Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Corona virus

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2020, 05:08 PM
tch2000

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

All I know is now people are stock piling ammo and it’s crazy here in Texas. Jeez
Old 03-17-2020, 05:11 PM
mustclime

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tch2000
All I know is now people are stock piling ammo and it’s crazy here in Texas. Jeez
they are for the zombies.....
Old 03-17-2020, 05:27 PM
tch2000

Originally Posted by mustclime
they are for the zombies.....
lol. True. 💀
Old 03-17-2020, 05:49 PM
Pah co chu puk

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by tch2000
Civilization did not collapse in China, Italy, France, Japan, or Iran, so I expect that the USA will not need firearms to get through this.
The following users liked this post:
herrmill (03-17-2020)
Old 03-17-2020, 07:37 PM
tankme

Received 207 Likes on 169 Posts

We Texans are just thinking about our fellow man. The more guns we buy the more workers we keep employed through the crisis... Just got back from Walmart to pick up a few things. Still no TP, bread, or milk but plenty of beer. Chip aisle completely decimated, but the candy isle is completely full.
Old 03-17-2020, 07:40 PM
herrmill

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Pah co chu puk
Civilization did not collapse in China, Italy, France, Japan, or Iran, so I expect that the USA will not need firearms to get through this.
Well said.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:38 PM
herrmill

A long read but recommended so you understand the numbers & why its essential to lockdown society like many nations are in the process of doing.
Pcomm1.v2 (03-18-2020)
Old 03-17-2020, 11:16 PM
borealis

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by tankme
We Texans are just thinking about our fellow man. The more guns we buy the more workers we keep employed through the crisis... Just got back from Walmart to pick up a few things. Still no TP, bread, or milk but plenty of beer. Chip aisle completely decimated, but the candy isle is completely full.
It is quite interesting reading what people buy in these days
Old 03-18-2020, 08:22 AM
Panzer222

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I’m set for a while just received my copy of Armored Thunderbolt ...370 pages of tank bliss.lol
Pcomm1.v2 (03-18-2020)
Old 03-18-2020, 05:56 PM
mustclime

We seem to be 3 weeks behind the Italian’s.... right now they have 300 people a day killed by the virus for a population of 60 million. Since the USA has five times the population we can expect to lose 1500 people a day in 3 weeks.... hope I am wrong
Old 03-19-2020, 02:24 AM
borealis

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

In Italy we are having a lot of victims since the average age of Italian population is high, and elderly people are the most vulnerable to the virus consequences.
Also the average population density is much higher than in USA and higher than Europe's average.
If the proper measures are adopted quickly in terms of everyday's behaviour changes, you might expect that in rural areas and outside major urban settlements the infection cases will be very few.
Old 03-19-2020, 04:51 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

Yesterday we had our first death from coronavirus in Michigan. Unfortunately for me, the guy was in the same county that I live in. But on the bright side, I've heard that they stopped getting new cases in China. If it's run its course over there hopefully it will run through quickly here as well.

And just in case you guys don't know, the coronavirus is not new, it's been in animals for years, and they actually have vaccines for cows, it's just that it just now made the jump to humans.
Old 03-19-2020, 06:04 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Just make sure you guys are ready just in case, our local airport has been flying in trucks and even x2 HEMTTs I've personally seen so far. I drove by yesterday and saw a bunch of mobile hangers, water trucks, transport trucks, etc. There were also x4 marked Army helis here yesterday which is absolutely not normal.

On a side note, if any of you have room for an animal to foster during all this your shelters do seriously appreciate it. Lots of them in our area are making pleas for temp foster homes or donations to help. Many have removed adoption fees too. If you are going to be home for a few weeks or up to a few months now is the time to train a new pup
Old 03-19-2020, 06:55 AM
Crius

Hmmm, I think you meant to say that's time to get familiar with a new cat.
Old 03-19-2020, 08:04 AM
Crius

Just noticed something about this virus. It contains my screen name. CoRona vIrUS. But it wasn't my fault! Honest! That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it.
Old 03-19-2020, 08:09 AM
Tanker1966

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Crius
Just noticed something about this virus. It contains my screen name. CoRona vIrUS. But it wasn't my fault! Honest! That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it.
You think that's bad, my wife came from Corona Indiana!
Enzo_K (05-01-2020)
Old 03-19-2020, 09:00 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Hmmm, I think you meant to say that's time to get familiar with a new cat.
Definitely did not lol. Dogs > Cats 100%

I'm actively looking myself but this stuff going down definitely threw a wrench into the system. I'm lucky enough to have a good boss that doesn't mind a properly trained pup at work, that is a big plus to me. Let me bring in my pup a few times a week and I'll work much harder and even more frequently. The problem for me will be the training time, but looks like we might have a lot more of it soon.
Old 03-19-2020, 09:08 AM
Pah co chu puk

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

I heard that the national guard is testing people in Telluride, and that some kids are pretty sick. That's just over the hill from me.
Old 03-19-2020, 06:46 PM
tch2000

Damn
Old 03-19-2020, 10:29 PM
herrmill

...And just in case you guys don't know, the coronavirus is not new, it's been in animals for years, and they actually have vaccines for cows, it's just that it just now made the jump to humans.
No, it has been in us humans for as long as we've walked this planet but this one is a new strain, hence the danger, since we have no immunity. Common colds, MERS, SARS... are all coronaviruses.

Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is a new strain that was discovered in 2019 and has not been previously identified in humans.

Coronaviruses are zoonotic, meaning they are transmitted between animals and people. Detailed investigations found that SARS-CoV was transmitted from civet cats to humans and MERS-CoV from dromedary camels to humans. Several known coronaviruses are circulating in animals that have not yet infected humans.
https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus

Regarding possible human to animal transmission, there has been one confirmed case of a pet dog in Hong Kong becoming infected so they require pets whose owners have been infected to also be quarantined for 2 weeks. It had appeared to be free of virus & sent back to its owner after quarantine last week but died Monday. As a precaution, I would suggest if anyone is at home exhibiting symptoms to also think of giving social distance to man's best friend. https://www.marketwatch.com/story/pe...hp_minor_pos19

Last edited by herrmill; 03-19-2020 at 10:45 PM.
Old 03-20-2020, 06:47 AM
mustclime

The math of this whole thing are tough to think about..... no one is immune to the virus, if the death rate is 1% and 100% get the infection....that means 3.3 million are going to die in the United States. Now I have read in Italy the death rate goes up when the hospitals run out of respirators to get people the through the infection .....a lot of people are going to die if that happens here..... please be safe
Old 03-20-2020, 08:01 AM
jarndice

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts

That is why a number of engineering companies closed down by this virus in the UK have been commissioned to manufacture as many respirators as they can,
As the health minister said "The more the better, Those we cannot use we can provide to other countries who do not have enough".
Old 03-20-2020, 09:20 AM
pitstain

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

I do not condone hoarding but if you will possibly be quarantined I just got a sad note from Tamiya

TAMIYA AMERICA CART AND OFFICE CLOSURE

To our valued customers:The TAMIYA USA webstore will be closed beginning immediately and until further notice.

California Gov. Gavin Newsom on Thursday evening announced he's enacting a "statewide order" for its nearly 40 million residents to "stay at home," a wide-reaching order for the most populous state in the country as the coronavirus spreads.

The order, taking effect Thursday night, prohibits gatherings outside and requires businesses that need employees to physically report to work to shut down.

This order affects Tamiya America’s Irvine, California office personnel and the outside logistics company warehouse staff located in Los Angeles.

It is imperative that we keep all staff safe. Our employees will remain at home until the order has been lifted. Furthermore, our Customer Service Department is available to answer email inquiries only at [email protected] for general products questions only.

We will be announcing the latest news regarding the re-opening of our CART system and all other functions via newsletter and the NEWS section in our website.

Be safe everyone. Be kind, enjoy the at home activities, and by all means share your Tamiya model and Radio Control projects on our Facebook and Instagram pages! We want to see how you’re passing the time.

Tamiya America, INC.
Old 03-20-2020, 09:30 AM
ksoc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mustclime
The math of this whole thing are tough to think about..... no one is immune to the virus, if the death rate is 1% and 100% get the infection....that means 3.3 million are going to die in the United States. Now I have read in Italy the death rate goes up when the hospitals run out of respirators to get people the through the infection .....a lot of people are going to die if that happens here..... please be safe
A 100% infection rate is a bit alarmist. Even the 1918 Spanish Flu rate was around 30-40%. That was during the chaos of WWI, and we knew a lot less about viruses and how they work.

Consider the confined space of the Diamond Princess cruise ship (Japan) where the population skewed older. Cruise ships are described as "newly wed or nearly dead". (China lies- to everyone. They kept the CDC out, so without independent verification, data out of China is next to useless.)

4,061 passengers and crew
712 contracted the virus (about 17.5%)
378 showed symptoms (9.3%)
7 deaths(0.17% on the ship / 1.85% of those ill.). All of those were over 70 years old

Has anyone seen numbers tracking the Wuhan Virus vs the seasonal Flu?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...mond-princess/
Old 03-20-2020, 10:12 AM
mustclime

Originally Posted by ksoc
A 100% infection rate is a bit alarmist. Even the 1918 Spanish Flu rate was around 30-40%. That was during the chaos of WWI, and we knew a lot less about viruses and how they work.

Consider the confined space of the Diamond Princess cruise ship (Japan) where the population skewed older. Cruise ships are described as "newly wed or nearly dead". (China lies- to everyone. They kept the CDC out, so without independent verification, data out of China is next to useless.)

4,061 passengers and crew
712 contracted the virus (about 17.5%)
378 showed symptoms (9.3%)
7 deaths(0.17% on the ship / 1.85% of those ill.). All of those were over 70 years old

Has anyone seen numbers tracking the Wuhan Virus vs the seasonal Flu?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...mond-princess/
1) it’s not the Wuhan virus, that’s a dog whistle name for it. Call it Covid 19, that is the real name.
2) the seasonal flue in general kills .1% of those infected. Covid 19 kills 1 present, that’s 10 times more deadly than the flue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.