Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 09:34 PM
Jannica

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I have used Futaba, Graupner and Graupner/Weatronic combination in the past. Since 2 years I am all in for Jeti. DC-16 is the best radio ever and even though I have to do all the programming in an foreign language I find it easy and straight forward. I am sorry to hear that you don´t like it.

Jannica in Sweden
Old 10-22-2015, 01:17 AM
Pepperpete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vertical grimmace
I have mine up for sale right now as well. Great seems to be in the eye of the beholder. Does not seem to be too popular though, as no one has bid on it yet. I will chalk this up to one of the bigger mistakes I have made in this hobby and eat it I suppose.
I'm almost in the same boat about selling. I'm not a rocket scientist but I'm also not uneducated in radio setup. The radio is absolutely functional, built extremely well and can do everything + more than most other brands. I can't deny that at all! But Is it intuitive and easy to use for the average user? Good God No! It feels like a major step backwards in setup. The manual is terrible and since not many people seem to have this radio, finding specific youtube video's on the more advanced operation often doesn't work. Huge kudo's to this thread for offering such amazing help. Without this thread I would have sold it already.

In this day and age of leaps in usability from the other radio brands, it's very far behind the competition. It also lacks some serious Quad Copter setup (Head Tracking etc) without having to jump through very stupid hoops or dropping even more money on a new receiver just to make it work (you've gotta be kidding me). I think it's a beautiful radio and if you put enough time and money into it, it will do everything you want it to do. The more complicated tasks that are made so simple by the other manufacturers have soured my view on it. I do still like the radio but I think I made a mistake. Especially at this price.

Last edited by Pepperpete; 10-22-2015 at 01:51 AM.
Old 10-22-2015, 01:43 AM
jcterrettaz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I never like the look + maybe a super radio , almost all the glider pilots in Ottawa ( Canada) and few jet pilots jump and bought Jeti.
But for me I will never regret to stay with JR : XG 14 for glider and 28X for the rest . Im still waiting for a new sensor for fuel for turbine . I never feel so connected to my planes .
Old 10-22-2015, 02:27 AM
HarryC

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Pepperpete
The more complicated tasks that are made so simple by the other manufacturers have soured my view on it.
Can you give examples?
Old 10-22-2015, 05:57 AM
Jeti USA

In this day and age of leaps in usability from the other radio brands, it's very far behind the competition. It also lacks some serious Quad Copter setup (Head Tracking etc) without having to jump through very stupid hoops or dropping even more money on a new receiver just to make it work (you've gotta be kidding me).
Sorry but this is just pure bul..... you do not need to get any new receivers, radio will give you all 16 channel PPM out (By the way much more than any other system) just simply plug connector to the port on the RF board.

Also this is the only radio system that you have wirelesly programmable receivers and multi protocol system (PPM pos., PPM neg, UDI, Ex Bus, S.Bus + ALL Servos as well) all from single receiver.

Zb/Jeti USA

http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-dupl...telemetry.aspx

Port Configurations (Rx Firmware 3.20):
Standard: 1-16, 18 Servo, 17 Servo, Satellite In/Out, 18 Satellite In, Ext Telemetry/USB Programming
PPM/Servo: 1-16, 18 Servo, 17 PPM, Ext Telemetry/USB Programming
EX Bus/Servo: 1-16, 18 Servo, 17 Servo, Satellite In/Out, 18 Satellite In, Ext EX Bus/USB Programming
UDI/Servo: 1-16, 18 Servo, 17 UDI, Ext Telemetry/USB Programming

Old 10-22-2015, 06:25 AM
Jeti USA

I'm almost in the same boat about selling. I'm not a rocket scientist but I'm also not uneducated in radio setup. The radio is absolutely functional, built extremely well and can do everything + more than most other brands. I can't deny that at all! But Is it intuitive and easy to use for the average user? Good God No! It feels like a major step backwards in setup. The manual is terrible and since not many people seem to have this radio, finding specific youtube video's on the more advanced operation often doesn't work. Huge kudo's to this thread for offering such amazing help. Without this thread I would have sold it already.
Another one that i have to call bul......, and by the way you are offending tons of hard working people who keep supporting and expanding all our options.

