RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Regional Racers & Bashers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/)
-   -   Charlottesville Racers Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-regional-racers-bashers-206/2989523-charlottesville-racers-thread.html)

SManMTB 11-09-2005 01:52 PM

RE: Charlottesville Racers Thread

Just don't go 'X-treme Super Cross' on us with the track. :)

trackman 11-09-2005 02:45 PM

hey stampy you had mentioned CEN coming back. will you have the matrix? i would be curious to see that.

Big Stampy 11-09-2005 03:12 PM

I haven't ordered the buggies yet. Likely to do so shortly tho.

WatcherKid 11-09-2005 09:01 PM

Big-ED -- Did you call JR? If so, what'd they say about the servo? (Just curious, cause that sucks that it went like all of a sudden..[X(][X(])

slicks 11-10-2005 08:33 AM

Scott --- go to the Powhatan race forum and take a look at that last couple of posts. Looks like we have some racers that want to test their racing skills with us! This is great! A central VA racing network is really cool!

RACENUT44 11-10-2005 08:39 AM

HEY SLICKS
THE POSTING SAID NOV. 20, TRACK #2 , IM THINKING THAT WAYNE'S
IM I WRONG. JUST TRYING TO HELP EVERYONE OUT,SO I CAN
GET A GROUP THERE
THINKS DENNIS

slicks 11-10-2005 08:47 AM

Not sure which post you are speaking to -- but we are racing at Wayne's this weekend (Nov 13th) which would mean that we should be at Scott's on the 20th. However - that can change.

RACENUT44 11-10-2005 09:05 AM

HI
IM LOST, I NEED HELP
ON CENTRAL VA RACE CLUB WEB
RACE TIME
NOV.20
TRACK #2 WAYNE'S ?????????????
WINESAP RD.

RIGHT OR WRONG

THANKS DENNIS

slicks 11-10-2005 09:06 AM

Dennis -- this is Joel (slicks)

Just wanted to let you guys know that we have a club now and there is a cost to race. For club members it is $5 and for non-memebers it is $10. The cost to join the club is $25. We are anticipating some track maintenance and upgrade expenses this winter and next spring and decided that the cost to make the changes should be spread out to all the racers and not just the track owners. Anyway - that is how we work it here in C'ville. I think that most other places do the same.

Keep us posted if you plan on comming over this way to race -- new racers is always a good thing!

slicks 11-10-2005 09:12 AM

ORIGINAL: RACENUT44

HI
IM LOST, I NEED HELP
ON CENTRAL VA RACE CLUB WEB
RACE TIME
NOV.20
TRACK #2 WAYNE'S ?????????????
WINESAP RD.

RIGHT OR WRONG

THANKS DENNIS

Dennis --- I think I understand the problem now. Are you looking at the Central Virginia Race forum? If so - they are in Amherst and they have a track #1 and a track #2. AND - I think that they are planning a race on the 20th! This just all dawned on me!

We have raced with several of the guys in Amherst at the Blue Ridge Raceway and my daughter and I enetered a race at thier Track #1 a couple of weeks ago. We had a great time and they are all a good bunch of guys. Easy to talk to and get along with. Post them a note on their site - I am sure one of them will get back in touch with you.

RACENUT44 11-10-2005 09:41 AM

sSLICKS
THANKS FOR THE INPUT, I WAS THINKING IT WAS ALL THE SAME GROUP
IM INTERESTED IN PICTURES AND DIRECTIONS TO YALLS TRACKS
WE JUST LOVE TO RUN OUR NITRO BUGGIES AND AND FUN
THANKS AGAIN DENNIS

slicks 11-10-2005 11:14 AM

Dennis ----------- we really don't have any pictures of either track in the Charlottesville area. Not sure if any of us have a digital camera.

