Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

GROUP BUILD - Top Flite Giant Scale F4U Corsair

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

GROUP BUILD - Top Flite Giant Scale F4U Corsair

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 06:23 AM
swampd

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: GROUP BUILD - Top Flite Giant Scale F4U Corsair

Hey, Guys -

I've been stuck for a while now on the main landing gear doors. The problem I'm having is with the hinges. I purchased some Robart 350s, thinking they'd be most rugged and "scale-like", but I can't seem to get the opening/closing geometry to work. Can someone either point me to or post some pics of a similar setup showing where the hinge center line should be; what, if any, shims need to be placed on the wing side and/or door side; and any beveling required on the hinge side of the door or wing skin?

This is driving me nuts! I'm an electrical engineer, not mechanical, but have always prided myself in being able to figure out just about anything. But for whatever reason, the solution here is evading me!

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide! You could be the savior of my sanity!

Marsh
Old 03-18-2013, 12:20 PM
ctflyboy
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Marsh,
You need to go to the index on page 1, scroll down till you come to GEAR DOORS,there you will see a whole lot of post, simply click on the post number and it will take you directly to that post.
In the gear door section you will find a varied selection of what guys did to accomplish this part of the build,
Hope this helps,if you need further assistance don't hesitate to PM me and perhaps I can send you some close up pics .

George
CORSAIR Brotherhood # 1

Old 03-22-2013, 07:30 PM
Driskelljc

Received a reply from Iron Bay that they are still making the F4U cockpit & canopy, but for the Byron Originals (hallow fiberglass fuselage kit). Has anyone tried to modify the sliding canopy from iron bay / and have it still look scale ? I know there are past postings on this canopy, but was looking for a more recent posting on this before I drop the $67. 

Old 03-25-2013, 06:37 AM
Sniper68

I'm building the TF Gold .60 Corsair and adding Robart Retracts. Regarding the tail wheel, I haven't figured out how to attach the rudder control to the retract. Can't tell from your posting how you did that. Can you explain that step for me? Maybe I missed a post.Appreciate the help.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:13 PM
dblonghofer
My Feedback: (7)

I was thinking of putting the evolution 777 radio on the front of my top-flight giant scale corsair.
Has anyone on this thread Attempted this yet
Old 04-02-2013, 05:30 AM
rt3232
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sniper68

I have ot seen the 60 size plans but what I did on my G/S I used the center servo position for the rudder and then just fwd I raised a servo just enoubh to clear the rudden arm, and used a pull/pull set up on the tailwheel Y harnessed them to gether. I have not had any issues with the retract being none alined for comming down. Another way might be If there is not room then a long double arm houn and use the outer holes for the T/W and the secound hole in for the Rudder on a push/pull rod

Just my thoughts Cheers Bob T
Old 04-02-2013, 05:36 AM
rt3232

Hi dblonghofer

I don't know of any one using that engine, but it would depend on dia in the cowl and what the engine puts out in power, So a ? what size prop will it turn and at what RPM's

Cheers Bob T
Old 04-13-2013, 12:33 PM
DaddySam
My Feedback: (9)

Guys, FYI I've decided to sell the Keleo exhaust for my TFGS Corsair. Here is a link to the ad: http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemID=911509
Old 04-21-2013, 07:04 PM
ctflyboy

Hey All,
A week has come and gone and no one posting
I can't believe the lack of interest in this thread now a days,
I guess the world of ARF's have kind of taken over,
although I shouldn't talk or complain that much as I
don't get in here to post that much either but I do check it out daily,
I guess its must be out of habit.

Hey RT remember back in the day we had so many guys in here building, and asking everyone for different opinions, I must say those days I really miss,but maybe it will turn around,I would think it would just based on the economy where building would out do the world of ARF's just on the expense side then with something to look forward to as far as the building aspect goes.
Like I said I'm in here nightly, and I just figured I d put my 2 cents in.
George
CORSAIR Brotherhood # 1
Old 04-22-2013, 07:31 AM
swampd

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, George!

Still building mine, using so many of the hints, techniques, and overall expertise shared here that I can't begin to count them! Best of all, I finally got my main landing gear door issues worked out - at least on the port side. Now I just need to duplicate it on the starboard side! And I've ordered mini flashlights, parts of which have been used here for the identification lights on the starboard wing, so that's next on the agenda.

Hope to have my Corsair, modeled after the Sun Setter hanging in the Udvar Hazy museum at Dulles airport, in flying configuration by fall.

Thanks so much to all the contributors in this thread! Us "newbie" scale builders greatly appreciate your experience and patience!

Marsh
Old 04-22-2013, 07:42 AM
Gryper

Marsh

I second that! I'm also still busy with mine and as you said, I've also used plenty of the ideas on the thread to help me out, especially as this is also my first scale build.

