Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 11:59 AM
Kozzy_98

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Hey guys,

Got some flying in last afternoon and I have a couple of videos!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVvDmRaLDyk[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgEUusOU73I[/youtube]

@Jonesy, will try your suggestion re: cleaning the MCPX servos if they are jittering.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:24 PM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: Kozzy_98

Hey guys,

Got some flying in last afternoon and I have a couple of videos

@Jonesy, will try your suggestion re: cleaning the MCPX servos if they are jittering.

Great viddys and great flyin'!

The MCPX was really, really good for me!

I've got to where I haven't flown it or the MQX and I need to revisit them as they are/were fun as h e l l!

Thanx for the shout out!

b
Old 03-07-2013, 03:55 PM
hugj
My Feedback: (7)

Hey there guys, you have to love the mcpx as a training tool for the bigger birds.
 Had a nice day in Ga. for a change flew the trex550 aka hk 550 this afternoon in the yard.
the weather looks great this weekend so I hope to get some flying in.
  Going on holiday!!! Vacation next week, leaving the south and going to the cold and snow of wisconsin.
I will hit a few hobby shops and make a pilgrimage to the linnie lodge, where they make a great beer
since the 1800's
I hope everyone has a great spring or fall
   Hugh
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om3buPpoycw[/youtube]
Old 03-07-2013, 06:02 PM
hugj
My Feedback: (7)

Dam Kozzy I'm sorry I do not have the gift of remembering names like my father!
 I do think you may take a few cm off the grass though!  Love the flying keep it up!
Brian it's been 5 years for me I guess when your the leed tech they can't seem to do without you.
This time they will!!
Old 03-07-2013, 06:06 PM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: hugj

Dam Kozzy I'm sorry I do not have the gift of remembering names like my father!
I do think you may take a few cm off the grass though! Love the flying keep it up!
Brian it's been 5 years for me I guess when your the leed tech they can't seem to do without you.
This time they will!!
Hi Hugh!

Remarks are on your YT channel!

RE: Time off. Yah, I get it but I'm here to tell you...The candle that burns twice as bright, only burns half as long!

Enjoy your time away and don't think about work!

b
Old 03-07-2013, 09:00 PM
ingleburn

Had a great time at the football last night. Probarbly because my team won.

To much to do at home today so no flying but maybe tomorrow.

Did however try the Nano with the Hyperion battery in it and flew great. Seems like it doesnt like the extra punch of the Nanotech batteries but have a broken top pin on the frame so maybe the extra headspeed is causing vibes.
Ill duck out tomorrow and buy a new one and see if it goes any better.

Enjoyed all the videos from you guys and comments left on YT.

Enjoy your holiday Hugh, and have a few beers for me.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:07 PM
ahamay

Went to my LHS today (reluctantly) to see if they are stocking any blade parts....err...no still bugger all. Got a pair of glow in the dark skids that will fit my nano. They have Blade MQX's there for half price..... guess they were popular...NOT.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:37 PM
ingleburn

Hi again. A bit of advice needed from someone with electronics experience.
I needed a portable USB charger to charge my phone, portable wifi and #16 cam as sometimes at work there isnt a powerpoint available.
Had a small ubec and old lipo so I rustled up this.

To scared to try it out incase it blows up whatever is plugged into it. Most of my chargers only put out 300-500 MA and this is a 3-5 amp ubec so do electronic devices have some sort of overload protection.
I wouldnt be happy if I plugged my phone into it and it went up in a puff of smoke.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:42 PM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: ahamay

Went to my LHS today (reluctantly) to see if they are stocking any blade parts....err...no still bugger all. Got a pair of glow in the dark skids that will fit my nano. They have Blade MQX's there for half price..... guess they were popular...NOT.

Surprised you didnt come back with a MCPX BL

Old 03-07-2013, 10:52 PM
ahamay

You just wanted to try out your soldering station

IF the BEC has 5v output which is should it will probably have 2amp output. Most smartphones, ipads etc will pull 1.7-2amp so it should be sweet. I would try it on something sacrificial first though just in case

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

I needed a portable USB charger to charge my phone, portable wifi and #16 cam as sometimes at work there isnt a powerpoint available.

To scared to try it out incase it blows up whatever is plugged into it. Most of my chargers only put out 300-500 MA and this is a 3-5 amp ubec so do electronic devices have some sort of overload protection.
I wouldnt be happy if I plugged my phone into it and it went up in a puff of smoke.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:21 AM
Kozzy_98

If I am correct, the BEC will not force 3-5A, but rather allow 3-5A to be drawn from it if that makes sense.

However, double check the voltages with a volt meter and quadruple check the polarity on the USB plug, and make sure that you are using the right pins.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:57 AM
rikybob

IF the BEC has 5v output which is should it will probably have 2amp output. Most smartphones, ipads etc will pull 1.7-2amp so it should be sweet. I would try it on something sacrificial first though just in case [img][/img]

[img][/img]
[img][/img]

To scared to try it out incase it blows up whatever is plugged into it.[img][/img] Most of my chargers only put out 300-500 MA and this is a 3-5 amp ubec so do electronic devices have some sort of overload protection.

