Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 11:36 PM
ingleburn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

ORIGINAL: Ddaddy

ORIGINAL: rikybob

I can't even look at you.

For shame!!

b
And I get this coming from a Thai luvin posh git beastx luving easterner! Talk about for shame!

BTW, Phoniex Blathering this Friday at 9CST. Hint for passwrod is above!

Cheers ya'll,
Ken

By my reckoning that is midnight Sydney time. The lengths you go to to win a baloon bursting competition.
If Im still awake and functioning I might be there.

Old 09-12-2012, 11:41 PM
Rob2160

I oil mine about every 10 flights. Coughed up the dough for Boca ceramics on the 450 (450 tail bearings are aweful, both tail and grips (rest mediocre IMO)). I'm hoping they last more than 30ish flights.

Been oiling all 500 bearings too...motor started squealing a few days ago...sigh, more bearings. Gonna go with abec 3 though instead of cermaic.
Either I am super lucky,or super ignorant.. I have some HK 450 helis with over 1000 flights all on the original bearings and no issues.. got two HK 450 Pro's with over 500 flights each.. same deal. all original bearings and still going strong.. (I swear by Labelle 107) This heli has over 1000 flights, all original bearings as they came from HK.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9GSibNfBmU

Old 09-12-2012, 11:45 PM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: Rob2160

I oil mine about every 10 flights. Coughed up the dough for Boca ceramics on the 450 (450 tail bearings are aweful, both tail and grips (rest mediocre IMO)). I'm hoping they last more than 30ish flights.

Been oiling all 500 bearings too...motor started squealing a few days ago...sigh, more bearings. Gonna go with abec 3 though instead of cermaic.
Either I am super lucky,or super ignorant.. I have some HK 450 helis with over 1000 flights all on the original bearings and no issues.. got two HK 450 Pro's with over 500 flights each.. same deal. all original bearings and still going strong.. (I swear by Labelle 107)

No just super good. You could fly a 450 with no blades. You probarbly havent got any bearings left in your helis.
Oh BTW welcome back stranger.

Old 09-12-2012, 11:54 PM
Rob2160

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

Either I am super lucky,or super ignorant.. I have some HK 450 helis with over 1000 flights all on the original bearings and no issues.. got two HK 450 Pro's with over 500 flights each.. same deal. all original bearings and still going strong.. (I swear by Labelle 107)

No just super good. You could fly a 450 with no blades. You probarbly havent got any bearings left in your helis.
Oh BTW welcome back stranger.
LOL, thanks, I have been lurking more recently but off to Perth tomorrow for a few weeks so should have more time to post...

Old 09-12-2012, 11:55 PM
Edmund2

Hi guys, Mrs E doing well  at home though on pain killers and I spend Monday and Tuesday with her. Due to real sh.tty winds here I managed some indoor flying with the mCPX and a BOL to pass time. I can really get hooked on the fact that I am not at work. Just need that tiny lotto to help financially as the income fror the farm is a bit short atm but slightly ahead on our expectations.  

Rob, good to see you logged in, I missed your input., now Spiros must make his appearance again. 

Edmund
Old 09-13-2012, 12:01 AM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: Edmund2

Hi guys, Mrs E doing well at home though on pain killers and I spend Monday and Tuesdaywith her. Due to real sh.tty winds here I managed some indoor flying with the mCPX and aBOL to pass time. I can really get hooked on the fact that I am not at work. Just need that tiny lotto to help financially as the income fror the farm is a bit short atm butslightly ahead on our expectations.

Rob, good to seeyou logged in, I missedyour input., now Spiros must make his appearance again.

Edmund
Glad the wife is doing well.
Its been windy here but settling down now. Wouldnt we all like to win lotto.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:25 AM
ahamay

Either I am super lucky,or super ignorant.. I have some HK 450 helis with over 1000 flights all on the original bearings and no issues.. got two HK 450 Pro's with over 500 flights each.. same deal. all original bearings and still going strong.. (I swear by Labelle 107) This heli has over 1000 flights, all original bearings as they came from HK.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9GSibNfBmU
I never had much luck with the tail grip bearings on my 450gt's. They were the first bearings to get notchy. I think you can just get lucky with the quality of the components sometimes.

Old 09-13-2012, 04:26 AM
rikybob

@ Ken - Sorry I missed the "smite". I love "smites". Lookin' forward to seeing how that FPV project works!!! Let's see how my Friday rolls for Phoenix!

@ Edmund - Glad the wifey is convalescing but BEWARE the pain meds!

@ All - I took the lil MCP X out today for the 1st time in some weeks and was amazed that I could still fly.

