Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

I sold my T-maxx and bought this........

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2004, 12:25 AM
twinmania

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I sold my T-maxx and bought this........

I would suggest for you to get a twin titan. I purchased it for $660. Think about it, you will have to upgrade a lot of stuff. For example, aluminum shocks, aluminum tuned pipe, beefier cvd's, etc. You will end up paying for the twin titan itself. In addition, with my titan, I do not have to upgrade anything. Also, I can take one engine out to keep the other as a spare. No more thrill since it will be just running like the Titan Deluxe with one engine.

Just my .02. Everyone has their own opinion, right?

Old 01-24-2004, 12:32 AM
pamaxxposse

Default RE: I sold my T-maxx and bought this........

How much does that bad boy weigh????
Old 01-24-2004, 02:57 AM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

that is crazy dude
Old 01-24-2004, 12:05 PM
paperclipracer
My Feedback: (3)

woa!
Old 01-24-2004, 06:13 PM
homelessduck101
Banned
My Feedback: (-1)

LOOSER!

-Dallas
Old 01-24-2004, 08:35 PM
twinmania

ORIGINAL: homelessduck101

LOOSER!

-Dallas
Learn how to spell first. Maybe go back to elementary or something.

Please note the correct spelling is:

LOSER

Maybe an alternative is your name.

Just my .02
Old 01-24-2004, 09:27 PM
R/C Dragon

sweet truck dude
Old 01-25-2004, 01:38 AM
bigjdubb

Sweet, keep us updated on how you like the truck.
Old 01-25-2004, 02:24 AM
twinmania

ORIGINAL: bigjdubb

Sweet, keep us updated on how you like the truck.
So far the truck has been rock solid.

Basically, to let you know, OFNA's RTR really means Ready to be Rebuilt. With this one, I had to strip it down to check everything and to loctite everything since it will have 5 horsepower running it. I have gone thru a gallon and nothing has broke so far.

Compared to my old T-maxx, this truck is so fast that I run out of running space quick. It handles and jumps well for a truck this huge.

The best thing I like about it is the sweet sound. As far as tuning, it has also been a breeze unlike the T-maxx which gave me a hard time just to keep it running. With the twin, I simply tune both of them simultaneously to keep their temperature within 5-10 degrees apart.

Also, I tried experementing a little with the air intake. So far, the acceleration improved probably due to cooler air right?:

I will try to post some videos soon as well.

I will also post some pictures of my T-maxx:

Lastly, did you guys notice with the money you spent with your T-maxx, you could have purchased several trucks already. I guess this was the main reason I sold the T-maxx. I only spent $660.00 for the Twin Titan, that's it. No more costly upgrades. No more money pit. I am glad I sold my T-maxx because it is just a never ending upgrade journey. On the other hand, the titan already has all the upgrades you will ever need for your T-maxx (massive CVDs, all-metal drivetrain and gears, large wheels, 143 oz. servo, polished tuned pipes, aluminum shocks, dual steel brakes, etc.).

Just my .02.
Old 01-25-2004, 10:45 AM
Savage_Dias

Good choice on the TT & the Savage!! Question.... Has it ever seen dirt?
Old 01-25-2004, 11:07 PM
twinmania

ORIGINAL: Savage_Dias

Good choice on the TT & the Savage!! Question.... Has it ever seen dirt?
Yes, I guess that I just have better talent with the denatured alcohol and air compressor.
Old 01-26-2004, 12:03 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Ya, you bought a $660 dollar RC.... Good for you. I don't agree with your opinion, and here is why-

Why not just say 'Hey, this is a great monster truck, and here is why....'

NOT going onto multiple threads and saying 'I would suggest for you to get a twin titan. I purchased it for $660. Think about it, you will have to upgrade a lot of stuff. For example, aluminum shocks, aluminum tuned pipe, beefier cvd's, etc. You will end up paying for the twin titan itself.' That comes across to me as arrogant to be honest.