If I am correct, the BEC will not force 3-5A, but rather allow 3-5A to be drawn from it if that makes sense.

However, double check the voltages with a volt meter and quadruple check the polarity on the USB plug, and make sure that you are using the right pins.
+1!
Old 03-08-2013, 02:01 PM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: rikybob

IF the BEC has 5v output which is should it will probably have 2amp output. Most smartphones, ipads etc will pull 1.7-2amp so it should be sweet. I would try it on something sacrificial first though just in case[img][/img]

[img][/img]
[img][/img]

To scared to try it out incase it blows up whatever is plugged into it.[img][/img] Most of my chargers only put out 300-500 MA and this is a 3-5 amp ubec so do electronic devices have some sort of overload protection.

+1!
Thanks guys, yeah it should be ok but I think I will try it out with something cheap first.
I see you noticed the soldering station Jonesy. A great buy and works well. Pity HK doesnt sell extra tips for it as the one supplied is pretty small.
Found some on Ebay and had to laugh as the station cost $15 and the 4 tips were $10.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:49 PM
ingleburn

Well Tarot have officially released revision 4 of the ZYX firmware.www.0577mx.com/news_view.asp
I see Simon has his flashed already so I might wait and see how he goes before I do mine.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:33 PM
rikybob

Well Tarot have officially released revision 4 of the ZYX firmware.[img][/img] www.0577mx.com/news_view.asp
I see Simon has his flashed already so I might wait and see how he goes before I do mine.

THAT is prolly a good idea!

b
Old 03-08-2013, 09:16 PM
ingleburn

IF the BEC has 5v output which is should it will probably have 2amp output. Most smartphones, ipads etc will pull 1.7-2amp so it should be sweet. I would try it on something sacrificial first though just in case[img][/img]

[img][/img]
[img][/img]

+1!
Thanks guys, yeah it should be ok but I think I will try it out with something cheap first.
I see you noticed the soldering station Jonesy. A great buy and works well. Pity HK doesnt sell extra tips for it as the one supplied is pretty small.
Found some on Ebay and had to laugh as the station cost $15 and the 4 tips were $10.
Well my keychain cam survived so just plugged the phone in. No smoke yet so looks like it works. Will check voltage after its finished and see how many charges I can get from it.

Old 03-10-2013, 05:23 PM
rikybob

And now for something, completly different!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpBnurznFio&feature=share[/youtube]
Old 03-10-2013, 09:06 PM
ingleburn

And now for something, completly different!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpBnu...&feature=share
Amazing stuff. Thats one of the guys that do the flitetest videos.

Old 03-10-2013, 11:43 PM
ingleburn

Finally got the 450 out this morning. Had a great time and took a couple of Vids.
Just watched Simons one with firmware 4.0 installed and it looked good so might flash mine tonight.
Got a new frame and main shaft for the Nano so looks like a busy night tonight.
My LHS has really stocked up on Blade parts and models so no more online ordering for me.
They had 4 BL MCPX in stock and offered me one for $220 but I still resisted.although I dont know for how much longer.
Probarbly for as long as it takes HK to restock the batteries for them.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5-Gg2kMj3I[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTaye5rfygU[/youtube]
Old 03-11-2013, 02:55 AM
rikybob

Finally got the 450 out this morning. Had a great time and took a couple of Vids.
Just watched Simons one with firmware 4.0 installed and it looked good so might flash mine tonight.
Got a new frame and main shaft for the Nano so looks like a busy night tonight.
My LHS has really stocked up on Blade parts and models so no more online ordering for me.[img][/img]
They had 4 BL MCPX in stock and offered me one for $220 but I still resisted.[img][/img] although I dont know for how much longer.
Probarbly for as long as it takes HK to restock the batteries for them.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5-Gg2kMj3I[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTaye5rfygU[/youtube]

Great Blather and GREAT flyin!

You are coming right along with your flips!

Buy the BL, BUY the BL! How long you gonna live anyway??

As for the Swamp Buggy, I have the LARGEST prop on there it can accommodate!

Putting an actual water rudder on there is a no go since I wouldn't be able to run shallows and in the grass!

All the best!

b
Old 03-11-2013, 04:49 AM
Edmund2

Been to a RC Air Show at our Air Force Museum on Sunday. Saw some magnificant plankers, jets and amazing heli flying. Best was a handmade 1/3 scale Vampire in SAAF livery propelled by a 17kg jet turbine. Not to be outdone on a semi overcast day, the other eye pleasers were dressed as it it was  hot sunny day. The difference between what caused neck cranking and neck turning was noticeable. As they say the difference between men and boys is the price of their toys.  A jet had a bird strike and two pylon racing guys had a midair. Those things moving at 350 km per hour was thrilling to watch as well.

Wind was fairly stiff so the gliders had to work hard to stay airbone but it was great to see an 11 year old boy handlaunching his glider more than 50 meters or a guy who stays airbone for exactly 12 minutes to the second and land perfectly on a plate, no time or centimetre deductions at  all. 

Was a real wow day and may just urge me to get more lfying time in.

