RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Regional Racers & Bashers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/)
-   -   Charlottesville Racers Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/2989523-charlottesville-racers-thread.html)

SManMTB 10-18-2005 07:23 PM

RE: Charlottesville Racers Thread

Team Gearheads

slicks 10-18-2005 07:39 PM

Bill - just left you a message on the "poll" thread asking if we can hold off on decisions (rules etc...) until we can all meet --- which is what your post here is saying.

SO ---to repeat myself here -- I know you said that you can not make it out to Wayne's on Sunday. How does the 30th sound for everyone interested in forming a club?

Big Stampy 10-18-2005 07:41 PM

How about the Sex Crazed Beer Swilling Nitro Burners? [sm=bananahead.gif]

Big-ED 10-18-2005 07:42 PM

I 2nd That..;)

ORIGINAL: Big Stampy

How about the Sex Crazed Beer Swilling Nitro Burners? [sm=bananahead.gif]

fourwheels0 10-18-2005 08:28 PM

stampy your a sick sick man. you need to get out and race!!!.

i got a name RAGIN REDNECKS.

503 10-18-2005 08:36 PM

I didnt want to turn anything on in fear of enterfearing with racers and after helping out at the races I for got to line up the front end before the race. Thank you for the help Dave and Thank you for the servo Wayne/Edie along with the ride.

The club name should be Hog Wala Raceing, we race like we stole something.

Im working 12 hours a day at the OMNI Sunday is in the air for me and it hurts not raceing for a trophy or just raceing. I like trophys - Golden Screwdriver

Smokinjoe6450 10-18-2005 09:06 PM

quit crying Rodney....I will give you a trophy for showing up Sunday.[sm=surprised.gif] It might have a soccer ball on it, but beggars can't be choosers!!

fourwheels0 10-19-2005 11:20 AM

i just got back from waynes all the weed eating is done. and made somewhat of a pit lane. well atleast you can now come in for fuel or temps a whole lot easier.
the weather channel is saying POSSIBLE rain on sunday. i hope not. a little on saturday fine but not sunday!!!!.:D
does anybody have waynes # if you do pm me.

slicks 10-19-2005 01:46 PM

Mike -- we will need to change your name to TrackMan jr :D

I too saw where rain is possible on Sunday -- but I think like 30% chance - so that means 70% possibility of no rain at all!

Super_Dave 10-19-2005 01:58 PM

Mike you were just at Waynes? I have off all week so if anyones working on a track I'll gladly help. Call me at 990-8386. I still left my two shovels and a rake there :).

ORIGINAL: SManMTB

Team Gearheads
I second Chris's name.

WatcherKid 10-19-2005 05:45 PM

I'm behind like 3 weeks.. Is the 30th going to be at Scott's or Waynes? Going from point A to point B and back confused me! [sm=spinnyeyes.gif] <-- What my brain is like at the moment.

slicks 10-19-2005 09:11 PM

Steven -- not sure where we will be on the 30th -- we are taking it week by week right now.

Super_Dave 10-19-2005 11:55 PM

On the 30th I might go to the CVRC race.

WatcherKid 10-20-2005 06:49 AM

Gotcha, Joel.

slicks 10-20-2005 06:57 AM

Dave -- I know that I got a flyer on that race --- but can't find them. Can you give me the details about that race please? That may be fun to go down and race with the Amherst County folks on thier own track!

slicks 10-20-2005 08:31 AM

Christian -- a couple of weeks back you said that the clutch nut on one of your buggies had come loose. Was it on your OS RG?

The clutch problems I have been having with both of our buggies is exactly the same problem. The clutch nut had come loose and was pushing up against the bearings which acted like they were all messed up. Which in fact one of them was/is due to the force. I never had this problem on my other buggies - so don't know if it is an OS thing or the Kyosho clutch nut thing.

And to those that are already thinking it.........NO IT IS NOT BECAUSE I DIDN'T TIGHTEN THE CLUTCH NUT DOWN :D

Have any of you guys with a 777 used a different flywheel other than the kyosho blue one on your buggies? I have some ofna flywheels that are a bit larger in diameter than the kyosho and will be giving them a try tonight.

Hope to see you all on Sunday - but it will depend on whether or not I have to drive my son back up to JMU or not. If I do - I'll see if we can leave early so I can stop by Wayne's track on the way home to see how everyone is doing.

octospider0 10-20-2005 09:41 AM

i have used the ofna flywheel on both the mills I put into my 777 without problems

SManMTB 10-20-2005 09:55 AM

ORIGINAL: slicks

Christian -- a couple of weeks back you said that the clutch nut on one of your buggies had come loose. Was it on your OS RG?

The clutch problems I have been having with both of our buggies is exactly the same problem. The clutch nut had come loose and was pushing up against the bearings which acted like they were all messed up. Which in fact one of them was/is due to the force. I never had this problem on my other buggies - so don't know if it is an OS thing or the Kyosho clutch nut thing.

And to those that are already thinking it.........NO IT IS NOT BECAUSE I DIDN'T TIGHTEN THE CLUTCH NUT DOWN :D

Have any of you guys with a 777 used a different flywheel other than the kyosho blue one on your buggies? I have some ofna flywheels that are a bit larger in diameter than the kyosho and will be giving them a try tonight.

Hope to see you all on Sunday - but it will depend on whether or not I have to drive my son back up to JMU or not. If I do - I'll see if we can leave early so I can stop by Wayne's track on the way home to see how everyone is doing.

No it's not a OS or Kyosho thing. It was on the MAC and it was a true PEBKAC. Just didn't check it.
They DO come loose occationally.

If you don't check before every weekend, it's a PEBKAC Joel.

slicks 10-20-2005 10:59 AM

PEBKAC --- :D

I've never had one come loose before. I guess I'll have to make it part of my routine check.

fourwheels0 10-20-2005 12:23 PM

this is for anyone on this thread or in the charlottsville area. DO NOT DEAL WITH THE E-BAY STORE I SOLD-IT. they have no clue as to what they are doing. i listed 3 bikes with them and NONE of them showed up on e-bay only their web site here locally. i contacted them by phone and in person and they still couldn't get it right. now one of the bikes that had a bid no longer has a bid because they relisted it because of their error. they charge 30% for listing which i think is crap. why should i pay 30% to them when they only list it locally. i could list it locally for FREE in the bucksaver. needless to say i am PISSED.[:@]

Super_Dave 10-20-2005 04:46 PM

I never used e-bay and never will :eek:.

fourwheels0 10-21-2005 09:41 AM

i didn't mean to rant earlier it was just a bad day:D.

where is everybody. and joel don't give me yard work:D

slicks 10-21-2005 11:25 AM

I'm here ........now.......... running too many reports to be checking messages easily.

This weather stinks! Looks like it is supposed to clear up by Sunday though - or that is the projection at least.

fourwheels0 10-21-2005 03:22 PM

ya but it's great for the track:D as of 4pm the weather is as follows sat-rain-sun-clear-mon-rain that is all.:D

WatcherKid 10-21-2005 08:30 PM

I'll be hoping for you all to have the race.. I just checked weather, and it was an 80% chance of rain on Sunday... [X(][X(]