Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Hacker Ditex servos.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Hacker Ditex servos.

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 06:27 AM
David Gladwin

Received 143 Likes on 92 Posts
Default Hacker Ditex servos.

Does anyone have any experience with these servos?
Old 06-04-2018, 08:54 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

I do........got them in one F3A Plane and one jets 100% plus a few more jets on Steering...
Old 06-04-2018, 11:13 PM
Henke Torphammar

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I ordered two to use in my Vasa Fusion. I really like the feature to log servo force. I simply have no clue how much power the servo uses when flying. I only know we add servos capable of 40kg, but I never knew how much of that is really used.

I have a big 3.3meter Extra 300 flying on only 5 servos in total, it does well I must say.... it's laid out for 13 servos though....
Old 06-08-2018, 01:01 AM
David Gladwin

Henke, Thank you for you comment. I ordered one to review for RCJI and I must say I am VERY impressed by this device and the supporting software. As far as I know no other servo has such capability, totally unique.

As you know they are not cheap but are beautifully made with the most superb progammability.

Thanks again.
Old 06-08-2018, 03:03 AM
siclick33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And full telemetry if used with Jeti!
Old 06-08-2018, 03:24 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by David Gladwin
Henke, Thank you for you comment. I ordered one to review for RCJI and I must say I am VERY impressed by this device and the supporting software. As far as I know no other servo has such capability, totally unique.

As you know they are not cheap but are beautifully made with the most superb progammability.

Thanks again.
Playing with one servo should make you a real expert on them in no time at all..... LOL

The price point is very much comparable to my MKS and Futaba ect.....
Old 06-08-2018, 04:09 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/11637179-hacker-ditex-servo-review.html
Old 06-08-2018, 09:18 AM
David Gladwin

Originally Posted by Dansy

Playing with one servo should make you a real expert on them in no time at all..... LOL

The price point is very much comparable to my MKS and Futaba ect.....

Well. they are all programmable in the same way, so having one plus the software gives a pretty damn good insight into how they work and what they can do.

I will be ordering more, now that I have tried one, but exploring the first one has given me enough insight to write a fairly detailed article and inform our readers of at least the basics plus a bit more. Perhaps you could enhance it !

Perhaps you did not know that after programming one, you can save the settings and download it to other servos so you don’t need more than one to gain an insight into their operation.

I, for one, knew nothing about them until I received my first example.

If I need any more help I guess you are the one to contact, well maybe not!

Last edited by David Gladwin; 06-08-2018 at 09:28 AM.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:57 AM
ZB

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

This things are awesome, literally install the way you like and adjust whatever geometry you want.

Zb/Jeti USA

Esprit Tech/Model 1.321.729.4287

Old 06-08-2018, 10:37 AM
David Gladwin

Yes, I agree,

I think this servo redefines upmarket servos, even brilliant devices such as the JR 8931 , I have 10 of these servos, they are superb but the the Ditex is, zi beloeve, leader of the pack. I will be buying more of them.
Pathetic that people like “ Dansy “ has to take an objective discussion downhill, why on earth can,t we have an intelligent discussion without some muppet taking it south ?

Last edited by David Gladwin; 06-08-2018 at 01:19 PM.
Old 06-08-2018, 10:37 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Do these support SBus?
Old 06-08-2018, 11:10 AM
Air Works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mr_matt
Do these support SBus?
I cannot see any reference to SBus or any other protocols other than they use SPI (Serial Peripheral Interface) which is most likely used for the telemetry. Here is the link to the software manager Anleitung-zur-Software-DITEX_Manager_EN.pdf
Old 06-08-2018, 11:28 AM
Henke Torphammar

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I did not bother to ask about price. Just ordered two :-)
Old 06-08-2018, 02:33 PM
Art ARRO
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

David,
Recommend that you read the review of the Hacker Ditex servos by Paul Vogle, found on the RC Pattern Flying thread in the RC Pattern forum. The review is about 4 pages deep in the RC Pattern Flying thread. Pattern fliers are very particular about their servos, probably even more than us jet guys. I recall many years ago that the pattern fliers used to sleep with their servos under their pillows, LOL. Even today most of them build with a gram scale to measure weight of everything in the models. Looking forward to reading your review in RCJI.
Regards,
Art ARRO
Old 06-08-2018, 05:32 PM
digitech

Originally Posted by Henke Torphammar
I did not bother to ask about price. Just ordered two :-)
you ordered them at the wrong place ;-}
Old 06-08-2018, 05:35 PM
digitech

Originally Posted by siclick33
And full telemetry if used with Jeti!
not yet with all of them

no support yet for assist or powerbox .
telemetric works fine on all REX receivers.
David can use these expert tips for the magazine..
Old 06-08-2018, 11:16 PM
David Gladwin

Originally Posted by Art ARRO
David,
Recommend that you read the review of the Hacker Ditex servos by Paul Vogle, found on the RC Pattern Flying thread in the RC Pattern forum. The review is about 4 pages deep in the RC Pattern Flying thread. Pattern fliers are very particular about their servos, probably even more than us jet guys. I recall many years ago that the pattern fliers used to sleep with their servos under their pillows, LOL. Even today most of them build with a gram scale to measure weight of everything in the models. Looking forward to reading your review in RCJI.
Regards,
Art ARRO

Thanks Art, yes I have read it, very interesting indeed,
I did not read it until after I had spent a few hours exploring the device and the software, it certainly endorsed my initial opinions of this device as a game changer.

My review won’t be as extensive as Paul,s, I don’t have the equipment, it will be more of a practical nature to show the readers the capability and benefits to jet ops. of these devices, which have really impressed me. I always prefer empirical data ( just as I obtained with patch antennae using a Weatronics receiver with one patch and one whip and comparing logged RSSI and LQI numbers on the Wea system) rather than off the cuff opinions and I will be making some measurements for the article.

