Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Aquacraft Super-Vee 27 Nitro.

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Aquacraft Super-Vee 27 Nitro.

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 02:41 PM
motorhead91

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aquacraft Super-Vee 27 Nitro.

ORIGINAL: SpeedyWho

ORIGINAL: motorhead91

i had the same problem with water coming in....so i took the strut off and put a bead of silicone sealent around where the bushing comes out , then put the strut back on and no water has come in since
Good idea I am getting too much water in my boat, I'll try that out this week.

a small amount of water can still come in thru the strut where the shaft exits, but really nothing at all, especialy when its scootin across the water
Old 08-27-2007, 06:46 PM
cyrus423

does anyone know what is involved to convert this to electric. i recently got into gas boats so this thing is sitting on my shelf unused. if i convert to electric i can run it during the week at a much closer pond. or maybe ill just sell it
Old 08-27-2007, 07:11 PM
cwaterhunter

i have the blue boat as well.. gonna paint it red maybe this winter....try what i did.. get some red pinstriping tape and and put on the boot line its much easyer to see the boat
Old 08-27-2007, 10:40 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Cyrus, you'd be better off selling it and getting the brushless version as you'd need to change just about everything.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:45 PM
d-lo

hey folks, i did some mods to my factory radio box, and got it tight as a drum.

being new, i flipped this baby a couple times, while tuning it, while getting run into, and just flat out getting out of control finding the limits. anyway, even with flotation in the back, the radio box would take on water. so, today i got to looking at it, and i noticed the front and back, the short sides of the box, bow because of the tension of the side fasteners, not allowing the front and back to seal against the rubber in the channel. so, i fastened two small L-shaped runners across the leading edges, front and rear, right next to hump with the channel in it, with a 6-32 nut and screw at each end, (like small right angle steel, about an 1/8 inch high by wide, from a piece of din rail, used for mounting electronics.) on the front and back, like a support, to keep it from bowing when the sides are clipped down. i added a 1/16 inch thick piece of weather stripping under the front and rear edge in the gasket channel, tapering the ends, to make the ends a little thicker for sealing, then reinstalled the rubber gasket into the channel. now, when put together, when i blow on the antenna hole, she is actually air tight.

granted, this was more of a chore than some might want to do, but, just sharing some info, as i know i am not the only one who realizes the box does not shut tight. it didn't cost a thing but some time, was easy as pie, and now it works like i want it too, given i don't lose the tabs anytime soon, or split the box, which i have read about. the tabs have been reinforced, and there is no pressure on it elsewhere, so it should hold up alright me thinks. we'll see.

i ordered some props and a balancer as well, (my friends will use it as well...) so, i am going to try my hand at preparing props as well. i got a X437/3, and a X637 to try out, mixed with my grim 40-52/3 and 40-53. seems like my newb skills might be quicker to tune the boat with the smaller props, who knows. either way, this is fun, a whole new territory for me, i am a car(fullsize) geek normally, so the rc water world is a fun change.

thanks for the tips folks,

davey
Old 08-28-2007, 02:00 AM
Team A-Hull

Is the s vee nitro manual good enough for instructions on breaking in the engine or are there other tips or websites? Printed up almost the whole froum to read for more info though. Where do you get those water devices to hook up to your engine to run it at home? Has anyone used this engine before in a nitro vee and what hulls would it be good for?

Engine

sorry to overwhelm the formum with questions but just got the boat.

Thanks
Old 08-28-2007, 04:28 PM
SpeedyWho

This thing is such a *** I bought it Saturday and tossed it in the trash today radio and all. Who ever build mine had no clue

THIS BOAT IS JUNK DO NOT BUY ONE
Old 08-28-2007, 04:54 PM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LMAO...heeluva intro there speedyboy,did you have a clue as to what you was doin???....[:-]
Old 08-28-2007, 06:22 PM
d-lo

ORIGINAL: SpeedyWho

This thing is such a POS I bought it Saturday and tossed it in the trash today radio and all. Who ever build mine had no clue

THIS BOAT IS JUNK DO NOT BUY ONE
i will gladly pay shipping from your garbage can to my house, plus time for your services, just let me know!

davey
Old 08-29-2007, 05:44 PM
cwaterhunter

speedy is this your first nitro rc anything? from that attude maybe you should go electric,,,a nitro motor is very fussy,, one day it will run great,, and the next may bareley run,,believe it or not alot depends on the weather.. temp, humd, ect,, and if you got a new one they are very hard to break in,,i had thew same problem after about 6 or so tanks it loseend up and flys now.. so give it a chance,, mark...
Old 08-29-2007, 07:01 PM
Team A-Hull

I read the sv forum the last couple days so i could avoid asking the repeated questions. I answered alot of my own questions especially about the engine and have not come up about three choices for props.

