RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Regional Racers & Bashers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/)
-   -   Charlottesville Racers Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/2989523-charlottesville-racers-thread.html)

fourwheels0 10-24-2005 11:31 AM

RE: Charlottesville Racers Thread

right behind you turn around.

Big-ED 10-24-2005 12:26 PM

At Work :D

SManMTB 10-24-2005 12:44 PM

ORIGINAL: Big-ED

At Work :D
Same here. :D

trackman 10-24-2005 01:11 PM

chris you missed some good racing yesterday. i hadnt had that much fun in a long, long time.
gotta give dave credit though he really made me drive hard. that was the best racing between us
i think we have ever had!!! thanks to wayne, everyone had fun,everything went smooth.
it was a good day, tater

SManMTB 10-24-2005 01:38 PM

[:o]
I just had to have the car fixed. Water inside engine = bad news.
Oh well, it's getting colder. Maybe this is the end of the season.

trackman 10-24-2005 01:50 PM

end of season??? this aint football, if the track is clear we race. i have used the leaf blower
several times to blow snow so we can run. that way when you get a warm day it doesnt
turn to mud! see i am smarter than the average whino!!!

slicks 10-24-2005 01:51 PM

Christian: I think that we still have thru Novemeber for the most part - as long as it gets up to 50 degrees we can run. Glad to hear that you got your car fixed!

I still can't get over how fast and how close Scott and Dave were yesterday - man they were really tearing it up yesterday! AND - Scott had his LST screaming! That beast clearly needs a big track -- Scott you have to race that bad boy next year down in Amherst!

SManMTB 10-24-2005 02:04 PM

ORIGINAL: trackman

end of season??? this aint football, if the track is clear we race. i have used the leaf blower
several times to blow snow so we can run. that way when you get a warm day it doesnt
turn to mud! see i am smarter than the average whino!!!
:D:D:D

Sorry, I just had a dose of negativity entering my office. Morning meetings can do that.

Big-ED 10-24-2005 03:26 PM

Is anyone running at waynes or scotts this weekend?

slicks 10-24-2005 04:03 PM

It is my plan to race at track #1 in Amherst. Randy and Joe have been up here several times so I figure it is time for someone from here travels down there. Scott, Bill, Mike and I spent time talking with the local guys at the last race and they are like us - a group of guys (and gal's) that like to race and have fun. I am really looking forward to it.

chipr 10-24-2005 04:16 PM

Howdy,

It's official, I'm signed up for the forum. Wanted to start of by saying what a excellent group of racers, everyone has been very helpful and encouraging. Second, this last weekend was a blast and I really enjoyed the racing. (even managed to avoid getting hit this time). Looking forward to some more racing... and returning parts (Joel and Big Ed ;-).

See you next weekend, btw, what's the beer of choice.. I've seen Bud and Miller light out there... even enjoyed a few!!! Let me know so I can return the favor! :D

Peace
Chip

slicks 10-24-2005 07:22 PM

HEY CHIP --- I was wondering when you would join in!

Big-ED 10-24-2005 09:49 PM

Welcome chip..

Hey guys Im going to part with my JATO and I am acepting offers.

JATO with all the stuff that came with it accept stock rear rims (I dont have them), EZ-starter and 7.2v batt + new pull starter for engine, controller, spare disk brake, spare front spindles, spare front steering blocks, spare front body mounts, spare front and rear stock tires, front and rear 2.2 rims (rear have tires on them), almost 1 gal. of traxxas topfuel, spare glow plug.
I think thats it, I have like 1/2 gal thru the engine and the body is a little mangled but otherwise its in good shape. I haven't drove or started it in about a month.

Big-ED 10-24-2005 09:50 PM

On yeah chip BUD LIGHT.

SManMTB 10-24-2005 10:36 PM

ORIGINAL: Big-ED

On yeah chip BUD LIGHT.

You heard right... Heineken.. oh wait[X(]

RC YODA 10-24-2005 11:52 PM

Hey Charlottesville crew , Sorry I couldn't make it to you guys race. 3rd.shift was killing me. I got off 7:00am Sunday mor. and went to church with my wife .And sent some time with the family. My wife sence Amanda driving last sunday at the race up here. She starting to get the itch. I have a Onfa buggy she wants to paint up pretty and tear up ! And to hear about Todd' s wife getting started. Too. My wife is starting pay more attention to the races.

slicks 10-25-2005 06:21 AM

That is great news that your wife wants to join in and race! Very Cool!

slicks 10-25-2005 06:59 AM

Stampy -- while you were at the convention/show in LA did you get a chance to talk with the folks from Trinity and ask them about their lousy supply system re: things being out of stock for weeks and months?

Just curious.

trackman 10-25-2005 12:43 PM

hey everyone, holloween party at my house friday the 28th 7:30pm
everyones invited , just bring your beverage of choice.[budlt]
we will have some food

slicks 10-25-2005 02:33 PM

that's cool -- but I have to see if there is a home football game (high school) Friday night - if so, will be going to watch Amanda and the marching band at half time.

This does sound like fun. Thanks

Super_Dave 10-25-2005 03:03 PM

I'd like to got to the CVRC race but at the moment it just seems to far to drive. I guess I'll have to see by this weekend it would be a lot of fun to go down there and race on a different track.

Scott I'll try to show up if I finish everything and get off work early.

503 10-25-2005 09:12 PM

Tell Doris if I get off in time to have a lot of real food "meat" and Im looking forward to raceing with you in the MT class. Is it a costume party for I can tell the wife. I will call you later in the week depending on what time I get home is weather I will log on or not. Be prepared with that MT[8D]

Someone please keep me up dated on the race this weekend I might get lucky and race

13-14 hours a day in the Hotel it sucks bad, I cant have any fun I wanted to go to Waynes vary bad

Im not getting up off my golden screwdriver

Edie sorry for not calling you back

"503"[:@]

slicks 10-26-2005 07:01 AM

ORIGINAL: 503

Im not getting up off my golden screwdriver

"503"[:@]
Rodney -- hate to say it -but I hope that that was a miss typed phrase and that you actually meant something else!!! If not - well then that is just way too much info for me :)

Smokinjoe6450 10-26-2005 09:06 AM

Rodney -- hate to say it -but I hope that that was a miss typed phrase and that you actually meant something else!!! If not - well then that is just way too much info for me
[sm=lol.gif] I was thinking the same thing.

fourwheels0 10-26-2005 11:27 AM

rodney we thought you would like that trophy BUT come on that just a little too much.[X(]