Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Axial .28 for a Truggy (pipe)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Axial .28 for a Truggy (pipe)

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 06:51 PM
ArcticCat500

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axial .28 for a Truggy (pipe)

I was courios if anybody is running the Axial .28 and what pipe your running...Im looking into a new truggy and a good solid motor/pipe combo?
Old 11-11-2006, 12:11 AM
NewKid
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Axial .28 for a Truggy (pipe)

i am sure that the axial would be nicely complemented by a jammin jp-1 or jp-2 but there are many other good pipes out there....
Old 11-11-2006, 12:24 AM
ringneck

this is just my 2 cents but i think axial mills are junk they wont last very long due to cheapo internal parts i dont know what youre budget is but you may whant to consider an ofna picco 28 with the ofna 053 pipe that pipe is the best pipe for that mill and will make it easy to tune and will extract all ponies from the engine. the picco 28 in my friends crt is insane. you said you whant a GOOD combo i think that combo is alot better start and will be alot better in the long run
Old 11-11-2006, 06:57 PM
Wizz Kid

ORIGINAL: ringneck

this is just my 2 cents but i think axial mills are junk they wont last very long due to cheapo internal parts i dont know what youre budget is but you may whant to consider an ofna picco 28 with the ofna 053 pipe that pipe is the best pipe for that mill and will make it easy to tune and will extract all ponies from the engine. the picco 28 in my friends crt is insane. you said you whant a GOOD combo i think that combo is alot better start and will be alot better in the long run
i dont know why you think axials are junk and are willing to bet you have never had one. shut up.

ive got the axial in my LSP only with the stock pipe. if you tune the motor correctly the motor will make its power a little higher in the rpm than necessary for a track, so i would reccomend a low end pipe(jp-1 i think??). i think this combo would be real solid and right on the trigger. the power curve is real smooth so no bias power. i can get almost 10 minutes of run time on a 150cc tank and in cool weather. another motor to look at is the mach .26. real popular motor and is real torquey so puttin around tight tracks is easy.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:22 PM
ringneck

no. one i DID own an axial in my savage second DONT talk to me like that on the net you little puke i live in iowa and you live not to far away kansas you get my point you little punk!!!! pm me if you have a real problem. i wasent bashing on ya just stated MY opinion and its evedent you are to stupid to read and understand my comment like i said pm me if you have a real problem PUNKKKKKK
Old 11-12-2006, 12:05 AM
sonic27

[sm=tired.gif]
Old 11-12-2006, 10:13 AM
Wizz Kid

ArticCat500 im sorry about this, but these punk kids are a joke... i also remembered that i run 30% in my axial now. it adds a little more snap off the line, but it doesnt move the power curve down like a pipe would.

in a rescent pm i recieved....

ORIGINAL: ringneck

hey mouth! i wasent bashing on ya you dont talk to me like that on any site you got that you little ass bag! just remember i DO race in kanas once or twice a year same with missourii its only a 3 hr. drive for me you get my drift you little ****. got a problem with me ****ing PM me you *****! you whant to opoligize? i will acept it, you wanna run youre ****ing big punk ass mouth? youre only 3 hrs away from me finding out who you are.
ok PUUUNNNKK! if you were so confident in your pm, then i dont see why you cant say this in public. if you want to put up that mouth, or should i say typing finger, then dont hide behind your computer and come down to our track and show us your expertise. it'll be 5 miles north of Peabody on Nighthawk. it seems to me that you are more than happy to come to kansas, so this drive shouldnt be a problem. come out next sunday because saturday we will be racing in missouri.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:51 AM
ringneck

where at in missouri?[>:] if its p hill or chillicothe IM THERE!!!!
Old 11-12-2006, 12:28 PM
Wizz Kid

i dont wanna bring trash talk to someone else's track. thats just disrespectful. next sunday.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:49 PM
rcsavager

I don't care if you've owned an Axial motor or not. You're still an idiot and still acting less mature than anybody else in this thread. Act your age or take out your aggressions on your computer and throw it out a window. Threatening somebody online is childish and don't impress anybody to see you show your ass while hiding behind your monitor. There are REAL KIDS that come to these forums and I'd like them to see a better example of maturity than you've shown so far. Hope I made my point clear to everybody. But in case I didn't, bring your rig up north to Mass and my Axial .32 will rooster all over you every lap that I pass you.
Old 11-13-2006, 03:04 AM
noximus

pretty funny thread,

anyhew, if you want to actually put your truggy on a race track, i would never suggest an axial .28 as a race engine JMHO.