I can 100% confirm that Jeti radio system has the best support from any other major manufacturers.
What other company you can call and ask question directly? We all fly Jeti, we all know and support Jeti.

Zb/Jeti USA

Jeti Factory Forum:
http://www.rcgroups.com/jeti-usa-794/

Jeti Support Forum:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1693301

No Videos?
http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-video.aspx

[h=2]Radio System:[/h] [h=2]VideoScreen Contrast & Telemetry
[/h]

[h=2]VideoBasic & User Menu Edit
[/h]

[h=2]VideoServo Monitor
[/h]

[h=2]VideoConfiguration & Screenshots
[/h]

[h=2]VideoRange & Servo Test
[/h]

[h=2]VideoStick/Switch View and Calibration
[/h]

[h=2]VideoSystem Sound & Volume
[/h]

[h=2]VideoSound on Events & Proportional Controls
[/h]

[h=2]VideoDual Path Setup (Receiver Redundancy)
[/h]
Old 10-22-2015, 07:19 AM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gooseF22
Hmm... Interesting.... Its working very well for me and several others too... moved over from a DX18/12/8 2 years ago.

Be patient, guys will buy it.. I told a couple guys in my club..
I love mine, bought in April, have converted all my jets to it. Coming from DX-18G2, the props will be converted this winter.

there are a number of things that I have been able to improve upon in the set up of the jets with the Jeti vs the Dx-18. I also love the telemetry, on board fuel monitor and alarms, two way communication on start up allowing replacement of the GSU. It's awesome!

Mike
Old 10-22-2015, 08:11 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

"Pete" you seem to have a "Love,Hate" affair with your Jeti. Like any new system with the Jeti's capabilities you might stumble occasionally, But spend some time with it and you'll soon fall completely in love with it's capabilities. I help many different people with the radios, NONE of the latest generation radios are perfect. If you compare a DS-16 to any of the high systems it is far more capable and the others pale in comparison when it comes to telemetry capability!
Old 10-22-2015, 05:04 PM
Pepperpete

Angry

Originally Posted by Jeti USA
Sorry but this is just pure bul..... you do not need to get any new receivers, radio will give you all 16 channel PPM out (By the way much more than any other system) just simply plug connector to the port on the RF board.

Also this is the only radio system that you have wirelesly programmable receivers and multi protocol system (PPM pos., PPM neg, UDI, Ex Bus, S.Bus + ALL Servos as well) all from single receiver.

Zb/Jeti USA

http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-dupl...telemetry.aspx

Port Configurations (Rx Firmware 3.20):
Standard: 1-16, 18 Servo, 17 Servo, Satellite In/Out, 18 Satellite In, Ext Telemetry/USB Programming
PPM/Servo: 1-16, 18 Servo, 17 PPM, Ext Telemetry/USB Programming
EX Bus/Servo: 1-16, 18 Servo, 17 Servo, Satellite In/Out, 18 Satellite In, Ext EX Bus/USB Programming
UDI/Servo: 1-16, 18 Servo, 17 UDI, Ext Telemetry/USB Programming

And here comes the other reason. Your high horse attitude Jeti Usa isn't helping. I am offering my opinion about your product. I have paid the price for it and it's within my rights. It is not BS if your customers feel a certain way. I asked you for help multiple times Jeti USA and your only response was "get the cable" which I did!