Regards
Old 04-22-2013, 09:14 AM
B-Squared

I third that George...I'm seeing the "light at the end of the tunnel" on my build as well (Top Flite GS Corsair - Plug in Wings) and am always interested in what builders participating in this thread are doing. I'm doing a lot of modifications and have borrowed many ideas from this thread. I appreciate all the hard work the guys have done with these Corsairs.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:18 PM
rt3232

Ok you rascal's B-squared, Gryper & Swamped

Now what you need to do is post some pic's of your handy work

I have now become simiretired will have 4 days per week off, so will try to get in a bunch of flying and may be a vid of both my birds the corsair and the p-47. so will keep you all posted if we ever get spring in the next 24 hrs we are to get 4 to 10 inches of heavy wet snow [>:]

Cheers Bob T
Old 04-22-2013, 05:38 PM
ctflyboy

Hey RT,

CONGRATS on your semi retirement.
With that I really hope you get a lot of flying in

GEORGE
CORSAIR Brotherhood # 1

Old 04-22-2013, 10:19 PM
Driskelljc

<style><! Font Definitions */@font-face {font-family:"MS 明朝"; panose-1:0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-charset:128; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-formatther; mso-font-pitch:fixed; mso-font-signature:1 134676480 16 0 131072 0;}@font-face {font-family:"MS 明朝"; panose-1:0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-charset:128; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-formatther; mso-font-pitch:fixed; mso-font-signature:1 134676480 16 0 131072 0;}@font-face {font-family:Cambria; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} Style Definitions */p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"MS 明朝"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}.MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"MS 明朝"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}@page WordSection1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;}div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;}></style>

Just wanted to thank everyone that hascontinued to keep this forum alive. This will be my first war bird and scalebuild so with out this site I don't think I would have taken on such a build. Will make sure that I do my part and psot pictures as I build.

Alsofor what it is worth, in this months Flight Journal they focus on the Corsair!Some good pictures, and a good read too.

Old 04-23-2013, 04:53 AM
rt3232

Driskelljc

If you are going to add a lot of scale I would gather up every thing you find on corsairs for info review it all halps abit. Outher than that after I lost my first one I found that following the manual was the easeiest, but it did prompt a lot of questions.

Build lite and remember 1oz in the tail is = about 4 to 6 in the nose

cheers Bob T
Old 04-23-2013, 06:12 AM
stevegauth30

where can i find that flight journal?
Old 04-23-2013, 06:28 AM
Driskelljc

Bob - Thank you for your advice. I have been trying to soak everything in the best I can since discovering this forum about a year ago. Luckily  I am deployed to Afghanistan at the moment so I have plenty of time to write down everything and trying to plan out my build on paper first. I have been wanting to do this build for a few years now, so I am in no hurry to rush through anything, just want a good looking bird that looks as well as it flys

And as for finding a copy of Flight Journal, I picked up my copy at the base PX but I am sure that any book store will have a copy. If not, here is the link the magazines web site:  http://www.flightjournal.com 
<xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings></xml><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <woNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>JA</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexscript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexscript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <wontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> <w:UseFELayout/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument></xml><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="276"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles></xml><style> Style Definitions */table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}</style>

<o></o>

Old 04-23-2013, 07:26 AM
Buckmeister

First: "Thank You!" for your service!
As a first warbird build, I would stay mostlywith the plans for a very flyable and great plane to build.
My "scale" friends would probably agree with that statement and then "scale it out" anyway, because that is what makes them happy.
The Giant TFCorsair is a great looking plane as supplied in the kit and the lack of scale detail would not be noticed by at least 3/4ths of the people who see it.

(I personallythink 97% would think it's fantastic,1% would say it doesn't have folding wings,1% would focus on other detail and the other 1% would not know what they are talking about.)

If you really like taking the time to scale everything, go for it. I admire those who can, and then fly them.
I struggle to get enough time to build and fly (and repair), therefore I choose to build close to the plans, add some retracts,fiberglass what should be hard surface, paint and some visual detail get me to "my happy zone".

Do as much as you can reasonably do without getting stressed out!

Be safe and return to do some happy building and flying.
Again..."Thank You!" for your service
Old 04-23-2013, 09:28 AM
rt3232

Having noyhing better to do than look at this screen or the 5 inches of snow we cot last nite [>:]

Driskelljc + for you service and stay safe as possable.

I agree with buckmeister with exceptino on a copala of points first is the top of the rudder mod to get the correct shape, and the secound is the wing tip mod they are both easy to do and just make your bird a little better and adds that personel tuch

cheers Bob T
Old 04-23-2013, 09:45 AM
GaryM
My Feedback: (14)

OK, this is not a build question, but seeking information trying to identify an item or color I see on some corsairs.
There is a light colored or shiny object that can be seen in two or three places on some, but not all corsairs. Look just behind the prop on the cowl and above the M in Mariens on the tail. The item looks to be maybe two inches tall and about six inches long. Is it a lever for opening a hatch or just a paint marking that has some significance?
If connectted the two seem to draw a line from the hub to the horizontal. Could these be used to level the the fuse while sighting in the guns?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd90569.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	1875522  
Old 04-23-2013, 05:38 PM
rt3232

Gary

Good question. So I went to some of my books to see if I could find an ansure, found several pic's with the same marks and all of the right side but nothing direct, found that the guns were set to converg at 250 yds and 2 deg's hi if that helps.

cheers Bob T
Old 04-23-2013, 07:18 PM
stevegauth30

I don't know for sure, but it is right on the datum line. Maybe your right.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:07 PM
raaf

HI ALL.
Do you have room for 1 more member.I recieved my kit 8 months ago from Tower Hobbies and have been making steady progress.my goal is to do as much scale work as my skill level allows.
quick spec- radio is dx18
retracts are robart elec with scale tailwheel [completed]
motor pkg is evolution 77cc raidial [cowl fitment is good]
operational cowl flaps [completed]
servo op sliding canopy [completed]

cheers shayne.
p40 brotherhood #60
spitfire brotherhood #178
Old 05-05-2013, 12:45 AM
raaf

ILL TRY A COUPLE OF PICS.SECOND SHOT IS SLIDING CANOPY SETUP.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74372.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	1879292   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj25831.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	1879293  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.