i find it halarious when people will spend 500+ dollars on a truggy, but then want to find a way to put some 100 dollar motor in it and think it is more than capable in a racing environment. might be true for some track out in the sticks, but i have yet to see one on a truggy out here. i have seen a couple attempt to use those SH .28's and them HPI motors, and when they got lapped by more than a ton of drivers running around a track with .21's, it was like a nitro holocaust LOL next race i didnt even see one. go figure.

club bashing or racing 5 minute mains, sure why not. but for every other racing application, no way.

look into some really nice cheap racing engines that last and have a really nice power band, like the T21BF, OS VG, Werks B3, all these motors are about the 150 to 179 dollar price range.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:43 AM
ArcticCat500

Nox....how do ya feel bout the LRP .28 and the new Dynamite Platinum?
Old 11-13-2006, 10:02 PM
noximus

ORIGINAL: ArcticCat500

Nox....how do ya feel bout the LRP .28 and the new Dynamite Platinum?
the same way i feel about the Axial .28. they are all sport engines. if you were looking to just have some fun with your truggy, any one of htese engines will work great. that dynamite plat seems decent i guess.

in fact i am thinking about buying an engine like the LRP to hit the sand dunes with for my LSP. but for racing, i got my line up of race engines and they arent any of the engines you listed above.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:45 AM
rageworks

TISAS T-32 pipe is the one you want. Go ahead and get the Axial .28. Get the bump start
back plate. Use a 14 tooth clutch bell and run with the so called best of them.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:12 AM
noximus

ORIGINAL: rageworks

TISAS T-32 pipe is the one you want. Go ahead and get the Axial .28. Get the bump start
back plate. Use a 14 tooth clutch bell and run with the so called best of them.
do you even know what truggy he will be running to tell him to run a 14T clutchbell? please show me an Axial .28 running with the best of them.

i sure as hell didnt see an Axial .28 at the ROAR nats in the A, B, C, D main LOL

oh but wait, just because the manufacturer states it can hang with the best of them, i guess it can. [X(]
Old 11-14-2006, 12:19 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

STS 28... more power then every single .21 there is, and gets 8 minutes run time, modded can hit 10 minutes.... very good powerband,

Axial engines have zero top end, decent motor, but will get killed on the straights, maybe good for a small technical track, but nothing more

SH28P6, way way too much power, can race quite fine...but its a pig on gas.

LRP Spec 3, will decimate any .21 there is as fas as power speed and tourque, but once again hard on fuel..

I dont care what Noxi says he has zero experience with the cheaper mills, he's now saying he's considering an LRP, yet 1 month ago he said he had one and its junk..Noxi is a hater and likely a crappy driver, Noxi how many national titles have you won ? whats that none ? then STFU
Old 11-14-2006, 12:24 PM
supertib

another motor to consider is a Mach 427... I got a lightly modded mach 427 in my buddies Hellfire, we get 8 minutes run time, we have a super smooth linear power curve, and very crisp throttle.... watch the power off the line with a 30K center diff

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...85989159158821

and here is a video of my almost 11 gallon SH28P6 ..No .21 there is will run with this thing, unfortunately the best we can get is 6 minutes run time....

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...84241727880297

And WizzKid you sound pretty silly saying an Axial is a top end motor LOL, as I own 3 Axials now and they have zero top end...Any XTM, SH and STS will kill the Axials upp top, Axials are timed to be tourque motors..... Listen to the RPMs my P6 his at 1:46 of the video, now thats a top end.

