Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Aquacraft Super-Vee 27 Nitro.

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Aquacraft Super-Vee 27 Nitro.

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 05:01 PM
ghostracer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aquacraft Super-Vee 27 Nitro.

Has anyone tryed a .21 engine in the supervee?
Old 07-30-2007, 05:02 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: MOVMX Racer

Mine is bent a lot more than that. I don't know how it got bent, and I am not sure where to get another one. I really wan't to get the boat repaired, so if i could get an answer as to where to get one, I get it and have my boat ready for the water again.
Can you post a pic showing how it's bent? I'm curious where it happened and how severe it is.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:04 PM
piper_chuck

ORIGINAL: ghostracer

After the limited running time I've had with mine, I can't imagine wanting a larger engine. The boat seems to already be pushing the limits of what its size can handle. I'm toying with the idea of throwing a CVR-M in it (I've got 4 of them ), but I fear even that might be too much.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:06 PM
piper_chuck

ORIGINAL: MOVMX Racer

Okay that settles it. I will check my stocks of tubing, and order a couple flex cables. Could I maybe build a fiberglass box? I have stuff i can use for a form to glass, that might work better that wood for me!
You're talking about radio box, right? If you're more comfortable working with glass than wood then by all means, use glass. Measure the existing box and make one that's a similar size. Look at the pics in the thread I created to get an idea on how to make the top so there's room to tape down a cover.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:10 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Seriosly, I wouldn't. The boat with the stock engine seems to have plenty of power for the hull. We ran mine on Saturday and my son started messing with different props. One that he tried was a Prather 220. It did turn it but it's not one that I'd want to use all of the time. We had to really crank the trim tabs down to keep it on the water though. I've got a set from Offshore Electrics on it and I really like to be able to adjust them quickly.
I gave my broken radio box to a friend who is going to do a CAD design of it. We may produce them through my sisters company, laser cut in lite ply.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:14 AM
cwaterhunter

hi guys,, ron i have the same tabs,, but i cant keep it running long enough to adj them lol.. keeps dying after a few min running in the pond.. checked the fuel lines and tank.. all ok.. did find the carb line was kinds close to the motor was thin king the fuel was getting to hot,, moved it but havent had the time to get back to the pond to check it,, any ideas guys?.. anyone else havint the same problems? ... mark
Old 07-31-2007, 10:30 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

If it's stalling after just a few minutes of running, try richening the carb just a little more to see if that helps.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:57 PM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

definately richen the the carb..... ALOT....[:-]
Old 07-31-2007, 01:10 PM
cwaterhunter

its out like two 1/4 turns,,
Old 07-31-2007, 05:16 PM
ghostracer

I think the boat has much protental in fort pierce there getting the electric over 60 mph why can't you push the gas that fast I have already got the boat stable as can be but how much can you really push it?
Old 08-01-2007, 12:11 PM
MOVMX Racer

Well, on my bending the tube, I think it was mainly my fault, as it started to pull out when I was trying to remove my flex cable. I tried to push it back in, and it wouldn't budge, so I pulled it out and it was bent pretty bad. Needless to say I was a little... *upset*[:@], so the entire thing, flex cable, shaft and all (excluding prop shaft, prop, etc) is long gone. i will just replace my tube and cable, and be much more careful next time.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:03 PM
Jerry Dunlap

I think the boat has much protental in fort pierce there getting the electric over 60 mph why can't you push the gas that fast I have already got the boat stable as can be but how much can you really push it?
At a FE race this past Saturday, a racer installed a GPS in hs SV BL and recorded a top speed to 48 mph - achieved when the boat flew off the water and crashed spectaturally. He was running LiPos and an Ammo brushless motor. He could not keep the boat on the water with that amount of power. I designed the SV 27 hull. From what I have witnessed, the design(FE or nitro) will not stay on the water at speeds approaching 50. Not saying it cannot be done, just saying I haven't seen it and I've seen some really fast SV 27 BLs.

