Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 06:39 PM
Ddaddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

I'm 50 miles from the explosion in West Texas....Felt the shock wave rather strongly inside the house. It had to be big...I estimate 1/2 to 1 kiloton.

God bless West Texas
Old 04-18-2013, 01:48 AM
pushinoldrc
My Feedback: (46)

I read about the fertilizer plant explosion last night and thought about you, as well as others that live in Texas.  I heard it was strong, but 50 miles?  HOLY COW
Old 04-18-2013, 01:17 PM
rikybob

Hiya Kidz!

Had a wonderful past two days!

Got wifeys car fixed (Who's the HERO, WHO'S THE HERO!!??) yesterday as some warranty work needed tending to. This screwed me out of perfect "Slow Stick" Wx in the AM though.

Found my Hobby King "replacement" Phoenix dongle and after downloading the 5600342GB file to upgrade was able to fly/BS/ with our pal Ken! It was great to hear his voice after so many years of knowing him on line. Amazing the similarities that we all have when you finally get to visit!

On this date I got up and w/o coffee had to provide a blood sample to my diabetic doc thusly skipping again PERFECT Slow Stick Wx![:@] I rolled down to the flying club again after the blood letting and plopped the big honkin' battery in my 500 got to BSing and didn't get in ONE flight! Friends starting coming in and we just visited the morning away. One fella who has THREE count 'em THREE Goblins set those aside and has committed to FPV quads. AMAZING to see this stuff in the flesh. They use the latest in KK boards and convince me for about 1K I can be up and running too! (WAAAAY too cheap for that. Who do they think I am, Simon??)

I was coaxed to put on the Fat Shark goggles and watch a demonstration. Prior to donning them I said (and I'm not making this up) "You better not touch me inappropriately"! I put them on and the odd tendency to drop my head down occurred and I watched the show vicariously! I didn't become enamored in the process but it was cool! As I thought about my own behavior I feel that line of sight would be more suited to my liking.

Anyway, "Mike" was really nice to run me through the process. He had FOUR of these jokers in the back of his truck and a "tree" of transmitters and Rx on a tripod. I swear there was a dozen batteries scattered among all the different devices! He told the story of being in New Zealand in the last few weeks and in an area of natural monolithic rocks losing the H E L L out of one forever! Go Pro and ALL!

DOH!

Folks started piling in like reps from companies who sell quads and the like and there was a flurry of "builds" going on!

One group came in with a rig illustrated in the piccys below. The young man mentioned yesterday "Bobby Watts" was enlisted to fly the contraption that apparently when peeled down is a Trex 700! The 1st time it went up it wobbled uncontrollably and they set it down for some surgery!

After a while they got the 100,000USD rig dialed in and it took amazing footage. It is used by a cinematographer and has provided film to well known movies!

So's I spent 6 hours at the field and like I suspected would happen, didn't get in a single flight!

To top off my day I go home and the visiting "G-Meister" left after a few week visit and went back down to the SIL's!! WOOOOOT!

So as I type I'm regaled by the music blaring from my sound system provided by "Pandora"! Perter Gabriel never sounded so good!

What a cool day!

b

PS Thoughts to those in Texas!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Kh17766.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	1873325   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hd94880.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	1873326  
Old 04-18-2013, 03:14 PM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: Ddaddy

I'm 50 miles from the explosion in West Texas....Felt the shock wave rather strongly inside the house. It had to be big...I estimate 1/2 to 1 kiloton.
God bless West Texas
That was one big blast. After being in the Army as an engineer with lots of experience in explosives I know what even a small ammount of ammonium nitrate can do.
Reports over here are varying about the number of deaths but I hope its on the smaller end of the scale.

