Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

TS2 POST IT HERE...

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

TS2 POST IT HERE...

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 06:20 PM
wave waker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TS2 POST IT HERE...

hey guys, to all owners or has interest or whatever let's use this thread for posting about TS2, for easy access of [sm=sunsmiley.gif]ideas and info about this boat...feel free to post,,,i'll start..

unpainted still, OS XM engine, salisbury carbon fiber pipe, x442 prop, fuel tank from rc car, 43 mph so far,,i still have porpoise problem.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us55046.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	473929  
Old 06-07-2006, 07:44 PM
FE_Chris
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: TS2 POST IT HERE...

I dig it juyl! [8D]
Old 06-07-2006, 08:24 PM
Jerry Dunlap

Try a smaller diameter prop - M440 works well with my MAC 21 OB/TS2.

JD
AquaCraft Models
Old 06-07-2006, 10:11 PM
dougaldy

WaveWaker,

I posted somewhere else but Ill use the TS2 thread. I am running mine with the stock OSXM outboard, an X440 with my prop depth at about 3/16. I definitly need more speed. What do you think of the silver bullet pipes? I was going to put a header and pipe on it once I do my research on what one to get. I am also going to go with the 1440 prop as well.

Scott
Old 06-07-2006, 10:39 PM
wave waker

i never tried silver bullet pipe yet, when i'm running stock before all i can get is 37 mph, as soon as i put this salisbury pipe(pipe looks ugly though) i hit that 43mph, engine rpm goes up, acceleration is pretty quick...60%,,but i'm blowing plugs...

i'm goin to try what JD mentioned about octura M series...
Old 06-07-2006, 11:28 PM
Jerry Dunlap

I run the Silver Bullit HP 3.5 pipe. I think it works well. There are other pipes that also work.

JD
AquaCraft Models
Old 06-07-2006, 11:32 PM
dougaldy

Jerry,

Do you have a good source for the pipe and header for the OS. What kind of speed are you getting with your TS2 with removing the shim, pipe and high nitro content.

Scott
Old 06-08-2006, 12:22 AM
Jerry Dunlap

HTBboats.com is the website for Silver Bullit Pipes

My TS2 with O.S. & pipe runs in the high 40s.

JD
AquaCraft Models
Old 06-08-2006, 11:17 AM
dougaldy

Have any of you guys sanded the bottom of your hulls with 600 grit as Russ was suggesting and did you see an increase in speed?

Scott
Old 06-08-2006, 12:33 PM
t munn

Anybody have any setup tips or for the stock k&b 3.5 i bought a new boat and a used engine with the du bro o/b mount.

I believe this engine requires a shim between the mount and the transom.
Is the shim sandwiched between the transom and the mount using longer bolts to compensate for the greater distance

Once I get them the boat and motor i'll start the project.

Thanks
Terry

Old 06-08-2006, 12:59 PM
WILDGAS

I have a Dubro mount + K&B 3.5 in my TS2, but I can't know to put my pictures in this page. Anybody Can help me, please?
Old 06-08-2006, 01:09 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: CARLOS LUIS

I have a Dubro mount + K&B 3.5 in my TS2, but I can't know to put my pictures in this page. Anybody Can help me, please?
Here's a thread that explains how to post images: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_2629917/tm.htm
Old 06-08-2006, 01:22 PM
WILDGAS

This is my TS2 with K&B Black Carburetor + Dubro Mount.

I'm waiting for my new lower unit by put together with my new Rossi 161R21 + other upgrades

Many thanks Piper Chuck
Old 06-08-2006, 10:44 PM
wave waker

here's im trying to experiment, ts2, hijack mount, os xm power head, irwin carbon fiber lower, the only thing is i'm still looking for an adaptor of lower unit to power head.

Name:	Pn37421.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	474605   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk31496.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	474606  
Old 06-08-2006, 11:32 PM
Jerry Dunlap

I'm not certain, but I believe an adaptor for an O.S. 21 OB to an Irwin lower unit is made from "Unobtainium."

JD
AquaCraft Models
Old 06-09-2006, 07:33 AM
WILDGAS

Here, some pictures of my TS2 with K&B Black Carburetor + Dubro Mount.

Of course, I think everybody like the Orange TS2, hehehehehehehehehehe

Old 06-11-2006, 06:41 PM
wave waker

ORIGINAL: Jerry Dunlap

I'm not certain, but I believe an adaptor for an O.S. 21 OB to an Irwin lower unit is made from "Unobtainium."

JD
AquaCraft Models

Jerry,

what u mean "Unobtainium"? what kind of material is that..ur kidding...u mean unobtainable?..btw, i have an adaptor made by local machinist but look what he did, he cut the hole for the engine screw and still charging me 50 bucks[:-], well' i'm not crazy yet to pay him

Carlos, nothing in ur picture....

Name:	Db84602.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	476012   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs59179.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	476013   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq38452.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	476014  
Old 06-12-2006, 09:44 AM
t munn

Guys,

What type/sizes tank did you get with your TS2.
The one I got looks nothing like the one in the picture.
Mine is solid white plastic with 2 rounded sides and if I mount it with one of the flat sides down then the stopper that would normally be in the middle of the tank is off to one side or the other.