JD
Old 08-01-2007, 02:25 PM
ryan_t888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The fastest BL SV's I've seen on the electric thread are mid 40's. I don't think 60's are possible.

Ryan
Old 08-02-2007, 08:33 PM
cwaterhunter

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

If it's stalling after just a few minutes of running, try richening the carb just a little more to see if that helps.
well that was it took it out to 3 turns, ran awsome i left the canopy off,,ran a full tank ran great!!!!!!! then i brough her in, refilled her. put the gps.. got a new one btw the garmin etrex.. much lighter that my other one,, well to make a long story short lol,, tossed her in,, she went awsome getting on plane,, then slowed down,,alot,, i was like grrrrrr,, brought her in was full of water!!! i was saying what the heck fouth out the header cooling exit tube as cracked,,,as you can see its a small pond just when it gets going ya have to let off,, the gps read max at 28,, was going faster on the first run,,,iam guessing maybe 32-33 well ill try agian tomorrw lol
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56305.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	734547   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qm35664.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	734548  
Old 08-03-2007, 12:08 PM
cwaterhunter

anyone else having a problem with there hull cracking in the right side? about half way down? i looked inside and its where it thins out a lil from the gunnel,, liiks like a desine flaw,,,it goes from bow to stern,,,i was whiping it down to do some flame decales saw it then,,, if it had the stock stickers on it i dont think it would have been seen,,, everyone should check,,,the glass feels real thin there,,,ill mark it with some tape or something and post a pic later,,,its still under warentry but damn whah a pain,,,big pain if they want to old hull
Old 08-03-2007, 05:23 PM
motorhead91

put a lil epoxy on it
Old 08-03-2007, 05:26 PM
cwaterhunter

i looked close at it the whole right side is thin,,like its missing a layer of glass,,ill notify them ans see what they say,,,
Old 08-03-2007, 05:39 PM
motorhead91

must just be yours mine looks fine....
Old 08-03-2007, 05:54 PM
cwaterhunter

just my luck huh,,lol it came missing the right spin fin must have been made on a mom or fri lol
Old 08-04-2007, 07:31 PM
cwaterhunter

well ... i went a lil more neg with the strut,, and went one turn down on the trim tabs,,big differance,, got up on plane faster, now remember the pond iam going to is only about, 100 ft long,, best gps was 25.6 today got up to 28.8.. just when she got going had to back off, going to the big pond monday,, and see what i get for a max speed....
Old 08-04-2007, 11:59 PM
MOVMX Racer

I didn't notice any weakness on my hull, but my cowl is now cracked...(I stepped on it...)
I will get some parts soon, but grabbing a renegade rigger may take priority...[X(]
Any news on the new pipes or pill bottle muffler yet?!?!
Old 08-05-2007, 11:10 PM
cwaterhunter

well fliped her today.. that was exciting lol did another turn down on the trim fins think it was two much was slower than yesterday..git her home ant she started up after two pulls,, so i guess its getting better lol
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Cz79791.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	228.2 KB
ID:	736646  
Old 08-09-2007, 07:16 PM
cwaterhunter

ok question.... i just joined the RCU vid thing,, i copyed one there easy,, but how do i send to a post here? anyone know? thanks mark
Old 08-10-2007, 08:55 PM
MOVMX Racer

Well, since I got no reply on the muffler question, I made my own, I will test it when I get my boat back together. I cut a 3 inch long piece of 1/2 in. PVC and then made an endcape, not sure what it is, but it was lying around. I then cut a small piece of fiberglass silencer packing (stuff used in dirtbikes, etc., similar to this : http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...fCatId=&mmyId=) and pulled it apart until it was "fluffy" and stuffed it in there. I then epoxied the cap on, and painted it black. (dont laugh) My only test I could to was yelling into it, and it seems to work well. I will update when I test it.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:08 PM
cwaterhunter

http://rcuvideos.com/item/X5TBQY7TJCGZ4RRX on tank 3 or so

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.