Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

TS2 POST IT HERE...

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

TS2 POST IT HERE...

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 09:25 PM
t munn
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TS2 POST IT HERE...

Guys I just received my used 3.5 k&b and du bro mount.
I took the engine all apart for inspection and cleaning and it's in like new condition.

It does however have the black carb that many people dislike.

I got a decent deal (I think) and am going to try and make it work for me.

When installing the du bro mount I see on the intl waters outboard site most seem to prefer the adjustable holes at the top.
Is this correct and if so does the long end of the nylon isert that holds the pin go up or down.

I have made and waterproofed a 1/2 plywood insert for between the transom and the du bro mount.

It looks like the slots to adjust the prop angle should go up and the long side of the insert should go down[&o]

Do you guys have any advise to give a newbie with this setup and that engine with the black carb.Maybe a trick or two that would help the engine be more reliable.

I only have acess to 15% omega fuel and o.s. # 8 plugs or a mccoy # 9 or mccoy #59.

Thanks a lot
Old 06-14-2006, 10:07 PM
dougaldy

Thanks Wave Waker, now my next question is, how come the distance between the glowplug and pipe matters? Is this something you found out through trial and error?
Old 06-15-2006, 12:55 AM
zapster

ORIGINAL: wave waker
,,,just wondering how's car tuned pipe doin? and hoping the exhaust will not mess ur hull...

Pipe is doin well all tho that is the only pipe i have tried on it. I do get oil on the sponson but that is okay, wipes right off.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:57 PM
wave waker

ORIGINAL: dougaldy

Thanks Wave Waker, now my next question is, how come the distance between the glowplug and pipe matters? Is this something you found out through trial and error?

i learnt it from other boaters too, this is the method of setting up tuned pipe, start by measuring from glow plug to the widest part of the pipe maybe 13-14 inches to be safe then run the boat if the engine keep boggin' down or won't rev high cut the coupling by 1/2 until engine giving good rpm,,mostly i know 3.5 engine needs around 10-11 inches, i do no with 7.5 but mine i found it somewhere 13-14 inches.

thanks zapster...
Old 06-17-2006, 10:59 PM
wave waker

hey guys, how's ur ts2 goin?,,i'm still tweakin' and lookin' for the sweet spot coz porpoise and hooking still my problem, it's really time consuming but i enjoyed it, kinda challenging...i'm trying to analyze why ts2 porpoise and hook so much, maybe because the bottom of the spoonson is so flat particularly in the front half, instead of a little round or curvy... with flat front bottom spoonson, the bow will dig as soon as the boat slows down during turning and causes hooking, maybe with the rounded or curvy front bottom spoonson it will prevent the bow to dig because of its bouyancy that will keep the boat in a positive angle of attack.

btw, took some shot in action still gaining speed so far clock it 45mph and most of the run is 39-43 mph..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16813.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	479102   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg17024.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	479103  
Old 06-18-2006, 12:18 AM
WILDGAS

I have the same problem......................
Old 06-18-2006, 08:10 AM
Bullitt01

...vinyl coated copper pipe support, nice. lets sell 'em!
Old 06-18-2006, 08:41 AM
WILDGAS

Where do I find the pipes and header for my K&B?
Old 06-22-2006, 07:38 PM
wave waker

just messing around with my ts2 and decided to put trim tab, might help cure the bouncing/hooking, although it's against the rule but just to give a try, can't wait for saturday to come for the test..

Name:	Us53019.jpg
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	481262   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je11298.jpg
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	481263   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc80308.jpg
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	481264  
Old 06-22-2006, 10:23 PM
WILDGAS

I would like to know How was with your new trim?
Old 06-23-2006, 11:29 AM
t munn
My Feedback: (2)

I have the 3.5 k&b with the 1/2" plywood spacer betwen the mount and transom.

Where is the balance point for the TS2 so i can try and get it balanced.

Anyone else using the same boat/motor configuration and what did it take to get it balanced.

Terry
Old 06-23-2006, 08:25 PM
lavetaaxon

Im having a lot of trouble setting up the throttle linkage. the throttle servo isnt pulling the linkage far enough to open the carburator nor is it releasing it and braking to kill the engine. ive gone over the manual so many times and i still cant get it to work. can anyone please help. or post some pics of what yours looks like

btw im running an OS .21 with brand new spektrum radio.

thanks!!!
Old 06-23-2006, 08:40 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: lavetaaxon

Im having a lot of trouble setting up the throttle linkage. the throttle servo isnt pulling the linkage far enough to open the carburator nor is it releasing it and braking to kill the engine. ive gone over the manual so many times and i still cant get it to work. can anyone please help. or post some pics of what yours looks like

btw im running an OS .21 with brand new spektrum radio.

thanks!!!
At the servo end, do you have the connector on the inner or outer hole of the servo arm? If it's on the inner, move it outward, that will give it more movement. Also, if your radio has end point adjustment, make sure they are not limiting the servo movement.
Old 06-24-2006, 10:37 PM
wave waker

spent the whole pm tweakin ts2, tried 2 different kind of trim tab and maintained the CG in 9.5 but for my observation there is no significant change, bouncing and hooking still there, so i took it off, moved cg to 8 in, remove all the wts. in the front and placed it just rear of fuel tank, 7.5 oz wt., to my surprise ts2 went much better the good thing is boat was able to make turns in higher speed with mild hooking occassionaly but since i tried pushing a little bit hard new problem arised a spin-out occured now[:-] but it's all right coz i'll gonna mess the prop ht. next...
Old 06-26-2006, 09:25 PM
RcCarFreak

hey guys, here's a pic of my ts2.. running in the low 40's so far, but runs good. i have a 5t 3.5 rossi powerhead on a k&b lower that i cut. and im using a x442 prop. now it runs perfect after i fixed it because i was running it on the lake infront of my house and i ran into a turtle, the turtle lived but snapped my k&b lower unit.

