Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Heng Long Panther II Tank Destroyer

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Heng Long Panther II Tank Destroyer

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 04:27 PM
herrmill

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts
Default RE: Heng Long Panther II Tank Destroyer

What I want to know is WHAT BECAME OF THE BRITISH TANKS HL WAS STUDYING A FEW YEARS BACK?

Both Erwin from IMPACT & I saw the Tamiya kits in their R&D dept a few years ago & figured they were planning a release in the not-too distant future. Now this???

Guess their laoban has, indeed, found his grandfather's opium pipe & is smoking something with it!
Old 12-05-2011, 04:42 PM
DirtyBird69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: YHR

OK, so my hunch was right and this is a fantasy tank. I am sorry guys, but this almost makes me mad. I know it looks kind of cool, and it is different, but I just don't get it. When so many guys are starving to see something that had a battle history modeled, I just don't understand why HL would waste resources on a Project like this.(if it is in Fact HL) Maybe it is some third party that contracted this . Do you get a sack to carry it around in.

I got to disagree with you Dirtybird. I'll take a rehashed slightly improved model of an existing tank over a paper panzer anyday. What next, Space Nazi's

I agree YHR, but if you got a warehouse full of Pantigers nobody wants, this is an EXCELLENTway to make them marketable is all I'm saying(but I still think its better then Tamiyas latest attempts at "new" tanks)..... as far as "Space Nazis" go, that's just rediculous...their not in space.......theiron the moon!...Didn't you know the 4th Reich is almost upon us???? JEESH

Old 12-05-2011, 04:45 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

You guys are always worth a laugh or two and are cracking me up!!!!

~ Jeff
Old 12-05-2011, 04:53 PM
herrmill

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

Since there has always been rumors about HL wanting to get into larger 1:6 scale tanks, I say they should just go all out & continue with their Paper Panzer Super Series® with some super heavies like a Ratte or Monster.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:13 PM
DirtyBird69

Well there was one paper panzer that they actually built a single prototype of and then destroyed shortly before the war ended...unfortunately a savvy Hollywood producer found out about it, and twisted the concept around to suit his own ends...... go figure

Old 12-05-2011, 06:08 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I figured the Space Nazi comment would bring out some pictures. Where is Captain America when you need him

I am waiting for Battlestar Panthers with Necells for power.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:24 PM
DirtyBird69

Just had Liz from Awesome Hobbies email me, so here's the deal:

Hi Brent
The color is german field grey and is professionally painted sealed with flat clear for better protection .They are ready to Run all that is needed is the 8AA to power the controller,Battery and charger, smoke oil add on small detail parts are all included,also included is the IR tower and well and yes they are in stock .Shipping to the USA is usually 10 days normal ,all shipments are insured and registered for tracking
Hope this helps
Best Regards
Liz(sales)

Hi Brent
The tanks are made by Heng long with all premium parts and the body is made by contract under our own brand as to preserve the exclusive design and make it more collectable.The tank and manufacturing are jointly guaranteed by Heng Long and ourselves.The color grey is just refelecting light from the cameras Ill find some more dull ones for you
Hope this helps

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68872.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	1695863  
Old 12-05-2011, 06:43 PM
kclank

I freaking love it! Look it was not real but we have all talked about and some of us built, Paper Panzers. It is all a bit of "what if" or WWII 1946 type of thought. I think that what has been done is a magnificent market opportunity. Someone will make money with the a different product since they only had to create upper superstructure or did they buy it from Ludwig?. People, who are not strict modelers of authentic equipment, will have fun with it. what's the harm? I had fun building mine and my club enjoyed seeing it in action.

Hey guys it is a hobby, an obsession, a source of enjoyment and pride. However most of all most of us here for the bottom line which i think is FUN and Personal satisfaction.

Old 12-05-2011, 07:29 PM
Panther F

Well now, SEE.

I still want one.

~ Jeff
Old 12-05-2011, 08:29 PM
YHR

What scares me is that these will sell better then actual WWIIt tanks, and a whole new line of fantasy tanks will be produced at the expense of historically accurate ones.

With all the modeling possiblities that haven`t been touched, why oh why a fantasy tank. Valentines, Comets, , Cromwells, Churchhills and more russian armor, not to mention all the modern stuff that has not yet been reproduced. I can see doing something like this in 1/35 scale where you have a vast amount of selection, but not 1/16 scale. One more release I have no real interest in.

Between the latest from Tamiya and Heng Long, none of them have drawn a nickle out of my wallet in the last year. The closet thing I came to buying was the Leopard 1. Mato has got my money with their Sherman and the new metal suspension though. If any of these other guys are listening, let me explain. I have money to spend, but you are not making anything that interests me. I am probaby not alone.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:04 PM
DirtyBird69

Got another email from the owner of Awesome Hobbies: ( I asked if they would sell the upper body as a kit)

Hi Warwick is my name and I am the owner of Awesome Hobbies (and coffee maker)
Liz just mentioned you not so silly question .I have been developing the Panther2 into a kit and yes it just will be a nice fit up on the Panter G or Jagdpanther bottom hull .
All parts have been Laser cut already and total design finished .it will come with metal parts and will have minimal cutting .It is designed to use the body back grill deck and hull top of the Jagd panther so the only cutting will be these 2 flats from thetop hull
The lower hull on the jagdpanther is the same as the panther so best to just get a standard jagdpanther as it will all be used with the kitand electronics as well and basic tanks are cheap .plus you will have the fun of building it yourself and seld decorating .It will come with lotsof metal detail parts ,brass grills and all the parts you see in the pics .Liz didnt know about this developing so i thought I wouyld let you know.I should have costing soon but it should be in the 130.00 mark AUD with little freight as it will be packed to save.
The model you see is really for those that dont want to or cant
Hope this helps
Best regards
Warwick Vincent
Old 12-05-2011, 10:11 PM
Panther F

Cool then, after Christmas.

