Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 01:25 AM
Kozzy_98

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Hey guys,

Hovered my HK450GMT around the front yard and was disappointed...

Still getting the tail inaccuracy despite using delay with HK401b and Henge 922 tail servo..

So, which gyro is best? Assan GA-250 or the LH-gy501 gyro?

Also have a Turnigy gyro and a detrum gy48v.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:27 AM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: Kozzy_98

Hey guys,

Still getting the tail inaccuracy despite using delay with HK401b and Henge 922 tail servo..

Hiya Kozz!

Try the Detrum as I had good luck with it back in the day!

If that fails look closely at your tail servo!

b
Old 03-13-2013, 07:34 AM
Ddaddy

Don't get  the GA250 IMO.  I have one and it didn't work as well as the piezo gyro's. I put a hk401 on and it was much better than the 250.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:23 AM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: Ddaddy

Don't get the GA250 IMO. I have one and it didn't work as well as the piezo gyro's. I put a hk401 on and it was much better than the 250.

Wha, WHA, WHAT??

Where the hell you been??

b
Old 03-13-2013, 02:42 PM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: ahamay

ORIGINAL: ingleburn
Sounds like you had a fun day Edmund. Something to look at in the sky as well as on the ground.
Just flew 5 batteries with the new firmware on the ZYX. Must say it was different but I think Im going to like it.
First impressions are good. A few quirks that bothered me but most were fixed after this flight.
On spool up it kept wanting to tip to the left. Maybe my swash needs relevelling after the upgrade. Also drifted to the left in a hover so will re-level and see if it fixes it.
2 Turns and flips werent as fast but were more controlled. Dropped my expo from 20 to 10 but were then to quick for me. Raised to 15 and was good for me.
3 Stability in piros was great. Will be perfect once I fix the drift issue.
4 Very stable in a hover. Heli doesnt jump up and down as much.
Everyone can do Brian landings now.
5 Second flight I increased gains from 45 to 50. Flew into the wind and started to get some pitching up. Dropped it back on the next flight and all good again.Maybe something for Simon to think about.
All in all a worthwhile upgrade. Maybe just check swash level and the need to lower expo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVuMFzCT-FI
Looks like v4 might be a keeper... hopefully the pitch up in FFF will be eleminated.

I just opened the wallet for another Tarot 450 PRO V2 kit with the same electronics as my other ones. I enjoy building them and setting them up etc. I don't really need another 450 so I'll sell or auction it off as an RTF when I'm done. I'm getting a few more hours free time at night now that bub is sleeping through so I can tinker with a build. If anyones interested in a Tarot 450 PRO V2 FBL that could not be bothered building it let me know and we can work something out.

I ordered the Bluetooth adapter for ZYX a few weeks ago so I can use my Android phone at the field to tweek settings. I normally have a laptop with me everywhere I go anyways but I fell like a tosser taking my laptop to the field (it's a notebook actually but same same)

We finally have some sun here today but it's still blowing 30knots and the forecast is the same for the next week..... bummer.

Jonesy

You know I was just thinking that yesterday. I love building the things and getting them flying. Rebuilding after a crash I hate as it means I dont have something to fly.
But the thought of having another heli sitting around doesnt appeal to me. If I could find someone who wanted a RTF Id do it.
You would never get back the money from the time you spent on it but it wouldnt matter.
Hope you find a home for yours Jonesy and have fun.

BTW you will love the bluetooth adapter, I think they are bringing out V4 software for android soon.
And you can use the bluetooth adaptor with the PC software as well. If your interested I will give you the pairing code.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:56 PM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: Kozzy_98

Hey guys,

I think we had this discussion with our old mate Spiros (who still remains missing in action)

Im not sure of the quality of the servo your using but if its not up to scratch the best gyro in the world wont make a difference.
And then some gyros dont like some servos. My FB 450 has a Turnigy DS480 tail servo. The HK401b had a slight drift. Tried an Align gyro that cost me almost as much as the entire heli. It was worse.
Ended up using a LH GY501. It was perfect.

I would try the LH gyro and if that doesnt sort it out then I would look at getting a better servo.

Old 03-13-2013, 03:09 PM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: rikybob

Ingleburn - Great flight and great landing! Glad V4 is working for ya! I'm not ambitious enough to change my CX to ZYX and then do the 4.0 as my stuff is flying just fine.

Jonesy - Getting a full nights sleep are we??? I recall those days but it's been 24 years ago! As much as I enjoyed and continue to enjoy my son I'm soooooo glad those sleepless nights are past!

