Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR Propo (JAPAN) 11x Zero and DSX11

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 08:54 AM
Four Stroker

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: JR Propo (JAPAN) 11x Zero and DSX11

Turbotronic,

What do you mean by uses a single DSSS channel to re-sync ?

It has also been reported that the receivers are also the same hardware.

Reports from people in the UK who have tested the DSMJ with real equipment indicate that it is nothing more than a minimalist software patch to get around the Japanese laws. This was done in anticipation of similar rulings in the EU. If you want the advantages of a (hybrid) FHSS system, then buy Futaba, Airtronics, Hitec.

Spektrum is in the mode of profit taking and has no intention of redesigning their system.

Now is the time for all Spektrum groupies and sponsored pilots to jump in and insists that it is in fact the crown of creation now and will never need updating. All crashes at large events are pilot error.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:21 AM
CustomPC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Four Stroker

Reports from people in the UK who have tested the DSMJ with real equipment indicate that it is nothing more than a minimalist software patch to get around the Japanese laws. This was done in anticipation of similar rulings in the EU. If you want the advantages of a (hybrid) FHSS system, then buy Futaba, Airtronics, Hitec.
Do you have links to these discussions? I would like to read them.

A 2nd hand grey import DSX7 in DSM-J turned up on ebay here and i grabbed it for an attractively low price solely to satisfy my curiosity about how DSM-J works. So far i haven't been able to find much info at all.

I have a Wi-Spy and will check it out sometime next week.

Just so you know i am not a FanBoy. I've never liked Spektrum and DSM2. I was an avid user of JR Radios but switched to Futaba and Airtronics for my 2.4Ghz equipment. My current main radio is a Futaba 10CHG.

Old 08-08-2010, 06:46 AM
pitstop000
My Feedback: (26)

ORIGINAL: slarty

Please keep us informed when you receive it and tested it for Model Match.

My New JR 11xZero (module System) with RD1231 receiver should be here Monday.

Comes with an English manual and a US charger, makes me wonder? $700 shipped.

Have 2 of the newly released RD735 Carbon Fuse receivers on order. Next week for them.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23412.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	1480604  
Old 08-15-2010, 05:20 PM
pitstop000

Just a little update and some pictures.

<o></o>

The radio was originally in mode one heli, changed over to mode 2 but left the smooth throttle due to my preference, the ratchet spring for throttle is also included with extra control labels for your preference.

<o></o>

The radio has 4 modulations

<o></o>

DSM 11 Channels

SPCM 10 Channels

PPM9 9 channels

PPM8 8 channels

<o></o>

In DSM 11, the radio does have Model Match, and Servo Sync and all DSM features.

<o></o>

The manual is 127 pages long and very informative, with more information than I’ve seen in other copies thus far and JR’s take on 2.4 GHz.

<o></o>

Now I have many options to choose from for my modulation,

I can continue to use my 72 MHz model airplane only frequency equipment, my FASST 2.4 equipment, my new DSMJ and FrSky equipment all in one radio. I can soon retire my last 10X radio, maybe! Still my favorite Radio.

This one is growing on me, very comfortable to hold and use.

Name:	Mk27394.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	1484507   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs58849.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	1484508   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bg93943.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	1484509   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ib82800.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	1484510   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mx22081.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	1484511   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hy34180.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	1484512  
Old 08-15-2010, 06:00 PM
CustomPC

Can i ask where you got it and how much it cost.

I'm seriously thinking of buying the Modular 11X Zero in DSM-J but also with a DSM2 module so i can use it with bind and fly stuff too.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:22 AM
CPS

I also got my new 11X last months and I used it for previous old PCM system. I only don't like its charger.The receiver battery charge end only suitable to the JR specific battery because its theraml check tip.It is very unbelievable !I can't use it for other receiver battery.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:16 AM
pitstop000

ORIGINAL: CustomPC

Can i ask where you got it and how much it cost.

I'm seriously thinking of buying the Modular 11X Zero in DSM-J but also with a DSM2 module so i can use it with bind and fly stuff too.

