RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Warbirds and Warplanes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/)
-   -   CMP Zero Makeover (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-warbirds-warplanes-200/6485074-cmp-zero-makeover.html)

Icemanjr92 11-01-2007 12:43 PM

RE: CMP Zero Makeover

You are not alone....The force is with you!
Its not a new problem but a growing one...[:@]

Aluminum Overcast 11-01-2007 01:44 PM

Glennis make some very scale wheels but they are very heavy. I have been trying to check out Mick reeves' site for some wheels but no luck so far....

lpriis 11-01-2007 04:30 PM

got a email from my local cmpro dealer.he told me that cmpro have a mekanical retrac that will fit without mods "cmpz060"

arobatx 11-01-2007 04:44 PM

Those are for 60 sized aircraft, and would not stand up to the 50cc bird.

Icemanjr92 11-02-2007 12:03 AM

Stay far away from mechanical retracts... they just dont hold up in the long run.

ForkedTailDevil 11-02-2007 06:31 AM

Hey guys..just got back in town last night, planning on taking off work and school today just to play catchup, it was a pretty crazy week with the funeral an all.just not in me to get right back into work..i'm going to try and get some more work done on the zero today, gotta glass the horizonal stab and try to scroung around the shop to find some fabric to get the control surfaces covered. Will post pics later..

by the way, the mechanical gear is a no no....friend of mine flys the h9 p-47 and constantly has trouble with them, the plastic linkages and ball joints will not hold up, ESPECIALLY if you are flying off a grass field...i put robart gear in the zero, did not take alot of mods and havn't had trouble with them yet...although it did take about a month to get them in! Dean, i am really really interested in building the meister 190, i'v got a g-38 brand new in the box here at the shop thats beggin to go fly, i belive it would be a great combo...gotta get the zero and 47 done first..maybe if my funds work out, you could bring it with you when you come down in december..dunno we'll talk bout it later,

Bubs

ForkedTailDevil 11-02-2007 06:32 AM

Dean..i meant the me 109..*84").small typo

lpriis 11-02-2007 09:58 AM

i am planing to use my Enya 2.40 v twin,hope its not to big :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL-29crnMhY

ForkedTailDevil 11-02-2007 10:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Got the horizonal stab panel lines done today..pics show the progress...prob get started on taking the motor off to get started on sanding the fuse down. I'm off to the hobby shop to pick up some fabric for the control surfaces...thanks for the support on the forum guys.

Bubs

ForkedTailDevil 11-04-2007 12:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got the wings painted up today...just gotta put the zeek marks on the wings and then start applying rivets! I'v got about 3 weeks to get this project done so its crunch time!

Aluminum Overcast 11-04-2007 06:11 PM

Great work. Keep it up!

Geo

DanaEasterly 11-04-2007 08:23 PM

Did you us the spray can paint or somthing else?

lovetoflyguy 11-04-2007 08:42 PM

Bubs,

I'm really proud of you! The plane looks really good and I can't wait to see it and fly her! I'm looking forward to December airshow. We'll all have a great time. Keep the pics going and let me see the pics of the P-47!!!

Your bro!

Aluminum Overcast 11-04-2007 09:24 PM

December Air-show?! We have an Ice fly in February here in Michigan!

ForkedTailDevil 11-04-2007 09:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got some progress done tonight..got the fuse all sanded down and ready for paint..and got a zeke mark on one wing...although the pictures do not give it justice...after uploading the picture on the puter i noticed that the zeke mark looks MUCH darker than it is......seeing it in person makes a complete difference..oh well...I ended up painting with tamiya paint. I was neglected in doing it due to it being the "spray and throw away" method. I usually prefer shooing paint out of the gun, but my brother talked me into it..i was really impressed..sprays on really nice and drys to the touch quick as well. I WILL use it again.

Bro-the december show will be awsome man...i'm really trying to get the zero done before then. I would prefer to get a flight or two on it just to "tweak" anything out especially since i'l be installing a spectrum..so it'll kinda be like a maiden flight again. As many flights as i'v got on it already, i'm sure and hope it will do just fine. Unfortnatly, due to the time constraint between work and school, i won't be able to add the crazy detail that i wished. But it will still be much better than it was "out of the box." Got some elbow greese on that arf! hope yer back gets better man..catch ya later

Bubs

Aluminum Overcast 11-04-2007 09:54 PM

Crazy detail or not that's going to be one excellent model. Besides, you can always add to it later.

ForkedTailDevil 11-05-2007 06:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got the zeke marks done today on the wings, just gotta get the "do not walk" stripes near the flaps and the wings will be ready for rivets!

ForkedTailDevil 11-06-2007 12:50 AM

Began applying rivets tonight. Got about 200 rivets on one wing, but its almost 1 clock, and im pooped!

Bubs

ForkedTailDevil 11-06-2007 12:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
sry forgot to post pics

Aluminum Overcast 11-06-2007 12:54 AM

looks Good man. Now get some sleep!

ForkedTailDevil 11-06-2007 10:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Welp, got one wing completed with rivets...took me bout 4 hours and i gave up on counting! I'm leaving the bottom to last resort, i still have another wing half and a fuse to do! so if time permits i'll hit the bottom as well! I'm off to work!

ForkedTailDevil 11-08-2007 09:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Got both wing panels done today..rivets and all! I added some detail such as a "smoking rivet" effect, little bit of dirt here and there. Came out purty good, can't descide if i "overdid" it or not, i may go back through and lighten it up but for the most part looks pretty neat!

Icemanjr92 11-08-2007 09:27 AM

Patrick...
Sweet.
I hope you have decided to use the Spektrum Radio system for this beauty!

ForkedTailDevil 11-08-2007 09:41 AM

Yo dean..good to hear from you...been a while! Glad you think its commin out good..sure am puttin alot of work in to it! Friggin rivets where crazy! Oh well..i'm tryin to take this model to that next level..i believe i am beginning to achieve that...i can't descide of the "smoke rivet" effect is to much. And yes a spectrum will be going into it...unfort. due to funds, i'll be purchasin a DX7..would rather have that JR setup but you know how it is.

Icemanjr92 11-08-2007 10:02 AM

Yo man.. its ok,
The DX-7 is a JR! Lucky for you!