Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 06:03 AM
sgbfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

ORIGINAL: Jonsey

Simon likes doing those FFF power loops, but they bore the heck out of me so I don't really do them. I'd be surprised if he could get it to act up doing anything but that.

ORIGINAL: Rikyblob

Big loops bore me too!

No, Simon doesn't love us anymore!

b
Lol, Do I have to come over there! (I've always wanted to use that smiley)

I'll be back! It's just that I have limited time atm.

Simon

Old 03-15-2013, 09:40 AM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: sgbfly

ORIGINAL: Jonsey

Simon likes doing those FFF power loops, but they bore the heck out of me so I don't really do them. I'd be surprised if he could get it to act up doing anything but that.

ORIGINAL: Rikyblob

Big loops bore me too!

No, Simon doesn't love us anymore!

b
Lol, Do I have to come over there! [img][/img] (I've always wanted to use that smiley) [img][/img]

I'll be back! It's just that I have limited time atm.

Simon [img][/img]

If you liked the smiting written in prose....you'll love this > [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brmj5h1VU_U[/youtube]
Old 03-17-2013, 11:24 PM
ingleburn

My money box was full so today I decided to empty it and if I had enough go buy a new TV.
After counting had $844.and the TV I was looking at was $799.
As we buy a lot of TV's for our jobs I rang the boss to see if his supplier could do any better.
Could he what. Got the same TV, a Samsung 51 inch 3D smart Tv for $600.

So what to do with the $244 I had left. Anyone guess?????
Old 03-18-2013, 01:12 AM
ahamay

ORIGINAL: ingleburn
My money box was full so today I decided to empty it and if I had enough go buy a new TV.
After counting had $844.and the TV I was looking at was $799.
As we buy a lot of TV's for our jobs I rang the boss to see if his supplier could do any better.
Could he what. Got the same TV, a Samsung 51 inch 3D smart Tv for $600.
MCPX BL ........ and you'll still have enough left over for a schooner of beer.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:38 AM
rikybob

After counting had $844.[img][/img] and the TV I was looking at was $799.
Could he what. Got the same TV, a Samsung 51 inch 3D smart Tv for $600. [img][/img]

WIN!!!!

ORIGINAL: ahamay

After counting had $844.[img][/img] and the TV I was looking at was $799.
Could he what. Got the same TV, a Samsung 51 inch 3D smart Tv for $600. [img][/img]
MCPX BL ........ and you'll still have enough left over for a schooner of beer. [img][/img]

+1!

b
Old 03-18-2013, 02:35 AM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: rikybob

After counting had $844.[img][/img]and the TV I was looking at was $799.

WIN!!!!

After counting had $844.[img][/img]and the TV I was looking at was $799.
MCPX BL ........ and you'll still have enough left over for a schooner of beer.[img][/img]

+1!

b
Yes to the BL. But the rest I spent on spares for the Nano.
My LHS must have been reading my mind because the heli guy said that as of next month they are going to start stocking MicroHeli stuff for all the blade models.
Guess I better start a new money box.

BTW welcome back from the dark side guys.

Old 03-19-2013, 01:50 AM
Kozzy_98

Thats quite nice to hear mate!

I put the Turnigy S306g tail servo on the beast and now it flies nicely.
However, with the 2218 motor I seem to have shorter flight times by quite a bit and
Sometimes I have to replug the tail servo into the gyro which is a LH-GY520.

However that being said, no bog on massive pith pumps and it sounds alot meaner!

I am also finding blade tracking to be a PITA because one turn will put it out of track on either side and what I need is "half a turn". I am using the Pro head with the fixed linkages.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:05 AM
ahamay

ORIGINAL: Kozzy_98
However, with the 2218 motor I seem to have shorter flight times by quite a bit and
However that being said, no bog on massive pith pumps and it sounds alot meaner!
I am also finding blade tracking to be a PITA because one turn will put it out of track on either side and what I need is "half a turn". I am using the Pro head with the fixed linkages.
I'm using the s306 on the tail of my two pro's... they are a great servo. Just make sure you have put threadlock on the bolts that hold the case together or you will lose them. I also run 2218's and they perform exceptionally well. The top bearing went on the first one I had after about 120 flights but about $12 bucks for a new one I didn't lose any sleep.

