Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 03:24 PM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LA jetguy
I have my cortex gain based on flight modes... Will setup my cruise mode as Dave explained above but for take off and landing I want a constant fixed gain.... Got to test to see if that possible with MX1 switch...
Thats the intent of my setup..
What you do is only load the Gyro Tuning for that single mode.. leave the gyro tuning blank for the other positions in the gyro menu.. thats the way mine is too..
Old 05-21-2014, 04:45 PM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Exactly... I may play around with tuning rate ... But will start with 50 to begin with.......

Now as for flap deployment.. I want to be able to control flight mode with MX switch.... That is if above xx m/s do not execute landing mode even if I move switch to landing mode... Once below xx m/s then execute that flight mode (flaps, elevator and crow)... And if speed goes up execute previous flight mode .....

Wow that look like a lot of brain storming... But it would be real nice ... Any suggestion Dave?
Old 05-21-2014, 05:45 PM
LA jetguy

Well.. I setup MX switch as a flight mode to deploy flaps.. But can not figure out how to activate crow... If I use the same MX switch as butterfly switch then I lose regular control with physical switch if I disable that MX switch ..... Maybe I should setup a logical switch for butterfly to contain the new MX
Old 05-22-2014, 06:20 AM
gooseF22

Well.. I setup MX switch as a flight mode to deploy flaps.. But can not figure out how to activate crow... If I use the same MX switch as butterfly switch then I lose regular control with physical switch if I disable that MX switch ..... Maybe I should setup a logical switch for butterfly to contain the new MX

Use a logical OR switch

MX1 OR SwitchX

Then in butterfly the Logical switch as activating it..
Old 05-22-2014, 07:01 AM
LA jetguy

Thanks Dave...I will work in that direction... Will test it on my foamy Cobra...
Old 05-23-2014, 07:39 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

I have been reading the CB200 instructions. Please help me to understand the connection to rsats!

There is a diagram showing 2 rsats connected by their PPM sockets.
There is a diagram showing 2 rsats connected by their PPM sockets plus an additional cable connecting one rsat by its EX socket
There is a diagram showing 2 rsats connected by their EX sockets.

I can't work out from the instructions what the differences are. I think that the 2xPPM plus the EX cable is to allow telemetry data to come from the CB to the rsat through the EX cable to be sent back to the Tx, because the PPM output from the rsat won't accept data coming inwards.
But if you can connect both rsats by their EX sockets in the first place, why connect them by their PPM sockets and then have to connect one EX socket as well?

What is the difference between the PPM and EX sockets on the rsats and why would you choose one over the other to connect to the CB?
Old 05-23-2014, 12:43 PM
tucson

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am in the process of adding another servo lead minus the signal wire between the cortex bind plug and one of the ext ports on my cb 200.

Does it matter which way the plug goes into the cortex bind plug or can it go in either direction?

Thanks,

Stan
Old 05-23-2014, 12:48 PM
siclick33

The plug needs to go the correct way round in the Cortex. Keep everything away from the signal pin as if that gets grounded then the Cortex goes into setup mode.
Old 05-23-2014, 01:00 PM
tucson

Originally Posted by siclick33
The plug needs to go the correct way round in the Cortex. Keep everything away from the signal pin as if that gets grounded then the Cortex goes into setup mode.
I don't quite follow your answer. I am referring to the servo lead minus the signal wire that I will be plugging into the Cortex from the CB 200 ext 14 or 15. When I plug that end into the Cortex bind plug does it have to go in a certain way or is either direction okay?
This will give me 3 heavy duty wires providing power to the 5 servos.
Old 05-23-2014, 01:24 PM
siclick33

The lead with just a positive and ground wire from the CB200 has to be plugged in the correct way round in the Cortex bind plug for it to work (in the same way that you would have to plug a battery the correct way round into a standard RX for it to work).

Plug it in so that the power and ground wires are the same way round as the power and ground wires in input A.

I know that this will provide power to the Cortex but don't know bavarianDEMON's thoughts on doing this.
Old 05-23-2014, 02:49 PM
tucson

Originally Posted by siclick33
The lead with just a positive and ground wire from the CB200 has to be plugged in the correct way round in the Cortex bind plug for it to work (in the same way that you would have to plug a battery the correct way round into a standard RX for it to work).

Plug it in so that the power and ground wires are the same way round as the power and ground wires in input A.