Old 11-14-2006, 03:17 PM
noximus

I dont care what Noxi says he has zero experience with the cheaper mills, he's now saying he's considering an LRP, yet 1 month ago he said he had one and its junk..Noxi is a hater and likely a crappy driver, Noxi how many national titles have you won ? whats that none ? then STFU
no nat titles, but i have won races, by the way, talking about who won what, what RACE HAVE YOU EVEN ENTERED????? EXACTLY NONE!

but yet you seem to know what motor works for what track HALARIOUS!!!!

so tell me, what tracks have you been to? or raced at? have you even won a race? all these claims of this motor and that motor, but yet you havent even seen a track, only some pile of dirt.

moron in the making.

do something with your life other than spouting BS all over forums about italian mills are just over priced. oh wait, thats right, your modified SH engine will run laps around me and my puny .21 installed in my mugen LMAO i knew there was something special about you lol i just cringe each time you show a clip of your "great" modded SH engine, i feel bad just knowing how much of an ass you make yourself look like. its terrible.

leave engine modding to the pros and the educated. that mill of yours sounded like crap in the vid to give you a heads up.

Old 11-14-2006, 03:33 PM
supertib

ORIGINAL: noximus

no nat titles, but i have won races, by the way, talking about who won what, what RACE HAVE YOU EVEN ENTERED????? EXACTLY NONE!

but yet you seem to know what motor works for what track HALARIOUS!!!!

so tell me, what tracks have you been to? or raced at? have you even won a race? all these claims of this motor and that motor, but yet you havent even seen a track, only some pile of dirt.

moron in the making.

do something with your life other than spouting BS all over forums about italian mills are just over priced. oh wait, thats right, your modified SH engine will run laps around me and my puny .21 installed in my mugen LMAO i knew there was something special about you lol i just cringe each time you show a clip of your "great" modded SH engine, i feel bad just knowing how much of an ass you make yourself look like. its terrible.

leave engine modding to the pros and the educated. that mill of yours sounded like crap in the vid to give you a heads up.

yeah I know it sounds like crap, thats what true high RPM sounds like.... But she would whip your .21 like a redheaded stepchild.....LOL....if we were to line up in the feild I would be in a different zip code before you even got 10 feet LOL.....

Noxi baby, put your money where your mouth is, lets see your high powered machine do some runs, lets see all this .21 HP LMAO !
Old 11-14-2006, 03:51 PM
noximus

Answer the question, what tracks have you been to at least? what races have you won? exactly, NONE.

and flics???? are you serious? the motors i run are PROVEN, pro's are running .21's everyday and anyday. i dont need to run around with some cam corder to film myself going up and down a street.

im not like you supertib, i dont go around forums showing flics of some hack job of a mod and goind around in circles on a patch of grass claiming your engine with spank any .21. YOU NEVER EVEN RACED!!! LMAO thats whats so halarious!!!

thats like you driving some geo metro up and down the street and you walking into NASCAR and telling them you will spank any engine they got. one word for you supertib MORON

keep doing what you are doing, thats what YOU enjoy, stay off the crank, stay in school, and dont suggest anything if you never did it yourself.

i forgot to add, i HAD the LRP, i sold it to my bud that had a LST, which suited his kit waaaayyyyyyy better, garbage run time, but definately not something i would race with. key word there supertib, "race" now that i cant even sell my LSP anywhere near i paid for it, i am making it into a nice bashing truggy, which is why i am considering a "bashing/sport" motor like the LRP.

you should try racing, it will humble you down some.

Old 11-14-2006, 04:03 PM
noximus

honestly though, what i think you should really do, if you think so highly of your mods and your motor, you should pay an individual who races on a constant basis and have him or her run your motors and prove why your mods are worth buying or looking into. thats what i would do if i was making such claims.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:15 PM
supertib

honestly though, what i think you should really do, if you think so highly of your mods and your motor, you should pay an individual who races on a constant basis and have him or her run your motors and prove why your mods are worth buying or looking into. thats what i would do if i was making such claims.
do you feel better ? I knew needed to rant a little bit.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:48 PM
noximus

ORIGINAL: supertib

LMAO no, i dont rant. good one.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:36 PM
supertib

ORIGINAL: supertib

LMAO no, i dont rant. good one.

Miss Me ?
Old 11-14-2006, 06:09 PM
Wizz Kid

god just forget it. nobody ever get an Axial because nobody knows how to tune them and gear them right and where to find their power. im getting sick of this truggy section. if you are not the same as everyone else, then you arent allowed. i'll just delete my post as if i were never here and return to the norm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.