Old 04-18-2013, 03:33 PM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: rikybob

Hiya Kidz!

b

Wow that was a mega post Brian. Sounds like you have been busy.
6 hours at the field without a flight. Man that must have been a real BS session. Lots of cool stuff to look at though and would have made for an amazing day.
Any chance of that guy gifting you a GoblinSounds like he can afford it.
Sorry I missed the flying session yesterday. Amused at the chatter about slow PCs and had mine updated and ready to go but a friend dropped in just when you got it going and by the time I kicked him out it was all over.
Not much luck here with my 450 as still waiting on parts. Gear sets should be in today but let me give you all a tip.
OOModel are great but never, and I mean never order Align stuff through them. 4 Days after placing my express order they email me saying that the 2 Align parts I ordered are not in stock.
The same thing happened on the last order so I should have known better. If you only order Tarot stuff it is shipped the next day.
Anyway I did get my ESC soft start fixed. Plugged in the programmer to find it is set on normal start and Ni batteries.Dont know how that happened but reset it and its working fine for the first time.
The timing was also set to low so changed it to medium. Dont know what you guys set yours to but I hope it doesnt drop out of the sky.

Old 04-18-2013, 03:47 PM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

ORIGINAL: rikybob

Hiya Kidz!

b

Wow that was a mega post Brian. Sounds like you have been busy.
6 hours at the field without a flight. Man that must have been a real BS session.[img][/img] Lots of cool stuff to look at though and would have made for an amazing day.
Any chance of that guy gifting you a Goblin[img][/img] Sounds like he can afford it.
Sorry I missed the flying session yesterday. Amused at the chatter about slow PCs and had mine updated and ready to go but a friend dropped in just when you got it going and by the time I kicked him out it was all over.
Not much luck here with my 450 as still waiting on parts. Gear sets should be in today but let me give you all a tip.
OOModel are great but never, and I mean never order Align stuff through them. 4 Days after placing my express order they email me saying that the 2 Align parts I ordered are not in stock. [img][/img]
The same thing happened on the last order so I should have known better. If you only order Tarot stuff it is shipped the next day.
Anyway I did get my ESC soft start fixed. Plugged in the programmer to find it is set on normal start and Ni batteries.[img][/img] Dont know how that happened but reset it and its working fine for the first time.
The timing was also set to low so changed it to medium. Dont know what you guys set yours to but I hope it doesnt drop out of the sky.

Yah, It was a cool two days off!

Minor eye surgery tomorrow will put me on a "sickie" over the coming days and oddly wifey has a full paid work trip down to the beach where I shall convalesce!

No flyin' the next three days or so!

Yah, sorry you didn't get on Phoenix as it was a hoot.

I suspect with two up and running we shall link up a third and so on. It's good that they have "mute" and "kick" functions so if we get Simon on, we can handle him!

Yah, got some straight dope on the Goblin from another perspective today and that is it is a "pretty machine" but it runs "hot" in that it uses belts throughout and as such they need to be fairly tight for performance and this causes the battery, motor and esc to run really HOT! My friend who is a rep feels that the bird appeals to folk because of its beauty!!

Just like myself, all form and no substance!!

I hope you get your parts vendor sorted and back in the air!

All the best!

b

Old 04-18-2013, 06:59 PM
Ddaddy

Sorry ya'll missed the Phoenix fly but I think we got a good start now on some good BS...I mean flying sessions....haven't even mentioned the balloon bursting contest...hehe

Windy as heck here, hope the weather find those with time to fly favorable.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:19 PM
aircrash

Hello, hello there !

I see much progress to your fleet or the forum, a Part III now!
I miss you and my helis but I was too addicted to either of them (helis and forum). But I miss you much, more than flying as I did not flew much anyway.
I have not even watched any video and I miss it much. My Youtube account must has been closed also, as I never updated the info or what they wanted me to do.
My son got bigger and I had somehow to spend much more time with him. No more buying also.

I`ll try to keep some touch but as much as it does not make me addicted behind a keyboard. This way I`ll be less stubborn also!

Have a nice weekend!
Spiros
Old 04-20-2013, 01:18 AM
ahamay

ORIGINAL: aircrash
Hello, hello there !
I see much progress to your fleet or the forum, a Part III now!
I miss you and my helis but I was too addicted to either of them (helis and forum). But I miss you much, more than flying as I did not flew much anyway.
I have not even watched any video and I miss it much. My Youtube account must has been closed also, as I never updated the info or what they wanted me to do.
My son got bigger and I had somehow to spend much more time with him. No more buying also.
I`ll try to keep some touch but as much as it does not make me addicted behind a keyboard. This way I`ll be less stubborn also!
Have a nice weekend!
Spiros
Hey Spiros, glad you dropped in to say hello. I wish you luck in finding the time to one day get your 450 back in the air. Like you I now have a baby (5 months old) and time is a premium. Enjoy it, I know I am as they grow up so damn fast.

