Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

NEUTRINO - NEW F3A PROJECT FROM GREECE

Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

NEUTRINO - NEW F3A PROJECT FROM GREECE

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 10:46 AM
joenella

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEUTRINO - NEW F3A PROJECT FROM GREECE

TNwalker, remember how you where bashing some quality product? just because you had got some s... from a cheap vendor.

To all the rest, to me it looks like the fuse is a SPARK copy, I don't say Elias is not doing a great job did I??

I do fly the original and not a copy.

I have a SPARK prototype, which is the sole surviver and a SPARK version 2009 with production no 1!!!, beside this I fly a KRILL VELOX 33% and is "building" a KRILL SUKHOI29 33%

Old 02-11-2009, 12:53 PM
apereira

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Joenella,

This is Elias post, you are insulting everybody here not just him, please live and let live, do not make more comments like this, I invite you to open your own post on the models your building.

To everybody else, I just blocked Joenella's post so I do not see his posts anymore, I will suggest to do that and keep reading Elias thread as we were before.

Regards
Old 02-11-2009, 04:05 PM
dhal22

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

that's cool. how do you block a certain poster? there's one on the classic forum that's going to get that treatment from me. sorry, elias, again back to your wonderful thread.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:39 PM
Ryan Smith
My Feedback: (25)

David,

In the bottom bar of a post, there is are a row of icons on the left hand side. In the middle of the row is a red hand that has block beside of it, that should do it. I'm not sure if that just blocks the post or if it blocks all posts from that user. I've never really used it before.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:43 PM
Elias Sopeoglou

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi
Guille !
Your ideas and knoledge seem to be the best method available now ,I think this will be my next step ,(maybe in 6years..)But in order to do that you need to be expert in 3d design ,as you can see in my post I stuck in the surfaces of complicated curves and all that ,I`ll need a couple of years till that.Then you need a big mill or cnc router ,I would have to split my fuse in 3 parts to mill it with what I got available ,but I guess this is possible.I share the same ideas about pattern plane designs ,all of them are trying to achive the same performance with the same equipment available.
Now ,as the first halve of the mould cures ,I did some progress on the stabilizer .Pictures tell 1000 words so here it is..
I use steel plates as rulers for cutting the foam both for shape and airfoil ,needles to say I trust my workbench 100% that is 200mm thick MDF sandwitch with cross ribs.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54963.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	1133087   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs58375.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	1133088   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot47660.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	1133089  
Old 02-11-2009, 05:51 PM
Elias Sopeoglou

The airfoil rulers have slots for reference this way I can center them (front -back) in my foam and mark the center line.I forgot to mention that I make my foam with same thickness using two sets of steel parallel rulers .Foam is ordered 80mm thick ,first ruler set is 75mm -slice-reverse ,second set is 70mm .It´s unbelievable how corked foam is ...

Elias

Name:	Qo41510.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	1133104   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ws56666.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	1133105   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz69854.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	1133106  
Old 02-13-2009, 03:09 PM
pappy69

Hlia (i kinda keep the Greek ortho on he Name )
First of all congrats for your craftsmanship as well as the nice design.
It's realy nice to see that someone builds and shares his knowledge with the rest of the people on a real building thread and not like
some other threads in this forum. Some people start to build something they upload 3 photos, then for 6 months they chit chat for God knows what
except the build thread and after 1 year and 16 pages of useless chat they upload the photo of the model already done without any more explanations
or description.
For the fellow modeller joenella i can say only one think.
In our rich Greek language there is a word. This word is parthenogennesis.
If you search joenella you might find what that means.
To give you a quick explanation parthenogennesis is when something is born for the first time by itself without been copied before.
You said that Elias model resembles some other model.
I agree!! It realy does!! I agree 100%!! ABSOLUTELY!!
Formula 1 cars look alike as well!!
Moto GP bikes are almost identical too!!
What i mean my friend is that as cars designs evolute through time the same way F3A models do. All the F3A models have almost the same caracteristics.
To my knowledge Elias designed a plane based on different ideas based on the dozens of airplanes pased from his hands. He has big experience on F3A planes and as far as i know some years before he build quiet a few.

