Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Lado retracts, do the really exist?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Lado retracts, do the really exist?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 03:16 AM
thedeuce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lado retracts, do the really exist?

Got this link for evryone to look at:

http://www.bbb.org/northeast-califor...#ratingdetails
Old 11-04-2009, 08:12 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have chimed in from time to time and I guess as a bystander I 1)dont want to see anyone in the rc hobby get stressed over what is supposed to be a fun hobby .
I personally have about 4 warbirds still in need of gear and I buy and build them one at a time .
I guess my confusion is I have read all the countless post on all the problems with the servace , endless pages of real problems like 6 months and then want-a -bee problems like 4 weeks .
I think the bigger learning life lession is self control . Why buy from a company when repeatledly I mean repeatedly over & over & over there are reports of major black outs in customer servace .Then the business model seems to be contact explanation and the cycle starts all over again .Each time the same things happen
1)the cult following says I told you so -and" Doug I love you ", please dont forget to send mine , take your time buddy , pallie friend truely sickning
2)newbees join the buying list whats really strange is that some of the newbees get shipped before the vetren long term guys that have been professional and quite and waiting
3)then your hit with countless post I got mine , ups called , its like an ugly girl who finally got asked to a dance waiting at the door for her date , again really wierd
4)BUt again the cycle continues , I am not going to repeat all the reasons that are listed from Lado and all the times for delay all of this because we as modelers dont want to deal with a simple adjustment of an air valve ect on great gear and servace from people like Sierra .
5)Now if you go back to the very very beginning , I posted that my concern with Lado is that the eletronics are near one of the highest areas of stress when landing . Ok so the experts chimed in and yelled , your so wrong , you need learn how to land , I am using mine over 10000 times and there great ect ect . Now real world at my field in a H9 corsair , has the same problems as stated above , normal good landings , mixed with ok landings (not bad ones ) .Ok so there not perfact , but the reality of the eltronics in the gear houseing is real and still a long term concern
6) So , back on subject you read these post , you read the inconsistant behavior , lack of customer servace and yet we buy , we buy again and again ?
Why - no self control , desire to want more then the thought process of risk to benifit ok so its America and its your freedom to choose .
But if you choose to buy and I assure you many more will continue to do so as more drop off , then you and you alone need to be accountable for your decision . I am not talking about the poor souls who bought early and belived in a American business , I admire you guys , I am talking from this point on if you buy from this company live with your decison , take the complaints to the BBB so that on RCU we can enjoy the hobby . I say that knowing many will bash my comments and say "this is an open forum for all to see "yes it is , but to complane about the same thing knowing that it was clear that its not improveing is simply your decision not to show self control and jumping onto the titanic while the captain is rearranging the deck chairs after the ice berg hit .

You and you alone have the authority to make a purchase after reading 648 post , but with that authority comes responcibility so please know what your getting into and know the proper method of making Lado accountable if your not satisfied because I can tell you positing on RCU will not make him accountable and its not hurting there business .
sincerly and respectfully with no harm meant towards my fellow RC modeler , watch your money and be safe
Old 11-04-2009, 08:35 AM
jbdismukes
My Feedback: (2)

Well said!!
Old 11-04-2009, 10:03 AM
loorio

hey guys!

www.lado-tech.net

This working?
Old 11-04-2009, 10:23 AM
lbrande
My Feedback: (16)

loorio,

Yes, I am able to bring up the web page.

Lew B
Old 11-04-2009, 10:51 AM
Woody218
My Feedback: (24)

I have left phone messages, sent emails, left pms on RC Universe for Doug to contact me, and nothing, not a word. I wanted two sets of 60-5 retracts, but if I can't buy them, I'll bet Century Jet would love to have my business.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:01 AM
Larry3215