As for directions - not a problem just let me know which track and week and I'll be happy to get them to you.

hhhhmmmmmm.........now that we have "club" I wonder if we need a web-site coordinator type person [sm=bananahead.gif]

Super_Dave 11-10-2005 02:24 PM

Joel we do have quite a few pics of Scott's from that guy who took them a few months ago. I forgot his name but I still have the site that the pics and a few videos are on http://linus.highpoint.edu/~hleach/R...svilleOffroad/ This is before the long sweeper after straight away was changed and you had to turn into the infield early. Its the same layout aside from that.

octospider0 11-10-2005 02:27 PM

well, I just lost 2 hours of my life I will never get back again. Read the entire MM thread in 1/8 scale forum. All I can say is, what a dolt!
sigh....oh well leason learned.

fourwheels0 11-10-2005 02:39 PM

hey bill are you talking about the (and you thought i didn't have a buggy) one. man-o-man i thought you were smarter than that.
all i can say is HEY BOO BOO YOU IN THERE:D

trackman 11-10-2005 02:46 PM

ok joel. im having another bad day. this always costs me money. im ready for another buggy. early christmas,oh yeah!
just not sure which one. thinking about the mugen,i know its good quality. had thought about the cen matrix but hate
to spend my money on it. looks like it could be a winner, but you never know. would like to test it, though.

Big-ED 11-10-2005 03:14 PM

I hear an SP2 calling your name:D,maybe with all the racers edge hopups on it:D:D
Why go away from the kyosho?

ORIGINAL: trackman

ok joel. im having another bad day. this always costs me money. im ready for another buggy. early christmas,oh yeah!
just not sure which one. thinking about the mugen,i know its good quality. had thought about the cen matrix but hate
to spend my money on it. looks like it could be a winner, but you never know. would like to test it, though.

slicks 11-10-2005 03:35 PM

Scott -- man that Mugen is a chuck of change! But everything I read on it says top notch!!! What abou that new Thunder Tiger? I know you are not a big fan of their products but it looks good too! I would have to see the new CEN stuff myself. I remember when Stampy had some of their stuff at his old shop and I wasn't too impressed with it -- but from what I have been reading they must have made a change in product and quality a while back.

Why don't you wait to see how that truggy of Bid ED's runs before you make up your mind?

Dave - thanks for the info on the pictures! I am not a computer geek and know nothing about building web sites -- but I do think that it is something we as a club should think about. Thoughts anyone?

trackman 11-10-2005 03:36 PM

dont worry it would take an act of congress to get me away from kyosho. or atleast a new killer buggy!!
it would really have to be impressive though.
every time i get stressed at work i look for something to buy.
NO WONDER IM ALWAYS BROKE!!!

SManMTB 11-10-2005 03:43 PM

ORIGINAL: trackman

dont worry it would take an act of congress to get me away from kyosho. or atleast a new killer buggy!!
it would really have to be impressive though.
every time i get stressed at work i look for something to buy.
NO WONDER IM ALWAYS BROKE!!!
Speaking of buying stuff... I just scored two new SP1 chassis on eBay for $28 each. :D Now I just have to find a new K3 chassie too. I wear them out in no-time, had to put the standard 777 chassie on the SP1 for now, it was very thin.

trackman 11-10-2005 03:46 PM

and joel my minds not made up. if it was it would already be ordered!! when i want it,i want it now!
you should know that by now. but it will be a buggy, not a truggy.
IM AN IMPULSE BUYER.
money burns holes in pockets!!!

slicks 11-10-2005 03:48 PM

how about a new radio system like Kevin has? That is a great upgrade and one that is worth the $$ and would only cost maybe a foot and lower leg and not both legs and arms like the Mugen?

slicks 11-10-2005 03:51 PM

:) yep - I remember that feeling --- now I get a thrill sending all my money up to Aaron at JMU!

HEY - if you REALLY want to buy something -- buy me a month of Aaorn's room and board!

SManMTB 11-10-2005 03:53 PM

*** Note to self ***
- Don't get kids!

:D

slicks 11-10-2005 03:55 PM

Hey Christian --- good job on the chassis's.