Not a lot of people can afford $660 up front (+ tax $51) = $711! That is ludicrus- I bought my Sportmaxx and my 1/8 scale Xterminator buggy brand new for around $650 together! True, I have put money into them, but that is over the course of months and years, and I can race competitively in two classes. Your truck would get eaten up by lighter Maxxes and Savages- hands down. You
have a $700 showpiece backyard basher.

Not everyone mods their trucks the way you mentioned either. A Savage or Maxx will give great fun to 99% of those looking to buy RC's, and they don't have to be modded like you mentioned to have fun.

Ya, good for you, you bought the most expensive MT out there... I wish we were all so fortunate... Well, not really. I think the rest of us are happy with what we have.

I don't mean to be derogatory, I guess it just comes across as arrogance to me...
Old 01-26-2004, 12:13 PM
ICrashThings

^^^^^^^^what he said i wish i had the money to get one...but i have my rc10 and its more then enough to keep me happy and keep the money out of my wallet
Old 01-26-2004, 12:30 PM
Dale Gribble

BTW, how many threads are you going to post those pictures in?

I have read three different recent threads this morning alone and your pictures are in them.
Old 01-26-2004, 05:16 PM
twinmania

ORIGINAL: ICrashThings

^^^^^^^^what he said i wish i had the money to get one...but i have my rc10 and its more then enough to keep me happy and keep the money out of my wallet
I will have to agree with ICrashThings.

First of all, I did not have to pay for tax, $660.00 flat from Tower Hobbies.

Second, I guess I missed the part in the rules and regulations which states the limits on how many posts I can produce[8D]. If you do not like it, don't respond or don't even bother reading it, period.

Also, how many monster trucks will you find out there that will be running all stock. I am just saying, ON THE LONG RUN, it may wise to invest on something that will have the works rather getting one for cheap will only make you only make you spend more on after market parts.

In terms of arrogance, I don't even have a job. This is my only truck now. If I was arrogant, it takes one to recognize one.[:'(]

Lastly, I am not saying that I have the most expensive truck rather just a wise decision for me. Some people spend at least $2,000.00 for their T-maxx's, that is expensive. What's wrong with trying to pass on my opinion? Some people can just get so stubborn that they do not appreciate other people's opinions.

I am proud for people like ICrashThings who are happy with what they have. I guess I am just someone who is never satisfied of what I have. I always want something better which I don't have. I envy a lot of people in this forum but

I DO NOT CLAIM THAT THEY ARE ARROGANT, NOT TO MENTION I HARDLY KNOW THEM.

Please note as well that I did not mention about beating or "eating up" T-maxx, Sportmaxx, Savage, or other trucks you may have. I was simply stating what was a wise buy FOR ME. I know some may disagree but don't have to get personal about it. Don't have a cow?[X(]

Now who is arrogant?
Old 01-26-2004, 06:20 PM
Dale Gribble

Haha, well, I don't think either of us is taking this very seriously, but since you blatantly contradicted yourself, I feel obligated to respond to several key points-

You said, and I quote in your very first post-

I would suggest for you to get a twin titan.
and then you rebuttal by saying-

I was simply stating what was a wise buy FOR ME.
That is a contradiction. If you would have said 'ya I got a Twin Titan, it's hella cool, I like it' I would agree with you, and it is an awesome truck, but you had to 'suggest' it for everyone else out there, a lot of us who definitely couldn't afford it.

Second, I guess I missed the part in the rules and regulations which states the limits on how many posts I can produce . If you do not like it, don't respond or don't even bother reading it, period.
I seriously opened three different posts this mornings back to back staring at your story with your pics. Three in a row! It was an observation! If everyone duped their threads in different sections, not a whole lot would be getting said would it? I can't help reading it when you dupe it like that.

