Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 11:08 AM
shadymarkny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Redcat Racing TRUCK thread

Ahhh.. you are right.. I just saw the little writing at the bottom....I guess its not that easy then. [sm=pirate.gif]
Old 05-07-2006, 12:49 PM
futabaed

[8D]Thank you for understanding[8D]
Old 05-07-2006, 12:56 PM
shadymarkny

Yes Sir! [8D]
Old 05-07-2006, 02:11 PM
cgoodlet

Hey shadymarkny,
You wouldn't have part numbers for the arms, steering nuckle and hinge mounts would you?
Also are there rear axle hubs available in aluminum yet??
Old 05-07-2006, 02:31 PM
futabaed

sorry still havent found a replacment part for rear axel hubs in alluminum.
But next weekend im taking my truck to one of the largest hobbie shops around RC Country the Hobby Shop in sacramento CA.
Im sure looking through there huge wall of parts I will find a few things that fit these trucks and I will keep the site informed on whut i find.
(im only going to look for parts that are a direct fit for these trucks with no mods)
Old 05-07-2006, 02:56 PM
r/cPaul

Hello, I own a Himoto Syclone (brand new) when I start it ; it revs really high and the wheels spin without pulling throttle is this an adjustment problem? Any help would be good and appreciated ( I already have the engine tuning link, just looking for input first)

thanks paul.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:10 PM
r/cPaul

Sorry I posted in the wrong thread.
Old 05-07-2006, 04:48 PM
futabaed

No this is the himoto/redcat help forums!
If your wheels are only spinning when you pick it up this is normal.
If your trucks wheels spin with no gas applied on the ground you need to tune your engine to idle lower.
(refer to page 5 of owners manual)
Hope this helps ya out!
Old 05-07-2006, 05:13 PM
cgoodlet

check the throttle bias on your radio, it may be turned up.
Old 05-07-2006, 05:40 PM
shadymarkny

Well.. the Alum arms you can get directly from Redcat Racing. the Door mount and the Steering Arms are made by GPM are they need light mod to make it work. For the steering arms.. you will need a bigger bearings. Here are the list of parts you asked to look for.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?&I=LXD124 <----- 5x11x4mm. That's the OUTER bearings you need to fit the alum steering arms.. The outer part of the alum steering arm hole is 11mm wide and the stock one is 10mm thats why.

http://cgi.ebay.com/GPM-Alloy-Front-...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/GPM-HPI-MT2-Allo...QQcmdZViewItem

Here's a photo of all the parts listed above.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42898.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	457587  
Old 05-07-2006, 09:36 PM
stewtheman

So, are there no rear hubs of different brands that will fit the truck? From pictures I've seen many brands look almost identical, but I haven't seen the measurements.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:40 PM
DiTi

the mt2 of hpi look alot like the redcat's but the bearings are completely different and you also need shorter dogbones... I know cause I tried []
Old 05-07-2006, 10:01 PM
cgoodlet

I tried the MT2 rears today and was sadly disappointed as well. Got the parts to fit nicely into the truck realized that I left the dog-bones out, tried to install them and then just put the truck away as the stock ones are both in 2 pieces again.
It seems that it would work alright with 1/4 inch shorter dog-bones though.
Old 05-08-2006, 05:07 AM
naviuk

Hi All

Well i'm back and alive and finally managed to read through all the posts i've missed sinece being away.
First off -
Stewtheman - Nice lights on the truck, they llok great and also some big jumps, i'm still alittle nervous jumping that high with mine but i guess it'll come eventually. The whels pointing out, mine came like that aswell, i just took it apart and through some trial and error got them straight, they should be straight or toe in for handleing, having them run out creates stress on the parts, esentially you only really need to toe in the back wheels or toe out, the front should stay straight, thats just my opion.

shadymarkny - Nice job on the windows, i think i'm going to raid the old tabletennis table now , Do you have links to the duratrax parts you using?

Last one, I saw in earlier posts that people where jumping on entity's head about support for redcat, I speak to him pretty much every day on MSN and i remember him showing me the message about support and saying that it's still pending, he might have been wrong in a few responses or jumping the gun but on the other hand you need to assume the posiiton of pulling the skin on your hand and realiseing you too are human and Humans make mistakes. Entity is one of the good guys and has never once not been able to help me, he's got alot of experience in R/C and has the know how, the other bonus is he's always online to shed some light on issues. i think he would be a asset to Redcats growing support.

