Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Electric Byron F-16 Build

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Electric Byron F-16 Build

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 10:36 PM
The Ghost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Electric Byron F-16 Build

Hi All, got a bit of painting done before the gail force winds picked up, the first 3 colours are on the model, only about 6 to go.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay73496.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	1035364   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je99342.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	1035365   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pv52980.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	1035366   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mg97809.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	1035367   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gr93439.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	1035368  
Old 09-17-2008, 10:55 PM
ticketec
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey mate,

She's looking great!!! real sinister with the all black paint she's wearing.

Thanks

dave
Old 09-18-2008, 08:05 AM
ticketec

Well, i got colour number two down this afternoon.. I also sprayed some black enamel up the tail pipe to hide what's in there a little more.

Externally, all i have left is the radome and the turkey feathers. have not decided on the fina colour scheme but am much closer. i finally found a few that were more like what i was looking for.

The elevator servos are back in, the rudder was always there, so the next few jobs will be thrust tube, which i now have the material for, fix a wheel issue, and install the lights. then I'll look into the final servo lead and motor leads installation, make a mount for the ESC and VHVBEC, and most importantly, tip missile mounts andsidewinders!!

thanks

dave

Name:	Qo41085.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	1035448   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq52428.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	1035449   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kq35656.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	1035450   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ey70700.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	1035451   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uf50791.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	1035452  
Old 09-18-2008, 08:43 AM
jescardin
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dave, nice to find on RC Universe chaps on the other side of the world with the same preferences : F-16, Me-163, Bf-109G, P-51D Mustang, ......

It is always interesting to have a look into others workshopd and see how you organize and what other models you have and nice if you discover they like the same models than you.

Best luck with your F-16 project which I "check" everyday from Spain.

Best Regards,

Jesus Cardin
Old 09-18-2008, 05:05 PM
The Ghost

Dave, the paint looks a lot better than when you got it, it's all the trim paint that takes the time. Will have to get out the liquid mask to do a lot of trim paint on mine. Will start on it today as it looks like a good day.

Cheers
Old 09-18-2008, 06:01 PM
ticketec

Hey Jescardin,

Alomejor estaras al otro lado del mundo pero todavia puesdes encontra aquien que habla espanol

I'm not sure what you mean how someone else organised their workshop, Mine's such a mess!![X(] But i agree with you. i always find it very interesting to see other modellers workshops and their other toys.

I love the Me-163 and the Me-262, and hopefully the 1/4 scale Me-163 hanging in the garage will be the next build when i finish the F-16. but that will still be some time away because i have to finish off details on my P-51b, Ju-87 and my Fw-190 before i start anything else.

Thanks

Dave
Old 09-18-2008, 11:33 PM
The Ghost

Major disaster, Just returned from the doctors, After going out this morning to do some more on the f-16 carrying a jar of thiners my gammy leg decided not ot work for a second and I went A over T. From what I have been told from my sister who locked up the garage, the thiners scored a direct hit on the model, I have not seen it yet as I am sitting here with my arm in a sling and a broken shoulder(AGAIN) just waiting for the pain meds to take me to sleepie land. Will be out of action for about 4 week and then will only be able to do light work (NO RUBBING OF THE PAINT) from the doctor.

Cheers
Old 09-19-2008, 02:15 AM
jescardin

"The Ghost", my most sincere apologies for your accident and, please, take care to recover well from that. I wish you a not very painfull and sedate recovering.

Dave, what a surprise your Spanish lenguage knowleadge my friend!. What I said about "workshop organization" is just a fair expression as I think ALL of our workshops are, at least at some moment a TOTAL MESS. Mine -I am finishing a restauration work on an old PILOT Field Box which lied abandoned at my club- is even worse than yours now that I am making wood, paint, electrical and integration works together so as to be able to totally asemble and make the ox operative for this weekend.

So, for me, it is relaxing seing I am not the only one unable to keep my workshop tidy at all moments. I even think that those pretty workshops we see sometimes it is just thatthey were prepared for the photo or even worst, ........that their owner buid quite little in them!.

Best Regards and be sure I will follow your threads with great interest.