I could never understand those fixed linkages from the flybar cage to the grips. I'm guessing it was to make is easier as one turn on the bottom links equals half a turn on the top links (if you have adjustable ones). Im surprised you can't get it good enough but you'll probably have to get a set of the adjustable ones or make something up.

Make sure your blades are really well balanced, both weight and CG as this can throw the tracking out. Try a different set if main blades if you have them.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:42 AM
rikybob

Blather, Piffle, Balderdash and Poppycock....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhtAHYeiUoI[/youtube]
Old 03-19-2013, 12:29 PM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: Kozzy_98
I'm using the s306 on the tail of my two pro's... they are a great servo. Just make sure you have put threadlock on the bolts that hold the case together or you will lose them. I also run 2218's and they perform exceptionally well. The top bearing went on the first one I had after about 120 flights but about $12 bucks for a new one I didn't lose any sleep.

I could never understand those fixed linkages from the flybar cage to the grips. I'm guessing it was to make is easier as one turn on the bottom links equals half a turn on the top links (if you have adjustable ones). Im surprised you can't get it good enough but you'll probably have to get a set of the adjustable ones or make something up.

Make sure your blades are really well balanced, both weight and CG as this can throw the tracking out. Try a different set if main blades if you have them.
Glad the servo fixed your problems Kozz. Yeah the 2218's are monsters but you will appreciate it when you get better at flying your heli.
As Jonesy said, get a set of adjustable linkages, they will make your life easier.

Ive been sick the last couple of days so no maiden of the BL yet. Its been checked over, bearings lubed and will post a vid when I feel better.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:36 PM
Kozzy_98

Hello everyone.

I crashed my HK450G/MT today. Was turning round to come back towards me and dumb thumbs'ed it into the driveway.
Bent main and feathering shaft, stripped my HXT900 servos and bent the flybar and broke the blades.
Oh well, thats just the hobby. Fly, crash and then rebuild...

However before that, I lifted off the beast helicopter and guess what? The tail box broke AGAIN! Same helicopter, and it broke again. Not sure why it did so, but anyway...

So I will be placing another parts order in the near future, so there won't be muh action for a couple of weeks and my MCPX needs parts and my quadcopter needs a new battery strap.

Bummer....
Old 03-20-2013, 02:00 AM
pushinoldrc
My Feedback: (46)

I hate to hear that Kozz,  It seems as though I have been ordering parts for crashed helicopters only to have to place another order before the first one ever arrives.
I generally keep main blades, tail booms, feathering shafts and main shafts in my stock as those parts are the ones I have to replace on every crash.
I don't usually keep parts for my truck, which as you can see in this video are obviously part of crashing as well.
Bryan
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwhLqBt0Ce0[/youtube]
Old 03-20-2013, 03:03 AM
rikybob

@ Kozz - Sorry about your luck! Time to save up a little longer and spring for better parts as I think you have committed to the hobby!

@ Bryan - DOH! Did you have to do that to my ole heli? Yah, if do anything else heli wise I'd like to do the HK550 or find an Align super kit as the difference really is only a couple hundred bux! I will say though that getting into aerial photography with the DJI Phantom is really, really intriguing me!

No flyin' today as the Wx is degrading!

All the best!

b
Old 03-20-2013, 03:08 AM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: pushinoldrc

I hate to hear that Kozz, It seems as though I have been ordering parts for crashed helicopters only to have to place another order before the first one ever arrives.
I generally keep main blades, tail booms, feathering shafts and main shafts in my stock as those parts are the ones I have to replace on every crash.
I don't usually keep parts for my truck, which as you can see in this video are obviously part of crashing as well.
Bryan

Ummmm WOW! I'm glad that joker didn't hit anyone. That heli is a 550 size (about 1/3 larger than my 500)!!

