Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

Official Nitro Evader ST Thread v2.0

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Official Nitro Evader ST Thread v2.0

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 11:26 AM
BEARBYSR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Nitro Evader ST Thread v2.0

I run the Fatuba s3305 in all my rc's and have not had any issues, IMO, very good solid servo.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:01 PM
bigstang

Same. They r a very good servo.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:35 PM
drunkenjustin

ok.. uhm my nest won't start, and when it does it gets hot as fast as a light bulb turns on haha but im kind of worried about it, and right now i can't afford to go out and get a new motor, or a rebuild kit..... i still have compression and i set the needles back to factory, im running sidewinder 20 % with 12% oil.... i really don't know, problems started happening rite after i did the diff rebuild kit[:@]
Old 04-02-2008, 07:23 PM
docphysics

how does the engine run? how hot is it getting? how do you know its hot?
Old 04-03-2008, 05:21 PM
BEARBYSR

Need you guys opinion, I have 60$ to spend on my vader. I have tossed around the idea of the new anodized tuned pipe for my new OS motor, do you guys think it's worth it or worth maybe gettin some alum. knuckles and stuff instead. I just don't know if I will see any big difference with the new pipe verses the DTX ones. I really take you guys opinions seriously and could use some opinions to sway my thinkinThanks!!
Old 04-03-2008, 05:26 PM
drunkenjustin

im not sure but i took it out and put my other .18 motor in... it's not as fast but it works, i have only plastic arms and trust me these arms are like unbreakable, i hit a tree going like top speed and only broke a loer shock ball thing and i hit a log going as fast as i could then i stripped the steering servo.... 3rd one since i got it, and the new motor i put in it won't start unless the rear tyres are up off the ground and i forgot to turn down my throttle trim and stripped the spur gear b ut oither than that it was a gud day haha
Old 04-03-2008, 05:39 PM
bigstang

yeah dont get a new pip save a few more bucks and get a OS cvrx. or get the aluminum and check ebay.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:41 PM
drunkenjustin

i want to either get the os.15 or os.18
Old 04-03-2008, 05:47 PM
bigstang

18 all the way baby
Old 04-03-2008, 05:53 PM
bigstang

ok u guys anyone want my truck for 365 shipped? let me know asap. thanks comes with
this is from my ebay acution
We have a 2 year old Duratrax Nitro Evader ST. This this has had every mod done to it and then some with in the last 6 months. It has ALL aluminum parts, a 1/2 gallon of 20% traxxas Top fuel threw it. Comes with everything in pics BUT the extra piston,rod and sleeve. Rember this is an all aluminum Nitro Evader st. Thing is real fast.Its been adult owned and driven. Starts with a few pulls, just put in a New pull start bearing($26). Comes with a CVEC tunable pipe(muffler) which u can set the spring inside of the pipe so u can have more top, middle or low end power, and makes it sound great. Also it has rear Hard Anodized rear shocks in the front to give it more ground clearance. The rear shocks are stock rear shocks. They both have green(hard) springs all around with blue shock covers on. Also come with a t-bone bashing front bumper which is painted to match the truck body. Any questions just ask!

This truck is ready to run just ad some fuel and bat. and go

Its comming with:

1. Custom f350 truck body, custom mounted, painted and cut out by me. Its Blue matallic fade to black mattallic and its never been driven on the trcuk. I just did it about a month ago.

2. Venom speed meter which does all this: Think you’re fast? Prove it! Use the Top Speed function to determine if your set-up change increases speed and how fast you are going. Track your motor usage between rebuilds using the Lifetime Odometer. Know what distance you traveled during the 30 min Main with the Trip Odometer and never be caught with a dead battery in your car with the built-in Digital Volt Meter. Is brand new and still has the little plastic cover on it.

3. An O.S. .18 cvrx(pull start) motor. thing has tons of compression and its real real fast.

4. 4 brand new Moab tires for extra clearance with crome claw rims.(on the truck)

2 new Proline Edge tires for the front and 2 used ones(all pre glued from the factory)

4. brand new just taken out of the pacages, HPI MTMesh black rims. They have not been glued to the tires that are on them, just did it for show

2. used crome claw rims and 2( the ones in the middle) im not sure of the brand but they are all 1/10 scale

2. new Proline Road Hawgs

2. almost new, proline traction. only ran then for 10 mins in the sand.

5. All Aluminum Tranny with carbid diff balls and carbide thrust balls from Acer racing,just rebuilt.

6. Few extra parts used: glow starter, 2 renches(one long and one short),extra short ball studs, extra turnbuckles, few allen renches,

7. Few extra parts new: new pre oiled air filter(one of the best), new extra BX aluminum spurr gear, comes with the evader bx clutch bell(faster acceleration) with Traxxas Clutch Shoes/Spring,(much better than stock, box of new screws, new O.S. # 8 glow plug, 3 new front wheel bearings.( truck has all new wheel bearings in the front, i just lost one lol), brand new rear swaybar kit, its just been opened.

