Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Toy-Grade RC Products
Reload this Page >

how do i can make the tires more soft

Community
Search
Notices
Toy-Grade RC Products Post in here about toy-grade rc products and the mods you''re making to them. These typically fall in the sub $100 range.

how do i can make the tires more soft

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 05:07 PM
rcToyotaman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do i can make the tires more soft

how can i make the tires softer
its Nitto Mud tires
Old 04-07-2009, 05:15 PM
texx

Default RE: how do i can make the tires more soft

Exacto + dremel .. the only two tools necessary.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYiOgsiROVc[/youtube]

Old 04-08-2009, 10:28 PM
Creepy Crawler

As texx stated above, you just need to break out the xacto knife and a rotary tool and go to town. They stink to high heavens when you use the dremel but it makes fast work of it. You will still need the hobby knife to do the detail cutting but I would just say figure out which ones you want to cut and even go as far as marking them with a white out pen or light paint/fingernail polish so you don't get confused and cut off the wrong lugs. Just from pulling one lug from the edge of the tire that has a grouping of 3 makes a noticable difference. Take for example texx's tires on yellow crawler. I've seen mixed postings on these forums about the tires. Whether you should remove the big lugs or remove the small ones but man, I just say go with it. There probably isn't the "right way" to do any of these mods we are doing but that's what makes them enjoyable. If you do a fantastic job on a mod, we want to hear about it because who knows, you may have the next big thing that we never even thought about and we will be coming to you for answers and a how-to. It just takes some elbow grease and they don't sell that at Wal-mart.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96182.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	184.3 KB
ID:	1176110  
Old 05-08-2009, 06:30 PM
yaleforscale
Banned

very soft tiers whoo
Old 05-09-2009, 07:14 AM
adrians3109

...or else take a shortcut and buy an aftermaket 2.2 set of tyres of something else. I had cut my stock nb tyres before to make them softer but still there is no comparison to other tyres...its not just how hard or soft they are, but the material makes a huge difference to grip.

I got a set of these from ebay and its the best mod i have done on my NB in terms of performance...and still these are the cheapest i could find.

Old 05-11-2009, 06:55 PM
KE4QPF

I have also found that heat tends to soften things up a bit. The heat tends to loosen the molecules in the rubber so they expand a bit. I wouldn't recommend a blow torch, but light heat from a hair drier would probably do the trick.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:52 AM
adrians3109

ORIGINAL: KE4QPF

I have also found that heat tends to soften things up a bit. The heat tends to loosen the molecules in the rubber so they expand a bit. I wouldn't recommend a blow torch, but light heat from a hair drier would probably do the trick.
does this apply only till they are still warm? ...or they will remain like this then even when cold again?
Old 05-12-2009, 12:09 PM
KE4QPF

ORIGINAL: adrians3109

ORIGINAL: KE4QPF

does this apply only till they are still warm? ...or they will remain like this then even when cold again?
By the heat weakening the structure of the tire overall, it should not become firm again after it cools.