act as an SRS, ie if 2.4 Sat 1 drops out and 2.4 Sat 2 takes over, will the Cortex then pass on the 2.4 from the second Sat?
If this is the case it make the Cortex being connected in-between the Sats and CB a bit more palatable with it having a 900MHz backup.

Last edited by Mark Vandervelden; 07-24-2017 at 02:14 AM.
Old 07-24-2017, 02:34 AM
DEMONjoe

Originally Posted by Mark Vandervelden
I am curios thought, will the Cortex act as an SRS, ie if 2.4 Sat 1 drops out and 2.4 Sat 2 takes over, will the Cortex then pass on the 2.4 from the second Sat?
Yes, of course it does this. The same way the CBs work: listen to the main Rx (in our case port B), until it's signal is lost, then switch to the secondary. Once the main Rx is back, switch back to it.
Old 07-24-2017, 04:24 AM
gapellegrini

Guys I'm pretty new to Jeti and I have a question.

This actually is a setup some guys make use of, especially when integrating a 900MHz receiver: 2x 2.4GHz through the CORTEXpro and only output 6 to the Rx1 port on the CB, and the 900MHz rx to Rx2 on the CB."

On setup above with the VK96 problem where Q values and Antenna were high and system wasn't working how would the TX change to 900mhz connected direct to cb200 if on the tx everything was fine with no transmission or reception problem?
Old 07-24-2017, 04:42 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

900 MHz is mean for backup not primary and only one......note that it's not working with the 14/16 series TX

I run the cortex pro with CB200 2 R3 and a third one a switch....work fine, but it did took me a couple emails to make the first work
Old 07-24-2017, 05:05 AM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts

For what it's worth, I use a DS16, CB200. 2 R3's and mag switch, thru a Cortex pro. I have had no problems. On setup I did not like the connections into the Cortex pro, they seemed loose. After all worked properly I ran a bead of hot glue around all Cortex connections to keep a "wiggle" from causing a power/signal loss. Maybe something to look at and maybe not. All software is up to date.

Last edited by tp777fo; 07-24-2017 at 08:13 AM.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:28 AM
ww2birds
My Feedback: (14)

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

DemonJoe .. thanks for the good info. Just to make sure I understand - the Cortex takes two RX inputs, selects the "best" one, "adds in" the gyro modifications , and then puts out two identical streams that are gyro-corrected from the "best"? There was some speculation on another thread that the Cortex might take two RXs, modifies both data streams and passes along both streams .. one to each output? Sounds like that is not correct.

Or does it work differently for bus systems (Sbus, Xbus) than it does for pure PWM systems like Jeti?

thanks
Dave
Old 07-25-2017, 06:12 AM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts

Just to play it safe, I am going to remove R2 from the CortexPro and plug it into the CB port for R2. R1 will remain as installed through the Cortex. Is there anything else I need to do? I am new to both Cortex and Jeti. Thanks.
Old 07-26-2017, 05:20 PM
gapellegrini

I am having problems setting up mu xicoy ECU with my ds-16. I found some info here but most of them with a kill switch. Who is not using a switch what are the maximum and minimum values? What about the trim on trim menu? What percentage there?

thanks in advance for your help
Old 07-26-2017, 05:23 PM
Jospeh114

Hi,
I have a magnum XLS 40 glow engine,
I havnt used it for around 2 years... I took it apart cleaned it, oiled it and once I gathered it together with fresh Nitro fuel its not starting...
can anyone help me please???
Glow plug is charged and the glow is working ive tested it.
ive put fresh fuel... still nothing
it tries to start but just wont kick in.
I tried heating the head to give some heat and still no luck...
I pimed it many times, and still no luck
I emptied the fuel from the engine once I over primed it and tried again and still no luck
it tries to start but it wont.
I tried turning it with a 12v starter but the only result I get is the spinner and prop flying off... so I am starting it by hand and since then ive had no problems of the prop flying off..
ive looked over it many times to see if there is a gap or leak and I have no gaps or leaks. not in the engine nor in the fuel lines
ive tried playing with he needle and had no luck too.
don't get me wrong, it wants to start but it wont. before you know it my glow plug dies of battery. so I have to charge it up again and wait 4 hours to do this all again.
ive spent almost 1.5L of nitro for nothing.
ive realized something... in regards to the cylinder head. if I unscrew it I can rotate the prop easily around the shaf. once I screw on the cylinder head there is a funny sound each time the Piston hit TDC and its quite hard to turn it again theres a funny sound - tick tick sound. I thought maybe that is the problem I don't have any solutions to it....
in regards to the carby ive cleaned it and put it back on properly.... the thing just wont start!!
can any one help me?
King regards
Joseph
Old 07-26-2017, 05:24 PM
Dansy

GAPEL.....It might depends on the turbine, on my KingTech/JETI I used + - 80%.....for travel (which mean +- 100% for the JR ect) -125% for throttle lock and +40% for high idle on a switch
Old 07-26-2017, 05:29 PM
philjac94

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Leave standard 100/100% travel throws for throttle.

I do not use the regular trim for throttle. I disable it in Digital Trim Menu by Reducing Range (100/100) down to zero.
In Function Menu assign a 2 position switch to the Trim Function and 50% as the Value. This will give you 33% as your Idle position on your ECU/Data terminal.
I also changed my 2 Pos Switches for Security Switches (lift and pull)
Old 07-26-2017, 05:33 PM
Dansy

I used what would be the trim for throttle for my nose wheel steering instead
Old 07-26-2017, 06:41 PM
Mi-25

Hi Joseph,
this is a Jeti discussion forum, perhaps you need to post your message on the appropriate discussion thread?
regards,
Leon
Old 07-26-2017, 07:23 PM
gooseF22

I use a Kill switch in the Sa Position, so I use the throttle kill function to give -100%.. use -80% for idle and +80 for full throttle on the Xicoy. I also use the throttle trim for NWS..
Old 07-26-2017, 11:50 PM
gapellegrini

Originally Posted by gooseF22
I use a Kill switch in the Sa Position, so I use the throttle kill function to give -100%.. use -80% for idle and +80 for full throttle on the Xicoy. I also use the throttle trim for NWS..
what is nws?

it looks like the trim is problematic on turbine. Nobody uses it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.