I paid $650 for the radio with the 12 channel receiver, paid for it Thursday night, was shipped and in the US on Sat morning, entered US customs and delivered on Monday to me. I paid $50 for the expedited shipping. I did have $3.41 charge from the US customs department on top of the $700.

We did find the radio at a slightly better price than this from another supplier, but we have used them before for JR products that are not available in the US and have never had any problems. There are a lot of great shops/proprietors overseas, only the language can sometimes be the barrier.

I will be getting another one of these for back up.

Old 08-21-2010, 08:26 AM
pitstop000

Here is some more info on the 11x-Zero

<o></o>

<o></o>

http://www.macgregor.co.uk/jrpropo/11x-zero.htm

Old 08-28-2010, 07:22 AM
pitstop000

DSMJ and other "hopping" systems like FASST or FHSS can be sold in Japan, Europe and most parts of the world.
ONLY if it has CE certification... (which it hasn't as yet)

It has been.

Name:	Ec87758.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	1491383  
Old 08-28-2010, 08:18 AM
slarty

The CE mark is only on the radio and NOT on the module. Therefore it has not been CE tested. And anyway, I have this from direct from JR in Japan.

Not that it matters as DSMJ will be dropped soon in favour of DMSS.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:41 AM
pitstop000

Thanks for the clarification, I should have realized that.

<o></o>

Yes, will be waiting to see what transpires,
could never understand why JR would use a Distributor/Competitors technology (Spektrum) and be associated with all the problems.
I hope they distance them from spekrtrum. I would never use a distributor/manufacturer that has their own line in direct competition.
At one time Horizon was known for JR, now . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..

Old 08-28-2010, 08:58 AM
CustomPC

What is DMSS?
Old 08-28-2010, 09:15 AM
pitstop000

Could it be?

Dual modulation spectrum system

http://forum.rc-holic.com/viewthread.php?tid=2710

Name:	Lj22788.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	1491409  
Old 08-28-2010, 11:04 AM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay, I'm confused.

pitstop000 just bought a REALLY nice-looking, cutting-edge JR radio... and its technology is about to be superseded?

Old 08-28-2010, 11:11 AM
HunkaJunk

I might consider one of these 11X systems if they had FCC certification, without that it's not even legal to import to the USA. I have no problems with my DSM2, 3500+ flights and I was unaware of "problems" with it until I joined RCU. The reason I haven't considered one of the current DSM2 11X systems yet is that they are being released with a 9 channel RX, so I just figured what's the point, I don't need 11 channels to operate a 9 channel RX. I already have a 9303.
Old 08-28-2010, 01:05 PM
tadawson

The 11X Zero is modular, and the only thing that needs FCC cert is the module, so put your US legal module in the 11X, and you are legal and good to go!

This is also a classic example why I flat out *REFUSE* to purchase/own a radio that is non-modular! Modularity makes you future proof, and this is a classic example!

And a big "No Thanks!" to Horizon for choosing to cripple every doggone JR radio they bring into the stated with non-modularity! JR had it right . . . why in the world they
think they know better escapes me, other that perhaps to shove more DSM2 down folks throats! I just wish that the 12X (non-us - IE modular) was compatible with legacy
RF modules - if so, I'd probably own one by now . . .

- Tim
Old 08-28-2010, 02:59 PM
HunkaJunk

I should have been more clear in my post, Although the 11X Zero may be modular, the DSMJ Module is not FCC cetified, So I'll just stick with what I have, and maybe wait for an 11X DSM2 to come with a 11 channel RX, I prefer Non modular systems, one less point of problem / failure IMO. Having owned 2 different modular systems in the past I'll choose non-modular.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:35 PM
tadawson

My point was simply that the international 11X is not crippled by not having a module slot, unlike the Horizon/US variant. You *CAN* legally get the 11X Zero, and then fit whatever RF deck you want, unlike the Horizon bodge that is stuck on DSM-2 only.