I BOUGHT THE CABLE THAT IS NOT AUTHORIZED FOR USE IN CANADA. I HAD TO TRACK IT DOWN VIA A LOW PROVIDER BECAUSE ESPIRIT WOULDN'T SELL IT TO ME BECAUSE ITS ILLEGAL IN MY AREA. I DRILLED A HOLE INTO MY $1400 RADIO SHELL TO INSTALL A PORT THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE. AND I ASKED YOU AND ESPIRIT TO HELP ME SET UP THE HEAD TRACKER. BOTH OF YOU COULDN'T PROVIDE INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO GET IT WORKING. PROVE ME WRONG!

I asked multiple times to the JETI GODS and nobody knows how to make it work with the PPM cable. Futaba, Spektrum, JR, Taranis, etc etc all have it working in less than two minutes. You linked to 5 video's on topics that I don't need instruction on. Show me Multiple Control Surfaces with Special Mixes. Or advanced programming! Show me those video's!

You claim this is the greatest radio in the world. SO WALK ME THROUGH SUCH A SIMPLE THING! And the next time you tell someone they are spouting BS, try to remember that the people like me who spent close to 2k on your radio system are the ones keeping you in business. I already said it's a great radio. It really is. But you guys think you are gods gift to the RC industry and your acting like it. When your customers express an opinion, maybe you should treat them with a little respect.

Last edited by Pepperpete; 10-22-2015 at 05:44 PM.
Old 10-22-2015, 05:14 PM
vertical grimmace

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by felker14
Mistake how? What will it not do that your current radio can do? I'm debating move from Futaba.
I have a DS 14. I cannot get any of my upgrades to stick to my TX to actually upgrade my radio. After 2 conversations on the phone with Esprit, there is no resolution to this problem. I will not pay for items I do not receive. Not to mention, the very first and only flight I had with this new radio resulted in a complete loss of control and a crash. Not being able to get support to solve these problems and a radio that crashed my plane (and no it was not battery, now that I have tested everything) I do not trust the system. I do not have time to spend hours chasing these silly issues. I want a radio that works and is user friendly. This system is not for me. After spending over 1K dollars on this system, I expected a lot more. Have fun with yours. I am taking a loss just trying to get rid of it.
Old 10-22-2015, 05:23 PM
Pepperpete

Double Post

Last edited by Pepperpete; 10-22-2015 at 05:28 PM.
Old 10-22-2015, 05:26 PM
Pepperpete

Originally Posted by Bob_B
"Pete" you seem to have a "Love,Hate" affair with your Jeti. Like any new system with the Jeti's capabilities you might stumble occasionally, But spend some time with it and you'll soon fall completely in love with it's capabilities. I help many different people with the radios, NONE of the latest generation radios are perfect. If you compare a DS-16 to any of the high systems it is far more capable and the others pale in comparison when it comes to telemetry capability!
Bob I completely agree. The telemetry was the entire reason I bought the radio. As I've said it's a fantastic piece of kit but I'm getting pretty tired of listening to Jeti claim it's the greatest radio of all time. I have specific issues that they simply can't or won't help me with. Just look through this thread and see that I am far from alone.

I'm absolutely open to being helped! The amount of money I spent on this radio only to have it missing features (again prove me wrong) is amazing to me. Our club here in Kelowna would never go Jeti because many of them fly quads and drones now to go along with their turbine jets. Jeti themselves can't seem to walk anyone through how to make it work. Can it do it? Probably. But if the people who build the thing can't figure out how to make it work, then how does that help us? They had some kind of jerry rigged solution but it involves buying a hundred dollar receiver and a bunch of other silly protocols. Haven't we spent enough already? Why am I having to jump through hoops just to use such a basic and simple thing. The only reason why this isn't listed in the classifieds is because I trust and love the signal quality and reliability. I never said it was a bad radio. But this is getting idiotic.