All - Wx has been to bad to fly of late but I have enjoyed my Airboat for a full 1/2 hour yesterday! I put a "spinner" on the prop and it looks cools as hell! Working on my rudder servo replacement on my Hobbyking Gemini catamara. The former servos gears were made of butter so I put a metal gear servo on board and killed the rudder connector and require a trip BACK to the LHS! Grrrrrrr!

Thinkin about advertising it, my MCP X and my MQX locally as I seldom use them.

Kinda like Jonesy I am kinda getting back in to the "build" thing again.

Additionally, I have my EYE on that phreakin' DJI Phantom!

All the best!

b
Thanks Brian. Yeah I should be more like you in that if it aint broke dont touch it but I cant help myself
Glad you have something to turn to when the wind is blowing. I have my nitro car but to tell you the truth after 5 mins I am bored ####less.
Leave the Phantom alone. Hey whatever happened to Buzz. Im sure he would know of a few good quads as he was getting right into them.
Good luck with selling the MQX. My LHS is selling RTF ones for like $130. I still like taking mine out for a bit of mindless fun.

Now for a *** moment. In the last couple of weeks I have bought a charging harness for the BL, 5 batteries for same, but I still dont know if I want one.
Guess if I bail I can always sell the batteries on fleebay as they go out of stock the moment they appear.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:39 PM
ahamay

Ingleburn - Great flight and great landing! Glad V4 is working for ya! I'm not ambitious enough to change my CX to ZYX and then do the 4.0 as my stuff is flying just fine.

Jonesy - Getting a full nights sleep are we??? I recall those days but it's been 24 years ago! As much as I enjoyed and continue to enjoy my son I'm soooooo glad those sleepless nights are past!

All - Wx has been to bad to fly of late but I have enjoyed my Airboat for a full 1/2 hour yesterday! I put a "spinner" on the prop and it looks cools as hell! Working on my rudder servo replacement on my Hobbyking Gemini catamara. The former servos gears were made of butter so I put a metal gear servo on board and killed the rudder connector and require a trip BACK to the LHS! Grrrrrrr!

Thinkin about advertising it, my MCP X and my MQX locally as I seldom use them.

Kinda like Jonesy I am kinda getting back in to the "build" thing again.

Additionally, I have my EYE on that phreakin' DJI Phantom!

All the best!

b
Thanks Brian. Yeah I should be more like you in that if it aint broke dont touch it but I cant help myself
Glad you have something to turn to when the wind is blowing. I have my nitro car but to tell you the truth after 5 mins I am bored ####less.
Leave the Phantom alone. Hey whatever happened to Buzz. Im sure he would know of a few good quads as he was getting right into them.
Good luck with selling the MQX. My LHS is selling RTF ones for like $130. I still like taking mine out for a bit of mindless fun.

Now for a *** moment. In the last couple of weeks I have bought a charging harness for the BL, 5 batteries for same, but I still dont know if I want one.
Guess if I bail I can always sell the batteries on fleebay as they go out of stock the moment they appear.
Just get the BL... you know you want to

My LHS has RTF MQX for $95. The guy there rekons they have been a disaster for them. They sold a few BNF's to people that already had spektrum but have a stockpile of RTF as nobody wants them as a first timer.

Old 03-13-2013, 04:25 PM
ingleburn

Just get the BL... you know you want to

My LHS has RTF MQX for $95. The guy there rekons they have been a disaster for them. They sold a few BNF's to people that already had spektrum but have a stockpile of RTF as nobody wants them as a first timer.

Ok enough pressure from the gallery. Have to stop in there today to get some blade grips for the Nano so lets see if I can resist again today.

$95. Really. Wow that must be below cost or they make some good bucks on them. I paid $150 for one for my son for Xmas and he hasnt even flown it yet.

So is your LHS Jeejays? If so thanks for pinching the MH tail holder I ordered.Paid for it and then they rang me to say it was on the shelf but now its missing.

Just gave the Tarot a once over. Yeah the swash wasnt level. Had to adjust the elevator linkage up a bit. Also found the swash lockers were a bit notchy so pulled the bolts, lubed the bearings and reloctited them in.
Glad the bolts were still ok and no signs of damage.

Old 03-13-2013, 04:36 PM
ingleburn

Ok I just had to post this. Bought a pin vise and drill set from HK. Anyone got a cocker spaniel they need a hole drilled in.
These guys crack me up.

Old 03-13-2013, 04:37 PM
ahamay

No zeejays is not my local. They are up on the north side of Brisbane. I'm kind of glad they are not my local as my wallet would always be open. Then again my local sucks for anything blade and they don't stock Align.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:38 PM
ahamay

Hahaha.... That is funny.

Ok I just had to post this. Bought a pin vise and drill set from HK. Anyone got a cocker spaniel they need a hole drilled in.
These guys crack me up.

