Notices
User Product Reviews Post a full review of your latest kit, ARF, heli, engine, radio, whatever! Read what others have to say about them.

Keleo Creations experience

Old 11-16-2015, 05:02 PM
RonTins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keleo Creations experience

So I purchased a custom exhaust for my OS 320-FF Pegasus on November 6th 2015 and received an email from sales today November 16th.... I'll copy and paste the exact email exchanges between myself and Keleo sales..

First Email
************************************************** ************************************************** *********************************
Keleo Creations Inc.
------------------------------------------------------
Order Number: 3871

Detailed Invoice:
https://www.keleo-creations.com/index.php?main_page=account_history_info&order_id=*****

Date Ordered: Friday 06 November, 2015

Comments:
9405503699300190010XXX

Your current order status is: Tracking Number
Please reply to this email if you have any questions.
************************************************** ************************************************** *********************************

I replied with the following after receiving email above...

REPLY TO KELEO: "Was this order shipped via UPS, FedEx or USPS?"

After my reply to Keleo, I received the following scathing email from Keleo Sales.

SECOND EMAIL FROM KELEO
************************************************** ************************************************** ********************************
You did not read the purchase agreement, you checked a box saying that you did. All of your answers where and is in that purchase agreement. I will let you know when it ships just like I let you know what the tracking number is. Until I let you know that it has shipped you can bet it has not shipped. All my shipping is with USPS, again in the agreement.

Anyway I will send you and email when it ships. Thank you for the order.

Keleo

************************************************** ************************************************** *******************************

Frankly Keleo's response got me a bit puzzled. Why would Keleo sales, try to in anyway admonish me for merely asking a question? I merely asked whether shipping would be via UPS, FedEx or USPS as I could not figure out the tracking number.

In response to Keloe, I sent the following email.

SECOND REPLY TO KELEO:
Are you in anyway admonishing me for not reading your purchase agreement? Just so you know I was only enquiring if product had been shipped because I received an email with a set of numbers that appeared to be a tracking number. You could have simply stated that it hadn't been shipped yet!!!

At this point I am thinking, it might be a really bad employee with a bad day responding to my email but then I received final email from Keleo threatening to Cancel my order.

THIRD EMAIL FROM KELEO
************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ****************
You donít agree to my terms if you donít read the purchase agreement. I will cancel your order and refund your money promptly.

Keleo

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ****************

Shortly after receiving this email, I get notification from Paypal of a refund from Keleo. Frankly I don't care that Keleo makes the best scale exhausts out there. I will not and refuse to be intimidated or spoken to RUDELY by anyone and I do also promise to never transact business with Keleo Creations ever AGAIN!!

I wonder how many others have been treated so rudely by Keleo Creations.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:21 PM
KaP2011
My Feedback: (17)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I also had a very similar experience with Keleo Creations this past year. It took 16 weeks to get my order after being told it would take 10 weeks. I sent an email after 13 weeks inquiring as to the status of my order and received a very similar email to yours where I was scolded for asking a question and a threat to cancel my order.
To top it off, when I did finally receive my order the fit of the muffler was very poor and required modification to work. I sent an email describing my problem with the fit and the response was that Keleo was not responsible for design changes made by the engine manufacturer. The engine was an OS Gemini 1.60 and there had been no design changes. The problem was poor quality control.

The result of my experience is that I will never buy anything from Keleo Creations again. I will also go out of my way to warn others against ordering anything from them.
Old 11-17-2015, 10:48 PM
Rocketman612
My Feedback: (84)

No Soup for you 1 year
Old 11-18-2015, 08:18 AM
prophead
My Feedback: (25)

Ok,I don't normally get into to these but i have to this time because both these guys are not painting the full picture, here are the exchanges with Keith...

firts one as follows

Hi Keith,
Your third in line and will be starting on it next week.

Keleo

Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2015 6:21 AM
To: Keleo Creations Inc.
Subject: Re: Order Confirmation No: 3424

Hello,

I'm wondering if I can get an update on my order for the OS-160T muffler placed on 11/29/14.

Thank You,
Keith Plumley

On Saturday, November 29, 2014 7:11 PM, Keleo Creations Inc. wrote:

Order Confirmation from Keleo Creations Inc.

Keith Plumley

Thanks for shopping with us today!
The following are the details of your order.
Order Number: 3424
Date Ordered: Saturday 29 November, 2014
Detailed Invoice:
https://www.keleo-creations.com/inde...&order_id=3424

Down pipes at 0 degrees, no sweep.
Thank you
Keith

Products
1 x 160T (OS_160T) = $105.00
Sub-Total: $105.00
United States Postal Service (1.00lbs) (Priority Mail&trade: $6.51
Total: $111.51

Delivery Address
Keith Plumley
707 Lovebridge Rd. SE
Calhoun, GA 30701
United States

Billing Address
Keith Plumley
707 Lovebridge Rd. SE
Calhoun, GA 30701
United States

Payment Method
Credit Card

-----
This email address was given to us by you or by one of our customers. If you
feel that you have received this email in error, please send an email to
[email protected]

-----
Copyright (c) 2014 Keleo Creations Inc.. Powered by Zen Cart

This email is sent in accordance with the US CAN-SPAM Law in effect
01/01/2004. Removal requests can be sent to this address and will be honored
and respected.