Last edited by Pepperpete; 10-22-2015 at 05:36 PM.
Old 10-22-2015, 05:34 PM
Bob_B

Pete if you need help with crow or multi servos or any issue lets talk.
Bob
Old 10-22-2015, 05:41 PM
Pepperpete

Originally Posted by Bob_B
Pete if you need help with crow or multi servos or any issue lets talk.
Bob
Thanks Bob. As I mentioned before...Kudo's to this thread and the helpfulness of the board members on here. By far the users here have been instrumental in the learning process. But it doesn't change the other issues that have been brought up. When you see multiple people indicating they are selling their gear because of ABC problems, and Jeti's only response is to say we are all spouting off BS, it's a pretty poor representation of "service" imo.
Old 10-22-2015, 06:35 PM
mort78

Originally Posted by gooseF22
Leon, can you describe how you have the PBs feeding into the CB200? I just want to make sure based on someone else's issue a year or so ago. What batteries, what connectors..thanks... dave

Hi Dave,
Leon and I fly together. We both have the Jeti. He was also there when my Yak went down that time, where it turned out I had the power wrongly connected to my CB200.
I can confirm we both now ALWAYS connect the CB200 via the 2 connectors directly (MPX). So in Leon's case, he has the 2 PB Baselog outputs plugged into the CB200.
Cheers,
Mort
Old 10-23-2015, 06:17 AM
Jeti USA

I'm absolutely open to being helped! The amount of money I spent on this radio only to have it missing features (again prove me wrong) is amazing to me. Our club here in Kelowna would never go Jeti because many of them fly quads and drones now to go along with their turbine jets. Jeti themselves can't seem to walk anyone through how to make it work. Can it do it? Probably. But if the people who build the thing can't figure out how to make it work, then how does that help us? They had some kind of jerry rigged solution but it involves buying a hundred dollar receiver and a bunch of other silly protocols. Haven't we spent enough already? Why am I having to jump through hoops just to use such a basic and simple thing. The only reason why this isn't listed in the classifieds is because I trust and love the signal quality and reliability. I never said it was a bad radio. But this is getting idiotic.
Are you sure? We have many people flying Multi-Rotors? You have to be willing listen and learn.

Zb/Jeti USA

Take a look at this submission from our customer Nick. What a beautiful KDS Agile 5.5 operating on an equally beautiful Jeti DS-14! And take a look at those quads!

http://blog.espritmodel.com/

Old 10-23-2015, 07:46 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

In this day and age of leaps in usability from the other radio brands, it's very far behind the competition. It also lacks some serious Quad Copter setup (Head Tracking etc) without having to jump through very stupid hoops or dropping even more money on a new receiver just to make it work (you've gotta be kidding me). I think it's a beautiful radio and if you put enough time and money into it, it will do everything you want it to do. The more complicated tasks that are made so simple by the other manufacturers have soured my view on it. I do still like the radio but I think I made a mistake. Especially at this price.
I have to respectfully disagree with much of this. I know you had issues getting head tracking to work but the only reason there was an issue was that Jeti doesn't bring a wired trainer jack to the outside of the case to plug it into. Once you can connect the head tracker to the trainer interface there really isn't any problem. As for being a negative that Jeti offered a free, specialized version of software for the R3 receiver to allow it to act as a wireless trainer interface, so non Jeti transmitters could act as student boxes or to connect a head tracker, I personally see this as Jeti responding to customer needs and offering a creative solution, not as a problem. I suspect if they offered a dedicated solution for the same price as an R3, people would simply have bought it without a second thought so I really don't see an issue with Jeti providing a solution that allows you to use a receiver that you may already own..

As far as it not being intuitive for the average user or being far behind other brands in usability, I'm no rocket scientist either but I never had the slightest issue configuring my DS16 to solve the most complex configuration issues. I can't say that for the JR and Spektrum equipment that I switched from. Not to say that Spektrum Airware isn't very nice, it is, it's simply not as versatile for the problems I wanted to solve as my DS16. As for the software in my JR12X, well it just sucked and I can't say I like the latest JR software any better. While my DX18 did make some things very simple, other things that the designer hadn't foreseen simply couldn't be done or were incredibly difficult to accomplish. I personally consider usability from the perspective on an RC transmitter to be it's ability to provide the tools to solve any configuration issue I may encounter rather than making any one particular task extremely simple, usually at the cost of flexibility. You can add all the fancy color touch screens you want but even if it's really simple to setup up, if it can't solve the problems I need to solve, it just isn't all that usable as far as I'm concerned..

