Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Anyone own a Warhead?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 02:55 PM
ashburg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone own a Warhead

So sell me your broke up Hong Kong Warhead for 50 bucks and go get you that tranny lol
Old 02-02-2006, 02:55 PM
spacoli

Did they say they would replace your wheels and tires?

[quote]ORIGINAL: lukskywalker

Well of the Hobby Services She Goes,

2 sets if tires cause my rims are defective and are rubbing really bad inside
Old 02-02-2006, 03:01 PM
ynot1

Mickerc, or anyone else,

Because I am still running the same clutch,
How will I know when its gone?

ORIGINAL: mikerc

10-4 Guess I will burn up my 3rd stock clutch and invest in a 3 shoe set up. Gees I thought Giant scale airplanes were costly. These things will nickle and dime the s#%t out of you.
Old 02-02-2006, 03:05 PM
lukskywalker

ORIGINAL: ynot1

Mickerc, or anyone else,

Because I am still running the same clutch,
How will I know when its gone?

ORIGINAL: mikerc

You will know cause everytime you start it or try to pull it, the wheels always turn when they shouldnt. If put your ear close to it and try to listen if you hear friction.

10-4 Guess I will burn up my 3rd stock clutch and invest in a 3 shoe set up. Gees I thought Giant scale airplanes were costly. These things will nickle and dime the s#%t out of you.
Old 02-02-2006, 03:05 PM
LorenzoItly

Guys,
is there anyone, who know how the slipper adjustment should be done?
I did not understood, what the manual (page 11) is explaining.
According to the manual the nut should be turn until tight and then back off by 1/8 turn???
I checked what I have on the three warheads I (me and my brothers-in-law) purchased, and it look like the some lines of the threads escape from the head of the nut. Is that what the manual is looking for?

Please help me

Lorenzo
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80205.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	400605  
Old 02-02-2006, 03:07 PM
lukskywalker

[quote]ORIGINAL: spacoli

Did they say they would replace your wheels and tires?

ORIGINAL: lukskywalker

Well of the Hobby Services She Goes,

2 sets if tires cause my rims are defective and are rubbing really bad inside
I talked to Deb and mentioned everything. She said pack those pieces up and we will replace it or fix it. I know they cant fix it cause it a molding problem.

Guess time will tell.

Old 02-02-2006, 03:08 PM
ashburg

Ynot...you'll know if the clutch is gone when th truck won't stay still, it has trouble idling right, and/or if you see excessive black flakes building up. I'd move to a 3 pin 3 shoe flywheel if I was you and save some grief.

Lorenzo...Tighten the slipper clutch down all the way, then loosen the nut 1/8th turn.
Old 02-02-2006, 03:14 PM
lukskywalker

ORIGINAL: LorenzoItly

Guys,
is there anyone, who know how the slipper adjustment should be done?
I did not understood, what the manual (page 11) is explaining.
According to the manual the nut should be turn until tight and then back off by 1/8 turn???
I checked what I have on the three warheads I (me and my brothers-in-law) purchased, and it look like the some lines of the threads escape from the head of the nut. Is that what the manual is looking for?

Please help me

Lorenzo
Loren,
Dont look at what u have past the nut, just make sure its tight as it can go and then back it off 1/8 of a turn. Yes you should have part of the bolt stick passed the nut. Does this make sense??

Old 02-02-2006, 03:16 PM
lukskywalker

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the parts we send into Hobby Services?? 1 week,2 weeks.Any ideas or past experiences. Do they send u a email?? Just like to know what to expect.thx
Old 02-02-2006, 03:20 PM
ashburg

Luk, they were VERY quick to get parts to me once the deal was set. I emailed them a list of what was broken with a scan of my receipt, they agreed to replace, then maybe 4 days later I had the goods...that was my experience.
Old 02-02-2006, 03:20 PM
mikerc
My Feedback: (11)

I replaced my first clutch because of all of the flakes. It wasn't too bad. The second clutch the spring broke. The third is still working but only one run. That will probably go this afternoon. I love my WART HEAD!!! F#%$ING POS!!
Old 02-02-2006, 03:25 PM
ashburg

HAAAHhahah...it really is a POS out of the box isn't it. We can only hope that some stronger parts come out can't we . Of course, there's always jb weld
Old 02-02-2006, 03:44 PM
mikerc

You could spend a fortune on JB-Weld. I think I will call my broker, so I can buy some JB-weld stock.
Old 02-02-2006, 04:08 PM
Bill Plude

LOL, after my last post I went out to finish breaking in a truck. I get my Warhead back tomorrow for sure, Maybe I can finish breaking that in after 2 months. Anyway, I'm gone like 3 hours and 20 posts appear!!! LOL! I love this. Keeps me busy. Keep the faith guys. As frustrated as I've been and trust me the guys that have been here with me since this thread started will tell you, I have been ready to sledgehammer the POS as it's been called, I'm going to hang with it. Parts will come sooner or later. That ignorant groundhog said 6 more weeks, well maybe he's right, that would give DT and the aftermarket parts guys* some more time to get us some help.

