Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

KMP Stuka-build details

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

KMP Stuka-build details

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 03:54 PM
ProScaleRc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: KMP Stuka-build details

ORIGINAL: DiabloKid

I visit this thread after a few days to notice some naughty behavior. I have notified the moderator of this section as its out of my jurisdiction. Please refrain from personal attacks. No amount of degrees or flight time gives anyone the right to call someone else names. If this continues the thread will be locked.

stay tuned..

Hey Diablokid,

I'm sorry that this forum has been used as a medium to make a personal attack. My comments were not created for this purpose, it's just that quite a few people had been discussing this thread off-line and felt that something needed to be said regarding it all. I should have realized that this would have fueled the fire. I will say no more about the subject and will not respond to Mark's personal stabs.

My apologies.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:24 PM
flapper

Guys,
I accept ProScaleRc's apology in relation to his personal attacks to myself and every other modeler who have fitted a non spec engine. Perhaps he has learned from his error of judgement and may have the foresight to refrain from doing this in the future.

Similar to ProScaleRc's comments, I have also discussed the issue off line with many others who have the same opinion in relation to failure of the centre wing section. As has been discussed, the intention was to suggest a possible fix to a problem not a finger pointing blame game.

I sincerely hope that everyone is able to enjoy flying their Stuka and are able to do that for some time.

Regards
Mark
Old 10-28-2007, 10:28 PM
Whistling Death

Is there anyway we might get this back on topic with this thread? I was so glad hookemut started it as I have a KMP Stuka in the box for a winter project.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:51 AM
ProScaleRc

Yes, on a lighter note, I started my Stuka today... my plan is do all the basic weathering prior to construction as it's much easier to handle smaller parts, rather than trying to airbrush a large obscure object like a plane. Here's some images from the underside of the wings. As you can see my Stuka will be heavily weathered. I'm using two B&W stock books to obtain true weathering detail.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92391.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	792697   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ie98176.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	792698   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kp34041.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	792699   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xq44156.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	792700  
Old 11-13-2007, 07:07 AM
psnibson

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi all,
I'm a new here and Id like some advice on my ESM Stuka. I'm running a 120 OS four stroke with the CG about 1 inch forward of the manuals recommendation. I only guessed the alignment for the Ailerons. In flight I found I had to down trim a lot, almost to the full extent of the trim. If I try a landing without flaps as soon as I drop power it balloons up making landing very difficult. when I turn on the flaps at 1/2 throttle she realy dives down. However, using flaps to land under half throttle seems to be just right(counters the ballooning affect. After all this I would really like to take the down trim out, it was suggested to me to drop the engine angle slightly, done this and it improved about 3 clicks on the trim (hardly moved it). Also does any one use Flaperons with the Flaps?

Does any one have some advice for me?
Old 11-13-2007, 07:02 PM
jmohn

You usually have to mix in some down elevator when you apply flaps. I like to have a half & full flap setting on my planes so if it's a windy day you can use the half flap setting to land the plane. Try mixing in 5-10 degrees down elevator when you apply the flaps. This will eliminate the ballooning effect.

I just ordered a KMP Stuka to do an electric conversion. Should be a fun project.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:22 PM
psnibson

Well it doesn’t balloon when I have the flaps down. Flaps down on low power it descends and lands nicely. When I put the flaps down on 1/2 power it does dive a fair bit, maybe I need to set my Flaps and Ailerons a little lower in their neutral position. Without flaps it balloons but I’m concerned that in normal flight mode it needs almost all the trim down to fly level. I could just ignore it but there must be something causing this.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:35 AM
greenbaron

Just guessing: You could have the ailerons and flaps missaligned (too low), this could explain the need for almost full down elevator trim in level flight. The engine negative incidence and the drag induced by flaps when deployed could counteranct the ballooning, you will need some throttle to avoid stalling her.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:36 PM
jmohn

You might also want to check the wing incidence. It probably should be about zero or plus 1-2%. It it's more than that it will balloon when you apply power. Send an email to KMP and see what they recommend.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:30 PM
hookemut
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: jmohn

You might also want to check the wing incidence. It probably should be about zero or plus 1-2%. It it's more than that it will balloon when you apply power. Send an email to KMP and see what they recommend.
Hi,
The decollage is all built in: the wing saddle/fairing is a beautiful fit with the wing and the horizontal halves fair nicely with fuse stubs molded for them. There are several of these Stukas flying nicely without having to mess with the built-in incidence.
hookemut
Old 11-14-2007, 01:58 PM
jmohn

I would check out anyway if you are having ballooning issues. I have one plane with a glass fuz and the wing incidence was all messed up. I had to add some shims to get it right. Flys great now.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:19 PM
Luftwaffe60

Just to let all of you know.....verification......
Tomas @ VQwarbirds is indeed the BEST person to deal with!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-21-2007, 10:18 PM
stormin69