Jonesy

Old 04-20-2013, 03:37 AM
ahamay

If any of the local guys are interested I'm posting this here first. I've finished building the Tarot 450 PRO V2 FBL, which is identical specs and setup as the other two that I currently fly. This heli will be going up for sale this week, as I need the cash to put towards a 500 build. I think it's a great looking heli and I might have to try and track down that canopy for one of my other birds.

I built this heli as I love the kit building part of this hobby and had no intention to keep it. I'm in it for around $400 so I'm happy to get back what I've paid out. It will have one flight on it for me to check and trim it etc. The list of components included are as follows. If you need any more info or are interested then please PM me.

Tarot 450 PRO V2 Kit

3 x Hitec 5065mg Cyclic Servos
1 x Turnigy TGY-S306G Rudder Servo
Turnigy Plush 40 Amp BESC
H2218 3550kv motor with 13t pinion (Headspeed around 3200)
Tarot ZYX-S 3-Axis Gyro
USB Programming Dongle
Orange rx R620 6ch RX (New Model)
CF Main Blades

Old 04-20-2013, 04:21 AM
Kozzy_98

That heli looks really flash mate! Nice build.

As for me at the moment, I have placed an order for a HK450GT kit which I will be able to build when the box arrives from the Australian warehouse.

Also added the following items: Turnigy 2839 3600kv motor (the HK/Scorpion one) and a Hobbyking YEP ESC which apparently is an extremely good ESC that also has a Govenor that actually works!

I won't be using that power system on the kit however. Instead I will be using a Turnigy Plush 40A and a Typhoon 2215H from the #1 GT.

Pretty much I will take all useful parts from it such as the Motor, ESC, Gyro, Tail servo and Receiver (which is a genuine $pektrum AR6200X). Frame goes in the bin, all useful parts such as the headblock, tail boom, tail assembly and fins will be kept in a box.

Also for a change I will follow Finless Bob's head setup down to the very letter and actually build the thing properly

Hopefully the headblock from the #1 will work on the #2 which is my favourite 450 at the moment (with the Assan GA-250 gyro)

We recently had a bad spell of wind for a few days, and today was an extremely wet day with lots of rain.

Hope everyone is well, and that you are getting some flying done.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:53 AM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: ahamay

If any of the local guys are interested I'm posting this here first. I've finished building the Tarot 450 PRO V2 FBL, which is identical specs and setup as the other two that I currently fly. This heli will be going up for sale this week, as I need the cash to put towards a 500 build. I think it's a great looking heli and I might have to try and track down that canopy for one of my other birds.

I built this heli as I love the kit building part of this hobby and had no intention to keep it. I'm in it for around $400 so I'm happy to get back what I've paid out. It will have one flight on it for me to check and trim it etc. The list of components included are as follows. If you need any more info or are interested then please PM me.

Tarot 450 PRO V2 Kit

Tarot ZYX-S 3-Axis Gyro
USB Programming Dongle
CF Main Blades

Thats a nice looking canopy Jonesy. Sure you will have no trouble selling it.

Old 04-21-2013, 06:32 AM
Rob2160

Tarot 450 PRO V2 Kit

Tarot ZYX-S 3-Axis Gyro
USB Programming Dongle
CF Main Blades

That is a really great looking heli and looks like a beautifully tidy build.. I am half tempted myself but I love the build process also...

Great work and good luck with the sale...

Plus it would make HK 450 heli #13 in the current stable.. and I just can't go there.....

Old 04-21-2013, 06:34 AM
Rob2160

Here is my lesson for the evening....

Tonight I decided to cycle the batteries in my 2 JR11xs.....