I slung that joker around and right at the end noted that although I had plenty of power I wasn't "rising to the occasion" in the form of altitude!

Swash separated. Grrrrr! New swash so's I glued it to the swash plate with a lil CA glue. Lets see how my glue worked and hope I didn't fudge it onto the bearings!

I hope all is well in your worlds!

b
Old 09-13-2012, 07:19 AM
Ddaddy

By my reckoning that is midnight Sydney time. The lengths you go to to win a baloon bursting competition.
If Im still awake and functioning I might be there.

Midnight uh?...in that case better move it 2 hours...you'll be asleep at 2am for sure, right?

jk, 9PM CST Friday which would be by my reckoning noon Saturday in Sydney.

I do hope more come as the ballon bursting is really hard but loads of fun (been practicing for a month!

@Edmund, glad the wife is home, take good care of her and maybe she won't make you go back to work! I don't know if 'll be able to go back to work either, it's nice (until the $ runs out!)

BTW all, I HAVE THE WINNING LOTTO NUMBERS....too bad they are from last week

@Rob, wanna sell those bearings?

@rb, well, I'll forgive you at the Phoenix blathering fly (yes that is an obligation!)

Hopefully my replacement skid will be in today and I'll mount the fpv and give it a fly. Tested, all works but I think it's gonna be harder than I thought (and why am I surprized? doh!)

edit: pst, shhh...someone want to help me hack Phoenix so it will cause pitch ups in fff so we can make Simon feel at home? I feel more tea tax coming on....

Cheers All
Ken

Old 09-13-2012, 01:28 PM
ahamay

Got the TGY-306G installed into the tail on my new Tarot 450 PRO V2 FBL build this morning. Servo looks solid. It's nice and fast and SUPER loud. Would have been nice if it came with a round wheel servo horn as well but a bit of trimming on the standard horn sorted that.

I've got some wiring to tidy up and some final pitch settings to check and it's ready for a maiden hopefully on Sunday. If anyone is interested in the specs for this build it's got the following config:

Tarot 450 PRO V2 FBL barebones kit from oomodel
ZYX v1 (not running 3.5 firmware)
Hitec HS-5065MG on cyclic
TGY-306G on the tail
Spektrum AR6115e rx
Turnigy H2218 Motor with 13T pinion (This is the red motor with the silver can, 3550kv)
Turnigy Plush 40amp ESC
CF Blades Standard in the kit
Nano-Tech 2200mah 3S 35-70c

Really looking forward to flying this one. If it's a screamer i'll drop a 13t pinion into my other 450 PRO as well.

My mcpx has been out of action for months and Ihave some parts arriving today to freshen it up. I think when they get to a point when they need major repairs and lots of parts replaced it's better just to buy a new one.

Hope everyone gets some flying in this weekend. I'll be out of the Phoenix Fly In, unfortunately during the day on a weekend I'm too busy.

Jonesy
Old 09-13-2012, 01:34 PM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: ahamay

Got the TGY-306G installed into the tail on my new Tarot 450 PRO V2 FBL build this morning. Servo looks solid. It's nice and fast and SUPER loud.[img][/img] Would have been nice if it came with a round wheel servo horn as well but a bit of trimming on the standard horn sorted that.

I've got some wiring to tidy up and some final pitch settings to check and it's ready for a maiden hopefully on Sunday. If anyone is interested in the specs for this build it's got the following config:

TGY-306G on the tail
Spektrum AR6115e rx
Turnigy H2218 Motor with 13T pinion (This is the red motor with the silver can, 3550kv)
Turnigy Plush 40amp ESC

Really looking forward to flying this one. If it's a screamer i'll drop a 13t pinion into my other 450 PRO as well.

Looks like a "getter"!

My mcpx has been out of action for months and I have some parts arriving today to freshen it up. I think when they get to a point when they need major repairs and lots of parts replaced it's better just to buy a new one.

I disagree!!

Hope everyone gets some flying in this weekend.

Jonesy

All the best!

b
Old 09-13-2012, 01:39 PM
ahamay

My mcpx has been out of action for months and Ihave some parts arriving today to freshen it up. I think when they get to a point when they need major repairs and lots of parts replaced it's better just to buy a new one.

I disagree!!
All the best!
b
Yeah, I'm in two minds with this. If you keep on top of the repairs and replace things as they break then it's ok, but if you let it go and you need a heap of stuff then it adds up. I've just replaced basically everything except the board and servos. About $80 worth. I think next time it will be a brushless conversion.