Hookemut...your build details will be very helpfull! I just received my KMP stuka today...now I have to decide on an engine..
Old 11-22-2007, 02:38 AM
Whistling Death

ORIGINAL: stormin69

Hookemut...your build details will be very helpfull! I just received my KMP stuka today...now I have to decide on an engine..
RCV?
Old 11-22-2007, 10:16 AM
hookemut

ORIGINAL: BBOwen

ORIGINAL: stormin69

RCV?
Hi guys,
Mine is plenty hot with the YS 120, and the prototype is still flying with a RCV 91-CD-which I believe would be more than adequate. Yes, yes, I know the old adage-'that's what the throttle lever is for'. Do not try to force a gas engine into this model! Weight may be attractive, but at the expense of buggering up the really nice cowl lines.
With the YS up front, I had to locate around 10oz of lead on one of the motor mount arms, but no big deal: put the cowl on, admire the lines, and go fly!
hookemut
Old 11-22-2007, 01:16 PM
ghost-RCU
My Feedback: (10)

I'm going to the hobby shop this weekend. I'm going to take the cowl to see how a RCV 130cd will fit. Will let you know if interested.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:00 PM
mobyal

ORIGINAL: ghost-RCU

I'm going to the hobby shop this weekend. I'm going to take the cowl to see how a RCV 130cd will fit. Will let you know if interested.

Ghost --
I've got a NIB RCV 120 that I'd be willing to part with at a good price.
PM me if you're interested.
Al
Old 11-22-2007, 03:04 PM
ghost-RCU

Thanks Mobyal but I really want the 130cd.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:23 PM
hookemut

ORIGINAL: ghost-RCU

Hey ghost,
The LHS really has a RCV 130CD? I keep close tabs on RCV, didn't know that the 130 had been released-came in under the radar!!
Since the RCV 91CD flies the Stuka nicely, the 130 should be a nice fit AND plenty of power! -just a tad apre's flight oily!
hookemut
Old 11-22-2007, 03:51 PM
ghost-RCU

Yep they have them in stock. I looked at one they had in stock last week.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:48 AM
stormin69

I have a saito 125 in a hangar 9 thunderbolt...it may be too much ...we will see this weekend(weather permitting) maybe I will take it out for the stuka,otherwise I may try a saito 1.50
Old 12-17-2007, 04:04 PM
rockz

Alanc will a standard 90 4 stroke fly this plane?
Old 12-18-2007, 01:19 PM
alanc

sorry, tried to reply to this last night, and the broadband crashed--V strange,

the prototype flew on an RCV 91CD, mine is to have an OS91 FSR, why? it fits, i have a rearward pitts type muffler for it, and it growls in a dive!! there is a video somewhere that shows it flying with the 91, it was enough, i have seen it fly, and it looked great!!

i got mine out on sunday night, and dry-fitted the wing panels, mine line up perfectly, i couldnt say the same for the tail though, this is an aircraft like no other, yes, it needs a modicum of fitting together, but, look at what you get, an aircraft that the guys down the field will all clamour to come look at, persevere, and ti will al be worth it, the build is just differant, that all, mine has its quirks, and i am loving every one of them, boring it AINT
Old 12-19-2007, 10:48 AM
Whistling Death

ORIGINAL: alanc

sorry, tried to reply to this last night, and the broadband crashed--V strange,

the prototype flew on an RCV 91CD, mine is to have an OS91 FSR, why? it fits, i have a rearward pitts type muffler for it, and it growls in a dive!! there is a video somewhere that shows it flying with the 91, it was enough, i have seen it fly, and it looked great!!

i got mine out on sunday night, and dry-fitted the wing panels, mine line up perfectly, i couldnt say the same for the tail though, this is an aircraft like no other, yes, it needs a modicum of fitting together, but, look at what you get, an aircraft that the guys down the field will all clamour to come look at, persevere, and ti will al be worth it, the build is just differant, that all, mine has its quirks, and i am loving every one of them, boring it AINT
You are right. This plane is so cool. I can't wait to get mine to the field. Coupled with a RCV 120SP this will be different from anything anyone has at my field. I am going to make a booklet to go with it to show all the details about the plane and engine because it will be show and tell every time I bring it to the field. Mine has definitely had it's quirks but I just marvel at the beauty of this plane every time I walk by it. This plane is more build than ARF in my opinion. Quite unique.
Old 12-21-2007, 10:41 PM
hookemut

[quote]ORIGINAL: alanc

ORIGINAL: alanc

------- boring it AINT
You sure got that right, especially landing this maverick!! We took the spats etc off and went up on the lg wire dimeter. have NOT found the correct landing set-up yet! Did I mention 'kopfstands' several months back? Such a sweetie in the air and such a b@#%&
landing! Enjoy, alan and Merry Christmas!
hookemut
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf97822.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	268.5 KB
ID:	831098   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni23982.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	289.2 KB
ID:	831099   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot47033.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	200.0 KB
ID:	831100   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sm28812.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	354.7 KB
ID:	831101  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.