Old 03-13-2013, 06:51 PM
Ddaddy

Wha, WHA, WHAT??

Where the hell you been??

b

Lurking....actually many baseball games for my sons (Varsity and JV) plus the weather has sucked! Was nice today though and flew a couple packs on the SR (figured that was a good warm up from winter no-fly...if you can fly an SR you can fly anything!...sucks more than I rememberd!

Play ball!...I mean keep a tight line...oops...**** I forgot!
Old 03-14-2013, 03:26 AM
Edmund2

Brian, I will e-mail Buzz tomorrow morning my time to check with him. I have an athletics judging weekend coming up so I will be at home in the morning. Hoping to get some flying in as well before I go to the track in the afternoon. 

And yes guys I miss Spiros too.

Edmund
Old 03-14-2013, 04:53 AM
rikybob

@ Ingleburn - Mostly I'm just too chicken to upgrade to 4.0. I would have to jump from CX to ZYX then up it to 4.0 and HOPE that the dam thing doesn't fling itself apart in my driveway! As for Nitro's, I too am afraid that I would become bored in a matter of moments! The boats are cool and keep my attention! Good luck on your decision to buy the BL MCPX. I have to imagine that it is a screamer! Funny re: Cocker spaniels. I wonder what word their spell check missed?

@ Jonesy - Odd ref: the MQX RTF. Given the way it flies I would recommend it to anyone as a first timer!

@ Ddaddy - Good to hear from you! Yah, I didn't get into R/C until my kid left home both for lack of money and time! Now he's 24 and a Paramedic and lives on his own! So there is time for old dad (and even a little money)! Glad you stopped by and have fun with that SR. It was my 1st CP and I literally HATED it!

@ Edmund - I too will email Buzz as I haven't heard from him in a while! I truly DO miss Spiros. He might have been annoying on occasion but like any family member, I kinda just accepted him. I'm genuinely concerned something BAD must have happened as he literally just VANISHED from both here AND Youtube. I could see him leaving here but not Youtube too. I rekon we'll never know?

I hope all is well in YOUR worlds!

b
Old 03-14-2013, 04:05 PM
ahamay

BTW you will love the bluetooth adapter, I think they are bringing out V4 software for android soon.
And you can use the bluetooth adaptor with the PC software as well. If your interested I will give you the pairing code.
Yeah cool. It should be here any day. I've been using apple for many years pc and mobiles etc, actually I use and have to setup just about everything with my work but I've got a Galaxy note 2 now as Apple is just to locked down for me. I'm a alot more productive on the android than I was on the iphone. I even got my all time favourite arcade game frogger working on the note the other day using the mame rom emulator... not that I'll use it all the time... just becaue you can.

I'll be using it with the zyx software hoefully when the adapter comes. It's such a long time between me being able to get to the field if Imake a change at home I only get to test one change but If I can change a bunch of stuff at the field then that will be much better.

Got the mcpx bl yet?

Jonesy

Old 03-14-2013, 04:43 PM
ingleburn

Yeah cool. It should be here any day. I've been using apple for many years pc and mobiles etc, actually I use and have to setup just about everything with my work but I've got a Galaxy note 2 now as Apple is just to locked down for me. I'm a alot more productive on the android than I was on the iphone. I even got my all time favourite arcade game frogger working on the note the other day using the mame rom emulator... not that I'll use it all the time... just becaue you can.

I'll be using it with the zyx software hoefully when the adapter comes. It's such a long time between me being able to get to the field if Imake a change at home I only get to test one change but If I can change a bunch of stuff at the field then that will be much better.

Got the mcpx bl yet?

Jonesy

Hahaha well the batteries arrived this morning so now I have everything bar the heli. Worked last night so getting woken up by the delivery guy didnt bring the usual excitement.

Got to leave soon to take my son for dialysis then off to work again tonight so didnt get a chance to be tempted by the LHS. Working all weekend so the next chance is Monday and by then the sight of those brand new Nanotechs sitting there will be to much.

I see Simon has posted on RCG and YT about his heli pitching up with the new firmware. Doesnt he like us over here anymore?

Ive had no problems with it apart from one flight when I raised my gains up so I think its either his blades or his heli.
We have the same electrics so the only difference is the blades or the heli. He flys better than me so it couldnt be him.
The last time I had any pitch up issues was when I was flying the HK GT.

How are those new heads and tail grips working out? After watching your videos Im getting paranoid about mine letting go.
When I went over mine yesterday I was still having trouble with the tail boom moving in the front mount so I got to use those cocker spaniel killers to pin the boom.
Also repaired one of my Nano canopies using this method. Could have saved heaps if I had seen this before. www.youtube.com/watch

Old 03-14-2013, 05:41 PM
ahamay

Got the mcpx bl yet?