If anyone could answer where i could get those water devices to hook up to your engine to run it at home? Can't seem to find them and do they work good?

Great advice, and this seems like and easy boat to hop-up!
Old 08-29-2007, 07:51 PM
d-lo

ORIGINAL: Team A-Hull

I read the sv forum the last couple days so i could avoid asking the repeated questions. I answered alot of my own questions especially about the engine and have not come up about three choices for props.

If anyone could answer where i could get those water devices to hook up to your engine to run it at home? Can't seem to find them and do they work good?

Great advice, and this seems like and easy boat to hop-up!
it really is as simple as taking a milk jug, or any container, poking a small hole in the side near the bottom, stuff a piece of fuel line tubing in the hole, like the hole from your water pickup through the hull to the head for cooling. place that line on the head, place another tube on the outlet of the head, into another jug. run your motor, and when the top jug gets empty, just pour the full one into the empty top one. i broke my motor in this way, works great.........

davey
Old 08-29-2007, 08:44 PM
motorhead91

break it in in the water, it will run a lot better, out of the water there is no resistance on the motor and prop, and doesnt break in as well as in the water
Old 08-29-2007, 09:00 PM
Team A-Hull

Great advice thanks!
Old 08-30-2007, 10:54 PM
d-lo

ORIGINAL: motorhead91

break it in in the water, it will run a lot better, out of the water there is no resistance on the motor and prop, and doesnt break in as well as in the water

agreed. i actually finished it up on the water, but i did put a load on it for short lengths of time repeatedly at varied rpm's, by placing pressure on the flywheel, it was out of the boat......

d
Old 08-30-2007, 10:56 PM
cyrus423

ron,

yeah i started pricing everything out that looked different and your right not worth it.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:23 PM
Team A-Hull

Is it just my local hobby stores of choice or do only a few hobby shops really know what they are talking about? It's like 2 out 0f n10! The forums seem to be where it's at to get to the heart of the problem or modification. It's almost impossibble to find any parts for boats in hobby stores and if they do there all stock parts. Everything i have bought has been online...

Does anyone notice this?

Also waiting for my new sv 27 and i was going to pick-up some fuel today but i was confused by the hobby stores suggestion. Was looking for a the proper fuel to break it in and he said they use airplane fuel? Don't remeber reading that in the forum and alot of people seem to be using odonnel or wildcat. What percentage nitro do you recomend and fuel to break this soon to be bad boy in?

Thanks
Old 08-30-2007, 11:38 PM
d-lo

i'm no expert, but 30% seems to be a safe all around nitro percentage. i believe boat fuel has at least 14 to 18% oil? i have heard heli fuel will work too, just try to get the oil rating, and go for it!!!!!!......

davey
Old 08-30-2007, 11:42 PM
Ron Olson

Break it in on what you plan on using all the time. these engines get used to a certain percentage and brand.
Yes, most employees at hobby shops don't know what they're talking about when it comes to boats. They'll try to unload whatever is on the shelf.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:23 AM
Team A-Hull

Exactly! And they don't even have alot of the products or boats everyone is buying! There is only one hobby store with great advice and there 2 1/2hours away; those guys rock! D and J hobbies and i go there whenever i'm in town.

Ron did you ever finish your research on your favorite prop for this boat? Last i read you had it down to three...

Thanks for the advice on the fuel!
Old 08-31-2007, 12:39 AM
Ron Olson

Still working on it. I haven't had much time ot run it. The last time that it was out, my son was experimenting with props on it. I was busy trying to dial in 2 other boats.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:06 AM
cwaterhunter

hey guys,, whats a good motor temp after a run?,,,or what should it be?
Old 08-31-2007, 10:08 AM
ryan_t888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ABC engines like heat. I like to see at least 170F during a run using eagle tree micro data logger. Remember, aluminum heats up and cools quickly.

Ryan
Old 09-01-2007, 12:13 PM
Team A-Hull

I don't click on the nitro vee section by accident but i get excited when i see something yellow flashing next to the word nitro vee. I'm thinking i have a response to my question or a new topic is about. That forum should have TRAXX written in big big words in there title!

Overall this s vee 27 nitro is a nice boat and i like the fact that i don't have to change the motors to make it fast. Just spent alot on that traxx villian to get to go fast; to much for that hull. But it's Fast! And it was fun building it.

Where do you get those eagle trees?
Old 09-01-2007, 01:50 PM
cwaterhunter

well gonna try to got to the pond today.. try to get some pics and vids,, still a lil sore after the operationg but getting cabin fever and its awsome outside

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.