Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

kmp dc3 due november 30th i just ordered one

Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

kmp dc3 due november 30th i just ordered one

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 11:48 AM
scalenutz
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: kmp d3 due november 30th i just ordered one

[img][/img]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81412.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	990382  
Old 07-14-2008, 12:34 PM
zayzay1

looks real good but you will probably have to remove 2 servos to get the windows in.

I am still trying to get the last front window on mine. as there is no way to hold it from the inside.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:35 PM
bokis

If Paul or Andrew reads this: C.G is 85 mm,that is about 1/5 or 20%,that seems to be a little to far forward?
With the C.G so far forward I will need nearly 2 lbs of weight in mine up front to get the C.G right..Checked with other DC 3:s and for example,the Ziroli has about 1/3 wich seem more like it..
Any comments? Mine is ready for flight and and I am very impressed so far with the model,if it flies as good as it looks I dont think I will have any problems..
Old 07-14-2008, 01:56 PM
smullis
My Feedback: (26)

Hey Scalenuts. If you want to make that plane look more scale go to SOLO Props .com
They have some hubs that will adjust the pitch on your props and also you can get 3 bladed props that all look scale. It will probably run you a few bucks but if you want scale here is a good site to go to.
Steve Mullis
Old 07-14-2008, 02:11 PM
smullis
My Feedback: (26)

Bokis I have found out over the years of modeling that 1/3 back on the wing is a great place to balance your plane. Even if then it is a little nose heavy it is better than tail heavy. Especially on a twin. It will snap in a heartbeat if to tail heavy and there is no way to recover . If your plane has a wing tube balance it on the tube. I think your plane though has a spar what the pictures show so balance it on the spar or just a 1/4 to a 1/2 in behind the spar and you will be ok. If it is nose heavy you can always move the batteries or take some weight out of the nose. Sill better than being tail heavy.

Steve Mullis
Old 07-14-2008, 02:33 PM
scalenutz

Thanks for the info Steve, Zayzay how far have you got? Why do you need to remove the servos? I have already figured the way to install the cockpit glass, try a balloon, put a loop of tape on the front and pull it forward then inflate the balloon up to hold it, crazy i know but it works.
Has any one got to motors running yet? Im having some real concerns about the fuel draw, its a long way. I brought the RCV motors to try figuring they are 4 cycle and should have good fuel draw........ unfortunatly I cant recommend them.
Bokis, I agree with you on the model, so far I have nothing but good things to say, I have taken mine to the field and its drawn lots of attention, KMP build fantastic models I just hate those Chinglish instructions............... Andrew or Paul, cant you guys spend a little time re writing them?
Old 07-14-2008, 04:08 PM
bokis

Mullis,thanks for your quick reply but that is the problem,the recomended C.G for the KMP in the manual is 85 mm,and that is pretty nose heavy..
Instead of 1/3 ,this is more like 1/5 ,the overall chord length (dont know if that is good english) is 400 mm..
I will start att roughly 1/4 (110mm) when I fly it tomorrow and see what happens..C.G in the manuals can be quite exciting from time to time,I love my KMP Bearcat but the recomended C.G on that one made it very tailheavy..But that is now sorted out with the "trial and error method"
Old 07-14-2008, 08:59 PM
AKondor

Instructions are our nemesis! [>:] We are trying to work something out with somebody who does fantastic manual writing in the US.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:02 PM
scalenutz

Thats great Andrew, keep those great models coming.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:51 PM
mobyal

Great, Andrew
If he does one for the FW190A please let me know. I'll gladly pay $25 or so...
Al
Old 07-15-2008, 08:06 AM
zayzay1

scalenutz, well I have medium to large hands and needed to remove the servos to get my hands to where the windows needed to be.

right now I need to install the linkages, control horns, and engines so pretty much everything still left to do. but it's finnaly moving along much faster.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:24 AM
bokis

Flew mine yesterday, 2 ASP/SY 91 Fourstroke,13-8 props..First flight,one engine out due too fuel tubing trouble inside the tank,flew it for 30s and landed it,fixed the problem and went up again..
Little bit like flying a cub,a lot of opposite rudders when turning,flew very nice and stalling it was a gentle thing,mine just dipped the nose and accelerated,no problem there..Flaps about 30 degrees,needed a little bit of mixing with the elevator (down 3mm) when I used it.. Landing it:I just flew it all the way down and rolled out on the ground..S
Very,very nice flying airplane,I think this must be the best twin i tried yet,thanks KMP/YT!
I checked two different C.G:s,and for me the best one is about 1/4 (25%) from the leadinge edge between the engines...
//Bokis
Old 07-22-2008, 10:17 AM
scalenutz

Congrats Bokis, Some pictures of it flying would be nice!
Old 07-22-2008, 10:28 AM
zayzay1

!!wow!! thats great always love an uneventfull maiden.

uneventfull meaning it came down in one piece.

so how did it handle with just one engine, did you angle the motors out when you built it or did you just lay them flat?

