Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Aquacraft Super-Vee 27 Nitro.

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Aquacraft Super-Vee 27 Nitro.

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 06:10 PM
Team A-Hull

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aquacraft Super-Vee 27 Nitro.

I cleaned the engine with alcohol and I was told that the alcohol stips the engine down really good and needs to be lubercated afterwards. So I cleaned the engine with alcohol and flushed it out with wd 40. Engine was pretty clean but now it is spotless! Got the flywheel off and removing the bearing looks a little more difficult than thought. Looks like you have to pull the crank shaft. I'll post pics tonight.

Thanks
Old 09-23-2007, 09:50 PM
Team A-Hull

Sorry the motor is for a shockwave; but i'll be pulling apart my sv 27 nitro soon so this will help to understand the ends and outs of nitro engines. Just asked a small question and got alot of responses.

Want to take it apart to get to the bearing but i do not know the next step. Cleaned and it is still moving ruff. Also, with cylinder head off as i turned the engine the piston sleave moved with the piston. Is that normal or a sign of a problem? Is there any books on tearing apart one of these engines?

Here are the pics...

I did not post the pictures sideways, there is something wrong with your monitor!. lol!

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu62032.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	768775   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81524.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	768776  
Old 09-23-2007, 10:55 PM
cwaterhunter

it looks like the crank is hitting the case,,looks rough on the right top of the pic.. crank might be bent or broken
Old 09-23-2007, 11:08 PM
Team A-Hull

Thanks cwaterhunter I think the crank for this is 50 bucks! So it's probally worth getting a new engine. Carberator is a little funky to. How much spacing should there be between the crank and motor casing? Bought boat for a 100 bucks. Add said plenty of compression in engine and that was it. Should I complain?
Old 09-23-2007, 11:13 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Hey, you're right! It does look like the counterweight is hitting the case or did. There appears to be an uneven gap around it so your crank might be shot.
If you already haven't done it, pull the head off to see if anything was bouncing around on the piston or head button.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:32 PM
Team A-Hull

Nothing loose or going on in there, just when i turn the engine the piston sleave moves with the piston. Is that normal or a sign of a problem?

Should I complain to the seller? All that was mentioned on ebay was good compression!

Nice the pro's and vetrans of rc come to save the day!

Thanks you saved me alot of time and money with those post!
Old 09-23-2007, 11:39 PM
Ron Olson

Yes, that's typical as the sleeve is taper bored. The top of the sleeve expands once the engine builds up heat.
The "compression" was probably the crank rubbing and yes, you got it stuck to you but for a C-note for the whole shooting match you can't complain much for the price.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:01 AM
Team A-Hull

Thanks Ron and Cwaterhunter!

I think I found a way to fix this engine!!!!

Take off the cylinder head, remove the piston place the engine on my desk and use it for a pencil holder! Cool!
Old 09-24-2007, 12:39 PM
cwaterhunter

send the guy some pics and tell him you never got it started.. ask what he can do for you, be nice about it,, i got a nitro vee hull from a guy he said it was in good shape,,, i took the inner liner out ,, the hull was all nitro rotted,, sent him pic and asked would he do anything,, he send me back half
Old 09-27-2007, 10:03 AM
Team A-Hull

Update on motor

Thanks D-LO Ron and Cwaterhumter for helping me out on this one. I emailed the hobby store like you mentioned cwaterhunter for the hell of it and there sending me a another motor! Well that was cool! I'm glad I got a boat for cheap, so I don't mind tearing it apart to see how it works and also get it running again.

Ron I saw what you were mentioning on the exhaust pipe and how it needed to be ground down. That is a easy mod and defenetly restricting air flow.

Thanks guys!!!
Old 10-07-2007, 07:14 PM
danman aus

ORIGINAL: mistressracing

does anyone know of where to buy this boat is australia , the us frequecy is illegal in australia , want one but don't know where to get one !!!!or even better where to buy one without radio gear ?
as im newish to the sport, why is the us frequency illegal in australia,as im lookin at importing one an aquacraft sv 27 nitro. can the crystals be removed prior to shipping to get through customs if its such big deal?
cheer,dan
Old 10-07-2007, 07:25 PM
gooycheese

The RTR boats normally come with a AM radio, I thought AM was ok overseas? Otherwise I would imagine you could order any boat with just about any frequency, if you cant get the frequency you desire you may be forced to upgrade your radio.................. which would be a good idea in the future anyway.

Paul
Old 10-07-2007, 09:20 PM
conrodss

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the u.s use 72 mhz , where in aus we use 29 mhz for surface rc ,
Old 10-07-2007, 09:33 PM
ryan_t888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

72 is illegal for Surface. Either 27 or 75 for north america.