I know that this will provide power to the Cortex but don't know bavarianDEMON's thoughts on doing this.
Thanks, I will follow how the wires in input A are plugged into the Cortex.. I wanted to be sure of the direction.
Old 05-23-2014, 03:18 PM
LA jetguy

Usually in all devices the ground (-) is on the outside wall... Follow the CB200 all the brown wires are on the outside... Same way with cortex.... Just make sure the pin from CB200 you will use has "servo output". Not telemetry ... Not sure if telemetry has the power your are looking for..
Old 05-23-2014, 04:49 PM
tucson

Usually in all devices the ground (-) is on the outside wall... Follow the CB200 all the brown wires are on the outside... Same way with cortex.... Just make sure the pin from CB200 you will use has "servo output". Not telemetry ... Not sure if telemetry has the power your are looking for..
I recognize that about the ground wire. Being that i was dealing with the bind plug on the cortex that made me unsure.

On your cb 200 with a cortex using the additional wire where did you plug yours?

I believe it was goose in an earlier post said to plug it into the ext 14 or 15 port of the CB 200.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:23 PM
gooseF22

Originally Posted by tucson
I am in the process of adding another servo lead minus the signal wire between the cortex bind plug and one of the ext ports on my cb 200.

Does it matter which way the plug goes into the cortex bind plug or can it go in either direction?

Thanks,

Stan
Yes it matters.. the signal wire is inboard, the ground is outboard
Old 05-23-2014, 08:24 PM
gooseF22

Originally Posted by tucson
I recognize that about the ground wire. Being that i was dealing with the bind plug on the cortex that made me unsure.

On your cb 200 with a cortex using the additional wire where did you plug yours?

I believe it was goose in an earlier post said to plug it into the ext 14 or 15 port of the CB 200.
Yes, use an EXT port or an open servo port
Old 05-23-2014, 08:26 PM
gooseF22

Originally Posted by HarryC
I have been reading the CB200 instructions. Please help me to understand the connection to rsats!

There is a diagram showing 2 rsats connected by their PPM sockets.
There is a diagram showing 2 rsats connected by their PPM sockets plus an additional cable connecting one rsat by its EX socket
There is a diagram showing 2 rsats connected by their EX sockets.

I can't work out from the instructions what the differences are. I think that the 2xPPM plus the EX cable is to allow telemetry data to come from the CB to the rsat through the EX cable to be sent back to the Tx, because the PPM output from the rsat won't accept data coming inwards.
But if you can connect both rsats by their EX sockets in the first place, why connect them by their PPM sockets and then have to connect one EX socket as well?

What is the difference between the PPM and EX sockets on the rsats and why would you choose one over the other to connect to the CB?
Cbox uses the EXT to Sat ports.. ignore the other diagram..EX is bi directional.. there will only be one wire from each receiver to the Cbox
Old 05-23-2014, 08:29 PM
tucson

Originally Posted by gooseF22
Yes, use an EXT port or an open servo port
Thanks Goose
Old 05-24-2014, 05:09 PM
Snowflake6515

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I normally hang on the RCGroups forum, but had a problem with delay and even some activation of flaps using JUST butterfly (attempting to have only one source for delay). Did a Google search and your post popped up; recognize you from RCGroups.

Would you be so kind as to elaborate on your findings for +Delay- as I seem to be struggling with that, as well. Perhaps if I can use your solution, then I can go back to flaps controlled by a "flap" switch and do my butterfly / elevator compensation using butterfly menu.

Thanks.

Michael
Thanks to Danny (at Esprit) I got my gyro working using the "Flight mode Trims". Also discovered how the +Delay- in the Butterfly mode works and got my ailerons and elevators move at the same speed as the flaps move down... What a smart transmitter... I'm liking it more and learn more every time I use it... I will have a whole bunch of JR and Spektrum DSMX receivers for sale.. Very soon......
Old 05-24-2014, 06:30 PM
LA jetguy

Hi Michael.. It is important the switch you use for the butterfly function is setup correctly... each position of the switch could have a delay associated with it... the delay (servo speed) set in servo setup could overlap with the delay in the butterfly mode. The way I use the butter fly mode is to have elevator adjustment based on the same delay (servo speed) as the flap so when the flaps are executed the elevator adjustment is at the same speed as the flaps coming down (to avoid sudden pitch change)...

The same concept is used for crow activation.. the delay in the butterfly mode slows aileron movement so they will be at the same speed as the flap deployment.. Keep in mind each position of the butterfly mode (when in S Separate mode) can have a delay associate with it.

Hope that helps.. if you like PM and i can contact you to explain better... it works perfectly...