Elias does what you or me or everybody else would like to do. That's build a model that has all the nice characteristics of all the rest planes (at least hoping!!!)

Don't judge with a short mind!!! Your stance and your comments can be very well supposed as malicious on purpose!!!

In a few words:

RELAX MAAAAAAAN!!!

PS: I am realy sorry for the long text!!
Sygnomi Elias!!
Old 02-13-2009, 09:44 PM
wattsup
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

pappy69: I, for one, can more than appreciate your above response. Like "tuny" from the Osmose thread, Elias is passing on a wealth of building knowledge at very low cost to all of us. The least any of us can do is to say THANK YOU! Regards___TNWalker
Old 02-14-2009, 01:28 AM
Andy P.

Another wonderful Greek word for joenella to research; MALAKA (check spelling) , would suit him just fine

Elias,

Efharisto Poli once again for your great work, please keep it up!

Mia megalo Mythos para kalo, when it's finished eh

Regards,

Andy.
Old 02-14-2009, 02:42 AM
joenella

ORIGINAL: Andy P.

Another wonderful Greek word for joenella to research; MALAKA (check spelling) , would suit him just fine

Elias,

Efharisto Poli once again for your great work, please keep it up!

Mia megalo Mythos para kalo, when it's finished eh

Regards,

Andy.
Well Andy, even your english your foregiven, but understanding your own mothertongue is something I expected from you , but no.

Andy try call me that in personal and you will some good running shoes!!!!
Old 02-14-2009, 02:46 AM
joenella

ORIGINAL: pappy69

Hlia (i kinda keep the Greek ortho on he Name )
First of all congrats for your craftsmanship as well as the nice design.
It's realy nice to see that someone builds and shares his knowledge with the rest of the people on a real building thread and not like
some other threads in this forum. Some people start to build something they upload 3 photos, then for 6 months they chit chat for God knows what
except the build thread and after 1 year and 16 pages of useless chat they upload the photo of the model already done without any more explanations
or description.
For the fellow modeller joenella i can say only one think.
In our rich Greek language there is a word. This word is parthenogennesis.
If you search joenella you might find what that means.
To give you a quick explanation parthenogennesis is when something is born for the first time by itself without been copied before.
You said that Elias model resembles some other model.
I agree!! It realy does!! I agree 100%!! ABSOLUTELY!!
Formula 1 cars look alike as well!!
Moto GP bikes are almost identical too!!
What i mean my friend is that as cars designs evolute through time the same way F3A models do. All the F3A models have almost the same caracteristics.
To my knowledge Elias designed a plane based on different ideas based on the dozens of airplanes pased from his hands. He has big experience on F3A planes and as far as i know some years before he build quiet a few.

Elias does what you or me or everybody else would like to do. That's build a model that has all the nice characteristics of all the rest planes (at least hoping!!!)
As you would like a woman in your bed with the bottoms of Jennifer Lopez the boobs of Pamela Anderson the moving hips of Shakira etc etc etc.

Don't judge with a short mind!!! Your stance and your comments can be very well supposed as malicious on purpose!!!

In a few words:

RELAX MAAAAAAAN!!!

PS: I am realy sorry for the long text!!
Sygnomi Elias!!
Pappy I said TO ME IT LOOKS LIKE the fuse is a SPARK copi, try read me post and you'll notice, but sometimes it hard to understand english.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:49 AM
pappy69

ORIGINAL: joenella

Pappy I said TO ME IT LOOKS LIKE the fuse is a SPARK copi, try read me post and you'll notice, but sometimes it hard to understand english.
Its realy hard to understand YOUR English but this is not a spelling Bee!!
This is a wonderful building thread!!!

Take a look on the photo.....
They look alike but they are not the same!!!