I personally wanted a transmitter that would provide me with the tools to solve highly complex configuration issues for complex aircraft with excellent telemetry support. I've never had the slightest problem achieving those goals with my Jeti. I've also never had the slightest problem with creating setups on my DX18 or my JR 12X or any of the other radios that my friends have asked me to help them configure but having at least some minimal exposure to pretty much every high end transmitter out there, I wouldn't trade any of them for my DS16. The fact that it cost 1/2 as much as some of them doesn't hurt either..

The simple truth is that there is no perfect solution for everyone and it sounds like the Jeti isn't a great solution for your needs. Your needs are your needs and if another transmitter suits those needs better than that is what you should use but that doesn't mean here is anything wrong with the Jeti or that it isn't far ahead of many other radios in many ways. It all depends on what you want from a transmitter and what features are most important to you.

Last edited by wfield0455; 10-23-2015 at 11:17 AM.
Old 10-23-2015, 07:52 AM
bluelevel
My Feedback: (39)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeti USA
... You have to be willing listen and learn ...

Zb/Jeti USA
Zeeb,

it seems as if you are not willing to listen what people are trying to say. Your way of confronting people isn't very friendly, you often come across arrogant and hostile. These are your customers who spent a whole lot of money for a radio that needs some time to get used to as there is never an easy way of programming complex functions. It is also impossible to build a "swiss army knife" type of radio that suits all types of models perfectly and you should acknowledge that instead of marking it down as BS right away.

I know that english is not your native language, but it also isn't mine or several other board users' primary language and still they get along quite well.

Thomas
Old 10-23-2015, 09:51 AM
Ray Millington

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi All,
can you please help a Jeti novice,
I have a 16 DS,
Is there any way i can view the flight details of my Xcaliber flight,
for example was there any signal loss during my last flight,
Does the system overwrite the previous flights e c t.
How far back can you check.
regards Ray.
Old 10-23-2015, 09:51 AM
Jeti USA

Because it is offensive how some guys talk to us. There are many, many guys who tried to explain, help, offer all kinds of support (we offer to program they models, spend countless hours on the phone) and this is what we get in return.

Remember we are not "faceless corporation" they are real people you are talking about.

We have the best Radio Support out there, we have Manuals, Videos, .....
Show me one company you can call 7 days a week and get a real person who actually uses/flies radio?

http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-video.aspx

Zb/Jeti USA

Last edited by Jeti USA; 10-23-2015 at 09:54 AM.
Old 10-23-2015, 09:52 AM
Jeti USA

Originally Posted by Ray Millington
Hi All,
I have a 16 DS,
regards Ray.
You can create as many Log files as you like, just setup your time and data.

Here is Data Logging Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j4_6Q_mKSA
Old 10-23-2015, 10:13 AM
Bob_B

Originally Posted by Ray Millington
Hi All,
I have a 16 DS,
regards Ray.
Ray if you have any question I can help with call me.
Bob
Old 10-23-2015, 10:22 AM
Ray Millington

Hi All,
Thank you Jeti USA,your video is great,
Can you please tell me how i can view the logged telemetry data.
regards Ray.
Old 10-23-2015, 10:30 AM
Ray Millington

Hello Bob,
Thank you for your response,
I had already posted my latest post when i received your post,
I need to view my logged data as i think i may have had some issues when flying my Xcaliber?
regards Ray.
Old 10-23-2015, 10:48 AM
Bob_B

To view any logged data got to the Data Analyzer (page 125 in the manual) it is well explained.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.