Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 11:46 PM
Svein Erik Riis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello
I was in Esprit web site and had a look at the gas and turbine fuel flow meters.
Are you sure you got the price right? 29 $ for the gas version and 219 $ for the turbine version.
Whats the differens apart from the Festo fitting?
If that is the only diferrens, how can you defend that price?
Hope its a miss in the pricing deparement:-)
Old 05-10-2014, 03:08 AM
JohnMac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Svein,
They are the same price. I have them listed on my price list as £148 so $219 dollars looks about right.
John
Jettstreamuk.co.uk
Old 05-10-2014, 03:54 AM
Puttputt maru

The $29 is a Pre-order to reserve price, they bill you the difference after when they send it to you.
Old 05-10-2014, 05:50 AM
Svein Erik Riis

Ok, thanks. I see it now.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:10 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

​Hi Guys

Can those in the know give us the heads up on some of the goodies in the pipeline from Jeti.
I'm referring to the ones mentioned earlier in this thread after being shown at one of the big trade gatherings.
These were announced a wile back now but no mention of their proposed realise dates.

I'm referring to the CB400 and the two Gyros, I would also like to know a little more about there capability's .

With the CB 400, has it the ability to give mixed voltage outputs? i.e. 5.7v on one bank of servos outputs and 7.4 on another to accommodate a mixture of std and HV servos ? .

"Also" with the gyros, are they connected to an RX or CB like a sensor, it looks that way in the pic.

Looking forward to any incite

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	cb400.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	1994951   Click image for larger version

Name:	x12%20Sensor%20Assist.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	654.2 KB
ID:	1994952  

Last edited by Mark Vandervelden; 05-13-2014 at 08:19 AM.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:44 AM
gooseF22

we are waiting to hear ourselves, however I think from what I have heard..(not sure)

the CB400 I think will be one voltage output level based on the twin switching regulators providing the same voltage level to each servo output with redundancy and isolation

the gyro stabilization system might have both pass thru (regular receiver) and EXbus CB200/400 loop capability by the looks of the ports

we will see..
Old 05-14-2014, 06:32 PM
gooseF22

Ok gents, after a lot of discussion with RCjets and some experimentation, we have decided how we are going to ladder our alarms for receivers..

Only for this Setup: R7, 9,11, 14, 18 Primary plus Any satellite in PPM mode..

We prefer Dual path mode for more information..

Our alarm setup:

1. In the SYSTEM sound menu, we are going to set the Weak signal alarm value to 3 (highest value) plays "Signal Weak"
2. Morse Code S in the primary receiver for the Sat port (default) - plays "Warning Satellite 1 error"
3. In the Wireless Modes menu, we are going to use "ALARM at loss of RX1" only - plays "Warning Signal Lost" only when link to primary receiver is lost

With this progression, you will know from the sound files whats happening..

Signal weak means any antenna has dropped below 3
Sat error means the PPM stream has stopped, so the Sat receiver is not receiving anything
Signal Loss means primary transmitter primary receiver link has gone only..

HOWEVER, why we will stay in dual path, is to be able to log that signal strength, and see which sat antenna is the offending one, so that we may tune it better for location and diversity..

In other words, We would rather have the information on the reception strength of the Sat rx real time, than totally rely on the morse code..

This has been well thought out, with a lot of discussion in the different scenarios.. Enjoy..Goose and Jim..

PS.. for a Cbox200 twin receiver setup.. continue to use "alarm at any receiver loss"

Last edited by gooseF22; 05-14-2014 at 07:02 PM.
Old 05-14-2014, 06:42 PM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Excellent work gentlemen.. I just put down my DS16 after modifying my dual path (R14/R3) setup as you described above....

Without going to the garage to test the following would you know if R3 in SAT1 is lost (pulled from R14) the signal strength and quality of the R14 be displayed and the second line representing R3 would be blank? Prior to 3.22 both lines of antenna strength would blank out if R3 was lost...

Thank you....David
Old 05-14-2014, 06:47 PM
gooseF22

Originally Posted by LA jetguy
Excellent work gentlemen.. I just put down my DS16 after modifying my dual path (R14/R3) setup as you described above....

Without going to the garage to test the following would you know if R3 in SAT1 is lost (pulled from R14) the signal strength and quality of the R14 be displayed and the second line representing R3 would be blank? Prior to 3.22 both lines of antenna strength would blank out if R3 was lost...