Sorry about your luck!

b
Old 03-20-2013, 12:46 PM
pushinoldrc

Estimated cost to repair truck...$250 not including the big dent and scratches on the bed.
Estimated cost to repair the Gaui 425...$30.
Getting it all on video...Priceless.
Stripped the main gear, bent the main shaft ever so slightly, broke the tail boom, but didn't bend it, and of course blades.
Everything else checks out.
B
Old 03-20-2013, 01:00 PM
rikybob

Estimated cost to repair truck...$250 not including the big dent and scratches on the bed.
Estimated cost to repair the Gaui 425...$30.
Getting it all on video...Priceless.
Stripped the main gear, bent the main shaft ever so slightly, broke the tail boom, but didn't bend it, and of course blades.
Everything else checks out.
B
Bryan,

Thank you for being brave enough to share that misery with us!

I hit my sons ex girlfriends car with my 450 and dinged the hell out of the passengers side roof pillar to the tune of 350.

I took it off of her rent and the assistance I gave her to get her RN.

What happened anyway?

b
Old 03-20-2013, 01:35 PM
hugj
My Feedback: (7)

That's just flying? Or is it crashing?

Great video by TJ I wish I could have seen it in real life.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:07 PM
hugj

Oh forgot I'm back from my vacation in the north. Had a great time I think the high was 30 and the low was 4 degrees.

Even got to shovel 6 inchs of snow!!! The Hobby stores were struggling with business it has been a long winter in wis.

Last year at this time they were in the 80's. ate great food walleye and deep fried cheese curds!!! and drank a few liniees!

Good to be home time to get back flying!

Hugh

Old 03-20-2013, 03:49 PM
ahamay

I hate to hear that Kozz, It seems as though I have been ordering parts for crashed helicopters only to have to place another order before the first one ever arrives.
Bryan
Wow.... I'm still trying to figure out why there were no swear words on the video

Looks like you did too many stall piros and lost orentation on the way down. Glad there wasn't too much damage to your heli as well.

Old 03-20-2013, 04:00 PM
pushinoldrc

What had happened was....
Wow.... I'm still trying to figure out why there were no swear words on the video

Looks like you did too many stall piros and lost orentation on the way down. Glad there wasn't too much damage to your heli as well.
I was practicing something Isaw on YouTube called a windmill. The tail turns in the same direction as the rotor blades when the helicopter is vertical and pitch is at zero.
I lost orientation and when I thought it was level, Ithrew the juice to it. It just wasn't level, and I couldn't get my pea sized brain wrapped around that whole concept.
I still can't for the life of my figure out why there were no cuss words, as that is the majority of my vocabulary.
The best part is that TJ didn't get hurt. I flew it right over his head, and his $1000 camera system.
B
Old 03-20-2013, 04:33 PM
ingleburn

@ Kozzy. Bad luck mate. Time to move to a bigger area so you can give it more height so a dumb thumb can be recovered from.
The problem with crashing is that the better you get at flying the worse the crashes are.

@ Bryan. The truck and heli can be fixed. Glad your friend didnt get hit. That must be one tough heli to only get such minor damage.

@ Hugh. Glad you had a great holiday. For us folks down under please explain "walleye and deep fried cheese curds!!! and drank a few liniees!"

@ All. Maidened the BL today, and had a crash.No damage but video uploading now.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:31 AM
ingleburn

Ok guys, here is the MCPX BL maiden from today.
All in all it went ok apart from a small crash and having it tamed down to much.
A small vibe issue to look at and tweaking the settings a bit but Im pretty happy with it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_1sqcQWBZk&list=UU4WToio63gExWGunxwcTiPQ& index=1[/youtube]
Old 03-21-2013, 04:21 AM
rikybob

Ok guys, here is the MCPX BL maiden from today.
All in all it went ok apart from a small crash and having it tamed down to much.
A small vibe issue to look at and tweaking the settings a bit but Im pretty happy with it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_1sqcQWBZk&list=UU4WToio63gExWGunxwcTiPQ&index=1[/youtube]

Fantastic!

Glad it's workin for ya and it will be even MORE fun when you get to fly it when the wind abates!

Packin' for the fest!

I'll report on FB!

b
Old 03-21-2013, 01:29 PM
hugj

Sorry Walleye is a fish mostly caught in the northern us and Canada, it's a member of the pike family very tasty!Cheese curds are chedder cheese before it has been pressed into blocks and aged liniees is a beerfrom a local brewer. I like the red ale. Hugh
Old 03-22-2013, 07:46 PM
Ddaddy

deleted

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.