Then the next exchange....

Availability
All of my products are custom made and are built to order, "NO STOCK!"

Payment is required from you for me to put you in the "Build Q".
Orders are basically built first come first serve, and you must realize that when you place your order that there are other customers ahead of you, and their orders I will be working on before I get to yours.

I also build all the small parts that make my finished products, this includes all the nuts, adaptor nuts, and the header pipes just to name a few! When I'm building the small parts there isn't any forward production being done on end products! I can easily spend a week making small parts and this can delay forward production a week.

My lead time is 10 weeks on items that are out of stock, if an item says "In Stock" then it will ship in 5-7 working days.

You will get notifications when,
I start your build
When the build is completed
When shipping is purchased
When it is shipped
And you will get tracking information!

My lead time is approximate and it depends on how many orders that are coming in, the last couple of months I have been getting slammed! I’m currently working on 30 orders and will have them all done so that I can ship this up and coming week.

I’m only one person and I’m working as fast as I can. Thank you for your patience.

Kelvin

Sent: Saturday, February 28, 2015 1:32 PM
Subject: Re: Order Update #3424

Hello,

Any updates? 13 weeks and counting.

On Friday, February 20, 2015 9:49 AM, Keleo Creations Inc. wrote:

Keleo Creations Inc.

Detailed Invoice:

Comments:
Your order now in the "Build Q", thank you for your patience.

Your current order status is: Build Started

[email protected]
This e-mail is sent in accordance with the US CAN-SPAM Law in effect
and respected.

then this...

Hi Keith,
Thank you for your feedback. First there are many reasons this particular design came to be and it solved several problems. This design was brought together with a customer supplied engine and after the jig was made I then made an exhaust on the jig then bolted it to the engine with no problems, ie, the mounting holes where spot on. As for the needle valve I have more than one design that blocks the adjustment needle, you only have a partial blockage and can still use the needle with the exhaust installed. I have a Stearman that has a Saito 170 on it with sparked ignition and I have to remove the ring in order to remove the spark plug caps. I’m pretty certain that the carb can be rotated 180 and by doing this you may get the room you desire.

The engine breather nipple can be replaced with a 90 degree elbow, I easily found several on the net. I will add to the tech notes on this product that a 90 is needed.

Now back to the misalignment of the mounting holes, it would not be the first time that engine companies have changed something that affects my exhaust design and it seems that this has happened here. I will make changes to my design to help with this so that the end user doesn’t have a problem. I will make a oval mounting hole so that we have more wiggle room and would be happy to send to you a new exhaust with this change if you want it.

Thank again for the feedback,

Kelvin

Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2015 9:25 PM
Subject: Re: Order Update #3424

Kelvin,

Thank you for your recent shipment of my muffler, it arrived today. Upon first inspection it looks to be a well made product. However, when I attempted to install it on my plane I discovered several problems. I have attached photos. First, in one photo you will see a brass nipple on the bottom of the engine crankcase, this is the crankcase drain. The muffler when mounted is in direct conflict with this nipple, there is 3/16" between the nipple and the muffler. Hardly enough room to attach the drain tube. Second, the mounting holes are not in line with the engine mount block, one hole is close, the other is off by 1/8". Third, the left pipe is less that 1/16" from the high speed needle. There is room to adjust but the needle will only come out (richen) 2 turns where it comes into contact with the pipe. To remove the needle would require removal of the carb or muffler.

Your reputation for a quality product is well known in the r/c hobby. I am disappointed that my muffler did not come up to my expectations. I realize that you are working alone and you have many orders to complete. I believe that has had an impact on quality control. Given that you are so overwhelmed with orders I will not return the muffler but will instead modify it to work. Cutting the mount tab off and re-welding it will not be too difficult. Slightly bending the pipe to clear the high speed needle will solve the clearance issue. The issue with the crankcase drain tube will require a 90 degree fitting. (not sure where I'll get one)

Thank You,
Keith Plumley

On Tuesday, March 10, 2015 8:55 AM, Keleo Creations Inc. wrote:

Keleo Creations Inc.

Detailed Invoice:

Comments:
Your order has shipped, thank you for your patience.

Your current order status is: Shipped

[email protected]
This e-mail is sent in accordance with the US CAN-SPAM Law in effect
and respected.

Nowhere did i threaten to cancel his order and refund him his money, I offered him a replacement exhaust and he declined.

Kelvin
Old 11-18-2015, 08:33 AM
prophead
My Feedback: (25)

F. Ward
by your own admission you didn't read the fine print, I also knew this by the questions. Not only was this information in your receipt but it was in the purchase agreement that you didn't read. I tried to point this out to you though may it be gruff, I'm a straight to the point kind of guy. You got pissed and wanted to fight. I'm not fighting, and for me the best thing to do was to get rid of the problem.

