RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Regional Racers & Bashers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/)
-   -   Charlottesville Racers Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/2989523-charlottesville-racers-thread.html)

slicks 08-16-2005 01:15 PM

RE: Charlottesville Racers Thread

Kevin -- that is funny --- maybe it is meant to be!

Hey Scott -- I just got back from checking out your track -- had a little standing water on it by the white pipe on the inside turn and the dirt was still soft in several spots. If it doesn't rain again - the track will probably be great at about 4:30 this evening. Oh - well there is always the weekend... Are you going to be racing at your place on Saturday - I may be able to make it out there around 1:00 on Saturday.

I haven't run my buggy in 2 weeks and am getting real itchy to do so!!

trackman 08-16-2005 02:37 PM

if people want to run sat thats fine.i"ll be at work sat morning.
i put some dirt beside the pipe to slow down the water thinking it wouldnt rut so bad.
maybe it was a bad idea.

slicks 08-16-2005 04:23 PM

the rest of the track looked in good shape - considering the rain we had last night (Monday) it looked great -- so your idea was probably a good one. I guess the real tale is what the track looked like after this afternoons rain shower. If these showers keep up all week the track will have a lot of traction this weekend!

I am going to try to be out there Saturday afternoon - is the race at your place this Sunday?

503 08-16-2005 09:17 PM

Joel Im sorry I did'nt mean for you to think I gave the 18t to Shawn, I took as if you felt I owned to many r/c cars witch I do no matter I have sold 7 of them. I was just reminding Scott to make shore the battery was charged before Shawn birthday (you know kids dont under stand when the battery is died). I hope no ones fealings were hurt if so Im sorry.

"503"[:@]

dockman2 08-16-2005 10:22 PM

Yeah Joel I thought it was funny also. It just reminded me of my Dad when you said that. Maybe thats why Im always saying "Your smarter than the average bear BooBoo" to people.
Anywho, if you guys want to run longer mains this weekend let me know. I got the computer from Scott to use at Waynes last weekend but that turned out to be a bust. I can change the computer setup, just let me know.

SManMTB 08-16-2005 11:33 PM

Let's go for the full hour A-main. :D

slicks 08-17-2005 07:43 AM

Joel Im sorry I did'nt mean for you to think I gave the 18t to Shawn, I took as if you felt I owned to many r/c cars witch I do no matter I have sold 7 of them. I was just reminding Scott to make shore the battery was charged before Shawn birthday (you know kids dont under stand when the battery is died). I hope no ones fealings were hurt if so Im sorry.

"503"

Rdoney -- no problem - I didn't think you were responding to me so no problem.

trackman 08-17-2005 07:44 AM

if we go one hour we need to either move the fridg or hire a bartender.
a hooters girl would be nice!!!

slicks 08-17-2005 07:56 AM

I say we go for 10 minute mains at Scott's. There is not a lot of extra space for pitt stops and it will give everyone some practice on refueling etc. Although Dave was correct in that it really wasn't a problem at Amherst. Lenny (Dave's dad) did a great job of refilling or tanks (Dave's, Amanda's and mine) - as Dave said we just worked it out between us on the stand the order we would refuel in and how we would communicate to each other - that and the refueling gun was a real time saver. I think that Scott won a fuel gun at the last race - so if we have one gun with Blue Thunder and the other with Red Alert we can each take turns refilling the gun from our own fuel and that would make refueling a lot better. Hey Dave is your dad going to come down for the race on the 11th? That would be great as he was a great pitt man when it came to refueling.

YOGI (Kevin) - no power at Wayne's to run the computer last weekend?

A one hour main - Christian you crack me up! Although I agree with Scott - we would need a bar out there if we did that!

dockman2 08-17-2005 08:47 AM

Joel there was no PEOPLE at Waynes last week. I think it was Waynes anniversary, Scott was taking a break, you and Amanda werent there, and Eddie said he wasnt coming. I did ride by and Little Stampy was practicing but that was it. Not sure what happened to everyone else. I guess they saw everyone was taking off so they did to.

SManMTB 08-17-2005 09:11 AM

OK, maybe 1 hour is too much. :D

How about 15 mins? It gives you more time to calm down and get in the groove. The consistent driver will win.

Big Stampy 08-17-2005 09:12 AM

Chris--Be sure to bring extra pickled herring to Amherst. Sour cream too please!

SManMTB 08-17-2005 09:16 AM

ORIGINAL: Big Stampy

Chris--Be sure to bring extra pickled herring to Amherst. Sour cream too please!
:D:D Sure will!