Finally, I NEVER SAID YOU WERE ARROGANT! I never passed judgement on YOU! I said the thread and the way you worded it 'sounded' arrogant to me, nothing more. I thought it was worded in such a way that you were saying your truck was better then everyone elses,

Lastly, did you guys notice with the money you spent with your T-maxx, you could have purchased several trucks already. I guess this was the main reason I sold the T-maxx. I only spent $660.00 for the Twin Titan, that's it. No more costly upgrades. No more money pit. I am glad I sold my T-maxx because it is just a never ending upgrade journey.
Anyways, I am not taking this too seriously, as I hope you aren't either. You have a real nice truck. I would just never
suggest to anyone to go and buy a $660 truck is all.
Old 01-26-2004, 06:33 PM
Dale Gribble

BTW, your Maxx was really nice too.
Old 01-26-2004, 06:42 PM
twinmania

Arrogance?

Let me quote you to what you said as well:

“I guess it just comes across as arrogance to me...â€

“That comes across to me as arrogant to be honest.â€

Does not ring a bell?

No harm done, just two different opinions, right?

Contradictory? Who cares? A suggestion is not a restrictive force for me to simply tell everyone to purchase one. I simply suggested from my own experience from a wise purchase. You know, A SUGGESTION!

One may speak or write like an adult, it would be greatly appreciated if one can act that way. Out of a hundred who probably who have read my post, there would probably be just one who have had acted and responded that way. I guess that is just human nature.

Have a great day!

Just my .02[>:]
Old 01-26-2004, 07:40 PM
Dale Gribble

One may speak or write like an adult, it would be greatly appreciated if all would ACT that way. Out of a hundred who probably who have read my post, there would probably be just one who have had acted and responded that way. I guess that is just human nature.
Boy you said it... It takes a nation of millions doesn't it?!
Old 01-26-2004, 08:07 PM
ICrashThings

hmmm well im poor and this is all i can afford, sometimes i dont drive it for a week cause i need to do stuff to get money for fuel or a new A-arm...but yea i ignore ppl when they say stuff like "YOU NEED TO GET THIS OMGZ TOP OF TEH LINE STUFF WITH A BAZZILION HORSE POWERZ HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!" but whatever i just have my simple life with my simple car. thats all i need!...plus the cleanup is a breeezE![&:]
Old 01-26-2004, 10:59 PM
twinmania

ORIGINAL: Peter_Griffen

One may speak or write like an adult, it would be greatly appreciated if all would ACT that way. Out of a hundred who probably who have read my post, there would probably be just one who have had acted and responded that way. I guess that is just human nature.
Boy you said it... It takes a nation of millions doesn't it?!
Well anyways, thank you for your opinion. Let's call it quits. I'm glad that was over.
Old 01-26-2004, 11:03 PM
twinmania

hmmm well im poor and this is all i can afford, sometimes i dont drive it for a week cause i need to do stuff to get money for fuel or a new A-arm...but yea i ignore ppl when they say stuff like "YOU NEED TO GET THIS OMGZ TOP OF TEH LINE STUFF WITH A BAZZILION HORSE POWERZ HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!" but whatever i just have my simple life with my simple car. thats all i need!...plus the cleanup is a breeezE![&:]
I have two kids with no job. That is poor. I don't even have the guts to jump my trucks since I have no money to purchase extra parts. That's sad, ain't it?

I guess the only thrill for me is to maintain and clean it thoroughly after each run.

You are right, some of us are less fortunate, but we just have to be happy for just what we have.
Old 01-26-2004, 11:10 PM
paperclipracer
My Feedback: (3)

bash bash kids seehs!
Old 01-27-2004, 08:19 AM
ICrashThings

ORIGINAL: twinmania

I have two kids with no job. That is poor. I don't even have the guts to jump my trucks since I have no money to purchase extra parts. That's sad, ain't it?

I guess the only thrill for me is to maintain and clean it thoroughly after each run.

You are right, some of us are less fortunate, but we just have to be happy for just what we have.
My car hasnt been driven in like...10 months...I REALLY WANNA DRIVE IT! but im not done it yet!
Old 01-31-2004, 10:32 PM
twinmania

Here are short unedited videos of my twin. Please bare with the raw footage.

http://www.rcpics.net/view_single.php?medid=23154

http://www.rcpics.net/view_single.php?medid=23151

Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.