OK enough of that, I see the alloy parts are becoming available, it;s awsome to see, i have been away for 3 weeks so i need to check the sites again and start ordering the parts, i'm hopeing the hubs etc are coming in alloy also the door mounts and the hex hubs,

I upgraded my servos and radio equip before i left and i recommend you gtuys put a stronger steering servo in, i have athe high torque one from traxxas and man what a difference, it turs so nicely now, i'm busy ordering one for my stampede,

Cheers
Old 05-08-2006, 05:48 AM
eze98032

The Clutch spring I used was Traxxas #4146 it works just fine. I would also like to add that when I do need parts I order from topspeedtoys. they are great. I always get the part I order within 7 days. When it comes to internet buys they have never done me wrong.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:28 PM
shadymarkny

Thanks pal! Yeah here's the link to the duratrax clutch. It works great for me. I tried the traxxas savage ones but the clutch doesn't fit well on the fly wheel and also it engages very late... The clutch bell I am using right now is the HPI racing bell 15T. That thing is great. I have not had any clutch spring problems ever since I changed my clutch bell.. I swear.. My clutch used to break after 3-6 tanks because my bell is busted. But now I installed a new clutch and new bell, It been about 15 tanks already and it still works like the first day I put it in and my break pads are holding up like a champ now.... I love it!! This truck has been problems free for the last 15 tanks.. Lets see how more tanks it can take.. lol

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTT54&P=7

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLST7&P=7
Old 05-08-2006, 03:20 PM
naviuk

hey shadymarkny thanks for the info

When mine starts to go i'll give those a try,
Now i know this is going to sound like a dumb question but can someone explain the difference between usinf a bell with 15 teeth as opposed to 18 teeth and a spur gear with 66teeth as opposed to 74 teeth, i try to think of it as a bicycle setup but when i asked a guy about which teeth to use he trew my theroy out the window and pretty much confused me...

Thanks
Cheers
Old 05-08-2006, 03:29 PM
shadymarkny

Correct me if I am wrong but someone in the hobby shop once told me that the lower the bell teeth are the fast or I should say more torq during take off but the top speed won't be very good. Now this is when you come in with a higher spur gear teeth to compromise that top end speed.
When you have a higher teeth on the bell like 18T and up.. You might have a slow take off but will have a higher top end speed. Something like that.. Some body who knows what they are talking about more.. they can feel free to teach us more.
Old 05-08-2006, 03:54 PM
mjwest19

i think you are right shadymark the smaller the gear on the engine makes more low end and the larger gear on the engines makes more top end the reason for this is that with the small gear on the engine it doesnt take as many rotations to move the spur gear one full rotation and vice versa
Old 05-08-2006, 04:10 PM
IntuitionX

More teeth = Fast top end
Less teeth = Fast low end
Old 05-08-2006, 04:12 PM
naviuk

Would that be on the spur gear or clutch bell?

ORIGINAL: IntuitionX

More teeth = Fast top end
Less teeth = Fast low end
Old 05-08-2006, 04:19 PM
mjwest19

on the clutch bell i think and oppisite on the spur gear
Old 05-08-2006, 04:36 PM
futabaed

larger on bell= high top end & slow acceleration
lower on bell= High speed takoffs & low topend
Lower on diff=high gear more speed
larger on diff=lower gear more torqe
Whut you want to do here is find a happy medium
Old 05-08-2006, 05:47 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

only difference is the pinion would actually be the clutch bell but here is a good link to explain the whole gear thing. You would change your clutch bell for the track your racing on, thats why they have the same bell in different amounts of teeth. You also have to make sure the clutch bell you use has the same pitch as the spur gears.

http://www.in-miniature.co.uk/show_a...aid=16&sec=car
Old 05-09-2006, 08:40 AM
Nitro-EMT

Hello, New to R/C but I do have a 1/10 buggy, from Himoto. Have had it about a week, run 7 tanks of fuel through, hit tree's rock's and ( other ) things with it, without any problems. For the money $149. from Ebay you can't beat them. I also own a Team associated 1/8 monster GT 4.60 Se. This truck is a blast too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.