ORIGINAL: LDM

I have chimed in from time to time and I guess as a bystander I 1)dont want to see anyone in the rc hobby get stressed over what is supposed to be a fun hobby .
I personally have about 4 warbirds still in need of gear and I buy and build them one at a time .
I guess my confusion is I have read all the countless post on all the problems with the servace , endless pages of real problems like 6 months and then want-a -bee problems like 4 weeks .
I think the bigger learning life lession is self control . Why buy from a company when repeatledly I mean repeatedly over & over & over there are reports of major black outs in customer servace .Then the business model seems to be contact explanation and the cycle starts all over again .Each time the same things happen
1)the cult following says I told you so -and'' Doug I love you '', please dont forget to send mine , take your time buddy , pallie friend truely sickning
2)newbees join the buying list whats really strange is that some of the newbees get shipped before the vetren long term guys that have been professional and quite and waiting
3)then your hit with countless post I got mine , ups called , its like an ugly girl who finally got asked to a dance waiting at the door for her date , again really wierd
4)BUt again the cycle continues , I am not going to repeat all the reasons that are listed from Lado and all the times for delay all of this because we as modelers dont want to deal with a simple adjustment of an air valve ect on great gear and servace from people like Sierra .
5)Now if you go back to the very very beginning , I posted that my concern with Lado is that the eletronics are near one of the highest areas of stress when landing . Ok so the experts chimed in and yelled , your so wrong , you need learn how to land , I am using mine over 10000 times and there great ect ect . Now real world at my field in a H9 corsair , has the same problems as stated above , normal good landings , mixed with ok landings (not bad ones ) .Ok so there not perfact , but the reality of the eltronics in the gear houseing is real and still a long term concern
6) So , back on subject you read these post , you read the inconsistant behavior , lack of customer servace and yet we buy , we buy again and again ?
Why - no self control , desire to want more then the thought process of risk to benifit ok so its America and its your freedom to choose .
But if you choose to buy and I assure you many more will continue to do so as more drop off , then you and you alone need to be accountable for your decision . I am not talking about the poor souls who bought early and belived in a American business , I admire you guys , I am talking from this point on if you buy from this company live with your decison , take the complaints to the BBB so that on RCU we can enjoy the hobby . I say that knowing many will bash my comments and say ''this is an open forum for all to see ''yes it is , but to complane about the same thing knowing that it was clear that its not improveing is simply your decision not to show self control and jumping onto the titanic while the captain is rearranging the deck chairs after the ice berg hit .

You and you alone have the authority to make a purchase after reading 648 post , but with that authority comes responcibility so please know what your getting into and know the proper method of making Lado accountable if your not satisfied because I can tell you positing on RCU will not make him accountable and its not hurting there business .
sincerly and respectfully with no harm meant towards my fellow RC modeler , watch your money and be safe
I understand your point and almost agree

I for one have been following this saga for going on 2 years now. I bought one set and had a terrible experience. I WANT more retracts of this type and quality. Untill recently there was no other viable option.

So - Ive been watching the posts to see if maybe Doug would actually turn a new leaf. So for me I WANT guys to post thier bad experiences AND the good ones. There is no way to know other wise if he is keeping his word or not.

I dont see any way around that. We need the good and bad or else more newbies get sucked into the black hole without warning. I have several friends at my field who would love to order some. They have been waiting for my ok that Lado is now got thier act together. I have NOT given it yet.

With the new options from GZ and soon some from China, I suspect Doug is going to be history before much longer.

In the mean time, as unpleasant as it is, I for one want to hear the good AND the bad.

How else will we knowif its safe to order again?
Old 11-04-2009, 11:45 AM
TOMAPOWA
My Feedback: (1)

.... take the complaints to the BBB so that on RCU we can enjoy the hobby
I did just that yesterday.... not that I think it's going to help in the short-term... he's junk in my book!

Lucky he does not live closer to me... [>:]

Does any one really know Lado's supposed new address? I see two on the webpage...
Old 11-04-2009, 05:03 PM
thedeuce

Tomapowa,

This is the new one:

LADO Technolgoies
1900-12 Oro Dam Blvd.
# 324
Oroville CA, 95966

By Phone:
530-533-4444

Cheers,

John
Old 11-04-2009, 05:37 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"In the mean time, as unpleasant as it is, I for one want to hear the good AND the bad. "
I understand .....
Thanks everyone for the respectful comments , dont misunderstand my point , you have every right to post , my suggestion is now -dont buy !!!if you do , then I am suggesting you take it professionaly to the next level .

