Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

European Championship In AUSTRIA

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 08:00 AM
guille2006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: European Championship In AUSTRIA

Ricardo; you put the same video twice... can you fix it?

Appart of this; seems hard to believe that Mr Mayr flyies so well standing on such so unrelaxed position. That back is a "piece of cake" for for a phisiotherapist!!!!

Thanks for the vids taht slowly are coming to the light...

Rgs.

Guillermo
Old 09-08-2010, 08:10 AM
Ricardo M.

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

ORIGINAL: guille2006

Ricardo; you put the same video twice... can you fix it?

Appart of this; seems hard to believe that Mr Mayr flyies so well standing on such so unrelaxed position. That back is a ''piece of cake'' for for a phisiotherapist!!!!

Thanks for the vids taht slowly are coming to the light...

Rgs.

Guillermo

Fixed, sorry
Old 09-08-2010, 08:25 AM
rcpattern
My Feedback: (45)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also, if you view one of those videos and then view all of them under his account there, he has quite a few other very nice videos to watch.

Great job with the camera.

Arch
Old 09-08-2010, 09:24 AM
David Bathe

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Excellent vids!Very much appriciated.Mayr flys very nice, great to watch... but what happened to CPLR's snaps?The ol' Euro-Snap, Gods own snap... has been replaced with something straight from the thumbs of Satan himself!Is he gearing up for some competition across the pond?
Old 09-08-2010, 10:31 AM
Derek.Koopowitz

ORIGINAL: Ricardo M.

A short video of Gerhard Mayr and his new plane, It´s amazing his snaps all perfect (from my point of view). I want to thank Mr. Andres Girabel for posting this videos in a Spanish forum Acro3d.com

Thank you very much and congratulations for your results in the European Championships.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFIgw...layer_embedded

CPLR Semis # 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DieDH...layer_embedded

It looks like he has been working on his snaps, they look better now [8D]
His snaps do look better but he finishes early on all the snaps in the video and then rolls out of it... Mayr's snaps looked very clean and crisp.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:57 AM
Rune

lot off you asked for Mayr's video think this from the french forum is the right thing!
Old 09-09-2010, 05:45 AM
guille2006

ORIGINAL: Rune

lot off you asked for Mayr's video think this from the french forum is the right thing!

It's the same Ricardo posted... I'm afraid it's the only too.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:06 AM
Rune

ahhh well didnt see his post!! better twice than nothing!
Old 09-09-2010, 12:41 PM
Mike Wiz
My Feedback: (2)

I just watched the video..... Great flying. Question: Is that how fast pattern is generally flown? I'm asking because, I'm new to pattern flying but that seemed slow to me.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:49 PM
Jon Wold

ORIGINAL: David Bathe

Excellent vids!Very much appriciated.Mayr flys very nice, great to watch... but what happened to CPLR's snaps?The ol' Euro-Snap, Gods own snap... has been replaced with something straight from the thumbs of Satan himself!Is he gearing up for some competition across the pond?
David! How about you get hold of a nice new YS powered ship for the '11 season and show us some of that good ol' Anglo-snap? We miss you.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:51 PM
rcpattern
My Feedback: (45)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Mike Wiz

I just watched the video..... Great flying. Question: Is that how fast pattern is generally flown? I'm asking because, I'm new to pattern flying but that seemed slow to me.
The speed is deceptive. You don't have a reference. Most pattern planes will generally fly near 70mph. If you have a reference near by such as a road or something you can tell, otherwise it is virtually impossible to tell.

Arch
Old 09-09-2010, 03:18 PM
David Bathe

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: Jon Wold

David! How about you get hold of a nice new YS powered ship for the '11 season and show us some of that good ol' Anglo-snap? We miss you.
Jon... and I miss you guys!
Just don't have the time (or the money) right now.
And those Anglo snaps... something else!
Never in the field of human conflict, has a roll... looked closer to a snap.
God save the Queen.

Old 09-09-2010, 05:16 PM
bjr_93tz

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mike Wiz

I'd tend to agree that this does appear slow, the "giveaway" for me is the acceleration you see in some of the downlines when you use the clouds in the background for reference. For both Gerhard and CPLR, IMHO, it appears on occasion when the planes get their nose down they start picking up speed.

They're certainly not mushing along dragging their tails, but I think they've knocked a couple of km/h (or mph) off the cruise for the F sequences at least.

Old 09-09-2010, 06:54 PM
apereira

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Mayr flies really slow, CPLR at a normal speed not slow not too fast, I know Ola F. call Mayrs plane the slowflier.

