Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

New Tamiya jagdpanzer Lange 1/16 scale

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

New Tamiya jagdpanzer Lange 1/16 scale

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 09:43 PM
Pcomm1.v2

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

One of my favorites for sure, I posted this build about a year ago on rcu tanks, but where exactly is now a mystery,

I purchased this Tamiya IR RC Jagdpanzer IV/70(V) kit new from the AAF Museum, Summer 2016. The build was completed January – February 2017.

I asked friend, engineer and rc tank enthusiast Daryl Turner to improve upon the less resolved kit points. Which included the kit wiring solution (deleting the Tamiya kit speaker box), replacing the plastic trunnion and mounts with metal parts, improving tank battery access and improving the gearbox motors; to better purpose this Lang for outdoor infrared battle games. Daryl added road wheel ball bearings and a hinged lift deck for easy battery swaps. He says he considers this model's upgrades one of his better efforts. I removed all the custom fabricated parts, to then assemble the model per instructions and adding back the custom parts at the appropriate assembly phase for the internal hull build out, etc. The IR RC setup and, of course, the paint finish followed.

Daryl Turner provided the custom fabricated metal parts and his service "does not include” building, painting and rc setting up your model, that is up to you.

Why do these modifications? Toughen the model for running outdoors and IR Battles Games; make it less awkward to play with; make better use of the cramped hull space. The Tamiya Jagdpanzer Lang Kit's design tries to stuff the same type electronics package and the assorted wiring that fits OK into a Tamiya Tiger, Panther and or their other large WWII RC tanks. The Lang has a much more compact hull space to work with, so in my design opinion, Tamiya's Lang hull assembly solution was a good candidate for some improvement and Daryl engineered a great solution. The plastic idler wheels have not been an issue, yet, but then I don't bash my models either.

John

Last edited by Pcomm1.v2; 02-05-2018 at 09:52 PM.
Old 02-06-2018, 02:23 AM
Jhdumas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love it!
Old 02-06-2018, 11:54 AM
Pcomm1.v2

Me too
Old 02-06-2018, 11:59 AM
Shorty54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On sale and only 2 left at the AAF Museum!
Once they are gone, they are gone. So it sounds.

Tamiya 1/16th Radio Control German Jagdpanther Tank
Old 02-06-2018, 12:24 PM
tankme

Received 207 Likes on 169 Posts

Wonder why since they just released the static kit of it not too long ago? The static kit doesn't say it's discontinued. Only the R/C version says discontinued.

Last edited by tankme; 02-06-2018 at 12:25 PM. Reason: extra info
Old 02-06-2018, 01:17 PM
Pcomm1.v2

Originally Posted by tankme
Wonder why since they just released the static kit of it not too long ago? The static kit doesn't say it's discontinued. Only the R/C version says discontinued.
Maybe the Tamiya Jagdpanther 1/16 static display model is Tamiya's way to blow out unsold kits cost effectively.
Built both the RC Tamiya Jagdpanther and the Panther 1/16 Scale Kits and kinda remember that the Tamiya 1/16 RC Jagdpanther was released sometime in 2008 or maybe a year earlier, so it had a long run.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tam-Jagd_Panter.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	235.8 KB
ID:	2253753  
Old 02-06-2018, 01:24 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Shorty54
On sale and only 2 left at the AAF Museum!
Once they are gone, they are gone. So it sounds.

Tamiya 1/16th Radio Control German Jagdpanther Tank
Gesh... and I checked before I started a new thread too. Guess it pays to read EVERYTHING these days. LOL!
Old 02-28-2018, 03:26 AM
Sebbe335

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I finally bought it, but its sooo hard to find a paint scheme that match the early Jagdpanzer iv 70 Lang, very few photos that exist of the 4 support wheeled version (later had 3 wheels) I got some jagdpanzer books but no good camo schemes there that shows more than just one side of the tank.
I wonder if the scheme that is in the manual match a real jagdpanzer or if its just made up, anyone know?

//Sebbe