You have the BBB as menthioned , but one post will not even change his ratings , so many complaints , yet everyone is most likely afraid of repercussions and not getting there retracts (i do understand human nature ) .
Good luck , I sincerly wish you all a good outcome
Old 11-04-2009, 08:22 PM
yukonpete
My Feedback: (4)

After 5 emails and 2 phone calls, Lado called me back today and left a message on my phone. They said that Doug ( I think she said Doug ) has been sick and in hospital. So if that's the case I can under stand the delay. She said I should receive my retracts in the next week or two. Time will tell I guess. Hope he gets well soon.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:43 PM
Larry3215

I certainly hope it isnt anything serious and that he gets well soon.

However, while being in the hospital gives him an excuse for not getting back to people THIS WEEK, it has no bearing on telling people stuff has already shipped when it hasnt nor on the on-going issues.

Ive said it befor and I still mean it. I wish him success and I DONT want him to fold.

But - he must get his act together FAST and keep it together or I dont think he will.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:23 PM
thedeuce

ORIGINAL: thedeuce

Just to play devils advocate here, wouldn't everyone feel realy stupid if doug was in the hospital with a life changing illness or injury?

Old 11-05-2009, 01:54 AM
makalani1

I did file a complaint with the BBB today. Master-card is investigating this for me also. Being in the hospital is no excuse for his poor treatment of customers. I sent dozens of emails and left dozens of messages on their phone. Not one reply. Beware of this company. Soon it will be 3 months that my plane has been sitting. This guy is slick.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:02 AM
loorio

Hahhh... Pffff

If I was me illness, or a great wrong, it will tell my clients.

The online store to inform everyone.
This is not fair to me.
This is just a pretext. I also promised to give 1 month and remit the money it was ..... :-(

I very much hope that you and I will be telling the truth, as all he said.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:45 AM
bluetomcat

Does anybody think he is genuinly in hospital?

In my experience he has told me so many lies his nose should be a mile long by now!!

Maybe thats why hes in hospital LOL!!

Really can't believe that excuse and judging by his track record we all shouldn't believe it either!!
Old 11-05-2009, 02:56 PM
Larry3215

ORIGINAL: bluetomcat

In my experience he has told me so many lies his nose should be a mile long by now!!

Really can't believe that excuse and judging by his track record we all shouldn't believe it either!!
I didnt want to come right out and say that, but I think its very likely you're correct.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:38 PM
dhal22

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

why not use Spring Airs with a flow restrictor? i love mine, i have several sets.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:52 PM
TOMAPOWA

My guess?.... He's in VEGAS gambling away all that hard earned $$ we sent him....

ORIGINAL: Larry3215

ORIGINAL: bluetomcat

I didnt want to come right out and say that, but I think its very likely you're correct.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:26 PM
EMB145Driver
My Feedback: (7)

Edited for unprofessional post by me. I don't need to say anything else, when everyone else is saying how I feel. You guys only know what I post and nothing else that happened behind the scenes in emails I recieved from LADO. Let's just leave it at that, and what ever happens to Lado happens to Lado. So be it.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:53 PM
82blackbird
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: EMB145Driver

I can't stand this guy or his business! He's an unprofessional, dirt bag. Sorry, that's the nicest thing I can say. A liar and a swindler at his best and he likes to take advantage of honest hard working people. Don't believe a word he says, if he could get away with it, he'd tell you he was in a coma since last year. Believe me, the fools are us and not him. Who in the hell would give anyone money and wait weeks and months without a product??? I can tell you, geeks like you and me who like to play with toy airplanes, at least that's what my wife says!!! Beware and be safe. Good luck getting your money back. I got mine back, but that was a fluke.

I've been reading this site for several years and this has to be the worst post I have ever read here!!! If ever a post violated the rules below this one does....

Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline. We carefully monitor posts and will ban individuals who engage in offensive conduct within the forums. Thanks.!! (RCU Policies)
Old 11-05-2009, 11:36 PM
glazier808

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello all, I've been following as I can with interest...lots of stuff to be said here...I don't know Doug personally. But know ppl who do. (they do not know that I've known of LADO retracts through this site)they even tried to sell me on getting a set LOL...now wait...they are nice IF you can get what you've paid for...(just what I've read) I'm actually going to be in Oroville this Sunday to fly at their club there (45 min drive)...VERY NICE CLUB!

but on to the reason why I'm writing this post...my wifes family is all from Austria (Vienna), my mother in law asked if she could get me anything this trip, and I said pick up some info on some of the local hobby shops there....

well I've found basically the exact same retracts as lado, but made in Germany I think...I will post the info tomorrow after I dig out the catalog...

hey it can't take any longer to ship from Vienna lol....at least you would know they are on their way....

I'll post the info tomorrow I promise!

Old 11-06-2009, 12:02 AM
glazier808

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I want to shoot myself...I CANT FIND IT LOL...

I'll keep searching...

until then sorry guys...I just moved and stuff is a mess...

Casey
Old 11-06-2009, 12:20 AM
Larry3215

Thats probably the GZ retracts. Look back a few posts and there is a link to another thread on RCU discussing them.

They do look very nice but we dont have any pricing info yet.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:00 AM
bigtim
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: 82blackbird

ORIGINAL: EMB145Driver

I can't stand this guy or his business! He's an unprofessional, dirt bag. Sorry, that's the nicest thing I can say. A liar and a swindler at his best and he likes to take advantage of honest hard working people. Don't believe a word he says, if he could get away with it, he'd tell you he was in a coma since last year. Believe me, the fools are us and not him. Who in the hell would give anyone money and wait weeks and months without a product??? I can tell you, geeks like you and me who like to play with toy airplanes, at least that's what my wife says!!! Beware and be safe. Good luck getting your money back. I got mine back, but that was a fluke.

I've been reading this site for several years and this has to be the worst post I have ever read here!!! If ever a post violated the rules below this one does....

Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline. We carefully monitor posts and will ban individuals who engage in offensive conduct within the forums. Thanks.!! (RCU Policies)

funny thing is this poster, and really the 4-5 unsatisfied posters lately, have little or no real credibility at all, this one in particular slaggs a company about being a swindler and such, but was he swindled out of any money, answer-no, by his own admission.
he's just pissed he didn't get his gear as quickly as a micky D burger, and after talking about as much trash as one could, got slow played by Doug and dropped as a customer.

18 posts is truely impressive, I didn't bother to count, but I would wager most of them are on this thread, if your unsatisfied wih a product great, I want to know as much a s others, please post the reasons why, and if there are issues, but when you are the one posting what ammounts to slander and character assasination pretty laim stuff.

I was one who waited weeks, and knowing that, I waited for my gear, after recieving the first set, and admittedly sent several emails wondering where my gear was[>:], I decided to get another set,again knowing that I had to wait 4 months for the first set, and reading several posts on the long wait times, the second set came in 3 months, well lucky me, so I ordered another they came in a month and a half, point is if your going to throw money at a company do some research, if it doesn't meet your standards then don't spent the money, go somewhere else that is ready for your buisness simple as that.

if you feel lied to get your refund- go somewhere else,if the product isnt shipped in a timely manner for you-go somewhere else,simple stuff really.

so far there is absolutely no proof that LADO has taken anyones money and not eventually delivered on there products,or returned there money when asked for a refund this is truth on the page.

as for the vocal, 6 take a breath compose yourself, there are some companys that take as long as 90 days to refund money on orders to insure your not ripping them off, attempting to intimidate a company that may not even belong to the BBB or any other retail org. with posts on a non affiliated public posting board pretty much a waste of time.

for the guys on the other side of the pond as well, plenty of guys trying to scam money from us over here, on many different levels from your country, there was a posting thread about a guy selling the same kit 20 times all the while collecting the money, this is not the case with lado product has been delivered to many customers on several continents.

point is, alot of postings about being ripped off, and what a dirt bag doug is, with really no proof of any such thing,yes promisses unkept no doubt, really only long wait times before eventual delivery,admittedly, just alot of hullabaloo and bombastic puffing, and if Doug is ill then shame on you I call foul as well,.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.