Edmund 
Old 03-11-2013, 09:27 AM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: Edmund2

Been to a RC Air Show at our Air Force Museum on Sunday. Saw some magnificant plankers, jets and amazing heli flying. Best was a handmade 1/3 scale Vampire in SAAF livery propelled by a 17kg jet turbine. Not to be outdone on a semi overcast day, the other eye pleasers were dressed as it it was hot sunny day. The difference between what caused neck cranking and neck turning was noticeable. As they say the difference between men and boys is the price of their toys. A jet had a bird strike and two pylon racing guys had a midair. Those things moving at 350 km per hour was thrilling to watch as well.

Wind was fairly stiff so the gliders had to work hard to stay airbone but it was great to see an 11 year old boy handlaunching his glider more than 50 meters or a guy who stays airbone for exactly 12 minutes to the second and land perfectly on a plate, no time or centimetre deductions at all.

Was a real wow day and may just urge me to get more lfying time in.

Edmund

Hiya Edmund!

Glad you had a WOW and inspiring day!

Wind increasing here with storms tomorrow so no flying or sailing!

Thanx for checking in!

Brian
Old 03-12-2013, 05:33 PM
ingleburn

Sounds like you had a fun day Edmund. Something to look at in the sky as well as on the ground.

Just flew 5 batteries with the new firmware on the ZYX. Must say it was different but I think Im going to like it.

First impressions are good. A few quirks that bothered me but most were fixed after this flight.
1 On spool up it kept wanting to tip to the left. Maybe my swash needs relevelling after the upgrade. Also drifted to the left in a hover so will re-level and see if it fixes it.
2 Turns and flips werent as fast but were more controlled. Dropped my expo from 20 to 10 but were then to quick for me. Raised to 15 and was good for me.
3 Stability in piros was great. Will be perfect once I fix the drift issue.
4 Very stable in a hover. Heli doesnt jump up and down as much.
Everyone can do Brian landings now.
5 Second flight I increased gains from 45 to 50. Flew into the wind and started to get some pitching up. Dropped it back on the next flight and all good again.Maybe something for Simon to think about.
All in all a worthwhile upgrade. Maybe just check swash level and the need to lower expo.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVuMFzCT-FI[/youtube]
Old 03-12-2013, 07:23 PM
ahamay

Sounds like you had a fun day Edmund. Something to look at in the sky as well as on the ground.
Just flew 5 batteries with the new firmware on the ZYX. Must say it was different but I think Im going to like it.
First impressions are good. A few quirks that bothered me but most were fixed after this flight.
On spool up it kept wanting to tip to the left. Maybe my swash needs relevelling after the upgrade. Also drifted to the left in a hover so will re-level and see if it fixes it.
2 Turns and flips werent as fast but were more controlled. Dropped my expo from 20 to 10 but were then to quick for me. Raised to 15 and was good for me.
3 Stability in piros was great. Will be perfect once I fix the drift issue.
4 Very stable in a hover. Heli doesnt jump up and down as much.
Everyone can do Brian landings now.
5 Second flight I increased gains from 45 to 50. Flew into the wind and started to get some pitching up. Dropped it back on the next flight and all good again.Maybe something for Simon to think about.
All in all a worthwhile upgrade. Maybe just check swash level and the need to lower expo.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVuMFzCT-FI[/youtube]
Looks like v4 might be a keeper... hopefully the pitch up in FFF will be eleminated.

I just opened the wallet for another Tarot 450 PRO V2 kit with the same electronics as my other ones. I enjoy building them and setting them up etc. I don't really need another 450 so I'll sell or auction it off as an RTF when I'm done. I'm getting a few more hours free time at night now that bub is sleeping through so I can tinker with a build. If anyones interested in a Tarot 450 PRO V2 FBL that could not be bothered building it let me know and we can work something out.

I ordered the Bluetooth adapter for ZYX a few weeks ago so I can use my Android phone at the field to tweek settings. I normally have a laptop with me everywhere I go anyways but I fell like a tosser taking my laptop to the field (it's a notebook actually but same same)

We finally have some sun here today but it's still blowing 30knots and the forecast is the same for the next week..... bummer.

Jonesy

Old 03-12-2013, 11:35 PM
rikybob

Ingleburn - Great flight and great landing! Glad V4 is working for ya! I'm not ambitious enough to change my CX to ZYX and then do the 4.0 as my stuff is flying just fine.

Jonesy - Getting a full nights sleep are we??? I recall those days but it's been 24 years ago! As much as I enjoyed and continue to enjoy my son I'm soooooo glad those sleepless nights are past!

All - Wx has been to bad to fly of late but I have enjoyed my Airboat for a full 1/2 hour yesterday! I put a "spinner" on the prop and it looks cools as hell! Working on my rudder servo replacement on my Hobbyking Gemini catamara. The former servos gears were made of butter so I put a metal gear servo on board and killed the rudder connector and require a trip BACK to the LHS! Grrrrrrr!

Thinkin about advertising it, my MCP X and my MQX locally as I seldom use them.

Kinda like Jonesy I am kinda getting back in to the "build" thing again.

Additionally, I have my EYE on that phreakin' DJI Phantom!

All the best!

b

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.