Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
 Aquacraft Super-Vee 27 Nitro. >

Aquacraft Super-Vee 27 Nitro.

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Aquacraft Super-Vee 27 Nitro.

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 11:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aquacraft Super-Vee 27 Nitro.

STOP LOOKIN IVE FOUND IT! just had to play around with the standard needle settings and VROOM. sounds really rich but i spose thats a good idea on a new engine. how long is too long without water through a marine cooled engine? ive run it for about a minute and given the throttle a quick blip which stalled it. must be too rich. ive rigged up a softdrink bottle with a nipple and am about to run the engine longer on the bench with water flowing thru some fuel hose ive got between the nipple and the head,but without load you want to keep the revs low?
cheer,dan
Old 10-18-2007, 12:48 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Don't overtighten the gas cap as it is worse that leaving it loose as you can ruin the threads.
The engine will be a little hard starting the first few times, that's normal although a frustrating. Crank the high-speed needle out 2-1/2 turns then keep on pulling until it fires.

BTW, it's not nice trying to bypass the site censor!
Old 10-18-2007, 06:15 AM

just ran a full tank through the machine with my water bottle setup cooling the engine,at a high idle. all was sweet when all of a sudden i get a whack in the leg. whats this i ask myself? and shut the motor down to prevent any further damage and to inspect what happened. the 3 blade prop supplied with the boat snapped length ways,so now i have a two blade prop missing one of its blades. not happy aquacraft! the rest of the boat seems to be in excellent build condition. any ideas as to why this may have happened. i certainly wasnt over revving the engine coz im still running it in and havent even hit half throttle yet. could the prop nut have been overtightened from factory? good thing this happened i guess coz while i was inspecting the damage i found the allen key grubscrew on the drive dog? loose and was probably the next thing to hit me in the head!
all help appreciated,
cheers dan
Old 10-18-2007, 06:43 AM

the loose drive dog is common/// and when your doing the heat cycle breaking in let it cool avter a few min,, dont run a full tank.i did it cycles of about 10 nin running 15 off.. judt to loosrn the motor..alil revving here and there,,,it became nucj easyer to start after that,,, and whe you get to about 10 tamks running in the water even easyer.... damn i miss that boat lol.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:07 AM

yeah man real sorry to hear about loosing it. gotta raise the question,HOW? do you reckon it sank?
u reckon the prop broke from being over tensioned in the factory while leaving the drive dog loose?
cheers,dan
Old 10-18-2007, 07:18 AM

was laborday week end,, was at a pond near a campground,, was running awsome..when throught about three tanks,, whe all of a sudden it took a hard right into the shore... woody shore... walked down lookinh saw nothing...there wasr a few pathes leading up to the camps i think some one heard it hit shore and ran down a nf got it.. it was later in the day...next dat went out in a raft and someonr i wadwers,,,,,,,,,, no luck....it also hade my GPS in it....oh well ill get another the one in the scratch andf dent sale got mwith a essed up////i just moght order a new one with the easy pay....iam also doing a Nito Vee the super vee drive line.. 2.5 should be interesting... als doinf a V-BOX wood boat getting real close with that one/...... it keeps me off the streets,, lo
Old 10-18-2007, 08:15 AM
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: danman aus

just ran a full tank through the machine with my water bottle setup cooling the engine,at a high idle. all was sweet when all of a sudden i get a whack in the leg. whats this i ask myself? and shut the motor down to prevent any further damage and to inspect what happened. the 3 blade prop supplied with the boat snapped length ways,so now i have a two blade prop missing one of its blades. not happy aquacraft! the rest of the boat seems to be in excellent build condition. any ideas as to why this may have happened. i certainly wasnt over revving the engine coz im still running it in and havent even hit half throttle yet. could the prop nut have been overtightened from factory? good thing this happened i guess coz while i was inspecting the damage i found the allen key grubscrew on the drive dog? loose and was probably the next thing to hit me in the head!
all help appreciated,
cheers dan
Whenever you get a new or second hand, boat, it's a good idea to go through all of the fasteners and mechanicals to be sure they're tightened correctly, have Loctite as appropriate, etc. This will help you avoid lost parts. As far as the prop goes, read through the thread for recommendations on metal prop choices. Mine shed a blade too. It seems the plastic ones shipped with the boats have a short life span, but that's ok with me, I like to experiment with props.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:41 AM

Danman, you're lucky that it lastedcthat long! Mine broke while trying to pull-start it the first time.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

RobbieK, take a look to see if the servo arm is hitting against the radio box. I had to shorten the servo arm a little so that it could move freely. I cut it off at the outer hole.
that wasnt the case because l;ike i said i switched crystals into my brothers transmitter and it worked fine.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:33 PM

well i was a little dissapointed [&o] but what are you gunna do? now ive got to wait a week or two until some metal props arrive. then ive got to learn how to balance them! ahh the joys of hobbying . just a shame i cant hit the water while im on holidays!

what ive done as well as adding loktite to the thread is heated up some beer hose (6mm id & 10 mm od) and slid it over the drive dog so when (and ) if that cheeky little grub screw decides to undo again atleast ill still have it.

