Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone own a Warhead

ORIGINAL: danny f norman

ofna clutch
#10265 3 shoe clutch kit
#10402 CLUTCH BELL W/BEARINGS
#10330 collet insert

No the stock clutch bell wont fit
I got the Racer Edge 14T for $12 at the LHS. direct replacement for the Ofna HD bell I had.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:14 PM
ashburg

IIIIII don't knooooow...the new "anyone own a savage x" thread is pretty juicy at 14 pages and countin'

ORIGINAL: spacoli

Boy I hope I make the 100th page. I don't know if it's a good thing that a thread for a truck is this long.

Think about it. If there wasn't so many problems with this truck we would probably only be on page 20 or so.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:15 PM
Wide Open

yeah, but its probably 14 pages of fun stuff! not people making fun of their own car because it sucks!
Old 02-25-2006, 10:17 PM
spacoli

Wide Open, I feel the same way. I had a choice of a Tmaxx or "The Head" when shopping for a Xmas present for my son. I had actully give the shop owner $100. to get a Tmaxx in so I could check it out and compare.

Well $500. later and a order made on Tower I reserved a new Revo 3.3 for myself and my son gets my one month old Revo.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:17 PM
ashburg

Tru...for example, check out this [link=http://www.2coolrc.com]bling bling for your monster truck[/link]

ORIGINAL: Wide Open

yeah, but its probably 14 pages of fun stuff! not people making fun of their own car because it sucks!
Old 02-25-2006, 10:18 PM
quickster47

You know that body actually looks pretty good sitting on that frame. At least you found a good use for one part of the WH.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:18 PM
dpc1234

Personally I think you guys are being hipocrates. This is the kind of bashing that you all got mad about before. Now the Savage X comes out and all of a sudden its ok to you.

I mean really.

The truck is what it is. It is still the same truck we have all worked together to work the problems out of these last few months and you guys really dissapoint me..............

See Ya
Old 02-25-2006, 10:22 PM
Wide Open

i know what you mean dpc. i wanted the warhead ever since it was first anounced because it was so "revolutionary". now that i have it i think its DT thats the hipocrites. maybe we can sue for false advertising?[&:] that way i can get the money for a good mt because DURATRAX HAS FAILED US!!!

(101 pages now.)
Old 02-25-2006, 10:27 PM
quickster47

For what it's worth, the Savage X is not without some problems of its own. Not as many as the Warhead but it sure ain't perfect. If you read the posts on all the forums, and not just RC Universe, people are stripping spur gears, having carb problems, and receivers problems and other miscellaneous problems.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:31 PM
spacoli

Well you have a point there. Give it some time.

The reasons I choose the Revo 3.3 over the Savage is the tall larger fuel tank is known for leaning as it drains as the Warhead did.

It's suspension mainly set up built for bashing. I want a all around good handling and bashing truck. I don't want a truck that will be bouncing around all over the place. I know you could set up the suspension as needed.

I only have to keep spare parts for one truck. All the parts are the same other than the chassis,steering linkage,front drive shaft and ofcourse the engine. I also read today on the forum on the Traxxas site that the 3.3 optidrive unit has it's own failsafe. I hope that's true.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:39 PM
Wide Open

well, guys, i think i may have found someone to sell the warhead to. if we can close a deal, that is. i know what youre going to say to me, but i cant afford it and i feel dissapointed in myself. i wont say anymore as i want to keep this fairly private until its finalized, but ill see what happens in the next few days. hope i can keep in touch, guys. its been a long road in this thread but i may be leaving. but for now i think ill go to bed...
Old 02-25-2006, 10:42 PM
Bill Plude

I think you made the right choice spac. even though most of those guys over there wanted you to go with the other truck.
EDIT: yes, no need for fail safe with Revos

I hope you aren't referring to me as a "hipocrate" dpc1234 I resent it. My opinion of the WarHead hasn't changed at all. Someday it might be a good truck when good parts are availlable for it (if I want to buy them). I've had to put up with a bunch of crap because of my opinions in here. Guys have come around to relize that thats the way I am so it's ok. In fact I think it's come to be appreciated. I don't see too many of these guys that are bad mouthing the WarHead saying that they have new trucks. A couple of them do, but not enough of them to be coming out with that remark. Not enough of them can afford to buy a new truck after what they've put into their WarHead, or get the wife's OK(wife's understand frustration when they see it). What I see is a bunch of guys that are tired of spending time and money just to turn around and spend more time and money. Well I've said enough.........this is where I sit back and wait to get blasted
Old 02-25-2006, 10:44 PM
Wide Open

its alright, bill. were all in the same boat. i feel for ya.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:51 PM
ashburg

Hey, I just posted a couple of pages back, 3 new vids of my warhead...it was actually hummin' today as I described. I'm proud! We were just having a humorous moment to celebrate the 100th page.