Disabled the inactivity timer and left them both turned on....Forgot about them....

Then tried to watch a movie on my Apple TV... which has worked flawlessly for months....

Couldn't get a movie to play.. couldn't stream anything via the laptop or direct from ITunes... What the!.....

Spent hours troubleshooting.. testing a 2nd Apple TV.. same result....No joy.. reconfigured both of them from scratch... nothing worked...a night wasted....

The low voltage alarm goes off on TX number 1..... I turn it off....A few minutes later, same thing on TX2.. I turn it off..

Presto.. the Apple TV suddenly works flawlessly again.....

Rob is an idiot!.....
Old 04-21-2013, 02:29 PM
rikybob

Hiya Kidz!

Just got back to the real world!

Had a really nice time at the coast with the wifey!

Spiros - Really nice of you to stop by! Enjoy being a dad as hobbies will be always be around. Your kids won't! Mine is all grown and at uni and I have to make an appointment to see him!

Jonesy - Nice build and a cuter little heli! Yup, time to sell that off and move on UP!!!

Kozz - Good luck with your project!

Robbie - That's funny re: blocking your own frequency!!

All - Hopefully I'll be able to slip out in the morning and get in a flight on the Slow Stick!!

All the best!

b
Old 04-21-2013, 03:45 PM
ahamay

ORIGINAL: Rob2160
Disabled the inactivity timer and left them both turned on....Forgot about them....
Then tried to watch a movie on my Apple TV... which has worked flawlessly for months....
Couldn't get a movie to play.. couldn't stream anything via the laptop or direct from ITunes... What the!.....
Spent hours troubleshooting.. testing a 2nd Apple TV.. same result....No joy.. reconfigured both of them from scratch... nothing worked...a night wasted....
The low voltage alarm goes off on TX number 1..... I turn it off....A few minutes later, same thing on TX2.. I turn it off..
Rob is an idiot!.....
If your client supports 5Ghz, then you could try configuring the apple tv to use this instead of 2.4. This should get around the issue.

It would also be interesting to select a model memory that does not have anything bound to it and see if you get the same issue. I would assume that the tx would not be transmitting anything as it has nothing to transmit to if not bound.

Old 04-22-2013, 05:31 AM
Rob2160

Rob is an idiot!.....
If your client supports 5Ghz, then you could try configuring the apple tv to use this instead of 2.4. This should get around the issue.

It would also be interesting to select a model memory that does not have anything bound to it and see if you get the same issue. I would assume that the tx would not be transmitting anything as it has nothing to transmit to if not bound.

Thats a good question.. I'll try it tomorrow with an empty model memory... Don't think the router has 5Ghz... Never been a problem in the past... Having two radios switched on for hours yesterday was a once off...

Old 04-22-2013, 07:13 AM
Ddaddy

rb, glad your back, how's your eyes?

And that is 1 sharp looking canopy ahamay!

Rob, what Tx system do you use? Spectrum? DXM2 or DXMX?
Old 04-22-2013, 05:31 PM
ingleburn

Rob is an idiot!.....
You were smart enough to work out what happened. I wouldnt have put 2 and 2 together.

Old 04-22-2013, 05:55 PM
ingleburn

Been a bit quiet lately as my parts arent due in till tomorrow. Decided to do some maintenance on the other 450 while I was waiting.
Main bearings were a bit notchy so will replace them. Regreased the thrust bearings and upgraded the ZYX to 4.0.
Also reprogramed the ESC as it was set to normal instead of super soft start.Thats both of them that have done that so dont know how it happened?
Will rebalance the blades and give everything an oil as well. Belt was a bit tight so might loosen it while Im at it.

@ Brian. Loved the pics you posted on FB of your holiday.

Glad Spiros dropped in for a visit. Have being chatting on PM with him and hope he keeps in touch so we dont have to go looking for him again.
Speaking of that its time I try to round up Ian and see how he is going. Last time I heard he had delayed his online lessons as he was moving.
Be good to see how he is going but his lack of time here has me worried he has suffered the same fate as Spiros, to much to do and not enough time to do it.

Heres the fleet waiting for parts.