pics:
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d8...06-06_2138.jpg
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d8...06-06_2137.jpg
Old 06-26-2006, 10:22 PM
wave waker

ORIGINAL: RcCarFreak

hey guys, here's a pic of my ts2.. running in the low 40's so far, but runs good. i have a 5t 3.5 rossi powerhead on a k&b lower that i cut. and im using a x442 prop. now it runs perfect after i fixed it because i was running it on the lake infront of my house and i ran into a turtle, the turtle lived but snapped my k&b lower unit.

pics:
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d8...06-06_2138.jpg
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d8...06-06_2137.jpg
how do u like rossi? any comments bout this powerhead, looking for the future.,,,i'm using same prop....any problem withbouncing n' hooking?..thanks
Old 06-26-2006, 10:32 PM
RcCarFreak

wave waker, i have had a couple of k&b engines, thunder tiger outboards, and a cmb powerhead... so far this is my favorite powerhead. the performance is awsome, only thing that i dont like is that its not that easy to find parts for. i bought this one brand new for 115 from a store going out of buisness, i got a good deal, but what ever they are going for, its well worth it. runs hard and consistent,,,, i dont have any problems with hooking, but i do get bounce on high speed turns...... the lake infront of my house is always choppy so it doesnt help, so im thinking of getting out of tunnels and into deep v's.... but my engine is stock, and ive set it up pretty good, ive had a couple boats that ive clocked,, and id say this one runs around 38-40mph, maybe alittle more or less, but it runs really nice, oh, and i smoke modded k&b enignes.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:38 PM
wave waker

i was in the local park pond this pm for ts2 testing, it's hot but breezy, water is calm to little ripple perfect for tunnel, drop the engine to make prop line 2 mm just above the C/L, removed all wt., replaced the tuned pipe with stock one to make it quiter coz i'm considerate[:-] to neighbors...launched the boat, ran wet in slow but it planes in hi speed but since the pond is small i can't go to long full blast but it's ok i'm testing the bouncing atittude and not the speed anyway, so boat improved a lot better compare to my previous set-up only with hooking in an agressive turn, bouncing is not a problem at this time, i decided to stay in that prop position and play around the wts. to eliminate hooking, while i'm still in my first tank i'm already impressed by the boat atittude until a weird kind of water movement caught my attention about 5 feet from where i'm standing in the edge of waterline, after lookin' at it..it's a SNAKE[sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=sunsmiley.gif] about 3.5 feet coz it's longer than the boat, swimming across to me, so i jumped back just to have a safe distance and uhuump![>:] wanna play with me?... brought ts2 back and ran over[sm=lol.gif] i got him it wiggles a bit and went to other side and got lost, then i was being watchful coz it may show-up again...then continue ranning the boat until i flipped [sm=drowning.gif]it during turn, took time to fish it back...radio box full of water, tried to dry a little and run again until radio went bad..so i call it a day, while packing i got stung by a bee, spill my tool box in a grassy place, so what a day[:@]...i blamed the snake to all of this[sm=lol.gif] but i'm ok coz ts2 ran better...so guys don't play with snake while boating it will bring jinx.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:39 AM
Jerry Dunlap

Guess you could say you were "Snake Bit."

BTW, you might want to install the front sponson recovery pads if the boat is hooking in the corners.

JD
Old 07-04-2006, 12:42 AM
wave waker

ORIGINAL: Jerry Dunlap

Guess you could say you were "Snake Bit."

BTW, you might want to install the front sponson recovery pads if the boat is hooking in the corners.

JD
yup, recovery pads installed Jerry,,, test ran today again i dropped the engine to dead C/L and it's get more better, boat will planes in straight hooks a little in turns, ,,,planning to drop more below C/L and put a liittle positive angle but i need to reasjust the motor mount coz there's noway to go...getting more appreciating ts2[8D]...btw, i keep watching[:-] my sorrounding coz maybe snake wil show-up for revenge..
Old 07-04-2006, 07:02 AM
WILDGAS

Anybody have some picture about a TS" with recovery pad? I would like to know How can I install these recovery?
Old 07-04-2006, 08:31 AM
wave waker

ORIGINAL: CARLOS LUIS

Anybody have some picture about a TS" with recovery pad? I would like to know How can I install these recovery?
here's my recovery pads....

engine dropped more, prop angle measured 2-3 degrees, getting ready for test hope will make more improvement..

Name:	Ay75284.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	486760   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez83513.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	486761   Click image for larger version

Name:	Io29134.jpg
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	486762   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58487.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	486763   Click image for larger version

Name:	To44282.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	486764  
Old 07-04-2006, 10:14 AM
wave waker

JD,

favor please look the measurement i'd noticed, the portside is wider than starboard by about 8mm, is this supposed to be like this?

thanks

jul

Name:	Lj21551.jpg
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	486818   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf12954.jpg
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	486819   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sy63820.jpg
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	486820  
Old 07-04-2006, 10:25 AM
Jerry Dunlap

The engine is offset to the right.

JD
Old 07-04-2006, 08:48 PM
wave waker

ORIGINAL: Jerry Dunlap

The engine is offset to the right.

JD
Thanks Jerry, i'm still learning more about tunnels....

btw, my work on the ts2 last night was compensated, tested today, boat ran great, i thought since i dropped the engine i'll be getting problem to plane it but no problem bye bye bouncing and hooking in hi speed...so, no weights on the boat now, i even reverse the engine mount to be able to lower the engine, prop angled 2-3 degrees,.... now it's time to work for speed looking for 50+mph.

Name:	Mk27547.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	487190  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.