His link http://blog.ofremmi.info/sh.php?blog...43106d714d9855

Mike,

You can fly at a speed that comfortable to your flying, if you are too fast you will "eat" space too son and will get out of the "box", if you fly too slow you will run out of time as the sequences have a time limit.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:40 AM
guille2006

Slower or faster depends on how far/close do you fly, taking into acount the time limit imposed by rules... The far you go, the longer becomes the path, so you've to go faster. The closer you come the shorter the path becomes so you can decelerate and fly slower. I bet that mayr flyies closer than the others.
Mekes sense to me...
Cheers
G.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:29 AM
jaaskela

Hey, muchos gracias to the spanish team for the videos. Slow & up close seems to be the the current trend, it's also intreresting to see that CPLR's style has perhaps become a bit less dynamic and his snaps are not as "furious" and slam-bang as they used to be back in 2005...

Can't wait for the 2011 worlds @ Muncie, I can already imagine the daily video coverage on "that other site"
Old 09-10-2010, 02:48 AM
guille2006

Will be interesting indeed... US tendency this last NAT was to fly fast, big and far.
Guille
Old 09-10-2010, 06:12 AM
Tangy Tom

US tendency this last NAT was to fly fast, big and far
Awesome. Hopefully next years Worlds will be more about precision than style, power plant and what team you fly for. Also, no judge 10 please!
Old 09-10-2010, 06:12 AM
Velco

Hello,

I was in Austria for the semi finals and finals. I am not an expert but I can tell this regarding the speed CPLR, Mayr and Seba fly. CPLR is the fastest and when without mistakes his flying still looks the best, especially the way he connects different figures, most fluid definitively. Mayr is something in between the 2 in terms of speed and looks very precise. Seba's bipe is absolutely the slowest plane! Sometimes it was so slow it seemed to stop in the air. What Seba is missing is the fluidity of CPLR, IMHO. One more thing should be said is that semifinals were held in zero wind conditions and very low wind for the finals, it just increased towards the end.

I have a video of unknown 2 both from Seba and CPLR, I will try to upload in the following days.

One thing also has to be mentioned, charisma is a word unknown to CPLR while Seba has plenty to share ...

Also the flying which most impressed me was Marco's, 14yrs old guy from Italy. His time is definitively coming. 

Velco

Old 09-10-2010, 12:09 PM
highfly3D

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This was the first time i saw CPLR do slow snap rolls did any one notice that? earlier i use to see CPLR do tight & fast snap rolls.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:53 PM
macleote

ORIGINAL: Velco

One thing also has to be mentioned, charisma is a word unknown to CPLR while Seba has plenty to share
Do not confuse charisma and shyness, those who have already seen Christophe anger can confirm
Old 09-12-2010, 04:58 PM
NJRCFLYER2
My Feedback: (42)

his flying still looks the best, especially the way he connects different figures, most fluid definitively
Are extra points awarded for "the most fluidity" when connecting different figures? Perhaps I should ask instead, what is the downgrade for not being fluid enough? I can't find it in the rulebook. I did find this however:

5B.7.1 LINES

All aerobatic manoeuvres are started and ended by a horizontal line of recognisable distance. When no
horizontal line is flown between two manoeuvres, the just-completed manoeuvre must be downgraded by
1 point, and the upcoming manoeuvre must be downgraded by 1 point. Horizontal flying between
manoeuvres which is not considered part of the exit or entry, must be observed, but not judged for quality.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:42 AM
guille2006

ORIGINAL: NJRCFLYER2

his flying still looks the best, especially the way he connects different figures, most fluid definitively
Are extra points are awarded for ''the most fluidity'' when connecting different figures? Perhaps I should ask instead, what is the downgrade for not being fluid enough? I can't find it in the rulebook. I did find this however:

5B.7.1 LINES

All aerobatic manoeuvres are started and ended by a horizontal line of recognisable distance. When no
horizontal line is flown between two manoeuvres, the just-completed manoeuvre must be downgraded by
1 point, and the upcoming manoeuvre must be downgraded by 1 point. Horizontal flying between
manoeuvres which is not considered part of the exit or entry, must be observed, but not judged for quality.

A constant horizontal line lenght comes to my mind in the same manner than the loop/half/quarter loops contant radio...
Old 09-13-2010, 03:03 AM
Rendegade

I don't recall there ever being an abitrary length for the line though.

IMO if the break between maneuvres is enough to be noticed as a break, then that's enough. If you want to make the maneuvres larger and the breaks smaller then you can.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:55 AM
Freddy
My Feedback: (3)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Ed:
Of course they reward smoothness and gracefullness! Where have you been! We are humans not robots. This is not all/only about cut and dry geometry and rulebooks. This is a judgement sport, an aerial ballet similar to Olympic diving or figure skating.
Hey I heard you met my good friend Sergio Zamora in NJ.
Cheers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.