It's great to hear of someone actually flying this thing and not just the creators.

Makes me want to finish mine quicker.

Some pictures of field and air action would be great......

Old 07-26-2008, 06:33 PM
bokis

Lets see if I can get you a film: http://www.junkshop.nu/flyg/bokis_20..._dc3_2_big.wmv
It will take a while to download but it might be worth it,I`ll think it´s a nice video! If you wonder why it took so long to get it to stop in the video its´because the idle was a little bit on the high side,this was my third flight,and i´ve sorted that out now,it works like a charm..
How it is to fly on one engine? Caused no problem,did what I am used to do,keept the speed up,slowly decending and there was no problem what so ever,felt like I was in control the whole time,no nasty surprises at all!
This weekend I have flown it in a meeting here in sweden for perhaps 2 hours and I must say that I enoy every second of flying it,
it just keeps on flying without any problems at all...
Abot the C.G,I strongly recomend using the 4" /100 mm,it handles great with that,i´ve placed sub-c cells for the glow up front along with the reciever battery,had to add about a pound of led too there but it works for me..
Use the simplest twin glow there is ,Simprop,and connect the 2 engines together with a electric cable instead of using two separate glows..
If anyone want more videos of KMP we have that too,Bearcat,FW190 and moore,I really like KMP,if Andrew can get the manuals fixed along with some of the hardware that comes with the aircraft,it would be great!
Old 07-26-2008, 08:55 PM
mobyal

VERY nice, Henrick.
If you have a video or two of the KMP FW190, I'd sure like to see them. I'm just starting on mine Sierra Retracts and wheels, OS120AX
If you'll send me a pm, I'll give you an Email to send them to.
Again, congratulations on your fine DC3
Al
Old 07-27-2008, 11:27 AM
espen227

Hi. is there some one how has some experiense with the saito 90 3-Cylinder Radial: TT engine ........ im thinking of having 2 of those in my kpm dc3 , but im wondering if its enougt power,,.......
cause the saito has a rpm from 2500 to 10000 and can have a maximum prop on 13*7 ........ so i thing u got a maximum rpm to 7000 with the 13*7 prop ........ so i wonder of anybody have some experiens to deal with me .
Old 07-27-2008, 11:55 AM
scalenutz

Bokis, Great video..... Congratulations
Old 07-27-2008, 12:04 PM
bokis

It will work but I think it´s a lot of work and I´m not sure that the result in the end is what you are hoping for,you have to take upp large coolingholes anyway and the biggest issue is that you need two really reliable engines when you fly a twin,so if you know how to make them work really good so why not?
BUT dont try if this is your first twin project,or you have tried these engines before,reliabillity is No 1!
A couple of more links to videos ,it´s my good friends Henrick and Daniel that takes these nice videos,they really deserves credit for them I think..
http://www.vimeo.com/1324487 That`s the Bearcat and the FW 190: http://www.junkshop.nu/flyg/bokis_20..._fw190_big.wmv
//Bokis
Old 07-27-2008, 02:38 PM
espen227

thanks for the answer . yes i have thinking of the work with the covlings cause the covling its about 14 cm and the diameter of the saito its 16.8 cm...... have never try one of thees but its a verry nice sound . is it anought with the 91 4t engine ? or is it one the limit ...... have re marked it to skandinavian airlines system emblem ...... that was flying from 1948 to 1957 (se-cfp registration).

No its not my first time with the 2 engines, have a dual ace and a c-130 hercules from asm, so i now how importent its with the engines ......he he
Old 07-27-2008, 06:03 PM
mobyal

Thanks, Bokis
I know this is the DC3 Forum, but if you don't mind, what engine do you have in your 190, and how much does it weigh? (Then I promise I won't ask any more 190 questions here! LOL )
Al
Old 07-28-2008, 02:18 AM
bokis

Saito 170 radial,4 sub-c for the glow up front along with the reciever battery,no extra weight added,standard servos futaba3003 to everything and what the weight is?If it is really important i can weigh it for you but it flies anyway!
Old 07-28-2008, 04:14 AM
blubberse

For more ESM movies just check viddler, search for ESM

http://www.viddler.com/search_detail...archString=esm

//Henrick
Old 07-29-2008, 08:23 AM
bokis

http://www.rcuniverse.com/gallery/ga...mberID%3D81505
Hmmm...not to good but those links are photos behind...Must have done something wrong!
Old 07-29-2008, 01:35 PM
bokis

The pictures above was taken by a good friend of mine,Roger Eklund here in sweden, the rest of the pictures are here: http://www.mcregor.se/ArbogaStorskala20081.htm
One ting that could be worth thinking about is how to make the wing attatchement,I glued the wing spars with the wing sections and use blind nuts in the wing(one at each side)and normal plastic bolts screwed from the wheel wells,works perfect for me..
Easy to do also,just used a wooden screw from the well and screwed together the center section with the wing ,voilá.the holes will be perfectly aligned..
This makes the aircraft very easy to assemble at the field and nice size to transport..
//Bokis

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.