8. its comming with the stock radio controller which is a Futaba 2ch pistol grip AM radio. Sorry forgot to take a pic. its in good condition

9. Stearing servo is a Futaba S3305 High Torque, Metal Gear Servo. Thing is very fast

10. Associated Fuel Primer Pump Monster GT to prim the fuel, works Awsome also has a GP fuel filter with a small screen mesh inside to catch anything.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:55 PM
drunkenjustin

yeah but im crazed on the look of the . 15 http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXBZ30&P=SM , i reallly like how the head looks, im not too crazed on the power of the .18's anyways so i figure i'll save 10 bucks for now and just get that motor then next month or sumthing i'll get a .18 cvrx?? sound good haha i wanna start stocking up on motors so i can make my own custom nitro rc, i wanna make a nitro sand rail
Old 04-04-2008, 12:40 AM
yoster

Not to put a downer on your idea, but that engine is an OLD OS engine. Barely puts out over 1/2 hp; won't even come close to the stock engine that came in your truck. Waste of money imo
Old 04-04-2008, 05:33 AM
scottywilkes

the OS15 CV is outdated now, the internals are very basic, its a entry level motor. The cooling head dosnt do a great job, the motor tends to get quite hot, plus the fact it dosnt have alot of power, not even as much as the DTX18.

Id seriously recomend against it. Modded with a hyper head there a brilliant little motor, but stock, they are very basic
Old 04-04-2008, 01:40 PM
drunkenjustin

ok thanks for telling me, i am just gonna spend the extra 10 bucks and go with the os .18 cvrx, just wondering does the one way bearing from the dtx 18 fit on the os .18 cvrx??? i have the kwik pit starter and, i hate pullstarts and i just wanna throw the kwik pit plate on and be able to use it.
Old 04-04-2008, 05:38 PM
scottywilkes

pretty sure it dosnt, different diametre starter shafts
Old 04-04-2008, 09:03 PM
drunkenjustin

DAMN!
Old 04-05-2008, 04:42 PM
DuratraxNEST

Hey guys I know one of you guys have the AE blue fuel pump
Could somebody please post a pick of their truck with it on or explain where it goes?
It goes right on the fuel line from the tank to the motor right?
And as for a fuel line shut off clamp should i put it before or after the pump?
Old 04-05-2008, 04:51 PM
bigstang

why would u need a fuel pump???? and the clamp would go between the tank and motor
Old 04-05-2008, 05:20 PM
docphysics

I think he means the MGT primer. I don't have any pics of mine, I think you have some though.
Old 04-05-2008, 05:21 PM
docphysics

It goes between the fuel tank and the carb.
Old 04-05-2008, 05:39 PM
bigstang

yup here ya go look in the back

Old 04-05-2008, 06:12 PM
bigstang

anyone want a psp pm me and ill send u the egay link lol, lets see how long this one stays up be its deleted
Old 04-06-2008, 01:21 AM
brownstone101

hey guys long time since i been here but im realy missin nitro. i traded my savage a wile back. too much truck and i was getin frustrated with it and no $ to maintain it so she left what a shame.

i got a half dissasembled nitro evader in my name and the chassie is in ok conditon and the motor is lost. i also have a offer for a decent modified nitro evader with a bullet proof trans and a ok dtx 18 and its pretty much all put togeather. im torn cause i know for about 60-70$ i can get the same upgrades put into mine and have it rolling on new berings and new hardwere and im realy not the fan of .18s in ST so would be probly quite happy with a .15 or .12 so i would look around for a used .15 or somethin maby try and score one for 40-50$ and have a decent rig to just have a nitro back for light bashin. or my friend with a okish worn rig for about 130$ i do like workin and theres odds im saveing eather direction i pick depending how and were and how much i find parts to fix mine and i took my time watchin ebay for simple used parts in good shape. any ideas or thoughts or what you would do?

thanks

list so far of what would need replaced,

hardend diff/alumnum idler+diff rebuild
new CVDs (mine dont exist lol)
mostley new hardwere (not all but pick and chose missing)
BB's (also pick and chose but likeley replace)
tank (or RC10Gt tank)
.15 or smaller used motor. (that would make or break but my other offer is a DTX.18 if i got a O.S.15 or .12 used it get more miles with less problems)
(still have electronics maby a few worn chassie parts but not bad)
Old 04-06-2008, 01:45 AM
DuratraxNEST

yeah bigstang and doc I meant primer bulb but it says PUMP all over the package so I said pump.
So thanks for the pics
Old 04-06-2008, 10:45 AM
JerB

hey there guys

I will be taking my truck out soon for the first time this season, I have a question that I hope somebody could help me with. Should I set my needle setting back to factory settings before running my truck ( the last time I ran it was in the fall ) also I have switched fuels going from blue thunder to sidewinder fuel.

Thanks for any help guys

Jeremy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.