Thank you....David
Yes, it works like you think it would
Old 05-14-2014, 06:59 PM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Thanks Dave... saved me a trip to garage.......
Old 05-15-2014, 11:47 PM
Treesnake

Hi Guys,

New to this forum but not new to RC. I have been flying 3D helicopters and Turbine jets for a number of years.
i have recently upgraded from my trusty JR 11X to Jeti DS 16 ( great move ) and the telemetry I have hooked up is outstanding for the helis. I now fly to the Mah of the pack and use a variety of head speeds.

I will soon have the Xicoy telemetry for my turbine and so the time has come to change over my receivers in my jet to Jeti also.

I have 2 xRsat2 receivers plugged into the Powerbox Cockpit of my Eurofighter jet.

i have tried the usual process of dual path, binding the primary then secondary receivers as required. I have the small egg timer symbol when trying to bind the second receiver and cannot get the powerbox to respond.
Could someone please advise on how to connect and bind the Rsat2's.

Do I use PPM positive out to the powerbox , or select EX Bus and connect with ext ports.

My Powerbox Cockpit is the SRS type (satellite version ) this worked perfectly fine on my 4 x JR previously hooked up.

Apologies if this topic has been covered previously in this thread but cannot find the actual setup only in depth information on slave satellite setups.

thanks in advance.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:38 AM
lxfly

@treesnake
Sent you a pm
Old 05-16-2014, 04:20 AM
gooseF22

Treesnake.

Check your manual, but Im 99% Sure the PB SRS will accept EX bus inputs..
Select Mode: "Jeti Duplex EX" in the PBS

Bind the Jeti receivers with a separate battery in each one separately, not connected to the PBS.. Rx 1 to primary, Rx2 to secondary in Dual path..

then Set each of them via device explorer to:

Output: EX mode
Failsafe: off
Output Period: auto
Channels: 16

Then plug each one into the PBS via the EX Bus port

The setup is very much like the central Box.. the PBS handles the switching, and the Failsafe function.. It will tell you via the menus whats going on.

Richard, please chime in here if I said something Incorrect..

Last edited by gooseF22; 05-16-2014 at 04:23 AM.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:00 AM
Treesnake

Thank you guys.
I think my problem may be the firmware version I have on the Rsats. I am not seeing some of the options described.

I also do not have the option of Jeti EX Bus in the PB, only Jeti option.

I will experiment some more.

Appreciate the responses guys, thanks.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:08 PM
gooseF22

Maybe make sure PBS has latest firmware..Let Richard chime in, Im not super familiar with it.. I do know it will accept PPM mode from Jeti, but if you can get EX to work, its fully digital and much fasterDefinitely update the Rsats.. you will need it to work with 3.0 transmitter
Old 05-16-2014, 01:16 PM
gooseF22

Note to self:

Make sure Transmitter Alarms DO NOT have the "set throttle to idle upon alarm" function enabled..

put that one in the book of selfies..
Old 05-16-2014, 02:05 PM
Pepperpete

Guys is there any way to be able to display MPH with the GPS module instead of Feet Per Second? I will never understand why they would use that measure. I haven't met anyone yet who would rather know the FPS of the plane vs MPH. Thx
Old 05-16-2014, 02:38 PM
jdrd

Go to Menu "SENSORS/LOGGING SETUP" , scroll to MSPEED....1 Velocity and select mph......that should do it for you to display mph.

Cheers,
Joe Grice
Old 05-16-2014, 03:19 PM
Pepperpete

Originally Posted by jdrd
Go to Menu "SENSORS/LOGGING SETUP" , scroll to MSPEED....1 Velocity and select mph......that should do it for you to display mph.

Cheers,
Joe Grice
Perfect thank you!
Old 05-17-2014, 03:55 AM
Treesnake

Well I have tried everything with my two Rsat2.
I cannot get them to bind in dual path mode. Second receiver just cycles with the egg timer going.
I think I require the firmware updates before I can proceed.
Now for the long wait for the USB dongle to arrive .

I also tried binding in regular PPM mode with no success.
Can you bind with just one receiver or require two ?

I know my Powerbox is designed to respond only when three or more JR sat receivers are used. Is it the same for Jeti ?
Manual states two.