Old 04-23-2013, 02:56 AM
Kozzy_98

Hi guys,

While I was waiting for my order to arrive, I decided to place another one from the International Warehouse.

2x Head blocks (hopefully I get a good one)
2x Assan Ga-250 gyros
2x HK922 tail servos
and

a FLYBARLESS head!

Why do I have a flybarless head? Sometime in the near future I would like to try FBL without a stabilisation system. That should be quite interesting!

Also I am waiting for an order from the Australian warehouse, and it has the HK YEP 45A esc. Does anyone know what settings I should program the ESC with? Mainly for things such as timing and PWM frequency, and mabye even some governor settings..

Old 04-23-2013, 03:11 AM
ahamay

ORIGINAL: Kozzy_98

Hi guys,
While I was waiting for my order to arrive, I decided to place another one from the International Warehouse.
2x Assan Ga-250 gyros
2x HK922 tail servos
and

a FLYBARLESS head!

Why do I have a flybarless head? Sometime in the near future I would like to try FBL without a stabilisation system. That should be quite interesting!

Also I am waiting for an order from the Australian warehouse, and it has the HK YEP 45A esc. Does anyone know what settings I should program the ESC with? Mainly for things such as timing and PWM frequency, and mabye even some governor settings..

I can only presume that trying to fly an FBL heli without a 3 axis would be like trying to fly in rate mode but for cyclic as well. Well we all know how much rate mode sucks. If it's a bit windy out I think your asking for trouble. Your definately gamer than I would be to try it but good luck. I think you should put the money your possibly going to spend on fixing it towards a zyx. You'll be retiring your flybared heads in a flash once you try fbl.

With regards to the YEP I've just bought the 80 amp version and this video would be very helpfull to you. Hopefully you ordered the programming card for it as well as it makes it a bazillion times easier to setup.

I can't see any advantage of using Gov mode unless your doing mad sport or 3d flying.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf0iBo4aiCQ[/youtube]

Old 04-23-2013, 05:07 AM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: Kozzy_98

Hi guys,
2x Assan Ga-250 gyros
2x HK922 tail servos
and

a FLYBARLESS head!

I can only presume that trying to fly an FBL heli without a 3 axis would be like trying to fly in rate mode but for cyclic as well. Well we all know how much rate mode sucks. If it's a bit windy out I think your asking for trouble. Your definately gamer than I would be to try it but good luck. I think you should put the money your possibly going to spend on fixing it towards a zyx. You'll be retiring your flybared heads in a flash once you try fbl.

With regards to the YEP I've just bought the 80 amp version and this video would be very helpfull to you. Hopefully you ordered the programming card for it as well as it makes it a bazillion times easier to setup.

I can't see any advantage of using Gov mode unless your doing mad sport or 3d flying.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf0iBo4aiCQ[/youtube]

What are you getting the 80 amp ESC for? Maybe a 500 build.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:22 AM
Edmund2

Hi there all, had to catch up with 3 weeks of posts and you guys were really busy.   Worked my backside off since mid February and suppose will have to dig deep for muscle memory to fly again.  Take it that Rob is back in Aus with his increase in posts or just maybe he missed us.

Do hope to get some stick time in over the coming weekend as where the weather is now improving it is now going the other way for us. Must say that after last week's cold front we have very pleasant weather over here and can do with a flight right now.

Cheers for now.

Edmund

Old 04-23-2013, 11:32 AM
rikybob

Hiya Kidz!

Ddaddy - Two black eyes, healing well!

Jonesy - Nice heli!

Rob - Rob, Rob, Rob.

Kozzy - Please, please, please viddy your lift off of the FBL (less) 450!!!!! Or, pry your wallet open and get [link=http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=11109]THIS[/link]! Send me yer PayPal addy and I'll drop you 10 USD torward the controller so you don't drill the thing into the ground immediately!!

Edmund - How the heck are ya old pal??!!!

All is well here. Had a nice weekend at the coast resting from the minor eye surgery.

Just went off duty and will be out of state for a week so's y'all hold down the fort!!!

All the best!

b

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.