Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

IBU2 Ultimate

Old 04-25-2022, 07:57 PM
Panzerpaul

Received 25 Likes on 11 Posts
Default IBU2 Ultimate

Gents: This one has me stumped. I have a number of the IBU2 Ultimate boards and am fairly familiar with how to program them, but I can not figure out how to turn off the function which makes the IR apple flash every time it is ready to fire again. I have my tank set for medium so it has a 5 second recycle timing and once that time is up, the apple flashes a couple times....telling me I can shoot again. This causes confusion to others who think they scored a hit at that same time. Besides, I have a pretty good feel for 5 seconds and don't need a flasher to tell me...."ok...you can shoot again" LOL. I do not see this subject addressed in the IBU manual, but I could have missed it. Hope someone has solved this problem by now. Thanks, PP
Old 04-26-2022, 08:23 AM
RichJohnson

Received 373 Likes on 237 Posts

It’s the extended signaling on the INI file on the SD.
turn off extended signaling.
Old 04-26-2022, 11:48 AM
Panzerpaul

Received 25 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks Rich: I also got a quick reply from Ian of RC Tank Electronics in the UK (who is the US dealer for the IBU Boards). He said: This flashing sequence is called Extended Signaling and if you go to the setting files for a board, and find the Miscellaneous Setup, you will see the following at the bottom: Flasher=1;0=Extends signaling OFF, 1=Extended signaling ON. Change to 0 and the flashing will stop. If your board setting's file is missing this info, you can copy and paste it into the bottom of that section. Ian has always been superb with customer support and we at FRAG highly recommend him as a supplier. PP
Old 04-27-2022, 01:46 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

I totally agree with Paul, Ian Judge is just great. He really knows the product, he's very friendly, and he's always willing to help anytime you have a problem. I don't think we could ask for a better vendor for IBU.