RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Regional Racers & Bashers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/)
-   -   Charlottesville Racers Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/2989523-charlottesville-racers-thread.html)

dockman2 07-13-2005 10:25 PM

RE: Charlottesville Racers Thread

Mike- Yeah, those guys getting ready to pass you!;)

Glad to see Bill is still living even if his humor is still sad. The rest of you just seem bored or have waaaayyy to much time on your hands.
Has anyone spoken to Wayne or Eddie? I was just curious about if they or anyone else wanted to run at Waynes this weekend. Someone screwed up my plans to run there last weekend so I was thinking about trying again this weekend. We really need to get out there and run on it to get it in shape for racing.

SManMTB 07-14-2005 12:12 AM

Hmmm..... maybe

slicks 07-14-2005 06:39 AM

Mike -- THANK YOU for using the english language and for asking a question. You need a charger to charge that batt pack obviously - but I am sure you already know that. Sounds like you are set to go. You won't believe how much of a difference that servo is going to make!

To the rest of you GEEKS..........$_))(&*^#+32$(%_33$#@(92;;?>> &#@(%^+ AND THE HORSE YOU RODE IN ON!!!!

trackman 07-14-2005 06:44 AM

hey kevin wayne came by this morning. he said everyone is welcome to come out to his house and run.
he has a little bit of grass in spots but most of it he has gotten rid of.
the best thing for his track is to just run on it.
matt im not changing everything just putting the straightaway back in.
that will give you a chance to clear out the motor.

slicks 07-14-2005 06:49 AM

Hey Scott - how did your track hold up with all of the rain yesterday? Or didn't it hit you? Did Wayne say if he has plans on putting in stairs or a ramp for the drivers stand?

Have a great time at the beach.

slicks 07-14-2005 06:57 AM

Looks like it is going to be another hot one this weekend --- so I'll probably just stay home and work on Amanda's buggy - we need to get going on that thing.

trackman 07-14-2005 07:24 AM

JOEL I DIDNT THINK TO ASK ABOUT THE STEPS . I WILL HAVE A BIT OF WHEEL BARREL WORK TO DO
WHEN I GET BACK.WE GOT A LOT OF RAIN BUT IT DIDNT WASH AS BAD AS I THOUGHT IT WOULD.
ILL BE BACK EARLY TO WORK ON THE TRACK SO IT WILL BE READY.STUMPY IS CONTRIBUTING SOME
PRIZES SO WE WILL SEE HOW IT GOES. MAYBE WE CAN DO IT ONCE AND AWHILE TO HAVE SOMETHING
DIFFERENT. WE WILL PROBABLY BREAK DOWN INTO TWO GROUPS TO MAKE IT FAIR FOR EVERYONE.
THE WAY AMANDA DROVE MY BUGGY SHE WONT BE IN THE 2ND GROUP VERY LONG.
I CAN FEEL THE HEAT !!!

fourwheels0 07-14-2005 09:51 AM

CHARGER? yes i'm using the humpack AND charger from the savage. but it's been too hot to run this @*&%^$)(!$% thing. i can't wait to see the differance. TO EVERYBODY we need to go and run the dog snot out of WAYNE'S track. ( this weekend )? see ya:D

slicks 07-14-2005 10:30 AM

Scott -- so it looks like the "big" race will be the 24th of July. Let me know when you are going to do the track work and if I can get out there (Aaron is working 2nd shift during the week and uses one of the cars) I'll come out and give you a hand.

hhhmmm......... that will probably be the 1st day Amanda gets to run her new buggy - I'll just have to set it up with the changes you told me to make to mine last weekend........man we have a lot of work to do! I know she wants to paint the buggy body herself - but we may need help in getting the body cut-out, would you be able to do that on that weekend? If it would help - I can try (again car situation) to get out there with the body on that Saturday.

Mike - if you go out to Wayne's have a blast!

fourwheels0 07-14-2005 12:33 PM

kevin you haven't seen me drive. remember i'm used to driving a mt. if i can't pass it i'll run it over[sm=lol.gif] or use CREATIVE driving skill's.:D:D:D oh i almost forgot are you going out to wayne's any time soon. i want to go out there and help get it ready. let me know i'll pm you my #

trackman 07-14-2005 01:19 PM

HMM BILL THAT NAME SOUNDS FAMILIAR. I THINK I USED TO KNOW SOMEONE BY THAT NAME.
HEY THAT MIGHT BE THAT GUY WHO WONT TALK TO ME!