The step by step procedure for PPM two satellites would be greatly appreciated.
I am running 2.22 firmware in the transmitter and unsure for the sats.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:50 PM
gooseF22

TS.
Go a few pages back for dual path binding.. its there.. follow the procedure for central box, but select PPM pos
you need to update transmitter to 3.0 and the receivers to 3.22.
Old 05-19-2014, 02:08 AM
Richi-d

Hello Treesnake,

with latest version you can use EX BUS (all satellites versions: 3.11 - 3.22) and UDI as well. If you use UDI, you can simple connect the satellites signal output (PPM connector) to RX1 and RX4 + the telemetry output from the PowerBox to EXT input of the satellite. You get full telemetry (battery and receiver data) to your transmitter screen.
You can use the Jetit USB wire to update the PowerBox. The Terminal program is free: http://www.powerbox-systems.com/down...-terminal.html
Old 05-19-2014, 02:15 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

I am on the point of buying the Jeti system, but I get the impression that you guys are having to write the manual yourself, and are trying to work out how this complex system works which is never a good idea. Has Jeti really not provided proper manuals for the CBs, Rsats etc?
Old 05-19-2014, 04:49 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Hello Harry
I don't think its fair to assume Jeti have not provided an adequate manual but from an newcomers prospective and reading these threads I can understand why they might think that. I have had my DS16 Tx since last August and have found the programing quite intuitive and was able to use it as a normal RC set straight out the box just like any other RC.
Of course to use its more innovative features that are simply not available on other systems I have had to refer to the manual to get to grips with them but its not hard just a bit different to the Futaba and JR setups I had been using before.
The first "none std" setup I flew with on the Jeti was way back last September and used a Duel path system on a Powerbox SRS but even that only took one evening and an email to Richard at PB , it was far simpler and much more capable for me than the JR DMS and DMSS setups it had replaced.
What might be making newcomers think its complicated is that unlike the more usual RC sets out there Jeti are adding and improved the ability's all the time so generating more discussion and questions but the basics are still unchanged. Jeti have introduced more new features and capability's in this last year than the other brands have evan attempted to try in a very long time.
I note that much of this thread is taken up with gyro setups of one type or another. I only have only had practical experience of the PB iGyro but found that no harder to use with Jeti than with DMSS or FASST. Luckily with Jeti,s own gyros soon to be available I think that will also become a evan simpler task, a much neater integrated system install and way cheaper in future.
I would never go back to "ordinary" RC now, Jeti IMHO is head and shoulders ahead of the mainstream sets available and updating and adding to its ability's all the time. Its unlikely other systems will be able to keep up if they only improve and update at the pace they have been for the last ten years.

What I think might be helpful to "Jeti Newbies" is a few pre-set programs/model memories to be made available allowing the new user to adapt or build on. Perhaps a few basic setups could be made available for downloading to get a new user started rather than having the blank canvas when there brand new TX arrives.

Last edited by Mark Vandervelden; 05-19-2014 at 06:50 AM. Reason: To sort out my bad speeling and correct my gramar wot is bad :-)
Old 05-19-2014, 05:19 AM
wildnloose

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

HarryC,
New Jeti user here, only had my transmitter for a few weeks. I am the type of guy who does not use much of anything, don't use hi rates, dual rates, barely use expo on some of my planes. Basically I just don't like flipping switches while I fly. I guess you say I'm more of a "purist" type of flyer.

I had been keeping up with this thread before I bought one (I like to stay current on new equipment). Like you, I thought this stuff is way too complicated for my taste. Normally I don't even consider buying anything for at least 2 years (give the manufacturer time to work out the bugs). But I was able to get one at a discounted price so I jumped on it.

All I can say is that things made more sense to me when I had the actual transmitter in my hands and started setting up my planes. Binding a receiver was so easy I had to do it 3 times just to make sure I did not miss anything ( think it took me 30 seconds the first time (including reading the manual). Connecting it to a computer was super simple. I downloaded all my sound files the first night. The programming just makes sense to me. I watched the programming videos again (after I had it in my hands so I could follow) and I could not believe how easy it was.

I don't have a CB, Rsats, gyro, or any of that stuff yet. So I will not comment on it. But for less complicated setups its super simple and makes more sense when you have it in your hands.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.