the question i ask though,if you look close enough the rubber hose is interfearing with the water path to the very front of the prop (insert tech word here),and im wondering will the prop still bite the water or will it cavitate and go nowhere?

cheers,dan

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40448.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	785595  
Old 10-18-2007, 05:49 PM

ORIGINAL: danman aus

well i was a little dissapointed [&o] but what are you gunna do? now ive got to wait a week or two until some metal props arrive. then ive got to learn how to balance them! ahh the joys of hobbying . just a shame i cant hit the water while im on holidays!

what ive done as well as adding loktite to the thread is heated up some beer hose (6mm id & 10 mm od) and slid it over the drive dog so when (and ) if that cheeky little grub screw decides to undo again atleast ill still have it.

the question i ask though,if you look close enough the rubber hose is interfearing with the water path to the very front of the prop (insert tech word here),and im wondering will the prop still bite the water or will it cavitate and go nowhere?

cheers,dan

well, one way to find out, try it! i don't think you'll have issues, but i'm sure it would be better without it.

i haven't ever lost the set screw, once i put loctite on it. once it came loose, but the prop started slipping, so i caught it before anything got lost......

good luck!! oh, the grimracer 40-52/3, and the 40-53 props have worked very well for me, and you can run them "as is" if you like, in case you don't want to go through the balancing bit.......

cheers!

davey

davey
Old 10-25-2007, 07:04 PM

well ive had the boat for close to two weeks now and still havent hit the water! ive run the engine a few times to try and heat cycle it so when i do finally get to the water it should run. am having real probs with idle and mid throttle. normally the low speed should be set from factory close enough for it to idle shouldnt it? any ideas? i know i should be doing this in the water but if the engine wont idle on the bench the boat aint hittin the water. i do have a flow of water thru the head to prevent overheating.

cheers,dan
Old 10-25-2007, 08:08 PM

stop lookin ive found it again! with d-lo's help ive adjusted the lsn to 1 1/2 turns and it purrs like a kitten. all you guys help has been tremendous! time to chase some ducks

cheers,dan
Old 10-28-2007, 08:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how is the new batch of the supervees holding up . are the same problems still evident with this batch of boats i.e radio box tabs breaking , flex shaft issues ,
Old 10-29-2007, 08:44 AM

quick question guys, thus the 3/16 flex shaft will fit on the prop strut of this sv27?..or anybody knows a prop strut same style will fit on 3/16 shaft??thanks
Old 10-29-2007, 10:48 AM

ORIGINAL: wave waker

quick question guys, thus the 3/16 flex shaft will fit on the prop strut of this sv27?..or anybody knows a prop strut same style will fit on 3/16 shaft??thanks
The stub staft size is 3/16" - .167, but the flex shaft is .150. The shaft log will not accept a .167 flex shaft.

JD
Old 10-29-2007, 11:01 AM

ORIGINAL: Jerry Dunlap

ORIGINAL: wave waker

The stub staft size is 3/16" - .167, but the flex shaft is .150. The shaft log will not accept a .167 flex shaft.

JD
Not to mention that it's about impossible to find the flex cable coupler to go between the 5mm threads and the 3/16" cable. I know of one but I wouldn't recommend it.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:48 PM

Well the lake we boat on with regular boats has officially banned my r/c boat due to the oil in the exhaust.I know it's nuts,but its the US Army Corps of Engineers that runs the lake and the EPA must have them in their back pocket.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:04 PM
My Feedback: (25)

ORIGINAL: robcaryh

Well the lake we boat on with regular boats has officially banned my r/c boat due to the oil in the exhaust.I know it's nuts,but its the US Army Corps of Engineers that runs the lake and the EPA must have them in their back pocket.
No dude dont sell it
Old 10-30-2007, 11:04 PM

Gonna get the brushless
Old 10-31-2007, 12:06 AM

What you are running for a lubricant is a natural oil, castor. Sun tanning lotion would cause more harm to the water than what you could ever do. If the water has homes around it, they're probably adding fertilizers to the pond, adding a lot more pollution.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:52 AM

Going to sell it anyway.I just don't have the patience for pull starts anymore anyway so i am kind of glad they don't want the oil there.I find it hard to believe that the ket skis there dont put out 1000x more oil than the boat,but evidently they are worried about the nitromethane being a carcinogen more than the oil.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: robcaryh

Rob,I hope you got your info from someone in authority,cuz it sounds like a bucket full of......propwash ,personnaly,I would like the answer to the dual-standards of full-scale boats and jet ski's being allowed to run,and not your little sv27....whoo'd you pyss off......[:-],every org. has a boss,I'd go to the H.A.I.C. and find out if they're gonna outlaw your brushless also....[:-] just my two cents....
Old 10-31-2007, 08:51 AM

It sounds like you've got people talking out of their uneducated asses there, trying to find some lame excuse for you not to run there. Jet Ski's are more annoying with a lot of mindless owners running them. Take this from a former full-sized boat owner and tournament fisherman.
Gasoline isn't a carcinogen?
Old 10-31-2007, 09:11 AM

i agree ron i would say show me in writing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.