Jesus Cardin
Old 09-19-2008, 02:58 AM
ticketec

ORIGINAL: The Ghost

Major disaster, Just returned from the doctors, After going out this morning to do some more on the f-16 carrying a jar of thiners my gammy leg decided not ot work for a second and I went A over T. From what I have been told from my sister who locked up the garage, the thiners scored a direct hit on the model, I have not seen it yet as I am sitting here with my arm in a sling and a broken shoulder(AGAIN) just waiting for the pain meds to take me to sleepie land. Will be out of action for about 4 week and then will only be able to do light work (NO RUBBING OF THE PAINT) from the doctor.

Cheers
[X(][X(]

Sorry to hear of the fall mate Hope your on the mend now as well. i did have a little chuckle.. as will all true modellers, you have to get a report on how your model was. 4 weeks sounds like a long stint out of action.

Thanks

dave
Old 09-19-2008, 03:05 AM
ticketec

ORIGINAL: jescardin

"The Ghost", my most sincere apologies for your accident and, please, take care to recover well from that. I wish you a not very painfull and sedate recovering.

Dave, what a surprise your Spanish lenguage knowleadge my friend!. What I said about "workshop organization" is just a fair expression as I think ALL of our workshops are, at least at some moment a TOTAL MESS. Mine -I am finishing a restauration work on an old PILOT Field Box which lied abandoned at my club- is even worse than yours now that I am making wood, paint, electrical and integration works together so as to be able to totally asemble and make the ox operative for this weekend.

So, for me, it is relaxing seing I am not the only one unable to keep my workshop tidy at all moments. I even think that those pretty workshops we see sometimes it is just thatthey were prepared for the photo or even worst, ........that their owner buid quite little in them!.

Best Regards and be sure I will follow your threads with great interest.

Jesus Cardin
I'm cheating a little.... My Parents are spanish. from Valladolid. they move to Australia more than 30 years ago so i was born and breed here, but have a few tricks up my sleeve! I also spent 3 months in Madrid on a project for work early last year which helped too!

I am supposed to be busy renovating our house but i somehow get distracted that's why the garage is full of tools and replacement parts for the house.

thanks

dave
Old 09-19-2008, 03:38 AM
The Ghost

Hi All,

This one finger typing sucks[&o]. Thanks for the concern, The ball joint of the shoulder was split and I cant even lift my arm at the moment. Went out and had a quick look at the model, Paint is fried, if I wanted a crinkle finish I would of added it to the paint in the first place[&:]. Will have to completly rub back the wings and strip the fuse and start all over again[:@]. I have had the same injury to the same sholder before , but this time it is worse and last time it took 4 weeks before I could use it. O well I would have stopped next week for 2 weeks any way as I will have my daughter for the hols. So by the time I am able to get back into it I should be able to some work.

Cheers
Old 09-19-2008, 09:13 AM
ticketec

ORIGINAL: The Ghost

Hi All,

This one finger typing sucks[&o]. Thanks for the concern, The ball joint of the shoulder was split and I cant even lift my arm at the moment. Went out and had a quick look at the model, Paint is fried, if I wanted a crinkle finish I would of added it to the paint in the first place[&:]. Will have to completly rub back the wings and strip the fuse and start all over again[:@]. I have had the same injury to the same sholder before , but this time it is worse and last time it took 4 weeks before I could use it. O well I would have stopped next week for 2 weeks any way as I will have my daughter for the hols. So by the time I am able to get back into it I should be able to some work.

Cheers

About the best i can say it DOH![:@]
Old 09-19-2008, 09:21 AM
ticketec

Well, i have been a busy working away. I painted the radome and the turkey feathers too. i'm pretty happy with how they came out. i used Model Master buffable metalisers. the last picture is for jescardin

I also managed to get most of the lights installed but didn't have the camera downstairs with me to take pic's. oh well hopefully i'll get some of her outside to really see how visable they are. I was also playing around with my digi camera and here is he you tube vid of me spraying the exhaust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAkcS9JABlE

Thanks

Dave

Name:	Nk27824.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	1036071   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rn39217.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	1036072   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm23835.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	1036073   Click image for larger version

Name:	Au56983.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	1036074  
Old 09-19-2008, 12:01 PM
CastorTroy2150
My Feedback: (10)

MMMMM Thinks I may come and steal that little beauty!! What is your address again haha, great job she is beautiful, cannot WAIT unitill you post some maiden video...wait you are going to put a video right....lol
Old 09-19-2008, 07:19 PM
The Ghost

Dave, shes looking really good, I like the vid, time laps, haven't done that for a few years. Last time was a tree arborist who had to take down a 30 mtr high pine. May have fixed the paint problem if I can only talk my nephew into doing the rubbing down and getting it back into undercoat, should only take 2 days

Cheers
Old 09-20-2008, 10:55 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice work guys, I picked up a built, never finished f16 a few weeks ago, Ive toyed with the electric idea.. subscribing...
Old 09-21-2008, 08:02 AM
jescardin

Dave, thanks for the photo mate. Your workshop is getting tidy by the moment!.