*if they think it's worth it (it DT sells enough of these POS! LOL
Old 02-02-2006, 04:11 PM
danny f norman

i have a 1/2 gallon through it so far and no broken parts, but then again i havent jumped anything yet either just bashing around the street. just curious should i stay away from jumping it until they come out with some stronger parts?
Old 02-02-2006, 04:17 PM
J_ME65

I've been the one trying to keep people from bad talking the warhead probly the most, but this thing is a POS isn't it? Now it's starting to get where everything that breaks, they want you to send in. It's bad enough at least once a week it has to sit for a few days till I can drive about 50 miles to get spare parts "locally", that or I used to be able to call and let them know and I would have to wait maybe up to a week and save the money on gas and the time. I can understand they don't want people to just stock up on "free" parts, but this is starting to get ridiculous. If someone doesn't come up with, what is it, the big four parts, my warhead is going to get traded for something that will last at least one good day of running. Hopefully it happens, cause I know I'm almost done.
Old 02-02-2006, 04:17 PM
lukskywalker

ORIGINAL: danny f norman

i have a 1/2 gallon through it so far and no broken parts, but then again i havent jumped anything yet either just bashing around the street. just curious should i stay away from jumping it until they come out with some stronger parts?
Danny,
Get the credit card ready and best just call duratrax now and order everything listed in the Parts Book. LOL

Old 02-02-2006, 04:19 PM
J_ME65

You should probly just park it till they come out with some stronger parts Danny, if you want to be on the safe side. [X(]
Old 02-02-2006, 04:19 PM
lukskywalker

ORIGINAL: J_ME65

I've been the one trying to keep people from bad talking the warhead probly the most, but this thing is a POS isn't it? Now it's starting to get where everything that breaks, they want you to send in. It's bad enough at least once a week it has to sit for a few days till I can drive about 50 miles to get spare parts "locally", that or I used to be able to call and let them know and I would have to wait maybe up to a week and save the money on gas and the time. I can understand they don't want people to just stock up on "free" parts, but this is starting to get ridiculous. If someone doesn't come up with, what is it, the big four parts, my warhead is going to get traded for something that will last at least one good day of running. Hopefully it happens, cause I know I'm almost done.
J,

I feel your pain. Im not even bashing the trk and stuff breaks. Never again though will I be a BETA Tester. I knew there would be things wrong. But this is out of control.
Old 02-02-2006, 04:22 PM
J_ME65

Beta tester or POS tester? lol I haven't been getting on it that hard yet either and same thing.
Old 02-02-2006, 04:31 PM
ashburg

Warhead Insurance 101:

Well, honestly, if you want to make this truck right, go ahead and get another motor - I've spent ~$250 on an O.S. .30 VG Pullstart + a hopped up clutch. That upgrade will solve the carb issue, the flooding issue, the vapor lock issue, the flimsy stock clutch issue, the air leak issue, and the exhaust gasket issue.

While you're at it, upgrade to FM and get a failsafe as Bill says...

Also, go to tower or whatever and get 2 sets of servo savers, a front bulkhead set, a steering knuckle set, lower control arm set for front, and outer tie rod ends.

You may as well get a set of screws and fasteners too because the phillips screws are easy to strip (and you will be pulling them out believe me).

Shim your brake lever like Spacoli says...this may help beef up your brake for when the truck goes out of control...and it probably will if you keep the stock motor in there and don't fix the problems with it.

Don't take your 2nd fuel tank out...that's a myth...this new motor I have starts up on the first pull and cranks even after I fill up the gas and the motor is hot after a run.

After you break your first servo saver arm, do the kevlar jb weld fix on page 12 that mikerc describes.

Get a 1200-1400mah hump pack and keep it charged good.

Other than that, you're golden lol
Old 02-02-2006, 04:33 PM
J_ME65

So... basically get a new truck and your good? LOL
Old 02-02-2006, 04:34 PM
lukskywalker

ORIGINAL: J_ME65

Beta tester or POS tester? lol I haven't been getting on it that hard yet either and same thing.

Ok Guys,

Seriously, We all know it is what it is($#$@). Do you think if we write a really good letter,explain just exactly what its doing and what needs improvement etc etc, then pass it onto everyone here to sign it and then send it into Duratrax maybe something will be done about it. Beside sending it in all the time or getting this and that to fix it. I really dont know when or just how long they will continue making the same weak truck or taking us seriously. What you all think???
Old 02-02-2006, 04:58 PM
mikerc

Today I got my 5 cell pack. Holy S#%t What a differance. No not really. I did run a full tank through it and flipped it over 4 times jumping the side of the driveway. Some great road rash on the body. I freaking love it. I am beating the crap out of this thing. It seems to do better when you just don't care anymore. I am going to go out again it a little bit and see if I can break it.
Old 02-02-2006, 05:09 PM
ynot1

I will not in anyway, recommend one of these Dura POS to anyone.
I have lots of Trassax owner friends (and myself)
They are all laughing at me.

I Should have bought another Traxxas product!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: ashburg

Warhead Insurance 101:

Well, honestly, if you want to make this truck right, go ahead and get another motor - I've spent ~$250 on an O.S. .30 VG Pullstart + a hopped up clutch. That upgrade will solve the carb issue, the flooding issue, the vapor lock issue, the flimsy stock clutch issue, the air leak issue, and the exhaust gasket issue.

While you're at it, upgrade to FM and get a failsafe as Bill says...

Also, go to tower or whatever and get 2 sets of servo savers, a front bulkhead set, a steering knuckle set, lower control arm set for front, and outer tie rod ends.

You may as well get a set of screws and fasteners too because the phillips screws are easy to strip (and you will be pulling them out believe me).

Shim your brake lever like Spacoli says...this may help beef up your brake for when the truck goes out of control...and it probably will if you keep the stock motor in there and don't fix the problems with it.

Don't take your 2nd fuel tank out...that's a myth...this new motor I have starts up on the first pull and cranks even after I fill up the gas and the motor is hot after a run.

After you break your first servo saver arm, do the kevlar jb weld fix on page 12 that mikerc describes.

Get a 1200-1400mah hump pack and keep it charged good.

Other than that, you're golden lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.