By the way arguing is normal. Direct or indirect insults means lack of argument.
I wouldn't be surprised if Elias stop this thread because of all this fuzz caused by your direct misguided accusations!!!!!
You seem very clever to me and i guess you wasn't expecting applauses when you was writing those lines. So the fact that you wrote those lines intetionaly
shows me only one thing:
jealousy
I know this argue with you can go on forever and i cant really convince you that you insulted Elias.
So i stop here (as I'm waiting for Elias building new posts) and i leave the last comment to you!!

PS: ai spik ingland veri mpest!!!!

Old 02-14-2009, 04:09 AM
joenella

ORIGINAL: pappy69

Its realy hard to understand YOUR English but this is not a spelling Bee!!
This is a wonderful building thread!!!

Take a look on the photo.....
They look alike but they are not the same!!!

By the way arguing is normal. Direct or indirect insults means lack of argument.
I wouldn't be surprised if Elias stop this thread because of all this fuzz caused by your direct misguided accusations!!!!!
You seem very clever to me and i guess you wasn't expecting applauses when you was writing those lines. So the fact that you wrote those lines intetionaly
shows me only one thing:
jealousy
I know this argue with you can go on forever and i cant really convince you that you insulted Elias.
So i stop here (as i'm waiting for Elias posts) and i leave the last comment to you!!

PS: ai spik ingland veri mpest!!!!

Sorry Pappy, I did a spelling mistake.

Jealousy ?? why ? I do fly the original SPARK both the PROTOTYPE and the PRODUCTION type so no.

I fully understand and KNOW that people copy( sorry but in danish it is copi) what seems to fly well, but sometimes people try to hide it somewhat sometimes they don't. In this matter I think Elias has seen the SPARK flies very well and as he is having a project with and electric powered plane, he is using some of the SPARK design. I really don't care what you other guys think and SPARK is not my design, but I know that the designer of the SPARK HAS been looking in this thread, I wonder why?

I also know that it demands a lot of skills/craftmansship/time to do what Elias is doing and I really don't have the time for this, I want to pratice and not building, I also have said that it is a great job Elias is doing.

And looking at your pictures, it is some nice cars especially the red one but they are miles apart, you could have found some better pictures.

Old 02-14-2009, 04:33 AM
pappy69

I'm glad this argue turns to civilized conversation!!
You fly both the prototype and the production one and you use indirectly Elias thread
to advertise it. In marketing this is called "black advertisement".
The fact that the designer of SPARK looks in the thread is either because he noticed
that something was told in a thread about his plane and he was curious
either he is a good friend of yours since you have a prototype and you've called him to read this thread

A nice advice:
Lets Sit back and relax!! Lets enjoy this thread and take some good ideas!!
Maybe next year you might decide to build your own plane with the same technique
and then you will fly YOUR OWN PROTOTYPE!!!

Old 02-14-2009, 07:28 AM
Jeff Boyd 2

joenella, originally you said this . . .

Nice COPY!!

You have copied the KRILL SPARK fuse!!!!! bad bad bad
. . and then you said this . .

Hmmmmm . . the first is an absolute (and totally unfair) accusation ! The second is an opinion ! That is totally different.

IF Elias is kind enough to finish this build thread for his many interested followers, I am sure you will see the many differences setting this plane apart from your beloved Spark.

Cheers, JB
Old 02-14-2009, 09:27 AM
apereira

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

To all,

I was really avoiding to keep submitting posts about this situation, I did not even responded to the childish and ridiculous email that guy sent to me directly, but, by keep sending opinions on posts we are deviating the attention from Elias original idea towards this guy, and that is not fair as we are all sabotaging Elias Thread, let's think about this, and even though is hard to contain ourselves to the comments of this guy, we have to realize the only thing he has done is to cause damage and by responding we are becoming part of the problem.

Being myself part of the problem I will not comment to anything not related to the original Thread anymore I and beg all of you not to write any opinions about this post you are reading in order not to extend this situation.

Hoping everybody understand,

Best regards to all
Old 02-14-2009, 01:47 PM
Andy P.

Sooooooooooo,

What's happened to my post?