By the way and look what a coincidence: no more than 2 days ago I watched a TV program on Spanish emigrants to Australia and how hard all they worked there -they spoke mainly about a mine and a steel factory- and how first arrived men and then, in an organizated emigration mission by the Catholic Church, it was promoted between young ladies to go to Australia and that is became "mandatory" to marry Spanish and Italian males as almost none of them spoke English.

Now, most of them between 60 and 70 and with their family grown in Australia only come to Spain on vacation even many of them would like to come back for living.

Best regards and coment your parents you have now a Spanish collegue following your advances with your EDF F-16.

Jesus Cardin
Old 09-21-2008, 11:02 AM
JohnVH

Has anyone that has one of these birds strengthened up the tail section? More specificaly the base of the rudder fuselage. Its pretty flimsy
Old 09-21-2008, 04:38 PM
The Ghost

Has anyone that has one of these birds strengthened up the tail section? More specificaly the base of the rudder fuselage. Its pretty flimsy
If all the ply is put in there as per the instructions, then they are plenty strong enough. As TICKETEC found out, one of the formers was not fitted in his and I think that a lot of them were bulit like that.

Cheers
Old 09-21-2008, 04:44 PM
JohnVH

Hmm, maybe thats all Im missing, anyone have a picture of this rear former? Im pretty confident mine is a very old one, as it has all the servo's in the canopy area, I know at least the rudder needs to be changed to ward off flutter.

Thanks
Old 09-21-2008, 04:44 PM
ticketec

ORIGINAL: jescardin

Dave, thanks for the photo mate. Your workshop is getting tidy by the moment!.

By the way and look what a coincidence: no more than 2 days ago I watched a TV program on Spanish emigrants to Australia and how hard all they worked there -they spoke mainly about a mine and a steel factory- and how first arrived men and then, in an organizated emigration mission by the Catholic Church, it was promoted between young ladies to go to Australia and that is became "mandatory" to marry Spanish and Italian males as almost none of them spoke English.

Now, most of them between 60 and 70 and with their family grown in Australia only come to Spain on vacation even many of them would like to come back for living.

Best regards and coment your parents you have now a Spanish collegue following your advances with your EDF F-16.

Jesus Cardin
Well, my parents were already married when they came out and my older sister was born in spain, so i guess they were a little out of the norm then. My dad came out as an electrical engineer so i guess he has it a little easier too. Although my parents have been back many time to spain, ( they were there 3 months ago) i don't thi k they are in any rush to live back there. they have become too accustomed to the Australian lifestyle

Thanks for watching and hopefully it will be flying soon

Hey johnVH, just as i'm typing this i see that Ghost has given you the low down. check post 103. it realy strengthen the whole back end.

thanks

dave

Old 09-21-2008, 04:46 PM
ticketec

P.s.

My rudder servo is in the nose area, and the location of the servo shouldn't dictate whether she suffers from flutter, but the stiffness os the control run will.

thanks

dave
Old 09-21-2008, 04:50 PM
JohnVH

Oh there I see it.. Nope, mine doesnt have that, that explains it, if anyone can trace one that has not been installed yet, Id be very grateful!!!
Old 09-21-2008, 05:01 PM
The Ghost

John, there is axually 3 formers that go up in there. If you look at post #50 second photo(side on) you will see the former #3 ,flying stab servo tray and #9, 3Vertical, Servo tray horoz, and 9 angled to support the former R-2 on the rear of the rudder. I may not be able to build at the moment but can give info on the model. If you give me 1/2 hr I will look through the paper work and get them coppied for you.

Cheers
Old 09-21-2008, 05:28 PM
The Ghost

Photo 1, layout in the rear of the Fuse, (Note:- R-2 part of rudder) Photo 2, Where they sit in the Fuse, Photo 3 Former F-3, Only half Sorry it was broken, I just made a new one.

Cheers

Name:	Rp42987.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	1037629   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn41581.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	1037630   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bg92147.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	1037631  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.