Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Is the Traxxas T Maxx reliable?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2003, 01:36 AM
grampi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the Traxxas T Maxx reliable?

You guys make the Maxx sound as if it's the worst MT out there, and yet it always comes out on top in the magazine comparisons. It may not be the best MT, but if it was actually as bad as you guys say it is, it wouldn't end up ranked #1 all the time. Stop exaggerating.
Old 09-01-2003, 01:38 AM
Accident
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Hey we all have our opinions - mine is a piece of **** - I cant get it to run no matter what I do to it. I have more fun when it stalls - kicking it back to my box.
Old 09-01-2003, 01:49 AM
grampi

I have problems with mine too, but it isn't as bad as some of you are making it out to be. If you're expecting to find an MT that you can just drive and never have a single problem with, good luck. It doesn't exsist.
Old 09-01-2003, 01:49 AM
Accident
Banned

I would just like to drive it
Old 09-01-2003, 02:54 AM
tjmaxx

Than get an ELECTRIC or is that still to much work for you.
Old 09-01-2003, 03:11 AM
RCFreakInFL
Banned

Be nice children...look at my sig for some comforting advice....
Old 09-01-2003, 03:22 AM
bubbafien

your handle is "ACCIDENT"...

dunno maybe it translates over to r/c also. my maxx runs awesome and i never had problems getting it to run.

here is how i look at it, more people buy it so more people will have problems with it. the people you hear *****ing about it are the ones who dont know what they are doing and have frequent accidents, like hitting a curb at 45!

bubbafien
Old 09-01-2003, 07:47 AM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

Originally posted by grampi
You guys make the Maxx sound as if it's the worst MT out there, and yet it always comes out on top in the magazine comparisons. It may not be the best MT, but if it was actually as bad as you guys say it is, it wouldn't end up ranked #1 all the time. Stop exaggerating.
the MT was good until the 2.5 release. now it is 1 of the worst MT's out.
Old 09-01-2003, 12:29 PM
Accident
Banned

look - my maxx drives me crazy, yes! but I wouldnt trade it for anything, no i dont know a whole lot about em and maybe its the chalenge of seeing if I can get it to run right, I got into MT's after I crashed my plane, figured keep it on the ground, my OS40 in the plane runs perrrrfect, it is definate that I may not understand the complete workings of this damn engine in the Maxx, but over all even with the problems I encounter daily I like it - and by the way I was only going 30MPH when I hit the curb.
Old 09-01-2003, 02:09 PM
bubbafien

that'll still do it. and plane engines are the easiest engines to tune because many are single needle and they are simply not high performance.

bubbafien
Old 09-01-2003, 06:01 PM
tjmaxx

ONLY 30, lets throw you into a curb at 30 and see what you break. Seriousley if it didn't break at that speed than there would be something wrong with it.
Old 09-01-2003, 06:24 PM
packerfan3001

my sportmaxx (close enough to the T), hasnt had very many problem at all. The bulk heads is the weakest point on the trck (IMO) so i got aluminum ones, and ever since that i have had NO problems. The 2.5 is very eassy to tune-start-run. It starts <2seconds pushin on the easy start its a good truck
Old 09-01-2003, 06:28 PM
flatlander_14

hmmm, and yet they happen to be one of the most advertised companies in all the magazines... put 2 and 2 together...

its not a horrible truck, but you all have to admit it has one of the best designs... not so much parts and materials used, but the overall concept. if it werent for the maxx, do you really think hpi would create the savage? i agree some of these people make the maxx sound like its made of cheese(mmmm), but my only real problem is the engine. i think its partly because i found out you need to richen the engine more than the manual says when you break in because the factory settings arent that good for sealevel maxxers. that may be my problem there, and i bet it is, but either way, i would much rather have a more powerful engine. to do that you need to upgrade the drivetrain. we'll see what happens...
Old 09-01-2003, 06:29 PM
grampi