I've heard Bill is a huge fan of that stuff.

slicks 08-17-2005 11:15 AM

15 minutes will work - we just need to make sure that we have enough people to marshall and do the pitt stops/refueling. Lets try it.

Can we try to start the races by 2:00 p.m.? I know it is going to be hot on Sunday and I complain the most about that - but school starts on Monday and Amanda has stuff to do Sunday evenings now for school etc... So - if we can start the races at 2:00 and keep them moving - I'll stop complaining about the weather :D.

I may have to try that herring next time around!

slicks 08-17-2005 11:30 AM

hhhmmm -- no one raced last weekend at Waynes? Interesting..........

I guess everyone needed some time off.

fourwheels0 08-17-2005 12:30 PM

hey joel the only people that showed up at was me,little stampy and his dad,wayne,and mike and his son. just did a little tuning and such. man was it HOT!!! my buggy has been taken over by the devil and i'm letting him do what he want's with it. haha. FORCE 26 in english mean's may the force not be with you. P.S. this buggy will soon be reduced to a project truggy. :D

fourwheels0 08-17-2005 12:36 PM

hey scott beer and hooters or is it beer and shooters. anyway you look it's all good. maybe we can have a keg under the drivers stand and run a tap up top. just self serve no need for a bartender but still have the girls for incentive.:D

slicks 08-17-2005 01:33 PM

Mike - if you turn that buggy into a truggy ---does that mean no more 8th scale buggies? Or do you have something in the works? Shoot - why don't you work out a deal with YOGI (Kevin) on one of the buggies he has for sale?

I read in another thread here that one of the problems with the Force .26 is that the timming is too far advanced and that what is needed to be done is to add one or two head shims and that that takes care of the problem. Might be worth a try and not too expensive either.

I know that I need to get off of my duff and start to work on all the ofna stuff I now have - - I can put together a buggy easily I even have a new chassis for it. hhhmmm........ maybe a winter project? Doing the maintenance and cleaning of 2 buggies takes up most of my spare time and for some reason Amanda's buggy always brings home a couple pounds of dirt!

Hey Scott -- how did the track do with the storm yesterday afternoon? Is it still looking good?

trackman 08-17-2005 01:46 PM

Joel not as good as it was but it will be by the weekend. as for Amandas buggy i thought i seen you putting
mud and rocks in her buggy. lets not slow her up lets speed you up.She has already taught Rodney how
to drive[kinda of] im sure she wont mind helping you!!!!:D:D:D

slicks 08-17-2005 02:50 PM

OH MAN - I DIDN'T THINK ANYONE NOTICED ME DOING THAT! :D

Yeah - Since yesterday was the last day of my vacation - I wanted to get some track time in but the weather didn't cooperate at all as the track was still muddy at around 1:30. Yep everyone has improved greatly except for me. But - with no depth perception I just have to work harder at it and get more practice time in..........hhhmmm now if I could only win the lottery :). Hey - I know what we could do -- seeing as I only have the use of one eye how about if everyone has to wear an eye patch over one eye when we race at your place and that would even things up real quick :D :D.....I think I like that idea!

Hey Stampy - were you able to find those parts?

503 08-17-2005 03:00 PM

Scott all I need is a motor for my Kyosho and I will have everything, do you have any old motors or any one else who wants to sell it for cheap untile I can get the one I want.

I just might start surprizing everyone. Who knows?

"503"[:@]

trackman 08-17-2005 03:09 PM

im just pickin joel. your doing fine. dont have anyone to pick on since bill has not been around.
but if you think it will help we can take a collection and get you a seeing eye dog!!:):):)

Big Stampy 08-17-2005 03:15 PM

I have an old Cox .10 here Rodney. No luck on those parts Joel. The only site I found was in the Orient.

fourwheels0 08-17-2005 04:09 PM

joel ya i ordered some shims but i have to wait till they come in. i tryed some other one's but couldn't find any that fit. truggy won't be for a little while i'm not quite done with this one yet. oh yes there is somthing else in the works but i can't say because the devil might hear. haha. and it's not an OFNA!!!!! see ya:D

slicks 08-17-2005 07:32 PM

A seeing eye dog that might work -- but with my luck the stupid dog would drive better than me :D:D:D -- not a problem Scott - I can take it!

Mike - it will be interesting to see if the engine shims work on that Force engine. Hope that that takes care of the tuning problems and lets you get some more life out of that bad boy.

Hey Rodney - I have an engine you can have - doesn't work - but that shouldn't make much difference to you - as your engines don't start half the time anyways!:) All kidding aside - do you still have that sleeve for the torq .21? If you do I still have a torq engine that I may be talked into selling.

Scott you are correct in that we haven't seen Bill lately --- BILL COME BACK!!!!