Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Aquacraft Super-Vee 27 Nitro.

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Aquacraft Super-Vee 27 Nitro.

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 09:57 PM
cwaterhunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aquacraft Super-Vee 27 Nitro.

well got her up to 30.2 on the small pond today.. i hope to go to wearham mass tomorrow and try for more....
Old 08-12-2007, 01:18 PM
Team A-Hull

I never reall noticed this boat until now and it seems like a nice setup. The question is nitro or electric? Is one better than the other? What is a max speed for both of them with upgrades on that hull? How would a Shockwave 36 or Thundercat31 compare to the SV nitro?

Thanks
Old 08-12-2007, 04:38 PM
motorhead91

the nitro and electric seem to be pretty even depending on setup.....

stay away from pro boat
Old 08-13-2007, 01:31 PM
cwaterhunter

well i was bored today.. installed a x442 prop on her,,,went to the small pond launched her,,, wow!!!! on plane in a second..much better than with the x440,, top speed suffered some,, i think that prop need a longer distance to wind up...i really think that prop would be great on a larger pond,,, remember the pond i test on is only maybe 75 ft long and 30 ft wide,,cant wait to do a real top speed run with both props,,when i do ill post the results....just need a longer pond and a " recovery" boat just in case lol,,,, how is everyone else doing with theres?...mine is running really strong now its just that the damn pond is kinda small,, yo back a few post and look at the vid i put there,,, that was with a x440.. but you get the idea on the ponds size,,,, mark
Old 08-13-2007, 01:37 PM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did you ever get it on the pipe...?[:-]
Old 08-13-2007, 01:43 PM
cwaterhunter

with the x440 yes,, hit 30.4 in that pond sat,,, then had to back off i think with the x442 and a longer pond would be awsome,, the motor deff can handle it....
Old 08-13-2007, 10:16 PM
Team A-Hull

How long will one of these boats run on a tank of gas?
Old 08-13-2007, 10:18 PM
Team A-Hull

Old 08-13-2007, 10:31 PM
Jerry Dunlap

ORIGINAL: Team A-Hull

7 - 8 minutes.

JD
Old 08-14-2007, 12:47 AM
Team A-Hull

Buying an SV with no motor... What is a good upgrade motor for this boat or should i stick with the stock?
Old 08-14-2007, 12:48 AM
cwaterhunter

stick with stock,,, lots of power
Old 08-14-2007, 07:57 AM
Russ Williamson

O.S. .18 CVM
Rw

ORIGINAL: Team A-Hull

Buying an SV with no motor... What is a good upgrade motor for this boat or should i stick with the stock?
Old 08-19-2007, 10:14 AM
cwaterhunter

well i put the x440 back on,,,take a lil longer to get on plane but and can gat her 31 mph on the small pond..cant wait to ger her to a larger pond ant do high speed runs with both props,, has anyone else tryed a x442 and what was your top speed? mark
Old 08-20-2007, 04:58 PM
savagehead
My Feedback: (25)

What type and brand of fuel is anyone running in there super-vee?
Old 08-20-2007, 06:20 PM
cwaterhunter

i am using 30% with 23% oil.. will go up to hugher when this gal is done...
Old 08-20-2007, 11:08 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Wildcat 45% but I have some 65 also for later on.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:06 PM
motorhead91

o'donnel 50%
Old 08-21-2007, 05:39 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Redmax 50%.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:26 PM
d-lo

quick question, noob here, i just bought the nitro supervee, looks like it is going to be a fun one! i have been lurking here, taking in all the wondeful tips and advice on this boat. this is my first boat, my friends run hydros, so i thought i would mix it up, and go with a v hull. i am into rc cars and trucks, so the techy part is covered, now i am just on the learning curve about the wonderful world of water! this weekend will be my first outing to get her wet, so, looking forward to that. i have done alot of prelim work on the boat, first thing i did was take it down most of the way.

the gas tank needed alot of love, there is no way that baby would have held fuel. so, a trip with a flat file and an x-acto, the top is as flat as they come, and i have a pepsi cap just in case!

the stuffing tube was off quite a bit from the collet, so i made a jig to hold it on place, then reinforced the area of connection to the bottom of the hull with epoxy and milled glass. i also reinforced the length of the stringers with the epoxy, and coated a large portion of the hull with it to aid in strength, but mostly for cleanup.

the paint job and glass work look to be great! mine is blue, but had to change crystals when i realized my friends miss bud was the exact same frequency. what are the odds! there is like 30 channels or something up in the 75 range? lol.

all the fuel lines will have a little help with a extra band of fuel line to act as a clamp on every connection.

i corrosion x'ed the electronics in the servos and the reciever, will balloon the reciever, just in case.

i took out the radio box, (no broken tabs yet!) reinforced the top side of the tabs with a washer, coated them with a heavy duty silicone, and ground flat the nutserts for the box. the plywood holder for the box was a bad piece of ply with a big chunk missing, so i epoxied that up as well.

i am still learning all the terms of the boat parts,(bear with me please!) but the stainless trim flap deals got their holes elongated, so i can adjust up and down a bit, as well.

i removed the styrofoam from up front, and made custom hull shaped pieces out of this packing material from work, same consistency as pool noodle, kind of plasticy styro, for the front of the hull, a big runner along the right side, and a nice square chunk against the back, above the stuffing tube. oh, and a little chunk in the canopy, in case she ever lets go out in the water.

all in all, the boat looks like a great piece out of the box, but i am glad i took it apart, and found all the little things that needed tweaking. i will post pics later when i get home, as soon as i figure out how to do it on here, and show you my progress.

oh, my original question, do i need to run an extra head shim on the .18 to run 30% fuel? my lhs was out of them, just wanted to know how that motor runs on 30% or more with one head shim........

thanks russ and everyone for the great feedback on this little guy, i am looking forward to having fun in the water.........

davey
Old 08-23-2007, 02:35 PM
ryan_t888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

When I run less than 30% I use a hot plug. When I run more than 30% I use a cold plug. I try to avoid swapping out or adding head shims.