Originally posted by caseyddr
the MT was good until the 2.5 release. now it is 1 of the worst MT's out.
That happens to be your opinion, which you are certainly entitled to, but it doesn't agree with the vast majority. While the Maxx does have it's problems, it certainly hasn't gone from being one of the best to one of the worst. That's a gross exaggeration.
Old 09-01-2003, 06:33 PM
grampi

Originally posted by flatlander_14
hmmm, and yet they happen to be one of the most advertised companies in all the magazines... put 2 and 2 together...

its not a horrible truck, but you all have to admit it has one of the best designs... not so much parts and materials used, but the overall concept. if it werent for the maxx, do you really think hpi would create the savage? i agree some of these people make the maxx sound like its made of cheese(mmmm), but my only real problem is the engine. i think its partly because i found out you need to richen the engine more than the manual says when you break in because the factory settings arent that good for sealevel maxxers. that may be my problem there, and i bet it is, but either way, i would much rather have a more powerful engine. to do that you need to upgrade the drivetrain. we'll see what happens...
If it was actually as bad as some of these people are claiming, no amount of advertising dollars could get it a #1 rating.
Old 09-01-2003, 06:54 PM
bubbafien

finally some unbiased truthful FACTS.

bubbafien
Old 09-01-2003, 07:02 PM
flatlander_14

no amount of advertising dollars could get it a #1 rating.

oooohhh that is so wrong... ANYTHING can be bought with money...

i remember on the morningshow on the radio they put out an auction # for ebay... some guy was selling his children. another one was a guy who wanted the bidder to pay for his wife's breast implants, the winner would get a picture of them and get to touch them, and the bill from the surgeon

lol. but then again, how many gallons of fuel are these rc magazines putting through their maxx? i didnt have real troubles til about 1-1/2 gallons or so.
Old 09-01-2003, 07:16 PM
caseyddr

Originally posted by flatlander_14
oooohhh that is so wrong... ANYTHING can be bought with money...

i remember on the morningshow on the radio they put out an auction # for ebay... some guy was selling his children. another one was a guy who wanted the bidder to pay for his wife's breast implants, the winner would get a picture of them and get to touch them, and the bill from the surgeon

lol. but then again, how many gallons of fuel are these rc magazines putting through their maxx? i didnt have real troubles til about 1-1/2 gallons or so.
exactly, they break em in and run it for maybe an hour. they dont put a gallon or so into it. Also, traxxas isnt going to send them a dud machine to test, they are going to make sure everything is top notch. As the ebay thing, a guy tried selling his kidney on ebay and it was up to 4 million before ebay put a stop to it.
Old 09-01-2003, 08:31 PM
grampi

And I suppose all of the other companies are sending their dud MT's for testing. I think not.
Old 09-01-2003, 08:35 PM
bubbafien

And I suppose all of the other companies are sending their dud MT's for testing. I think not.
exactly...

bubbafien
Old 09-01-2003, 08:55 PM
grampi

You're in the wrong place if you're looking to get honest info about the Maxx in this forum. All you're going to get is exaggerated comments made for the sole purpose of bashing. People love bashing the T-Maxx because it's the most popular MT.
Old 09-01-2003, 09:07 PM
bubbafien

i am aware, but i do get a kick out of how alot of the uneducated(not all) people just like to sling mud in our direction! anf let me say this i like my MAXX more than my SAVAGE!

bubbafien
Old 09-01-2003, 11:00 PM
caseyddr

You're in the wrong place if you're looking to get honest info about the Maxx in this forum. All you're going to get is exaggerated comments made for the sole purpose of bashing. People love bashing the T-Maxx because it's the most popular MT.
those comments go both ways on how bad they are and how good they are.
Old 09-02-2003, 12:03 AM
grampi

I haven't seen anyone exaggerating how good they are, only how bad.
Old 09-02-2003, 12:06 AM
grampi

Originally posted by bubbafien
i am aware, but i do get a kick out of how alot of the uneducated(not all) people just like to sling mud in our direction! anf let me say this i like my MAXX more than my SAVAGE!

bubbafien
Don't be suprised if some of these people tell you you're nuts. The ones who hate the Maxx are 100% convinced it's junk and only their opinion is right.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.