Jonesy

Old 09-13-2012, 01:42 PM
rikybob

My mcpx has been out of action for months and I have some parts arriving today to freshen it up. I think when they get to a point when they need major repairs and lots of parts replaced it's better just to buy a new one.

I disagree!!
All the best!
b
Yeah, I'm in two minds with this. If you keep on top of the repairs and replace things as they break then it's ok, but if you let it go and you need a heap of stuff then it adds up. I've just replaced basically everything except the board and servos. About $80 worth. I think next time it will be a brushless conversion.

Jonesy

80Bux!!! Did that come with a...oh you know what I mean!?!

Ooooooooooooh a BL conversion. I wonder if Wow Hobbies has come off their kits since the 130x has come on scene!

I will have a poke around and see!

I need a plug and play version as I don't want to do ANY soldering to that board!

b

Old 09-13-2012, 01:52 PM
ingleburn

Got the TGY-306G installed into the tail on my new Tarot 450 PRO V2 FBL build this morning. Servo looks solid. It's nice and fast and SUPER loud. Would have been nice if it came with a round wheel servo horn as well but a bit of trimming on the standard horn sorted that.

TGY-306G on the tail
Spektrum AR6115e rx
Turnigy Plush 40amp ESC

Hope everyone gets some flying in this weekend. I'll be out of the Phoenix Fly In, unfortunately during the day on a weekend I'm too busy.

Jonesy
THat really does sound like a screamer Jonesy. Be interested in seeing how that tail servo goes. Im sure you will give it a thorough work out.

Old 09-13-2012, 01:58 PM
ingleburn

I disagree!!
All the best!
b

Jonesy

Or a 130X .

Old 09-13-2012, 03:07 PM
ahamay

I disagree!!
All the best!
b

Jonesy
Or a 130X .
I think a brushless mcpx setup is far more practicle than a 130x given the $300 price tag for a 130x...way overpriced I think. They should be about $229. They screw you with the parts either way as well. You can get a blade FB 450 3D for $325. A 130x is too big and fast to fly in my front yard so If im going to the field Imight as well fly the 450.

I think the mcpx is still the best learning tool given it's crashability.

Jonesy

Old 09-13-2012, 03:24 PM
ingleburn

Yeah I hear you Jonesy. Who needs another heli anyway.

Just been on the #16 forum and a new firmware and GUI just released.

Great changes and everything is now truely plug and play.

A lot of adjustments can be made to contrast, saturation, white balance and other things.

GUI lets you format the card, check and install firmware and get program updates from the web.

Manually install latest firmware first then run the GUI

Firmware here. www.rcgroups.com/forums/showatt.php

GUI here.www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php

Old 09-13-2012, 03:27 PM
ahamay

A lot of adjustments can be made to contrast, saturation, white balance and other things.

GUI lets you format the card, check and install firmware and get program updates from the web.

Firmware here. www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php

Nice, I'll check it out. Iunsubscribed from that thread as there was too much jibber jabber about who's lens is the biggest etc. Sounds like some improvements available... They really are the best value for money little device.

Jonesy

Old 09-13-2012, 03:35 PM
ingleburn

Firmware here. www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php

Nice, I'll check it out. Iunsubscribed from that thread as there was too much jibber jabber about who's lens is the biggest etc. Sounds like some improvements available... They really are the best value for money little device.

Jonesy

The official GUI had a small bug in it so I linked the Beta which I tested and works correctly.
Also edited the link to the firmware.

Yeah they do carry on a lot over there but only stay subscribed to learn about new firmware and updates.

Old 09-13-2012, 03:38 PM
rikybob

@ Ingleburn - Yah the 130x is overrated me thinx! 1/2 way there to a phreakin' 550!!

Plus, I was right. The [link=http://www.wowhobbies.com/thesteveblsinglechannelconverter-3-1-1.aspx]conversion[/link] has been greatly reduced on the MCPX! Daddy likey!

As for who has the "bigger lens", I'll settle that one right now! ME!

b

Edit: [link=http://www.wowhobbies.com/mcpxbrushlessconversionkitp.aspx]This[/link] is soooooo wrong!
Old 09-13-2012, 07:59 PM
ahamay

The official GUI had a small bug in it so I linked the Beta which I tested and works correctly.
Also edited the link to the firmware.

Yeah they do carry on a lot over there but only stay subscribed to learn about new firmware and updates.

Updated my #16. Some nice new features. I never liked the saturation on the V2, but now there is an option to boost the saturation which looks much better after a small test.

Jonesy

Old 09-14-2012, 12:25 AM
Kozzy_98

Hey everyone!