Oh, and the supposed "non-modular" systems from Horizon are still connectorized internally - all they did was change the case so that you can't remove the module. Electrically, they are identical . . . so you really are not saving any complexity, connectors, etc. - just crippling yourself . . .

- Tim
Old 08-28-2010, 04:23 PM
pitstop000

ORIGINAL: Steve Campbell

Okay, I'm confused.

pitstop000 just bought a REALLY nice-looking, cutting-edge JR radio... and its technology is about to be superseded?

This is exactly the reason to stay modular. I’ve had my suspicions that JR had its own system in the works. I wouldn’t trust my good name to a competitor, IMOit's the best move for JR to drop Spektrum/Horizon for their RF in the 2.4 band, be it DSM2, DSMJ or whatever name you want to give it, even better use another distributor that doesn’t have their own line competing directly against you. What radio do you think Horizon wants to sell? And bring back the lower JR model radios in the US for newcomers to the Hobby for obvious reasons. JR has been forced to deal with a lot of bad press because the technology wasn’t theirs.
The whole point is not to be forced by a distributor to buy the same radio in just a new RF, All those 9303 users that went out and had to buy the Native system to get some of the DSM features and then soon the release of the 9503 for a couple of more features and then the 11x, this whole scenario was in such a close time frame, Horizon did this for only one thing. . . . . . . .
The JR 11xZero module based radio has all the features of a Native system, be it DSM2 or DSMJ and upgradable by module and software by the end user. What else could you ask from JR!
Old 08-28-2010, 04:35 PM
tadawson

Exactly!

And Horizon has done a good job supporting the myth that dedicated is somehow better! NOT!

- Tim
Old 08-28-2010, 04:45 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Dedicated used to be better when the module based radios didn't have servo synch, model match etc.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:02 PM
tadawson

As I said . . . a myth they allow to perpetuate, which was only true for a fairly short period of time, and only one some radios . . . . and any of the new dedicated radios could have easily been built modular, with absolutely no deficiencies whatsoever . . . the issue only ever applied to adding modules to "legacy" radios.

- Tim
Old 08-28-2010, 05:05 PM
pitstop000

ORIGINAL: tadawson

My point was simply that the international 11X is not crippled by not having a module slot, unlike the Horizon/US variant. You *CAN* legally get the 11X Zero, and then fit whatever RF deck you want, unlike the Horizon bodge that is stuck on DSM-2 only.

Oh, and the supposed "non-modular" systems from Horizon are still connectorized internally - all they did was change the case so that you can't remove the module. Electrically, they are identical . . . so you really are not saving any complexity, connectors, etc. - just crippling yourself . . .

- Tim
As Tim stated, even the Horizon JR11x2.4 is module based, except it’s held in place by a screw and clip on the inside of the TX. You can remove it, and fish out the antenna wire, I just don’t know if horizon has blocked the modulation menu.
What did everyone think; JR would build a special Horizon version of the radio that permanently cripples the End user by locking them in to their Spektrum DSM2 RF only, especially if they were working on their own RF system, and they were.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:41 PM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I THINK I understand your explanation, pitstop... and I am well aware that while JR may have our best interests at heart, Horizon has Horizon's best interests at heart. I flew JR for almost ten years... and leave the rest unsaid.

The Empire is no better... but Futaba always has always had their act together, in my experience. The Empire just reaps the rewards.

Anyway... there is enough controversy surrounding all this 2.4 stuff to make my decision to stay with 72mHz quite easy...

Old 08-28-2010, 07:57 PM
HunkaJunk

Back when I flew 72 MHZ module based systems in a crowded environment, I often changed out modules, which led to my problems and eventually I decided not to use them anymore. My experience has been there is indeed a drawback to module based systems, at least if you are changing modules a lot, as I did.

However, I will say that in a 2.4GHZ modular system there should be a lot less need to change out the module, thus putting less wear on connectors and such. I guess if you feel "crippled" by a non modular system then buy a modular one. But I do not feel crippled or handicapped in any way, and no one shoves anything down my throat PERIOD.

ORIGINAL: tadawson

- Tim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.