MAYBE HIS PHONE IS BROKE. HAHAHA[:'(]

trackman 07-14-2005 02:10 PM

JOEL I WILL POST WHEN I GET BACK. PROBABLY THUR.
STARTED ON RODNEYS BUGGY LAST NIGHT.WILL TRY TO WORK ON IT TONIGHT.
IF HE HAS A MOTOR READY NEXT WEEKEND HE SHOULD BE SET.
LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED HELP WITH AMANDAS RIDE.

ZRaceman01 07-14-2005 03:36 PM

hey my dad is going to put the steps up saturday. I ran my four wheeler on the track and was sliding on the grass to eat it away and it worked and packed it down some. so we might need some help on saturday. so please come out.

kevin call scott and get my dads number and talk to my dad about saturday.

friday is my birthday. i am going to get a 777. I am going to put it together my self after I get my shock towers and my racing chassis and braces. they are going to match my body.

forget yellow go blue

octospider0 07-14-2005 04:45 PM

ORIGINAL: trackman

HMM BILL THAT NAME SOUNDS FAMILIAR. I THINK I USED TO KNOW SOMEONE BY THAT NAME.
HEY THAT MIGHT BE THAT GUY WHO WONT TALK TO ME!

MAYBE HIS PHONE IS BROKE. HAHAHA[:'(]

put the crack pipe down! just walk away from it. It isnt good for you!

been a crazy week, and if i remember correctly, when you called and found out i was busy you said you would call back. maybe your phone is broke??

slicks 07-14-2005 08:11 PM

Happy Bday Eddie! Monday was Amanda's Bday.

Scott -- I think that the only thing I'll need help with is cutting out the body -- just no good with scissors.

Stopped in at Stampy's tonight around 8:00 -- no one there but Rodney and Stampy. I just wanted to see what kind of Kyosho parts Stampy got in. He hasn't checked them in yet - I don't need anything - just looking.

Eddie - I don't think I'll be able to get out there on Saturday to help - my son has my car all day on Saturday (for work) and my wife will be at school.....Hopefully there will be a group of guys that can show up though --

SO --- everyone that can make it out to Wayne's on Saturday - PLEASE DO SO - some of us have been out there a couple of times to help out - it is a lot of fun AND the track looks like it is going to be a blast to run on -- but the drivers stand is a must so you can see the whole track. If you haven't been out there - trust me the drivers stand needs stairs!!!

Super_Dave 07-14-2005 09:46 PM

Happy Birthday Amanda and Eddie!

Lexan body sissors are really easy to use they cut lexan like a warm knife through butter. We have a really cheap set that comes with a body reemer down at Stumpys ;) and thats what I use.

dockman2 07-14-2005 10:20 PM

Eddie I have your Dads number. I will plan on coming out Saturday to help with the track and do some running.
If you want a 777 I will sell you one. Its already built with servos, motor, Jammin JP-2 pipe, all new, never been run. I dont really want it. If you dont want the motor or whatever I can take them out. This goes for anyone else also that is interested. Pay me what it cost me and its yours.

Mike I got you PM and I will give you a call on Saturday. Im also planning on running there on Sunday. If we get stuff done on Saturday we could race there on Sunday. Someone just needs to get the computer and printer from Scott.

dockman2 07-14-2005 10:31 PM

By the way Eddie the buggy kit cost me $255, $110 for OS RG, $60 for Fut. 3305 and 3010 servos, pipe was $65. Plus $20 for receiver pack and $60 for Crimefighters. Thats $570 for the whole package. If there are items you dont want just subtract it from the price. Hell if someone wants the whole package but needs a radio I will put in an OFNA Tx/Rx for free.

slicks 07-15-2005 06:56 AM

oh I have the lexan scissors -- I am just no good with them -- and a newly painted body is not the item to practice on! It's the whole eye/hand coordination thing -

Glad to hear that folks are planning to head out to help Wayne ---

Hey Scott - have a fun and safe holiday at the beach........and watch out for the crazies.

fourwheels0 07-15-2005 01:10 PM

watch out for the crazies? he's going to the beach to get away from the crazies. aka all of US.[sm=bananahead.gif][sm=bananahead.gif][sm=bananahead.gif]

Alpharaptor 07-15-2005 04:36 PM

Scott should bring along one of his stadium trucks, and some paddle tires...

...rooster tails anyone? :D

Oh yea, and plenty of WD-40!

fourwheels0 07-15-2005 04:59 PM

rooster tails mmm they go good with chicken.:D

Big Stampy 07-15-2005 05:02 PM

kyosho parts are finally in and fairly complete. no blue springs :( they will be in next week

fourwheels0 07-15-2005 08:43 PM

stampy i got some part numbers for that glow plug head lock they are #dyn7682 or #mcd450 either one looks like they will work. see ya. mike:D

Big Stampy 07-16-2005 08:04 AM

thanks, i'll get them ordered