Come back dpc! I've learned so much from you []
Old 02-25-2006, 10:53 PM
Wide Open

youre right ash, its awsome when it runs. if only duratrax would do something about it. and yet i still need to go to bed...
Old 02-25-2006, 10:54 PM
Bill Plude

I have no problem wide. I haven't spent that much and I do have new trucks and my wife doesn't hassle me, she thinks I deserve to spend my money anyway I like. Like I've been there and done that, its mostly gravy for me and mine now. Time to enjoy. Can't wait to do that "Family" pic with all the trucks!!! Spac I think my RC guy said mid-end of March for the 3.3 Revo.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:55 PM
spacoli

I just like the way the Revo runs,handles and it can take a good tumble. It may not have that low end torque as a big block or the size of a 1/8 scale, but once it hits that powerband look out and hang on to the wheel. I can only imagine what the 3.3 will be like.

Bill if you were to guess, what engine would you compare the 3.3 to or what do you think it will similar to? If that makes any sense?
Old 02-25-2006, 11:00 PM
Wide Open

i dont know, spac. i was looking at a dyno graph of the 3.3 compared to the 2.5, and both have pretty much the same powerband. it looks like a weak low end, but an insane top end. just that the 3.3 has more overall power. youll have to tell us what its like when you get it. we need some of those "my truck is more awsome than yours" stories, no matter how much we deny it.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:02 PM
Bill Plude

it's a .20 that puts it between the OS.18 and Picco.21 now what it puts out for horsepower remains to be seen. OOPS WarHead forum. I wish I could make a firm decision what to do with my WarHead. I know I'm keeping it. Guess I'll decide when I can have it here.
EDIT: I see that by changing the 2,5 over to the 3.3 in the 4tec it's supposed to take it from 60 to 70MPH
40+ to 45+ in the TMAXX
Old 02-25-2006, 11:06 PM
spur stripper

Blah blah blah....all I know is that ever since I was excited for the mailman to come and deliver me a truck of fun, I can't make it though a 1 hour lunch session without something breaking on this god forsaken t-wreck.....all I want is to bash with the boys that made fun of me for not buying a traxxas or Losi....I just always end up watching everyone else have fun while I rebuild my shizzlebox war-no-head on the sidelines. That should be the new slogan, "If you want to play but prefer to fix stuff that shouldn't blow, then the warhead is for you!!!!!" Or "now that you waited forever for the warhead, you will finally know why you have a heel for a head..."

SOMEBODY kill me before I spend another dollar on this thing....
Old 02-25-2006, 11:34 PM
rdgo3

LOL! Boy I see we all are having fun, I sold mine after about a month of Fix Or Repair Daily. I guess thats appropriate since this thing comes with a FORD body..lol I got tired of watching the guys with the revo's having all the fun so I joined them..you know the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again..But I still feel connected to all of you...A use to be Warhead owner.
Old 02-26-2006, 12:05 AM
89ram

hi everybody, ordered wh parts off ebay from jennys rcsport, shipped 22, arrived 25th! now just waiting on other parts from tower including servo savers! would boiling any of the plastic parts help? if so how long? what is the gain from elimanating reverse gear?
Old 02-26-2006, 12:31 AM
lukskywalker

ORIGINAL: rdgo3

LOL! Boy I see we all are having fun, I sold mine after about a month of Fix Or Repair Daily. I guess thats appropriate since this thing comes with a FORD body..lol I got tired of watching the guys with the revo's having all the fun so I joined them..you know the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again..But I still feel connected to all of you...A use to be Warhead owner.
rdgo3

Well, All I have to say is you where the smart one. I should of returned this Warhead the very 1st day I got this piece of #$#@ Truck. But I wasnt a quitter. Im at the point to where I still wait for parts even though I thought I would be the smarter one and have extra parts on hand incase they would break, boy just another STUPID MISTAKE. Im at the point to where I think I will auction off the parts on ebay or include them with the trk. This is the biggest mistake I ever did. I wrote DT a letter including what parts I need to get replaced (along with my broken parts) and I told them the Warhead sucks and included just about a list of everthing that breaks or that is weak. I sure they will just take the letter and toss it in the pile of who cares.
The only benifit I can say I learned from buying a Dt Product is that I will never buy anythg from them again and that I also will never buy another BETA Truck. Even for the Savage X - I will not buy until they get the bugs worked out. I know HPI at least does there research and makes a better product if that item is causing alot of breakage (UNLIKE DT).

Hey, but dont let me stop anyone who wants to hurry out and Buy a WARHEAD. I see Tower Hobbies has there special promo(ACT NOW AND GET A FREE GLOW PLUG STARTER). They actually should include a real trk that runs without breaking down.

And then to see what Bill Wrote about DT not having knowledge of any of these problems is plan BS.

I really dont get it fella's, unless we the people in this forum are the only ones that got the short of the stick??

Personally I think Dt should reemburse us all for the cost of the truck and look at it as a learning curve on there end. Its just really amazing how we always talk to the same people, can never talk to a BIG DOG there. Its always there tech support(once in a great chance you can ask for a supervisor) but are they really a supervisor. I Doubt it.

I said my fair share.

Old 02-26-2006, 12:38 AM
MI66

i would buy one to throw off a cliff
Old 02-26-2006, 01:07 AM
89ram

maybe you could drive it backwards off the cliff if you didnt disable reverse and it didnt break before it made the plunge!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.