[&:]
Old 02-15-2009, 02:11 PM
Elias Sopeoglou

ORIGINAL: Ricardo M.

Elias, you don´t have any marks in the fuse for the wing or stab tubes, incidence meters, antirotation pins. When do you plan to do it ?

Excelent thread and craftmanship. You are a very capable builder. Really a PRO.
Ricardo
Sorry for passing your question ,the fuse plug actually has some marks ,there are 4 small (1mm) holes in the fuse for wing angle reference.I will use this as starting point ,the wing may actually vary in position in the vertical axis if needed ,even on the proto..

Elias

Old 02-15-2009, 02:40 PM
Elias Sopeoglou

Some more progress on the Stab
I used my old jig for the tube ,not very sophisticated but works ok ,had to change the position of the stab in order to get the lines centered.
At the ends of each side of the tube there are 10mm balsa blocks.The tube then is inserted with epoxy in the stabs while the sit on their negatives.

Name:	Ge96384.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	1136239   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql32756.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	1136240   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fk17901.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	1136241   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ex68188.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	1136242  
Old 02-15-2009, 02:52 PM
Elias Sopeoglou

For the wing I designed a new, more sophisticated jig ,actually this one will do for all planes ,wings and stabs ,because it will be fully adjustable ! It´s made of steel plates ,the green lines are 90deg bends .Here is the idea..

Elias

Name:	Us55323.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	1136263  
Old 02-16-2009, 01:48 PM
Elias Sopeoglou

The stab is then vacumed and let set for 48hours .In the past I had some stab halfes bent because they where taken out too soon even while the epoxy looked cured.Since then I leave them 24more hours ! Also I found important In this process not to have the balsa skins too large compared to the foam core ,they should be 2mm larger max ,because otherwise they bent from the bag and they effect the airfoil shape ,hyper pressure should not be less than -0.4bar ,foam starts to deform then..

Elias

Name:	Wu60958.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	1137161   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pl32563.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	1137162  
Old 02-16-2009, 10:42 PM
MAVROS

Yasoo Elias,

Mate you are a bloody genious......keep up the good work.

PS Are you designiing a GP version as well?

regards

MAVROS
AUSTRALIA
Old 02-17-2009, 03:27 AM
Jeff Boyd 2

ORIGINAL: ELIAS SOPEOGLOU

Dear Alex

Yes it´s originally designed as an electric plane ,but I always leave a small window open for YS powerplants only ,modifying a cowl is an easy task you know ..

cheers
Elias
Mavros . . Page 1 ! Page 1 !

Cheers, JB
Old 02-17-2009, 10:57 AM
Elias Sopeoglou

Hallo
Mavros thanx ,I think theese are solutions coming through common sence ,not something special.
I made the Jig today ,I´m very happy it came out good right from the first try.The hole I use is 20mm ,I will propably use my carbon tube fited with some kind of grinder in the front for cutting the foam and balsa block.With this jig I can fit various adapters like bearings or washers to modify the hole. I think next one will have 25mm diam. just in case it´s needed.
Also it´s importand that it´s made with less than 0.1mm acuracy and it´s heavy.This way I can just leave it flat on the workbench and trust any kind of measurements accoring to drawing geometry.On the side that moves also front-back ,there are two small(1.5mm) reference holes for 90deg agle to wing root.From this point I can measure all kinds of inclination needed.

Elias
Ps: Jeff ,did we meet in France 2005WC ??

Name:	Xu62736.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	1137962  
Old 02-17-2009, 11:07 AM
guille2006

Hi Elias;
I see the jig you're doing... in UAV (kinda "heavy duty model airplane") I use to install Skf bushings for passing spars. They are precise, lightweigth and easy to install with normal epoxys. May be you can consider them for installing into the spar holes (alluminium goes out of tollerance with nothing...). See the links:

http://www.skf.com/portal/skf/home/p...newlink=3_4_81
http://www.skf.com/skf/productcatalo...ogue=1&lang=en

Cheers...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.