Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Is the RCMK EVO really "that" good???

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Is the RCMK EVO really "that" good???

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 06:27 PM
cheesewizz69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is the RCMK EVO really

Ok, you convinced me with today's run at the lake. The Evo is an engine to be reconded with. If it can push your Falcon to 63mph against a raced preped fully modded cat like it did today- you saved yourself at least $400 alone. No brainer.....
Old 01-02-2010, 09:05 PM
eengler

Definately Leo, Luis's cat is $350 for the hull, he's running a hotpipe, a modded 6717x3 bob austin prop and a modded mrd engine. Hull difference is about $150 more than mine, pipe difference is $85.00 more than mine, the prop is about $50.00 more than mine and the mod is probably $300.00 more..... My math says right around $585.00. I won't be at the lake next weekend, i'll be on vacation in Breckenridge, Colorado....
Old 01-03-2010, 01:19 AM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: eengler

Definately Leo, Luis's cat is $350 for the hull, he's running a hotpipe, a modded 6717x3 bob austin prop and a modded mrd engine. Hull difference is about $150 more than mine, pipe difference is $85.00 more than mine, the prop is about $50.00 more than mine and the mod is probably $300.00 more..... My math says right around $585.00. I won't be at the lake next weekend, i'll be on vacation in Breckenridge, Colorado....
It's going to be colder next week, dress warm!
Old 07-06-2010, 11:44 AM
tennessee_

This is a good thread for comparing the RCMKS-254 EVO versus the Zenoahs that died out.

What's the latest, is the RCMK clearly the winner between the two or is the jury still out?

Thank you.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:05 PM
Scott Schneider

ORIGINAL: tennessee_

This is a good thread for comparing the RCMK S-254 EVO versus the Zenoahs that died out.

What's the latest, is the RCMK clearly the winner between the two or is the jury still out?

Thank you.
Potatoe Patatoe .... Tomato Tamato Stock for stock the RCMK a clear winner for power per dollar spent.
Pending how you compare modified to stock it becomes quite subjective.
* Don't let rumors or facts of a year or more ago troubles influence what you can buy here and now in 2010 .... RCMK's are the real deal ( Pun intended )
Old 07-06-2010, 04:14 PM
tennessee_

So how would a WHHZenoah M5 stack up against a stock RCMK S-254 EVO in a heavier mono hull boat like a Magnum 57, anyone?
Old 07-06-2010, 04:49 PM
tennessee_

I have a sick WHH Zenoah M5 (my fault) that's going to cost $150 to fix to make it like new. Is it worth it or should I put the money into a RCMK S-254 EVO?

Thank you.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:58 PM
Scott Schneider

I have a sick WHH Zenoah M5 (my fault) that's going to cost $150 to fix to make it like new. Is it worth it or should I put the money into a RCMK S-254 EVO?

Thank you.
Following a statement made elsewhere ... cost not the issue here, then YES !!
The EVO is a Very strong engine right out of the box and if in time wanting too get modified .... easy to do by yourself or nominal fee from a reputable tuner.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:29 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Thank you.
When you say sick.... I would ask how sick was it and how healthy will it truly be.

The option of getting a new motor is certainly more attractive than rebuilding a damaged motor. If the motor ingested debris or water (for example as I dont know what happened to yours) then you might very well have damage on your bearing surfaces on the big end or the crank bearings (among many other items). Hard to say how much it is worth spending money fixing a damaged motor (without knowing just how much damage has really been done). You only need a little bearing cage to come free and you will be spending even more money.

Old 07-08-2010, 02:39 PM
magnum57

The RCMK evo motor I received from Bruce at Gizmos is a very reliable and fast motor right out of the box. I wanted a little more and sent it back to Bruce and now it’s the one I love to run after he modded it. I own WHH M-6, QD HT 25, Butch The Boatman, and a few others and the RCMK dollar for dollar is the way to go. Very tuff motor. IMO
Old 08-23-2010, 11:39 PM
Serpents Den

Is definitely the engine i plan to try out for this winter's cat project.....still trying to decide which one i want now :P
Old 08-24-2010, 12:03 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Tough decision huh? I saw your other posting but didn't want to step on any feet in there. The ACMB R-42 has killer looks and is as tough as nails but the price is up there also yet not bad compared to other Cat's. The Aeromrine Conquest seems to be one of the top picks for heat racing but only with the CC Racing mod of having the seams taped.
This would make a cool thread on its own if you need some help in figuring out which one you'd like to buy. Ask for what members think are good and bad about each of their choices.

I got a deal on a slightly used Scott Schneider modded RCMK and installed it in one of my Cat's. Hoo boy, is that thing fast and fun now! She didn't run too badly with a stock RCMK. No telling what's it's going to do once I really get it set up properly!
Old 08-24-2010, 01:21 AM
Serpents Den

Nice Ron with all the good comments ive read about the RCMK, checking out some of the other options out there really dont compare like everyone's said, more bang for the buck...........

the kewl thing is, i have time to make up my mind what cat hull i'll end up choosing.....i definitely want something i'll be able to tune in as fast as i can to blow away my brother's toy MVD and still tool around the ponds and not have to fly down the straights at 60+ when i want those 'lazy sudays'.... still, i also like the scale looks of the thunderbolt and Super Cat, and still be running a gassereither way between40-47 inches long....at least i have the time to decide while running my smaller boats, already knowing what i'm going to use asthe power plant...one thing that will help one way or another about the G2 Super Cat.....i havent seen any videos for it yet posted to bill at Top Secret boats in another forum and all the other peeps there, that may know of one around i would be able to check out....love the look of that cat...