Jonesy

Hahaha well the batteries arrived this morning so now I have everything bar the heli. Worked last night so getting woken up by the delivery guy didnt bring the usual excitement.
Got to leave soon to take my son for dialysis then off to work again tonight so didnt get a chance to be tempted by the LHS. Working all weekend so the next chance is Monday and by then the sight of those brand new Nanotechs sitting there will be to much.
I see Simon has posted on RCG and YT about his heli pitching up with the new firmware. Doesnt he like us over here anymore?
Ive had no problems with it apart from one flight when I raised my gains up so I think its either his blades or his heli.
We have the same electrics so the only difference is the blades or the heli. He flys better than me so it couldnt be him.
How are those new heads and tail grips working out? After watching your videos Im getting paranoid about mine letting go.
When I went over mine yesterday I was still having trouble with the tail boom moving in the front mount so I got to use those cocker spaniel killers to pin the boom.
Also repaired one of my Nano canopies using this method. Could have saved heaps if I had seen this before. www.youtube.com/watch
Simon likes doing those FFF power loops, but they bore the heck out of me so I don't really do them. I'd be surprised if he could get it to act up doing anything but that.

The new Tarot head seems good, I just did a couple more flights on it this morning. I havn't had a chance to change the tail grips over yet, but I changed the bearings not that long ago so I'll do those when I get a chance.

Havn't had any problems with the boom moving, but yeah you want to deal with that before it lets go. I noticed the other day tarot has a tail boom box clamp that goes on the outside to fix the boom in better... pinning it sounds like the best idea though.

Old 03-14-2013, 07:31 PM
Ddaddy

Was windy today but flew the 500...found 2 badbatteriesthat didn't survive over the Winter. One has low voltage and won't charge. The other hits LVC before 3 minutes and gets to 160 degrees. Dang these batteries are expensive too.
Need to fix the 450's, cheaper and fun to fly...albeit if the eyes are working well!
Thoughts and blessings to you all! And may Spiros return : )

Old 03-14-2013, 08:20 PM
Ddaddy

Hey, who's free for a Phoenix fly this weekend?
Old 03-15-2013, 03:59 AM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: Ddaddy

Hey, who's free for a Phoenix fly this weekend?
Love to but got to work. Story of my life.

Old 03-15-2013, 04:28 AM
rikybob

@ Ingleburn - Pull the trigger! PULL THE TRIGGER!

@ Ddaddy - Sorry about your batts! Yah, the 3000's are basically 80bux for two! I should have ordered two from the US warehouse the other day. Cheaper from China but with shipping it's the same cost just takes 3 weeks!

Love to do the Phoenix but alas....work too! I would actually like to link up sometime and fly as I think it'd be fun!

Gonna slip out front this morning and fly the MCP X and MQX before work!

All the best!!!

b
Old 03-15-2013, 04:41 AM
rikybob

[/quote]

Simon likes doing those FFF power loops, but they bore the heck out of me so I don't really do them. I'd be surprised if he could get it to act up doing anything but that.

The new Tarot head seems good, I just did a couple more flights on it this morning. I havn't had a chance to change the tail grips over yet, but I changed the bearings not that long ago so I'll do those when I get a chance.

Havn't had any problems with the boom moving, but yeah you want to deal with that before it lets go. I noticed the other day tarot has a tail boom box clamp that goes on the outside to fix the boom in better... pinning it sounds like the best idea though.

[/quote]

Hahaha well the batteries arrived this morning so now I have everything bar the heli.[img][/img] Worked last night so getting woken up by the delivery guy didnt bring the usual excitement.

When I went over mine yesterday I was still having trouble with the tail boom moving in the front mount so I got to use those cocker spaniel killers to pin the boom.[img][/img]

Big loops bore me too!

No, Simon doesn't love us anymore!

b
Old 03-15-2013, 05:39 AM
ingleburn

Yeah ok. At least you guys can see me slam it into the ground at mach 2.

Dont scratch em or their resale will be yilch.

All the best!!!

b

Old 03-15-2013, 05:43 AM
rikybob

Yeah ok. At least you guys can see me slam it into the ground at mach 2.

Dont scratch em or their resale will be yilch.

All the best!!!

b

The MQX is pristine but the MCP X has been WHACKED!

I never used the stock canopy on the MQX, only a Slurpee lid!

I have to say that if I were to go BL on the MCP X, I'd do the build myself just cause I like to do my own mods.

One can only imagine how fast and powerful the BL must be???

b

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.