Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Aquacraft Super-Vee 27 Nitro.

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Aquacraft Super-Vee 27 Nitro.

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 08:19 AM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aquacraft Super-Vee 27 Nitro.

OK, I'll take my camera to the shop while I'm gluing it up.
'
Old 07-14-2007, 05:02 PM
MOVMX Racer

WOOHOO!!! I got to go to the lake today!!! My sister had a change of heart, and decided to let me hitch a ride to a local lake.[] My back is toast now (I am not tan at all, just red...) but my boat is 2 tanks closer to being broke in!
All I can sayt is WOW... it flys! my sisters friend was my pit crew, she threw it in, I gave it half throttle and I slowed down FAST! my legs where shaking, it was soooo much faster than I expected at half throttle! I brought it in for a few passes, and this HUGE real boat flys by (about 200 yards out) and makes big waves and you guessed it, I saw my boat bounce and flip! I yanked the carb to closed with the radio till it died, and swam out (only about 20 yards) I brought the boat back, dumped the water out (thank god I filled it with pool noodle foam wherever it fit) opened the radio box... no water!! I pulled the plug and let the engine dry in the sun for a while, and it fired right back up no problems! I love the boat, and am only dissapointed with two things. 1: It is loud as HECK, and 2: I don't know what I do more; answering questions about it or driving!! I probably sold two or three boats, one guy had a two year old that was on the shore, and he stopped and jumped up and down everytime I drove by! I think I sold him on a nitro and sold him a reef racer or zig zag for his son lol!
I had a great time driving it and am looking forward to shooting it around on a glassy pond soon! Thanks for selling me on one guys!!

Also, I was thinking about making a muffler for it. How do you make a pill bottle muffler? I need it to be quiter, I have some 2-stroke dirtbike fiberglass muffler packing as well, could I stick that in something for a muffler? any ideas or pics would be great!!
Old 07-14-2007, 05:46 PM
piper_chuck

Glad to hear you got it running. I spent the day in the garage working on a radio box for the green one I picked up a couple days ago. Wish I had ordered a second prop earlier. I'm hoping to run the boat tomorrow, but the prop won't show up until Wed. I'll have to experiment with other ones in my prop box.

Oh, and btw, wear sunscreen next time.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:41 PM
m3cosmos

I recently purchased one of these since I've like the brushless version so much. I'm thinking about upgrading to an O.S. .18CVR-MX engine. Anyone tried this engine? Would the 40x52/3 from the SV27 electric work good?

Thanks,
Old 07-14-2007, 06:59 PM
MOVMX Racer

I thought you said you had too many, and thats why you sold me that white one! I don't know how well the prop works, because I havent had a chance to really get it up on plane and at full throttle. I now want to get going on my micro boat! AAHHH!
Old 07-14-2007, 09:09 PM
piper_chuck

ORIGINAL: MOVMX Racer

I thought you said you had too many, and thats why you sold me that white one! I don't know how well the prop works, because I havent had a chance to really get it up on plane and at full throttle. I now want to get going on my micro boat! AAHHH!
Yes, too many boats. Unfortunately, due to timing, not enough props right now. []
Old 07-15-2007, 08:45 AM
Srowe

I would love to know how to make a pill bottle muffler too! Someone let us know.....
Old 07-15-2007, 09:56 AM
cwaterhunter