David
Old 05-25-2014, 12:10 AM
mort78

A couple of questions if I may.....

Firstly, I recently updated my TX to 3.00 Firmware. Am I required to update the RX's to 3.20? If I go into the device explorer, it says and recommends that you update to 3.20.
Is this a must do update? ie: Will the plane happily fly around on older software?

Secondly, I have the RX antenna signal displayed on my telemetry. I have selected the double display so I get all four antenna signals shown. Why is it, when I unplug 1 RX, they all go to zero, yet the plane is still powered and controllable? Shouldn't 2 of the 4 antenna still show they are powered?
Many thanks,
Morten
Old 05-25-2014, 12:35 AM
LA jetguy

Morten.. The latest version RX is 3.22.... Upgrade to that version and re check... The telemetry info for the RX which is disconnected will be 0 while the other receiver info is still displayed...
Old 05-25-2014, 10:13 AM
Snowflake6515

Makes sense, David. My mistake was trying to have flaps controlled solely by the butterfly system; your scheme makes so much more sense. Just got back from flying, so will reprogram and test, tomorrow.

Thanks.
Michael
Old 05-25-2014, 06:07 PM
mort78

Morten.. The latest version RX is 3.22.... Upgrade to that version and re check... The telemetry info for the RX which is disconnected will be 0 while the other receiver info is still displayed...

Hi LA Jetguy, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, it doesn't answer my question though

I was just asking whether you MUST update your RX's after doing a TX Update. The RX's aren't supplied with the USB updater. So my initial thoughts would be that you could happily fly around with older firmware in the RX's. If it's a must do item, then I'm highly surprised that you need to buy the USB device seperate. But if the TX has features that the RX's can't do, due to having older firmware, then you are stuck with limited options. All good.

Secondly, I have updated my other R3's which I have plugged into the CB200. But again, if I remove 1 RX, the display shows ALL rx's have been disconnected. But the model continues to operate, clearly showing that the second Rx has taken over. This is a fault in the system.
Many thanks,
Morten

P.S: Perhaps Goose or Jim might have come across these problems, as they seem to test all different combinations.
Old 05-25-2014, 09:39 PM
LA jetguy

Morten.... It's always best to update your receivers to the latest firmware the same way as you said you updated your R3's.... To the best of my knowledge you CAN run version 3.0 TX with version 3.11 RX... You just don't have the new functionality version 3.22 provides in the receivers...

As for the display of antenna when you remove one RX... See post 908 and 909 here a few pages back... Goose confirmed my question that under TX 3.0 and RX 3.22 when one RX is removed the info for the other RX is retained on the TX screen...

Hope that helps...
Old 05-27-2014, 02:18 AM
mort78

Hi guys... the reason I was asking the questions about the firmware update is because I lost my Yak54 the day before yesterday.

I had carried out some flights earlier on in the day, with no trouble. On my next flight, I got airborne and as I rolled inverted, I lost all control of the plane. The controls remained in their current position and the aircraft went in.
I got no signal loss warning on the DS16.

After grabbing the aircraft from the bush, the electronics were all unscathed. Everything was connected as it should. I took it back to the flightline to try and diagnose the problem, but I couldn't find anything wrong at all.
I have the aircraft set up using dual batteries, fed directly to the CB200. I have 2x R7 receivers connected to the CB200. I have since taken all the gear out of the plane, as there was too much damage to the fuse/wings/rudder etc to fix,, but I have tried getting it to fail again, but all appears normal.

One thing I did notice that day. I have used the teacher/student mode before without any dramas. On the day of the accident, I couldn't get the teacher/student mode to work at all. My friends DS16 wouldn't chat with mine.
I gave up after a while and reselected the dual path. Then the accident happened. Coincidence? But the problem now is..... i'm really worried about this happening again. We all spend a lot of time and money building these planes and one of the main reasons I bought the Jeti system is for the reliability of the 4 antenna's. But this proved to be no safer in this instance than my old JR 9X. My friend who was flying his F22 on the same system, similar setup (dual batteries/rx's) refused to fly it until we could work out what was wrong.

When I turn my system on, everything works normally. If I go into the device explorer and select any of the RX's, it tells me to update to 3.20 firmware. I currently have 3.14 in the RX's and 3.00 in the TX. So again, was this incident because of the 2 RX's not having the latest firmware?? It's quite worrying. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated. I have contacted Jeti, but I haven't received a reply as of yet.
Fly safe,
Mort

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.