Also mine is new never used and it has a crack in the bottom.
It is where the top of the tunnel and the sponson meet.Not really sure how to describe where it is any better than that.

The crack is a not very deep and is around 3" long in one area and 4" long in another area
The crack is at a 90 degree area and would not be in the water once up on plane.

Any idea what i would use to repair the damage.

I was thinking lightly sand the area and run medium ca in there and place the boat on edge so the glue would harden it the corner
and over the damage??

Terry
Old 06-12-2006, 10:25 AM
Jerry Dunlap

1. The carb and vent outlets on the tank can be offset to either side. The important item is to be sure the carb pickup tube is close to the bottom of the tank.

2. Thin CA applied as you describe will help strengthen the crack. The cracks you've described are along seams and more than likely are surface paint cracks. The TS2 comes with a Warranty and you can have the hull replaced if you do not want to make the repair.

3. What color is your boat?

JD
AquaCraft Models
Old 06-12-2006, 12:23 PM
Russ Williamson

Important to mention this TS2 was bought from scratch and dent........

ORIGINAL: Jerry Dunlap

1. The carb and vent outlets on the tank can be offset to either side. The important item is to be sure the carb pickup tube is close to the bottom of the tank.

2. Thin CA applied as you describe will help strengthen the crack. The cracks you've described are along seams and more than likely are surface paint cracks. The TS2 comes with a Warranty and you can have the hull replaced if you do not want to make the repair.

3. What color is your boat?

JD
AquaCraft Models
Old 06-12-2006, 01:12 PM
t munn

Russ,

I find myself re-reading my post as I thought I said it was purchased as a scratch and dent that stated "carton damage only".
Since I bought this as scratch and dent I am willing to repair it if I had the glue and the proper tank.
I payed $ 15.00 less than full retail and now I have to fix the boat and stand and buy the proper tank[]

Not interested in a return or refund just concerned there was more damage than indicated.

Not looking to shed any bad light on aquacraft products and the guys on here that represent your company have been nothing but Gentlemen.

This was no fault of yours!!

Now stop harrasing me and put a rush on that slow boat from china so we have some fun with the Miss vegas's.

Were some os the ts2's shipped with different tanks than the one pictured.I think the one in the pic looks like a great planes or hayes.

thanks
Terry
Old 06-13-2006, 09:57 AM
Russ Williamson

Hi Terry,
The orginal tank was used only for the first shipment of TS2's. The white tank has been included from after that time. I used this same tank all last racing season and again this year, it works well.

No problem and have fun!

ORIGINAL: t munn

Russ,

I find myself re-reading my post as I thought I said it was purchased as a scratch and dent that stated "carton damage only".
Since I bought this as scratch and dent I am willing to repair it if I had the glue and the proper tank.
I payed $ 15.00 less than full retail and now I have to fix the boat and stand and buy the proper tank[]

Not interested in a return or refund just concerned there was more damage than indicated.

Not looking to shed any bad light on aquacraft products and the guys on here that represent your company have been nothing but Gentlemen.

This was no fault of yours!!

Now stop harrasing me and put a rush on that slow boat from china so we have some fun with the Miss vegas's.

Were some os the ts2's shipped with different tanks than the one pictured.I think the one in the pic looks like a great planes or hayes.

thanks
Terry
Old 06-14-2006, 01:41 AM
zapster

[link=http://gallery.intlwaters.com/thumbnails.php?album=553]Here[/link] are pics of my TS2 with K&B 3.5, in the pictures it has a red carb but just yesterday i installed a gold carb to it and it runs much better. I had some issues with the inserts in the transom but with help from Jerry i got it sorted and she is flying
Old 06-14-2006, 02:54 PM
dougaldy

TS2-ers,

Do you guys balloon your servos as well as the receiver? My second 3305 servo just came in and I dont want any water to get in the radio box and fry this one as well. Somehow some water found its way into the radio box, enough to zap the servo. This down time is killing me....Also for those of you running a tune pipe, what is the optimal length for the header. Im running an OSXM, I know they come a little long and need to be cut.

Thanks

Scott
Old 06-14-2006, 05:55 PM
wave waker

ORIGINAL: zapster

[link=http://gallery.intlwaters.com/thumbnails.php?album=553]Here[/link] are pics of my TS2 with K&B 3.5, in the pictures it has a red carb but just yesterday i installed a gold carb to it and it runs much better. I had some issues with the inserts in the transom but with help from Jerry i got it sorted and she is flying
i got problem with insert before but i put a blind nuts now,,,just wondering how's car tuned pipe doin? and hoping the exhaust will not mess ur hull...

dougaldy, here's i'm using it's a 2 inches header but i think the important measurement is the distance from the glow plug to the widest part of the tuned pipe, with my set-up it's in 10 inches.....my servo is filled with dieelectric grease and coated outside with electrical coating glue...excuse my pipe wire holder

Name:	Vt56977.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	477613  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.