Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Heng Long Panther II Tank Destroyer

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Heng Long Panther II Tank Destroyer

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 05:27 AM
mustclime

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Heng Long Panther II Tank Destroyer

This thread has made me ask " are rc tanks really man Barbies?"
Old 12-07-2011, 06:04 AM
rivetcounter

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: mustclime

This thread has made me ask '' are rc tanks really man Barbies?''[img][/img]

no that would be 1/6 Dollies from Dragon and DID
Old 12-07-2011, 10:24 PM
Pershing.Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some points on the Jadgpanther II

1 exhaust was to be vented to the side if you look at Christian's model you will see one Side skirt with cutouts
2. Engine in front improves crew survival also makes loading ammo faster and allows for a larger gun like the128 mm
Old 12-07-2011, 11:21 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Shhh James!! These guys know their stuff, didn't you know that?

Let them think while we go along knowing is fine with me.

~ Jeff
Old 12-07-2011, 11:39 PM
Shark27

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

DirtyBird here is another one of Rex's creations while this wasn't a tank destroyer still pretty cool and it was actually built and tested. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_98..._1/key_/tm.htm
I have seen the real one and it is amazing.
Steve
Old 12-07-2011, 11:47 PM
DirtyBird69

Ahhhh maaaan...that thing is SICK!....I've actaully been on thereal tank at the Patton Museum, always thought it would be a cool RC...never thought anybody had done it yet lol. I wonder how that thing actually runs?...
Old 12-07-2011, 11:49 PM
Panther F

ORIGINAL: Shark27

DirtyBird here is another one of Rex's creations while this wasn't a tank destroyer still pretty cool and it was actually built and tested. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_98..._1/key_/tm.htm
I have seen the real one and it is amazing.
Steve

Isn't that amazing? Rex does exceptionable work. I used to drool all over that every time I visited the Patton Museum when it was there.

Too bad it never went into production.

~ Jeff
Old 12-08-2011, 04:23 AM
rivetcounter

It’s just as well it didn’t go into production it was the worst of the heavy’s, impractical, slow and under powered, even the Tortoise was a disaster, though Rex did a wonderful job building his version
Old 12-08-2011, 05:07 AM
Panther F

ORIGINAL: DirtyBird69

I wonder how that thing actually runs?...

