RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Regional Racers & Bashers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/)
-   -   Charlottesville Racers Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/2989523-charlottesville-racers-thread.html)

dockman2 08-17-2005 10:01 PM

RE: Charlottesville Racers Thread

Joel I tried to tell Mike before I had a new 777 built and ready to sell but he bought the OFNA anyway. If I got off my butt and ran my Xray I think I would be the only Non-777 out there.

dockman2 08-17-2005 10:17 PM

Hey Bill I see you. So you are still living. I tried to call you Sunday about running at Waynes. Whats up? Give me a call, Ill be up for a while.

dockman2 08-17-2005 10:19 PM

Hey guys Im going to set the Amain up for 15min but leave the lower mains at 5min if thats cool with everyone. If not let me know and I will change it.

SManMTB 08-17-2005 11:21 PM

Cool

Smokinjoe6450 08-18-2005 06:15 AM

Hey guys:

Let me know when you set a definate time for Sundays race. Barring a natural disater, I will be there. I will also have the fliers for the Sept 11 race. I will be working on the track next week. The rains we have been getting has really made it nice and tacky. It is like a different track.

Big Stampy - I can't seem to upload my pictures onto the flyer (I am computer stupid), so I will do it manually and get them to you this weekend.

Also, are you guys going to be running trucks? I was thinking of bringing my Revo if you are.

Joe

slicks 08-18-2005 06:51 AM

I agree with Christian --- lets give the 15 minute A main a try.

Joe - I know I'll try to be out at Scott's on Sunday around noon -- personally, I would like to see the race start at 2:00 p.m. sharp - but that is just me.

dockman2 08-18-2005 09:23 AM

I guess Scott is going to start by 2:00 like normal. Ive changed the setup on the computer to 15min for the Amain.

trackman 08-18-2005 09:34 AM

2 pm is fine. ready or not we start at 2.
Joe you can bring your truck but nobody has been running them.

fourwheels0 08-18-2005 09:39 AM

hey kevin did you get my pm. i not sure if it went through. if not call me.:D

dockman2 08-18-2005 10:14 AM

I sent one back to you last night. Off to work, later Kevin

slicks 08-18-2005 12:40 PM

HEY BILL --- are you going to be out at Scott's this Sunday?

Alpharaptor 08-18-2005 02:19 PM

I may or may not make it, my bro is leaving for JMU next monday so, I'll see. The 15min A-main sounds like it'll be fun, and a true test. [8D]

octospider0 08-18-2005 05:49 PM

ORIGINAL: slicks

HEY BILL --- are you going to be out at Scott's this Sunday?

dont know yet, trying to work it out

trackman 08-19-2005 06:01 AM

hope you make it bill. i want another crack at tuning that hyper.
took a good look at the track thur. night. its ROUGH
runable but rough.

slicks 08-19-2005 07:11 AM

I looked at Scott's track on Tuesday afternoon (about 1:30) and it looked ok too muddy to run on but in good shape. NOW with all the rain that we have had it will be a real challenge. I just checked the weather for Sunday and they (who ever "they" are) are predicting a real hot one for Sunday - I think that we will need to take up a collection for Scott's air conditioner in his work shed!

Just remember everyone -- the order to being able to go in to Scott's building to cool off is: 1st - ownership; 2nd - age; 3rd - I really don't care the rest of you can battle it out after that!!

Hey Stampy - were you able to find those parts?

Bill - I hope that everything is ok with you and that you can make it out to Scott's on Sunday.

trackman 08-19-2005 07:49 AM

joel its probably the worst its been all summer. i will work on it tonight if its dry.
i still need to finish a truck im working on now.
the a.c. is a benefit to those who bring refreshments. that already includes you
and several others. the rain has gotten rid of all the loose dirt. might try knuckles
this weekend.
i made some setup changes on my buggy. cant post what it is.someone might
read it.[jr] i'll let him figure it out on sun.

slicks 08-19-2005 09:17 AM

Hey Scott ---

Man - it seems like ages since I have talked with you! If you left the track alone - did nothing to it - would running a bunch of 8th scale buggies on it Saturday and Sunday knock it back in to shape? The last time I looked at the forecast - they were calling for a possibility of rain on Saturday - so you may want to wait on working the track as more rain might undue all your hard work. I would come out to help you tonight - but the High School Marching band is putting on a little show for the parents tonight (Amanda is on the Flag Team) - so we will be going to that.

I have been looking at those "Mugshot" pro-line tires that Stampy has - what do you think about those? Hard packed surface w/ no dust???

I made a couple of changes to my set-up too -- I'll explain when I see you this weekend - so you can let me know what you think.

trackman 08-19-2005 10:30 AM

Yeah joel more than likely ill leave it alone. we can run like it is just a little rocky looking. what ever
i patch will just come out on sun. atleast like it is theres no loose dirt or dust. i did go out and sweep up
the rocks that have piled up around the edges. i geuss the best thing to do is just run on it.
we will cut a new groove.

Super_Dave 08-21-2005 02:16 AM

Joel the mug shots are complete opposite. Loose dirt only just because of the wide space between the treads. They look like they would be best on something more like loose topsoil. If you have wide spaced tread like that then you don't have a lot of tire touching the ground thats why the knuckles have tight packed tread to get as much tire on the hard pack blue groove tracks as possible giving you more traction. They probly will do decent on hardpack but not as good as the knuckles. They should hook up pretty well on Wayne's as long as it stays a little loose there.

Smokinjoe6450 08-21-2005 06:41 AM

Just checking to see if many people are going to get out and race today. Going to be a scorcher. [:@] If it is anything like yesterday.....yikes.

dockman2 08-21-2005 07:30 AM

Joe as far as I know everybodys planning on coming out to race today. Scott built a new starting gate last night. Its a much improved design and I think everyone will be impressed. It should make the starts much better.

Big Stampy 08-21-2005 08:35 AM

Wish I could be there but something came up.

SManMTB 08-21-2005 10:27 AM

I'm getting ready now.

Super_Dave 08-21-2005 08:22 PM

Very good clean racing today it was a lot of fun even though I got 2nd yet again :). Everyone seemed to have a very good day everything went smoothly and the starting gate was awesome. Very clean starts I don't think there was even one collision out of the gate and it holds you in there really well so you can keep that motor cleared out. Scott is the first and so far only driver to run 12 laps in 5mins and drove very consistant, I was second and making mistakes like always and let him pull away but atleast I didn't flame out early that time [8D], Amanda is getting to damn fast! I'm gunna have to worry more about beater her then I need to worry about beating Scott pretty soon, Chris was doing good too even though I ran him over twice by accident but I belive he held 4th place and Joel was out early in the A main but he bumped straight up instead of going through the B main. Jesse is fast but just needs to keep his nerves under control and Rodney... well he was just being Rodney... but he didn't do bad with a buggy he hasn't driven before he just had some bad luck in the B main.

SManMTB 08-22-2005 12:34 AM

[:o]
Nothing more to blame than crappy driving today.