ORIGINAL: MOVMX Racer

WOOHOO!!! I got to go to the lake today!!! My sister had a change of heart, and decided to let me hitch a ride to a local lake.[] My back is toast now (I am not tan at all, just red...) but my boat is 2 tanks closer to being broke in!
All I can sayt is WOW... it flys! my sisters friend was my pit crew, she threw it in, I gave it half throttle and I slowed down FAST! my legs where shaking, it was soooo much faster than I expected at half throttle! I brought it in for a few passes, and this HUGE real boat flys by (about 200 yards out) and makes big waves and you guessed it, I saw my boat bounce and flip! I yanked the carb to closed with the radio till it died, and swam out (only about 20 yards) I brought the boat back, dumped the water out (thank god I filled it with pool noodle foam wherever it fit) opened the radio box... no water!! I pulled the plug and let the engine dry in the sun for a while, and it fired right back up no problems! I love the boat, and am only dissapointed with two things. 1: It is loud as HECK, and 2: I don't know what I do more; answering questions about it or driving!! I probably sold two or three boats, one guy had a two year old that was on the shore, and he stopped and jumped up and down everytime I drove by! I think I sold him on a nitro and sold him a reef racer or zig zag for his son lol!
I had a great time driving it and am looking forward to shooting it around on a glassy pond soon! Thanks for selling me on one guys!!

Also, I was thinking about making a muffler for it. How do you make a pill bottle muffler? I need it to be quiter, I have some 2-stroke dirtbike fiberglass muffler packing as well, could I stick that in something for a muffler? any ideas or pics would be great!!
i think JD said a few months he would pot a few,,would love to see them my self.. iam tempted to repair my old box, tired of waiting the the replacement to get here of i might see if any of the others i have here will work,,
Old 07-15-2007, 12:01 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I think that Jerry is still at the NAMBA Nat's yet so he won't be in here for a few more days yet. Yes, I'm waiting for the pill bottle muffler build also.
I kind of hate to let the cat out of the bag but I've heard that there will be 2 new pipes coming for this boat and the Miss Vegas. I won't say who are making them but I know that one should be a lot quieter than the stocker but both will very good pipes.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:21 PM
piper_chuck

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson
I kind of hate to let the cat out of the bag but I've heard that there will be 2 new pipes coming for this boat and the Miss Vegas. I won't say who are making them but I know that one should be a lot quieter than the stocker but both will very good pipes.
After finally getting a chance to run my SV today, I must say that'll be a welcome change. My god, that little thing is loud! [X(] My .80 rigger makes less noise.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:34 PM
cyrus423

well i had a little misfortune at the pond today. on about ny second tank of fuel and i hit a wake a little to fast and sent the boat about 3-4ft in the air and then it submarined. thankfully i was able to cut the motor of before it went under water so no broken con rod. to bad the radio box is about as usefull as a screen door on a submarine it was full of water. i guess its time for some new servos.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:41 PM
cwaterhunter

can still use the old ones... just dry out good..sane with the rec... i should know i also have a NITRO VEE lol to bad you didnt get a pic or a vid,, would have made a good lol just teasing ya
Old 07-15-2007, 06:51 PM
cyrus423

it was actually really cool to watch, i wish i did have a vid. receiver is fine it was ballooned. i just dont want a potential intermittent problem with servos that send me crashing into the wall. i just wish the box would of done a little better job. oh well i guess she will be running again for next week
Old 07-16-2007, 02:47 PM
MOVMX Racer

I like to spread silicone sealant around where water can leak in on servos, I put a good layer everywhere but the output shaft, and grease the output shaft very well, and I don't have trouble with wet servos. I might get to a pond later today so I can really get it going, I just need to call my local park to see what their policies are on fuel power. I will try to remember the camera!
Old 07-16-2007, 11:04 PM
redriderjt

had even more bad luck than cyrus423 today at the pond.Still breakin in my Boat had about 2 tanks thourgh it when on 3rd tank the boat stalled out. wind blew it back to shore.I then tried to start it back up which it did for about a second.Then it died out again tried to start her again but the pull starter was lock soild.Brought her home and pulled the head off to see if she was seized but the piston moved about a millimeter up and down. then took motor out of the hull to pull the reoil starter off and found that was in working order.Found out upon further teardown that the "big end" of the connecting rod expoled and chewed up the crank and body.I was running 2.5 turns out on the high speed screw with O Donnell 30% boat fuel.The only thing i can think of is that the head was leaking water into the cylinder or more likely i ingested water into the carb without see it.Also had a problem with it hydrolocking when it sat maybe the head was leaking the whole time and just leaked water into the cylinder after i ran it.Its still under warranty (within 90 days) but ive have already torn it apart and got parts on order.Does anybody think i can call to try to get this warranted or is this an error on my part? Also has anyone put the O.S. .18 tz motor into there boat? If so is it an improvement thats worth it?
Old 07-16-2007, 11:51 PM
Ron Olson