Slow but sure!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAKeIbSMzSw

~ Jeff
Old 12-08-2011, 08:20 AM
Rex Ross

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: DirtyBird69

Ahhhh maaaan...that thing is SICK!....I've actaully been on the real tank at the Patton Museum, always thought it would be a cool RC...never thought anybody had done it yet lol. I wonder how that thing actually runs?...
~~~~

I'm beginning to regret that I didn't build that as an R/C tank. It is a static shelf queen that I built when I was in one of my goofy moods and got inspired after a long conversation with my good buddy, Jim Beam.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:07 AM
rivetcounter

Rex would it not be possible to add RC now
Old 12-09-2011, 12:36 PM
mustclime

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: herrmill

What I want to know is WHAT BECAME OF THE BRITISH TANKS HL WAS STUDYING A FEW YEARS BACK?

Both Erwin from IMPACT & I saw the Tamiya kits in their R&D dept a few years ago & figured they were planning a release in the not-too distant future. Now this???

Guess their laoban has, indeed, found his grandfather's opium pipe & is smoking something with it!

I thought of this post when I saw this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq9Ld...eature=related

you want a brit tank....here you go.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:42 PM
Panther F

What I want to know is WHAT BECAME OF THE BRITISH TANKS HL WAS STUDYING A FEW YEARS BACK?

Both Erwin from IMPACT & I saw the Tamiya kits in their R&D dept a few years ago & figured they were planning a release in the not-too distant future. Now this???

Guess their laoban has, indeed, found his grandfather's opium pipe & is smoking something with it!

That opening image of a T34/85 with the Tamiya Apple and Styrofoam bunker is MINE!!! He stole it, the dirt bag!

~ Jeff
Old 12-09-2011, 03:32 PM
kclank

This was my build early last year.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kclank1?feature=mhee
http://www.youtube.com/user/kclank1?.../3/MbR5HyQz0Lg
Old 12-09-2011, 04:30 PM
bigfiver69

ORIGINAL: Panther F

That opening image of a T34/85 with the Tamiya Apple and Styrofoam bunker is MINE!!! He stole it, the dirt bag!

~ Jeff

Sorry Jeff... I meant no offense! When I was looking for a shot of the T-34 (after I had already butchered it up for the Crusader) that was the first clean google image that showed up.

So... I only sort of borrowed it

As for British tanks - it's criminal that there aren't any off-the-shelf British tanks. I am trying to finish my Cromwell build (the old thread is on here somewhere.) After that, I intent to fully scratch a Matilda or a Churchill.

I mean... imagine if Trumpeter/WSN hadn't modelled the t-34? It would be nearly impossible to go beyond the Sherman for allied tanks!

Shep

Old 12-09-2011, 04:49 PM
Panther F

ORIGINAL: bigfiver69

ORIGINAL: Panther F

~ Jeff

Sorry Jeff... I meant no offense! When I was looking for a shot of the T-34 (after I had already butchered it up for the Crusader) that was the first clean google image that showed up.

So... I only sort of borrowed it

As for British tanks - it's criminal that there aren't any off-the-shelf British tanks. I am trying to finish my Cromwell build (the old thread is on here somewhere.) After that, I intent to fully scratch a Matilda or a Churchill.

I mean... imagine if Trumpeter/WSN hadn't modelled the t-34? It would be nearly impossible to go beyond the Sherman for allied tanks!

Shep

Okay, since you came clean about it you're not a dirt bag. Nice project though!

~ Jeff
Old 12-09-2011, 04:52 PM
DirtyBird69

I dunno, I'm still drooling over that "Shermgeschutz" earlier in the thread....I can't get that dam thing out of my head...too cool lol!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11945.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	1697741  
Old 12-10-2011, 04:29 AM
Panther F

this guy has been selling them painted for a couple weeks....

http://www.rctanksofokc.com/Purchase-page.html

I'm thinking about cutting up a HL Jagdpanther and trying this on my own. If not successful I still would have needed the HL chassis and I'll just get the Ludwig upper and modify it.

I have some special Tamiya electronics already set aside for this project. I might even make it an IR night-fighter too?

~ Jeff
Old 12-13-2011, 03:22 AM
grauer Wolf

Greetings from the other side of the atlantic!

Here are some links of how the Panther II Panzerzerstörer (Tankdestroyer) could have lookked like, if it had been produced:

Model in 1:72:

http://www.panzerfux.de/1-87/Wehrmac...&c=1772&p=1772

R/C in 1:8:

http://www.stahlpanther-0.homepage.t.../bilder-4.html

One of these guy said, there were 3 Prototypes, who had been blown to pieces in march 1945:

http://bkpforums.com/phpBB2/viewtopi...&t=80&start=30

The Panther family:

http://www.modellbauschmiede.com/pz5.htm

Although the Panther II is fiction, the Heng Long model needs to be modified to look right in my opinion.

best regards

Arnd
Old 12-13-2011, 03:53 AM
TeTris MoNk

Has anyone tried to make a Landkreuzer P 1000 Ratte?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf10264.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	161.7 KB
ID:	1699332   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki20643.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	334.4 KB
ID:	1699333  
Old 12-13-2011, 04:10 AM
Panther F

After looking at all the pictures of these prototypes, the Ludwig version has a much larger roof area than the others (like the original Jagdpanther does) and looks more appropriate. Since it is a "fictional tank" some artistic freedom will have to be exercised here.

~ Jeff
Old 12-13-2011, 06:41 AM
grauer Wolf

@ Tetris:

As far as i know, only in 1:87,( you have to klick the >> below the first pictures to see more) :

http://www.panzerbaer.de/workshop/wdieb_mod_87-b.htm

In 1:16 it would be over 2 meters long.

Arnd
Old 12-13-2011, 08:42 AM
rivetcounter

The Jagdpanther G1 and G2 used the 88mm L71 main gun this with the extra armour increased the weight of the tank so much so that the Jagdpanther had its own transmition which still couldn’t cope with the extra weight of the tank, now if you take the 128mm gun from a Jagdtiger then try and fit it into a Jagdpanther you are going to have huge problems not only with the extra weight which the transmition cannot cope with and would require redevelopment which it did not get you also have a problem trying to stow the 2 piece ammunition, Trivium, is very wrong in his statement that 3 Jagdpanther II were destroyed in 1945, 2 Mause were blowen up and this is possibly what he’s referring too, Jagdpanther II never got further than being a concept, only 2 Panther II chassis were ever built neither was completed at war’s end, 1 was captured by the Americans without a turret latter they added a Panther G turret
Old 12-13-2011, 08:57 AM
kclank

ORIGINAL: rivetcounter

The Jagdpanther G1 and G2 used the 88mm L71 main gun this with the extra armour increased the weight of the tank so much so that the Jagdpanther had its own transmission which still couldn’t cope with the extra weight of the tank, now if you take the 128mm gun from a Jagdtiger then try and fit it into a Jagdpanther you are going to have huge problems not only with the extra weight which the transmition cannot cope with and would require redevelopment which it did not get you also have a problem trying to stow the 2 piece ammunition, Trivium, is very wrong in his statement that 3 Jagdpanther II were destroyed in 1945, 2 Mause were blowen up and this is possibly what he’s referring too, Jagdpanther II never got further than being a concept, only 2 Panther II chassis were ever built neither was completed at war’s end, 1 was captured by the Americans without a turret latter they added a Panther G turret
Since we are talking about a "what if" combat vehicle I would theorize that the JP II would have used/shared the engine and transmission units from either the Panther II or even the JT II which would have been even heavier with a 150 CM gun tube and probably would have upgraded armor. All this conjecture only works if time, material and more military successes in the 3rd Reich were favorable. So for now it is all in fun. I agree with you about no prototype was known to have been made. I researched this pretty deeply and found no evidence of advanced Panther/Panther II development beyond the Panther II and Panther F concept projects. If you assumed that time existed for this type of development you "could" assume upgraded ammo from two to one piece ordnance was also a goal. If this had been accomplished then the next problem would have been handling extremely large/heavy ammo on board. It is all fun conjecture.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:19 AM
Panther F

ORIGINAL: kclank

It is all fun conjecture.
So is the Pantiger ... but no one holds that against them.

~ Jeff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.