My flying streak with the #2 came to an end today! Was a typical beginner crash and had a blade strike, while landing a tad on the tail.
Result = Stripped main gear, bent tail boom, bent flybar, busted main blades and thats about it. Main shaft hasn't bent, which is lucky. And as for the feathering shaft, I have absolutely no idea, but I don't think theres any damage to that either. Luckily, no damage to the fragile HXT900 cyclic servos as they are a pain to remove and install.

My #1 helicopter is starting to frustrate me! Even with the gains down to the low 50s on a Spektrum radio, there is still a wag. I recall that someone said something about the tail servo and how far up the servo arm the ball link is attached to. Tail servo is a HK933MG servo, gyro is a HK401b.

The beast helicopter is a frustrating build too. Upon realising that the belt was in the wrong direction, I flipped the belt and it was slipping everywhere. Changing the belt tension didn't help either. Upon realising the belt was dead, I decided to replace the belt. So I found a belt in the box that Phil gave to me. Silly me didn't check its length, and when I mounted the tail back on the tail boom, I realised that the belt was way to long, presumably for a 500 size heli. Oh well, my mistake!

In my previous big order from HK, I placed an order for a Phoenix flight sim dongle. Suprise suprise, it WORKS! At least with phoenix v3.0p.

Don't worry, I'm not going to give up! The satisfaction from flying one helicopter through 6 lipos in a row without crashing beats anything else!!!

Old 09-14-2012, 01:38 AM
ahamay

ORIGINAL: Kozzy_98

Hey everyone!

My flying streak with the #2 came to an end today! Was a typical beginner crash and had a blade strike, while landing a tad on the tail.
Result = Stripped main gear, bent tail boom, bent flybar, busted main blades and thats about it. Main shaft hasn't bent, which is lucky. And as for the feathering shaft, I have absolutely no idea, but I don't think theres any damage to that either. Luckily, no damage to the fragile HXT900 cyclic servos as they are a pain to remove and install.

My #1 helicopter is starting to frustrate me! Even with the gains down to the low 50s on a Spektrum radio, there is still a wag. I recall that someone said something about the tail servo and how far up the servo arm the ball link is attached to. Tail servo is a HK933MG servo, gyro is a HK401b.

The beast helicopter is a frustrating build too. Upon realising that the belt was in the wrong direction, I flipped the belt and it was slipping everywhere. Changing the belt tension didn't help either. Upon realising the belt was dead, I decided to replace the belt. So I found a belt in the box that Phil gave to me. Silly me didn't check its length, and when I mounted the tail back on the tail boom, I realised that the belt was way to long, presumably for a 500 size heli. Oh well, my mistake!

In my previous big order from HK, I placed an order for a Phoenix flight sim dongle. Suprise suprise, it WORKS! At least with phoenix v3.0p.

Don't worry, I'm not going to give up! The satisfaction from flying one helicopter through 6 lipos in a row without crashing beats anything else!!!
Crashing is part of the learning curve unfortunately but it's good your not giving up....it's worth it.

Re the #1 and wag. It sounds to me like you have one of the newer 401b's that they changed the chip on and they are way too sensitive. If that is the case you'll never get it to work. I would suggest you swap the 401b off the crashed heli and wack it on #1 and see what happens. At least you'll know if it's the gyro or the heli causing the problem.

With regards to the ball on the servo arm, the further out youput it the more throw you will have on your tail slider. If you have the ball too close you might not get the full travel on your slider in each direction. From memory you want the ball about 7-10mm from the horn screw.

Jonesy

Old 09-14-2012, 01:59 AM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: Kozzy_98

Hey everyone!

Sorry about the crash but everyones been there, done that. All part of the learning curve.
I wouldnt be surprised if the main shaft and feathering shaft have some damage so I would pull them and make sure. Better to replace if any doubt.

As for #1 get rid of the gyro and like Jonesy said, pull the crashed one off and try it. Give up on them and try a LH GY520.

The belt shouldnt slip in the beast so make sure that the gears on either end arent the problem, they might be slipping on the shaft.

Its always a good day when you fly all your batteries without a crash. Think Im due for one real soon.

Old 09-14-2012, 02:04 AM
sgbfly

Hi Guy's!

Bad luck on the crash kozzy. I love Ingleburns closing comment!

Speaking of crashes. I repaired mine yesterday. I've gone for a simple colour scheme to see if that helps with the FFF ele bug in Tarot FW v3.5. Actually I've tried better radial bearings (Align HS1032T) in the grips and tighter genuine RJX dampers but I'm not holding my breath!

A couple of pics...

Simon
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd90830.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	1800876   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nj25356.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	1800877  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.