Sorry to hear about your con-rod breaking. You can call Aquacraft to see if they'll still cover it. They should as you had to tear it down to find the problem.
Good luck in finding the OS .18 TZ. Once the Aquacraft .18 is broken in, the boat can be a handful with just that engine.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:33 PM
MOVMX Racer

Well, I got my SV out yesterday and today. Yesterday, the first full tank was great. It planed well and sounded like it was running slightly rich. I brought it in after 8 min to check the fuel, and it was nearly out. I filled it back up and started it, and then got it in the water. It wouldn't plane and didn't have much throttle response (sounded like it was at about 2/5ths throttle, not quite half). I brought it back in and checked everything. The throttle arm moved, and the carb opened fine, and I even range tested it. I put it back in the water, and it still seemed like it wouldn't go. I ran the tank through and brought it home. I fired it up today, and it still is doing the same thing. I have the HSN at 2 and 1/4th turns like it is reccomended, and the LSN 1/4 turn closed from factory. on my fifth tank today, I set it out and noticed it getting more and more sluggish, and all of a sudden it died. I swam out and got it, it had plenty of fuel, and was at about 105 degrees when I got it back to shore (it was a good 100 feet out...) It starts easily, but I have to set the throttle trim out to about 1/6th of the way open for it to stay running, I can't keep it going at idle. I really want to get this engine running right, as I am going on vacation to a lakeside resort and plan on driving it a lot and showing it off. Please help!!
Old 07-18-2007, 05:23 AM
cwaterhunter

first thing i would do is check the fuel lines and make sure the fuel cap is tight....
Old 07-18-2007, 12:14 PM
MOVMX Racer

I might go to the lake again today and take a camera to shoot some video. I will check the fuel line to be sure as well.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:24 PM
Jerry Dunlap

Just got back in town from the NAMBA Nats. I'll do a "pill bottle" muffler in a couple of days. Still attempting to get stuff sorted out and put away from the trip.

JD
Old 07-18-2007, 02:36 PM
f16man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also check glow plug open hsn 1/2 turn 21/4 is to lean and realy checkout the fuel lines and fuel tank for air leaks.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:15 PM
ghostracer

I DID IT I BROKE THE RECORD 48.2 mph on 40% nitro 40/52 prop and a few mods to the boat.
the boat has 3.5 mac pipe and the rest is stock. [8D] but!! I blew the glow plug right out of the boat. literately can you sent the head back by itself for warranty?
Old 07-19-2007, 05:34 PM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CONGRATS GhostRacer,(pending validity)[:-],this is a TUFF crew here(skeptical) and by no means(disbelieving),but of course,WE WANT TO SEE...vids...pics....gps readings....2 officials validating run....(not friends or family members) etc...etc....LOL....before you repost claims..I think popping the glow plug out VOIDS the warranty.......[:@]
Old 07-19-2007, 05:34 PM
ryan_t888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thats pretty good considering that stock engine would be spinning more than 33 000 RPM. I can't get it to spin more than 23 500 RPM. Do you have video of it?

Ryan
Old 07-19-2007, 10:51 PM
Ron Olson

Somebody had radared mine at 38.6 and it was still on its 3rd tank of fuel. Things got a little hairy at that speed but the water conditions were far from ideal.
I want to know how you tossed the plug and ruined the threads unless it was cross-threaded or not all the way in. I've tossed loose plugs before but non that were tightened down.
Yeah, you're playing to a tough crowd in here.
mine will be back on the water next week while I'm on vacation (I'm not going anywhere except around town) with the strut worked on and the OSE trim tabs installed.
Running at 48.2 MPH could make you competitive against .21 monos at races.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.