Ryan
Old 08-23-2007, 02:56 PM
Dan S

No need to add head shims.

Dan.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:11 AM
d-lo

real quick. i tried to beak in the motor on the bench last night, with the i.v. cooling line, and i could not get it going. it ran roughly, with having to hold more than half throttle just to get it to go, then i couldn't even get a burp out of it. after several turning adjustments both ways on the lsn, and checking the high, at 2 1/2 turns, i was having glow igniter issues, which left me dead.

so, i'm at a few hundred feet above sea level, mid to high seventies, med to light humidity, do one of you mind telling me how many turns out you are with your lowspeed needle, and how far your carb is open, so i can get back in the ballpark to get it going for the first time? i want to set it as close as i can before i try again tonight, with hopefully a better glow igniter situation...

thank you!!

davey
Old 08-26-2007, 11:42 PM
d-lo

first boating experience!!!!

well, i got the motor that wouldn't start sorted out, turns out the tiger drive one way bearing seized to the motor output shaft. didn't add up in my head, i checked everything before hand, turned freely, was lubed, seemed alright on the bench, but when it first fired, that must have been why i didn't hear another burp out of it again, because thereafter, the drill was holding the motor back, as it was turning the tiger drive fulltime. go figure. so, a trip with mr dremel cut off wheel, (she was on there good!) and some vise grips, it was off. the shaft actually has some indentations on it, but i hit it with a fine tooth flat file, to hit any high spots, put the pull start on it, and it works. i didn't think it would, because of the little divets left in the shaft from the roller bearing on the drive. a new shaft will be on order just in case.

out at the water:
she fires right up, put her in the water, factory prop, steering limited a bit just in case. water was fairly calm, mission success for about one minute, then wiiiing! free wheeling engine, shut her down, make a raft trip out to the boat. (by the way, boating with a friend, with a .18 dynamite 2 gen miss bud...) well, everything was still at the strut, prop, shaft, etc, but it spun freely without turning the motor, but wouldn't come out.
on shore, you guessed it, broke at the solder to the prop shaft. well, i had bought a second, so, in she went. nothing changed setup wise, everything looked good the first time. things go great this time, factory prop, handling great, decent speed, keeping up or better with the miss bud and his plastic props. then, all of the sudden, high rpm's, still moving, but half speed. i bring her in, this time, i hit a stick or something, broke half of the blades off the plastic prop. well, when i bought the prop shaft, i also picked up two grim racer props, the 40-52/3, and the 40-53. on goes the 40-52/3, and wow! she really picked up some speed, but it was too much, she'd be alright for a bit, but then do the 'chine walk' (i think that's the term, still a noob here...). so, without tuning anything on the boat, i put the two blade on there. much better handling, but a bit slower.

so, here is how i had it setup: trim tabs just above flush, straight for a bit, and slightly bent down. rudder perfectly square to the mount. turn fins perfectly 90 to the hull. strut at first straight, then a little positive, still had problems with full throttle, be ok, then bounce bounce bounce wam! it would flip or dive. so, i spent alot of time with the two blade, but would like to get the 3 blade working, as that one is an animal in my opinion.

so, with my brass 3 blade, we went toe to toe roundy round, and he had switched to a 3 blade octura,(not sure the pitch, but almost too much for him, it would bog a bit in the straights, but would kill in a slight turn,) he was a bit faster in corners, but i could keep or pass him on the straights. oh, in case anyones wondering, in a boat on boat battle of a supervee27 versus a miss bud, the brass propped supervee running over the top of the miss bud right sponson,(his move not mine!) the miss bud LOST. ouch, fully cracked open. so, a bit of servo tape later, he was back together, and we were chasin' each other around out there again. i ran the 40-53, he the 3 blade octura, and he pretty much had me. (new paint jobs and body work are going to be in order this winter me thinks!!)

so, all in all, for my first boating experience, i fell in love with it! i am going to paint the boat this winter, dark blue on the water is no good for me! but, some more tuning, and i should be set. i am going to re-read this entire thread again, now that i have some water time under my belt, but if anyone wants to pipe up on any tuning tips for my out of control 40-52/3 setup, i'm all ears.

thanks everyone for the great info, i'm happy i made the dive into the water foray, good times!!

davey
Old 08-26-2007, 11:55 PM
SpeedyWho

ORIGINAL: motorhead91

i had the same problem with water coming in....so i took the strut off and put a bead of silicone sealent around where the bushing comes out , then put the strut back on and no water has come in since
Good idea I am getting too much water in my boat, I'll try that out this week.

Old 08-26-2007, 11:59 PM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

to help with the chine-dancing issue,bend the inside corner of the starboard tab down 1/8",just the corner....this WILL resolve that issue...been there...done this...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.