Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Compatible wheels for tornado epx?

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Compatible wheels for tornado epx?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 02:49 AM
Matthew007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Compatible wheels for tornado epx?

The stock wheels and tires are made out of corn stock so I need to replace them already.

Thankss for any help.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:33 AM
Cam_132

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Compatible wheels for tornado epx?

you can use any 2.2 rim with a 12mm hex. and you can use any 2.2 tire too

i know the traxxas jato, and a couple other ones... and the HPI wheele king rims
Old 07-29-2008, 11:21 AM
tornbb

hpi does work the wheely king, fire storm and a few others. i got some from tower from fire storm.some tamiya wheels work to. i used dark impack wheels on my bb.found some others with an offset they look great and added about 2 inches width too. just check out the specs youll find what ur lookin for.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:41 PM
Matthew007

Wow thanks guys, something like the new rustle rims wont make the spokes hit my hubs then and have high positive offset like the stocks?
Problem is I think the buggy will handle and look better if I keep the front wheels with the same offset and smaller width.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:48 PM
tornbb

yeah you could do something like that. depending on the rim you can shave the inside lip off to narrow the wheel while maintaining the offset. i did that on some ae truck wheels so i could use them on the front. while doing nothing to the rear. the wheels only had the pin style. i took the hexes off and worked fine.if your not sure just browse tower. they give dimensions and most of the specs. thats what i did. i converted one of my buggies into a mt. so i had to find some wheels that would clear the front hubs. i just need to order a dif clutch bell to gear it down a bit more and ill be happy with that. hope the info helps youll figure it out good luck
Old 07-30-2008, 06:07 PM
Matthew007

I took of my rear rims and put them on the front to see and the inner lip does rub against the plastics that hold the wheel hub and steering thingy. I don't want to shave anything off because what will hold the tire securely on the inside?
I wish I could go with rustler rims and proline 3.6" truck tires all around but im afraid it will rub on the front. Also I need all rears all around because front 2WD rims have no pins or hubs to hold the pins?

OK it seems RC10B44 have great offset for the front but these hex are 12MM I hope right? Couldn't find exact specs for it.
The specs say 32mm wide front and 40mm wide rears for the 2.2" on the redcat tornados, but the front AE rims say 27mm, with the wheels should add 5mm right?
I hope these work.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf10192.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	1000937   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw72626.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	1000938  
Old 07-30-2008, 08:05 PM
Matthew007

Ok I ordered 2 Dirt Hawg Buggy rears and fronts on 4 AE B44 yellow rims f/r for $40 total w/ shipping. This is a bigger ripp off than movie popcorn but I'm praying they fit. It's bad enough you are paying $10 for $1 worth of rubber, but they use "special M2 rubber" for "high grip" which really means for fast wear so you should buy more often...
Old 07-31-2008, 08:47 AM
tornbb

hmm. im having issues with my online album. so i cant post pics. if i can ill post pics of my hpi rims and ae wheels i used on my buggie. my hpi ones came with all the adapters to fit others. ill try to get some pics up
Old 07-31-2008, 09:42 AM
stagga

just saw these...
http://www.exceedrc.com/sparepart51c812.html
Old 07-31-2008, 10:40 AM
tornbb

i got some pics to help . cant figure out how to post em. how do i?
Old 07-31-2008, 12:56 PM
Matthew007

I have HPI SS monster truck wheels and the inside spokes hit the hubs so i was afraid of hpi rims.
PICS:
Do no use quick reply, hit reply to someones post thingy, bottom left linky says Click here to upload images and files!
THANKS