Ryan
Old 10-08-2007, 02:03 AM
danman aus

but does anyone actually know why this frequency range is illegal,will the lear jet landing at my local runway fall out of the sky,will i get struck by lightning easier in the southern hemisphere or will i pick up the local police chase over their radio? there must be a valid reason,which is what im looking for. if no-one has any valid reasons other than "he told me it was illegal" then il be the very proud owner of a sv27 with whatever crystals come in it,so long as it runs to my expectation i dont care what frequency it runs on. unless it takes xray's of my fellow boaters then i may consider changing crystals
cheers,dan

*edit-just read mistressracings post properly*

caution,dont type and drink at the same time,minds get blurry

Old 10-08-2007, 04:18 AM
conrodss

hey mate , the biggest problem with the frequency is someone using the frequency for opening there garage door or what ever the frequency is allocated to will drive your new boat into something at 30 mph and complete destroy it , the boats are now available in oz with the correct freq , *********.com.au in sydney has some or you can contact dawn tradeing and find out who in ACT has them
Old 10-08-2007, 04:28 AM
danman aus

thanks for your help mistressracing but i was kinda hoping with the aussie dollar so good against the us dollar to save alot more than the sharks are charging here-anywhere up to $550. convert the dollar,add some shipping and id have a great boat for $400ish. i like to support the little man but im a smaller man tryin to feed a hobby and kids at the same time!
maybe i have to loose out the the big boys to enjoy a lap of the pond....
cheers,dan
Old 10-08-2007, 09:17 AM
Ron Olson

The Federal Communications Commission here in the States regulates what frequencies that we can run on. One problem that we do run into though is that the 27 Mhz band is also shared with the Citizens Band radio operators. We are not quite on their same frequencies but those that run illegal CB radios can bleed over easily onto our channels or those that like to talk on the "funny" channels because they aren't so busy.
With cell phones being the thing to have now, CB's aren't as popular as they used to be but I still worry as one pond that I run at there is a person who drives by who is putting out a lot of wattage out of his radio that could be disasterous to me.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:59 PM
danman aus

seeing as im waiting for my sv27 nitro to arrive at my LHS,can someone please post some decent pics of the engine and drive coupling adapter whilst it is in the boat? the reason i ask is because i was wondering whether it would be worth machining or adapting a clutch to fit into the system or if it would be a waste of time. any pics greatly appreciated
cheers,dan
Old 10-14-2007, 10:31 PM
RobbieK

is it just mine or have other people had problems with their transmitter the the super vee comes with. i went to run mine today for only the second time since i got it last week and i go to check and make sure everything is working and the steering wasnt working at all. the trim was but nothing when i turned the wheel. I ended up using my brothers transmitter from his rc truck but im wondering if I should just go and buy a new one.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:15 PM
Ron Olson

RobbieK, take a look to see if the servo arm is hitting against the radio box. I had to shorten the servo arm a little so that it could move freely. I cut it off at the outer hole.

Danman, don't bother with a clutch, just be careful when the engine is running. Clutches are more problems than they're worth in boats plus it would take some major work to put one in there.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:26 PM
conrodss

seeing as im waiting for my sv27 nitro to arrive at my LHS
which lhs did you get it from and how much? , I 'm looking aswell , best price i've found is $529 aud ,
Old 10-15-2007, 02:01 AM
danman aus

thanks for your informed answer ron,i just thought for some reason that maybe it would be nice to have a clutch for tuning purposes but the main thought i had behind the fitting of a clutch to such a small motor is,does the boat move forward at idle or is the rpm of the engine and the thrust of the prop small enough that the boat will stay stationary? before anyone has a go at me i realise that you need forward propulsion of the boat to flow cooling water through the head and header cooling pipe to cool the motor. maybe i should just wait till i drop my boat in the water and find out for myself-no need over engineering things that dont need it.
cheers,dan
Old 10-15-2007, 04:30 AM
cwaterhunter

well......................... iam getting another one..... from tower.. scratch and dent for $140.00...thought it was a good deal..said minor damage schratches,,, hell mine old one was a mess,,lol might see i here by the week end remember i didnot want orange well iam not at home depot any more... got ssi diss last week,,,,,, try ron lol i filed in mid july got the call thurs. i was like.... dayum,,,, so any ways ill get back into posting..need to get another GPS .. maybe in the spring.... see all you guys later...... mark
Old 10-17-2007, 10:38 PM
danman aus

just took delivery today of my nitro vee 27, and ive read this thread pretty thoroughly and im havin a ***** of a time trying to start it the first time. ive added a seal that comes under the PET bottles that softdrinks come in because i found the lid to be leaking when i blew through the hose off the exhaust pipe. watched the dvd twice and followed their needle settings for a new engine. anyone got any ideas?
cheers,dan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.