Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

EXI 450 build, component selection help

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

EXI 450 build, component selection help

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 10:04 PM
noobflyer01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: EXI 450 build, component selection help

ORIGINAL: mksubaru

hello everyone, i´m also bilding a 450, mine is a clone HKH 450, my question is, i dont want it to be fast, so what motor should i get? can i use a e-max 25c i already have? i´m gona put some pictures about the servos i want to get, they are not the best, wish i could get the hitec, but let me know witch one you tink is the best, both have a 1,5kg torque. thanks to all.
i dont think the blue servos pictured is adequate for heli's. looks like those are used on rc cars/trucks. do you have spec's on the servos? the hxt900 or sg90 is around 5-10 dollars each and is the miniumum you can get away with.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:28 AM
mksubaru

thanks noobflyer01, gues i´m gona get the htx900, i just got a Colco GY400 AVCS gyro, it´s not to bad to start is it? one more question, i cant aford to get a futaba or a spektrum rightnow, so, can i use this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=320363721729 , i have a walkera 60 and i could use the tx and rx from it, but, i would like to try something diferent then walkera, everyone says their electronic is really bad. thanks to all in advance
Old 04-27-2009, 09:41 AM
noobflyer01

the transmitter in the link you provided is the esky 72mhz 6ch. this will not work for you. its not a programmable transmitter. your transmitter doesnt have to be futaba or spektrum but it needs to be programmable. if you have never set one up before then i highly recommend you getting a futaba or spektrum since most everyone have them and can help you in programming your heli. do a google search for finless bob helifreak tech room. all your setup answers are found there.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:58 PM
mksubaru

thanks one more noobflyer01, i tought i could just plug al to the rx and fly it lol thanks once more