You forgot to mention that this was an item that I had discontinued and was willing to help you requardless. I even got it done in a reasonable time. I Reserve the right to refuse service to anyone I want and will do it in a heartbeat to someone who wants to fight and or read something into an email that is not there.

Kelvin
Old 11-18-2015, 11:40 AM
RonTins

Originally Posted by prophead View Post
F. Ward
by your own admission you didn't read the fine print, I also knew this by the questions. Not only was this information in your receipt but it was in the purchase agreement that you didn't read. I tried to point this out to you though may it be gruff, I'm a straight to the point kind of guy. You got pissed and wanted to fight. I'm not fighting, and for me the best thing to do was to get rid of the problem.

You forgot to mention that this was an item that I had discontinued and was willing to help you requardless. I even got it done in a reasonable time. I Reserve the right to refuse service to anyone I want and will do it in a heartbeat to someone who wants to fight and or read something into an email that is not there.

Kelvin
This is a free Country we live in, and I fully respect anyone who refuses to provide a service to anyone. I simply asked you which shipper the long tracking number I received was being shipped through. Frankly, having that information in your terms as YOU so call it, makes no difference what so ever. NO CUSTOMER would care about that information. Instead, you chose to scold me, rather than be POLITE to your customer. I DID NOT BEG you to relist an item you decided to DISCONTINUE. Infact you quickly relisted it and after several excahnges with you, made it available so I could place the Order. I really HATE it when ADULTS LIE.

I will never let anyone speak to me in a condescending manner and THAT INCLUDES YOU, WHOEVER you are. I am glad I am taking my business elsewhere. Your loss is another business's gain.
Old 11-18-2015, 11:46 AM
RonTins

PS. I never tried in anyway to pick a fight with you. I confronted you because YOU were very RUDE. I am like that. I confront anyone who I think is being rude, be it the President of the US or whoever. You didn't like that and chose to cancel the order right after my first response..
Old 11-18-2015, 11:53 AM
RonTins

Had I been forewarned that it was your nature to treat your customers the way you responded to my email, TRUST ME, I would not have placed the order through your pathetic company of yours...

PS. I have worked customer service in the past, and even when customers are being belligerent, manners teaches you not to be rude to them. Ask anyone and you will be told that this is customer service etiquette..
Old 11-18-2015, 12:24 PM
RonTins

Originally Posted by Rocketman612 View Post
No Soup for you 1 year
LOL... I hope Keleo Creations gets the sarcasm here...
Old 11-18-2015, 02:33 PM
RonTins

Dear Administrators... If you are reading this thread can you have it deleted on my behalf please?

Thanks.
Old 11-18-2015, 04:29 PM
KaP2011
My Feedback: (17)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It has been nearly a year since this exchange and while I may not remember the details I do remember the feeling of being scolded by your email with the bold type and I very clearly remember the aggravation of having to modify a product that should have been a "bolt on and go" product. I also remember thinking, why would I want to wait another 16 weeks for something that would still likely have to be modified.
I have long since gotten rid of that muffler and the aggravation that came with it and I will never again spend my money on anything created by Keleo Creations.

The experience of your poor quality control remains.
Old 11-18-2015, 09:28 PM
kohersh

I dont really want to pile onto Kelvin here as his stuff is nice, but I was similairly scolded and ultimately turned away for asking him to make something that was truly custom. The details are not important as in the end he was unsure if he could deliver something that meet both of our expecations- hey, thats fair! BUT....he went on to guilt trip me by saying that I had wasted his time with more than 2 communications via email.
OK, so that may not be entirely wrong either- but it was not intentional and I'm not sure about anyone else here but I have to work for my sales, "tire kickers and almost had em's" are a part of business...in my case he already had a PayPal payment...I was all in! He continued on as indignent and felt as though he was owed for that time spent emailing back and forth as we figured it out The fact that he *****ed me out and then canceled my order was insuting. Others I asked at the field said his stuff was nice, but the experience with him was far from smooth, and as it turns out- the plane flies better without his heavy exhaust on it.
Old 11-19-2015, 09:00 AM
9ballvalk
My Feedback: (13)

Wow...hard to imagine treating customers in this manner. Must be something more to it, probably in the "fine print."
Old 11-19-2015, 10:48 AM
kohersh

He said he has 70+ products on his website and is doing the best that he can, and I get that, I even get that you can't please everyone. It just seemed like there was a reality disconnect with him, like he assumed that nobody else has ever run a business or been subjected to questions by people who knew exactly what they wanted, I mean aren't his customers mostly financially stable grown men, playing with several thousand dollar toy planes asking for tiny exhausts that costs $500? And all the written thank yous for your times weren't enough, he wanted ot get paid for answering emails. That is the insulting part but there are no hard feelings anymore, he did the right thing in the end.
Old 11-20-2015, 09:59 AM
castlebravo

Sub

CB
Old 02-09-2020, 04:34 AM
Tisoy909
My Feedback: (21)

Any news on Keleo, he still alive?