I am not Jeti owner ( but would have changed if the Core was not about to arrive) but when my Core arrives I may be able to explore telemetry further.

The ONLY thing this servo lacks, so far as I can see, is the ability to adjust intermediate positions between neutral and end to obtain exact matching of hard ganged servos at all points, as is possible with Weatronics software, which after 1000 turbine flights in 10 different models, I still consider a brilliant system. Perhaps software might allow that in future.

What really surprised me was that, although I am normally well informed on the latest rc developments I had not heard of these servos until mentioned by Stephan Volker in RCJI and, as far as I recall, there has been no mention of them on the jet forums or any mention at jet meetings. We can now spread the word via RCJI and the editor has approved that. Win/win!

Hugely impressed.

Last edited by David Gladwin; 06-09-2018 at 01:09 AM.
Old 06-08-2018, 11:47 PM
paulhat

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Just reading up on these servos..
Apparently they emit various tones when alarm thresholds are met.. over current, under voltage etc.. How cool is that !!
Old 06-09-2018, 01:36 AM
digitech

Thanks Art, yes I have read it, very interesting indeed,
I did not read it until after I had spent a few hours exploring the device and the software, it certainly endorsed my initial opinions of this device as a game changer.

My review won’t be as extensive as Paul,s, I don’t have the equipment, it will be more of a practical nature to show the readers the capability and benefits to jet ops. of these devices, which have really impressed me. I always prefer empirical data ( just as I obtained with patch antennae using a Weatronics receiver with one patch and one whip and comparing logged RSSI and LQI numbers on the Wea system) rather than off the cuff opinions and I will be making some measurements for the article.

I am not Jeti owner ( but would have changed if the Core was not about to arrive) but when my Core arrives I may be able to explore telemetry further.

The ONLY thing this servo lacks, so far as I can see, is the ability to adjust intermediate positions between neutral and end to obtain exact matching of hard ganged servos at all points, as is possible with Weatronics software, which after 1000 turbine flights in 10 different models, I still consider a brilliant system. Perhaps software might allow that in future.

What really surprised me was that, although I am normally well informed on the latest rc developments I had not heard of these servos until mentioned by Stephan Volker in RCJI and, as far as I recall, there has been no mention of them on the jet forums or any mention at jet meetings. We can now spread the word via RCJI and the editor has approved that. Win/win!

Hugely impressed.

so maybe its more readable if you take pauls article and print that. Instead of tour opinion in using one servo and telling only 5% of what it can do.

as for servo gang , you clearly have no idea why Jeti has these embedded in the firmware/menu of the transmitters.
its called balancing..
but hey who are we ,simple users that clearly read before we speak.
Old 06-09-2018, 02:25 AM
David Gladwin

No I have no idea of what Jeti txs can do, as I said, perhaps you had missed, I am NOT. A Jeti owner, and these servos have a lot of application to other radios. It is working perfectly on my 28x and Weatronics receivers. The intermediate points could be set on the 28x too by adjusting the output curve, but I suggested it would be useful to have it, like all the other parameters, in the servo.

Having explored EVERY aspect of this one servo, except telemetry, as set out in the manual, I am at a loss to know why you suggest I have gained only 5% of the capability. What have I missed and what aspects are missing in the manual which perhaps only you know about .

My article will not be aimed at people like you it will be for those who have no knowledge of them as in my case, before Stephen,s article.

You have completely and utterly missed the point. and yes I did read the manual word for word, and tried every aspect before writing here.

I did not know about Paul’s article until I was directed to it, but it did reinforce my impressions.

I’ll leave it at that and leave you to continue your pernicious and pointless sniping.

Last edited by David Gladwin; 06-09-2018 at 02:42 AM.
Old 06-09-2018, 02:49 AM
c_makhija

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am sure these will be top end servos, being a long time JR 8911 user, would like to know more about the tight gear, and play around neutral on the servos.

Can someone tell me the difference between the 2612P and 2612S servos, same specs different price.

Chatty.
Old 06-09-2018, 03:39 AM
David Gladwin

Originally Posted by c_makhija
I am sure these will be top end servos, being a long time JR 8911 user, would like to know more about the tight gear, and play around neutral on the servos.

Can someone tell me the difference between the 2612P and 2612S servos, same specs different price.

Chatty.
yes Chatty, I wondered that too as I have the S which is 30 Euros more.

The S spec. Includes a frequency50 to 330 Hz but tbe P does not. Other than that they appear identical.

Except that there is a note on the first line of the Hacker spec. to say that the transmission platform and housing of the S is milled from solid in one piece improving holding force. There is nothing about that on the P spec.

Initial assesment is is that the gears and neutrals are the best I have encountered including the JRnx 8931 which are also superb servos.

Last edited by David Gladwin; 06-09-2018 at 04:05 AM.
Old 06-09-2018, 07:07 AM
Alex48

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

I really love these Ditex servos and cannot fault the unit itself. My only issue as a Jeti user you cannot get any of the telemetry when running through a Central Box.

Hopefully this will be rectified in time.

Cheers, Alex
Old 06-09-2018, 09:10 AM
olnico

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex48
I really love these Ditex servos and cannot fault the unit itself. My only issue as a Jeti user you cannot get any of the telemetry when running through a Central Box.

Cheers, Alex
Huge problem for us as well, as I was expecting to get flight control computation validation through these units.
Will have to wait a bit for the new firmware...
Old 06-09-2018, 06:55 PM
ZB

Originally Posted by Alex48

Cheers, Alex
You will, the new CB220 (working name) will be able to take care of that.
Aluminum case, new high speed EX Bus port...

Zb/Jeti USA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.