Maybe by then there will be a whole brigade of "fantasy tanks" ready?

~ Jeff
Old 12-06-2011, 02:13 AM
Warlord_Link

First of all, This tank didn't made by Henglong. I've already ask to sale of Heng long and she said "It isn't our product.".

And I've ever found clip on youtube.

Here is it:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPq7mz5uH1w[/youtube]

Old 12-06-2011, 02:47 AM
Panther F

ORIGINAL: Warlord_Link

First of all, This tank didn't made by Henglong. I've already ask to sale of Heng long and she said ''It isn't our product.''.

Oh, the voice of reason. They won't listen to me feeling that HL betrayed them by not releasing something from their want list.

Well I think this AFV is soooo sweeeet and soooo baaaad aazzzz looking I like it almost better than the original Jagdpanther and it opens the door for some creative alterations like James version he just recently used and battled with at Danville. Sounds like this has the Beir sound system (which I love) and really makes the model look and feel so real.

Thanks for posting the video!!

~ Jeff
Old 12-06-2011, 04:40 AM
rivetcounter

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This has the Thomas Benadini sound unit it’s based on a Tamiya chassis the upper Wanne is metal.

Well while we are all into Hollywood replicas why not ask the GOD of models Heng Long to make a Sturmelefant Ausf H mit KWK128 L56 or Tiger II Austwind with chrome engine grills and bull bars or a Sherman Easydude with sun roof, wide wheels, white walled tyres and quad 50’s that way we may just get something interesting like a Cromwell or Churchill.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:31 AM
YHR

Being that this is a third party endeavour, I wish him well. No reason not to explore all options. To each his own.

It does look cool
Old 12-06-2011, 05:35 AM
Panther F

Eehhh, the "white walled" affect is reserved for Soviet armor.

~ Jeff
Old 12-06-2011, 05:59 AM
SGTMAJMVJ

This is crap. Engine grills and fan ducts in the front of the hull and exhaust pipes in the rear of the hull. Yeah right. They ran the exhaust pipes through or under the crew compartment? Total fantasy. What's next a Yamato land tank battle cruiser?
Old 12-06-2011, 06:03 AM
YHR

ORIGINAL: SGTMAJMVJ

This is crap. Engine grills and fan ducts in the front of the hull and exhaust pipes in the rear of the hull. Yeah right. They ran the exhaust pipes through or under the crew compartment? Total fantasy. What's next a Yamato land tank battle cruiser?
NOT SO LOUD!!!!!
Old 12-06-2011, 06:14 AM
mustclime

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 12-06-2011, 06:35 AM
Panther F

Son, you totally lack imagination and creativity. The Merkava has the engine up front!!

I don't see a career in the future for you in plumbing.

And yes they did.

~ Jeff
Old 12-06-2011, 07:38 AM
rivetcounter

ORIGINAL: Panther F

Son, you totally lack imagination and creativity. The Merkava has the engine up front!!

I don't see a career in the future for you in plumbing.

And yes they did.

~ Jeff

Well actually they couldn’t for the following reasons, the engine requires a tuned length to give the correct backpressure to the engine making it more than twice the length would alter this in a negative way, also there is a heat element Panther engine had the exhaust pipes glowing bright red even in winter this would cause unbearable heat, what if one of the pipes broke the crew would be gassed, the heat could cause damage to the torsion bars then there is the extra space they would take up, if one studies the Elefant it’s exhaust vents at the sides under the sponsons before the citadel, exhaust pipes on the back plate is just an ill-informed modeller with the mechanical knowledge of a bimbo.

There are at least 2 companies now making this tank that at the time was just a figment of imagination, has no one noticed some severe drawbacks with this design the first being the inability to lower the gun the second being the large area where the driver wouldn’t be able to see the same would go for the gunner also there would have been a massive problem opening the engine hatch not to mention the engine being removed, Elefant had two engine running either side and the gun would not foul removal.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:42 AM
rivetcounter

ORIGINAL: DirtyBird69

[img][/img]

I see you have Heng Long’s new Elefant II prototype

http://hemmingsson.wordpress.com/fil...nazirobot1.jpg
Old 12-06-2011, 07:42 AM
Rex Ross

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: kclank

I freaking love it! Look it was not real but we have all talked about and some of us built, Paper Panzers. It is all a bit of ''what if'' or WWII 1946 type of thought. I think that Heng Long has done a magnificent market opportunity. They will make money with this product since they only had to change upper molds. People, who are not strict modelers of authentic equipment, will have fun with it. what's the harm?

Hey guys it is a hobby, an obsession, a source of enjoyment and pride. However most of all most of us here for the bottom line which i think is FUN and Personal satisfaction.
~~~~~~~~

I agree with you.........I couldn't have said it better!

Well........actually I could have said it better, but I'm gonna let you get away with stealing what I was thinking. I like "stuff that never was", as long as it doesn't get into the "flying tank that converts into a submarine" category. Hmmmmmm....... can I take that back?
Rex
Old 12-06-2011, 07:57 AM
kclank

yup total fantasy just like just like a German Elefant, Soviet SU 76, SU 101, SU102, Briish Archer and others. The layout is not unusual and has some advantages like reduced gun overhang and more mass up front to protect the crew. The exhaust would have to be engineered for the specific vehicle.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.